• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

JulianImp

So it seems the Datel cheat device for 3ds allows for you to get
latiasite and latiosite
. It's all over 4chan, but it's legit, there's also a youtube video on it.

Were those known already? Actually, does the community already know about any of those that still haven't been made public (I just want a "yes" or "no" answer, since I'd rather avoid spoilers)?

Also, I'm now on the lookout for megastones that can't be found on Y version, but don't have any duplicate stones I could offer for them. How could I manage to get my hands on them, by asking for them from people who can clone items?

EDIT: Fixed quoted spoilers, and changed my reply to avoid mentioning them directly.

JoeM86

Were those known already? Actually, does the community already know about any of those that still haven't been made public (I just want a "yes" or "no" answer, since I'd rather avoid spoilers)?

Also, I'm now on the lookout for megastones that can't be found on Y version, but don't have any duplicate stones I could offer for them. How could I manage to get my hands on them, by asking for them from people who can clone items?

EDIT: Fixed quoted spoilers, and changed my reply to avoid mentioning them directly.

Yeah they were known about.

Thankfully, they're blocked from being traded and from being on Battle Spot, but standard person to person battles work. Been testing with a friend with this for research and pics

http://www.serebii.net/hidden/03065.png <--- BIG SPOILER

MegaMelon

Yeah they were known about.

Thankfully, they're blocked from being traded and from being on Battle Spot, but standard person to person battles work. Been testing with a friend with this for research and pics

http://www.serebii.net/hidden/03065.png <--- BIG SPOILER

Is it possible for Nintendo/Gamefreak to block cheat devices from doing this sor of thing? Whilst I love getting new information, I'm not too pleased at the thought of people already having access to something before it's officially distributed

JoeM86

Is it possible for Nintendo/Gamefreak to block cheat devices from doing this sor of thing? Whilst I love getting new information, I'm not too pleased at the thought of people already having access to something before it's officially distributed

The way this is working is editing the savefile away from the 3DS, by plugging it into their device and then activating it. As such, it can't be blocked. All they can do maybe is check the save on connecting, and if you have it, you get banned.

From what my friends with this device have said, the particular things in question cannot be traded, and they cannot be used in the Battle Spot. However, they can be used in standard player to player matches.

Wichu

Nope, the data will always be in the game. No matter how secure Nintendo makes the 3DS, hackers will eventually find a way to get in.

They can't make any DLC-exclusive Pokémon that aren't already in the base game data - DLC is stored on the SD card, so things get problematic if you remove that.

MegaMelon

Nope, the data will always be in the game. No matter how secure Nintendo makes the 3DS, hackers will eventually find a way to get in.

They can't make any DLC-exclusive Pokémon that aren't already in the base game data - DLC is stored on the SD card, so things get problematic if you remove that.

The way this is working is editing the savefile away from the 3DS, by plugging it into their device and then activating it. As such, it can't be blocked. All they can do maybe is check the save on connecting, and if you have it, you get banned.

From what my friends with this device have said, the particular things in question cannot be traded, and they cannot be used in the Battle Spot. However, they can be used in standard player to player matches.

I see, thanks for the responses. Knowing Gamefreak though, I don't think anyone is gonna get banned. And so I begin waiting for 3 years o get these mega stones legitimately.

EDIT:

Why did you spoil me? Oh man! Oh no! Come on, man! Dang it!

Just kidding. Nice Shiny name.

Oh my god you actually gave me a heart attack. I didn't mean to spoil it, just wrongl assumed it was public knowledge.

Wichu

I see, thanks for the responses. Knowing Gamefreak though, I don't think anyone is gonna get banned. And so I begin waiting for 3 years o get these mega stones legitimately.

It's not going to be 3 years. In fact, I'm pretty sure they'll be obtainable before the next game is out.

JoeM86

My friend also calculated stats

Mega Latias; 80\100\120\140\150\110 - Dragon/Psychic - Levitate
Mega Latios: 80\130\100\160\120\110 - Dragon/Psychic - Levitate

Korosenai

Guys, I think it's obvious we're getting gen 3 remakes now... because why specifically those two Pokemon if not? Kind of like how they did specific megatones for x and y, I could see them do
Latias or Latios for Ruby Remake
and
Latios or Latias for Sapphire Remake

Believe.

------------------------

Does anyone have a Litwick or Slugma with heat wave? I don't really feel like going back to gen 5 to get one, but i'll probably have to if no on here has one.

MegaMelon

Guys, I think it's obvious we're getting gen 3 remakes now... because why specifically those two Pokemon if not? Kind of like how they did specific megatones for x and y, I could see them do
and

Believe.

------------------------

Does anyone have a Litwick or Slugma with heat wave? I don't really feel like going back to gen 5 to get one, but i'll probably have to if no on here has one.

Am I the only one who wants a Gen 3 / Hoenn sequel instead of a remake?

We'll get games featuring hoenn soonish, but I'm not sure about remakes, I mean, we can transfer pokemon from rs already so. Travelled a long way from hoenn to hoenn? Time Paradox?

I think people just say remake because of the way Gen 1 and 2 got one and a sequel hasn't crossed their minds. Though for some reason, I've seen a few people that do remakes instead of sequels which I don't really get. It gives them and excuse to change and add a lot of areas into Hoenn while still having the same core areas.

Mega Latios/Latias could make interesting cover legendaries. I mean it's not like the Team Magma/Aqua story made a lot of sense in the first place
especially Aqua's

Trying to hatch competitive shiny pokemon sucks! Working on a Gible yeah? I got my shiny with rough skin, 0 speed (&#9583;°&#9633;°&#65289;&#9583;&#65077; &#9531;&#9473;&#9531;

macklelol

and

Believe.

