• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

You guys! I did it! I did the unthinkable! Praise be to the Helix Fossil
Flareon
the RNG wanted to be my friend tonight!

Shiny horde Geodude(tte)!!!! <3

52ffsRV.jpg

This little girl is getting cloned twice, two evolving to Graveler and one trading into a Golem :)

onslack

Bit of a random question but hoping someone on here will know the answer.

I have a few friend safari's with Vivillon, I've caught them ( not that I needed it) yet they still wont appear! The pokeball is still grey'd out!

This a glitch or is this meant to happen?

Geodude horde that did not kill themselves with magnitude, what is this?

That awkward moment you realize the Palkia you asked for on GTS is shiny (not having asked for shiny either), but only after viewing its summary page. Didn't even realize. Doesn't have much of a huge or interesting change.
That was Tornadus for me. I first thought there was no colour change (lacked non-shiny version to compare) but its so slight that it is pointless.

Muku

I have a few friend safari's with Vivillon, I've caught them ( not that I needed it) yet they still wont appear! The pokeball is still grey'd out!

You know, I've been wondering same thing. I'm having that problem with a persons FS. I keep forgetting and going in it to unlock it then see it pop up and I facepalm remembering it's there.

That was Tornadus for me. I first thought there was no colour change (lacked non-shiny version to compare) but its so slight that it is pointless.

Haha yes. Have a shiny Tornadus as well. I keep looking at it and without my normal one to compare it to see little difference. Though even when I do it's not a whole lot. Really don't like the almost no real change shinies and the ones that are puke awful. Some of those older ones are guilty of being awful.

Congrats Nintendo Playstation! She looks like a little gold nugget.

Thank you! I couldn't believe how it went down. Attacked one with Sturdy and it got knocked out with the first Magnitude. KO'd another on the next hit. By this time I'm losing my mind. This little one was the next to attack. Magnitude! It isolated itself! Whaaaat?!?!

In the Pokedex or in battle? In battle, the presence of a white Pokeball icon next to the enemy means it's already been caught/Dex registered.

Kirlia

Banned
Congrats to you, NP! You are hella lucky; truly the Helix Fossil
Old Amber
was on your side.

The Vivillon thing seems to be with all Friend Safaris; I have two or so friends who have Vivillon in their FSes, but the Vivillon sprite doesn't appear when I select their FSes despite having already encountered the Vivillon.

Muku

Thank you! I couldn't believe how it went down. Attacked one with Sturdy and it got knocked out with the first Magnitude. KO'd another on the next hit. By this time I'm losing my mind. This little one was the next to attack. Magnitude! It isolated itself! Whaaaat?!?!

In the Pokedex or in battle? In battle, the presence of a white Pokeball icon next to the enemy means it's already been caught/Dex registered.

Pretty sure he means when you exit and go to look at the 3 slots of the Safari slots for that person. When someone has a Vivi in their FS it will NOT register the last PokeBall so it stays as an empty and annoying slot.

Pretty sure he means when you exit and go to look at the 3 slots of the Safari slots for that person. When someone has a Vivi in their FS it will NOT register the last PokeBall so it stays as an empty and annoying slot.
Oh that makes sense. That would be annoying! Maybe because it's a dynamic sprite? I don't have any Vivillon FS registered, so I don't know if the pattern is yours or the other person's.

onslack

You know, I've been wondering same thing. I'm having that problem with a persons FS. I keep forgetting and going in it to unlock it then see it pop up and I facepalm remembering it's there.

I do exactly the same haha!

I have it in my Pokedex already and it has the white ball when I see it in a battle.

It just wont show as a " Seen Pokemon" on someone's Friend Safari, it still has the grey Pokeball as if to say I haven't found that Pokemon yet

Oh that makes sense. That would be annoying! Maybe because it's a dynamic sprite? I don't have any Vivillon FS registered, so I don't know if the pattern is yours or the other person's.

Muku is correct, that's what I meant.

That's what i was thinking, far too many sprites to know which one to display

The Vivillon thing seems to be with all Friend Safaris; I have two or so friends who have Vivillon in their FSes, but the Vivillon sprite doesn't appear when I select their FSes despite having already encountered the