------------------------

I can get you a Litwick with Heat Wave. It'll probably be a few hours until I can get on, though.

Griss

Absolutely not. I hated the map in that gen, it's what ruined it for me. So a sequel would have a chance to fix that. A remake/sequel would also fix how bad the sprite work looked in that game. Not much you can do about the pokemon that came out in that gen, though.

I thought when Ruby/Saphire came out that I was done with pokemon, and that I'd grown out of it or grown cynical or nostalgic. I disliked it that much. Then Diamond/Pearl and Black/White came out, and I realised that I just don't like those particular gen 3 games very much, and that's all it is. And Pokemon X might be the best one yet, so we're still on an upswing.

So yeah, sequel rather than remake for me, or I probably won't like it very much.

I just want Hoenn. Was one of my favourite regions, sadly I'm in the minority here.

This. Maybe just my most nostalgic, though, even though Crystal was my first Pokemon game. Something about Hoenn just stuck with me as being really great, I'd love to revisit it!

Also, if they do a Hoenn sequel and not a remake, I hope they decide to remix the themes instead of doing new music!

PK Gaming

My friend also calculated stats

Mega Latias; 80\100\120\140\150\110 - Dragon/Psychic - Levitate
Mega Latios: 80\130\100\160\120\110 - Dragon/Psychic - Levitate

Why did they even go to the effort of making Mega Lati-twins if they weren't going to try to innovate with them whatsoever. Oh well, at least Dragon Dance / Mixed Latios is more respectable now.

I think plain Eq Recover Dragon Pulse/Meteor Psychic move/tbolt/surf would be better. Might want to spoiler tag that :)

So used to other forums where they decided that it isn't secret anymore. My b.

He's better off without Recover, though. Most of what you're bringing him into is either going to die or is getting switched out and without Life Orb, it makes Recover even less of use. Though, if its going to be some niche, special bulky offensive Poke, and I don't see why you would neglect the 100+ speed for bulk, Recover is obv mandatory.

Anyways, anyone have an Aggronite to spare or is willing to give up their only one? I have a few Pokes worth trading it for.

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but in general, I have a problem with Cubone/Marowak. If baby Cubone's head grows into the skull of its deceased mother, wouldn't successive generations look like matryoshka? The skull would get progressively smaller. Then again, where does Cubone's skull helmet come from if a male is bred with Ditto?

JulianImp

@spyroflame0487: As we've been trying to keep all this leak within spoiler tags, I'd advice you to do the same. Some of us would rather be kept in the dark until such stuff is actually attainable, since sometimes these leaks set us up for dissappointments (Shadow Tag Litwick says hello).

As we've been trying to keep all this leak within spoiler tags, I'd advice you to do the same. Some of us would rather be kept in the dark until such stuff is actually attainable, since sometimes these leaks set us up for dissappointments (Shadow Tag Litwick says hello).
That's why i linked them instead of putting the images directly into the thread. I guess I could put the text into spoilers though..but its not like people didn't realize there were shiny versions of them.

vocab

Is there a general consensus which version to get or it doesn't matter? I haven't played a game since gold, and I'm hoping this is a good jump on point for someone like me.

JulianImp

Is there a general consensus which version to get or it doesn't matter? I haven't played a game since gold, and I'm hoping this is a good jump on point for someone like me.

It depends on which are your favorite pokémon, since some megastones can only be found in one of the two versions. There are a few version-exclusive pokémon as well, but they can be traded for with relative ease, and the same applies to the cover's legendary pokémon (I went with Y since I liked Yvetal's design a lot more than Xerneas').

macklelol

Yay, got myself a shiny Goomy!
C69CGn6.jpg

and GOD DAMN I want shiny Zygarde.

Griss

Down to 50 pokemon to go in the national dex! 42 of them are legendaries, though. Oh well. I'm guessing I'll get to 42 and that'll be it, there's no way I'm buying Black and playing through it to bring my old legendaries over. Not now, anyway. I need a pokebreak at some stage.

Also, put me down for X being superior. Not sure why anyone would prefer Y other than Skrelp and Dragalge, who are awesome. Yveltal is lame compared to Xerneas, after all.

Dandalf

Neo Member
dat shiny Zygarde.

Seriously. That looks incredible, and I love the standard sprite.

Isn't Zygarde shiny locked as of now though? I haven't caught him in my Y version and I have the shiny charm (Obtained it through a trade and traded it back).

If it's shiny locked there's no need to SR in front of it, but with my Shiny Charm and if it is possible to get a shiny Zygarde right now...

KiraFA37

Y, for evidence, see the next pokemon movie, it is called the cocoon of destruction and who is that? Yveltal. And where do you get him? In Y. Also more cuddly in pokemon amie due to his neck bush and his signature move is called OBLIVION WING.

... Yveltal is lame compared to Xerneas, after all.

I shall pray for you soul to the almighty helix fossil, since Yveltal will take your life force first.

Chopper

Seriously. That looks incredible, and I love the standard sprite.

Isn't Zygarde shiny locked as of now though? I haven't caught him in my Y version and I have the shiny charm (Obtained it through a trade and traded it back).

If it's shiny locked there's no need to SR in front of it, but with my Shiny Charm and if it is possible to get a shiny Zygarde at this moment...
Ooh. Good question. I haven't either. I just traded for one on the GTS.

Top Bottom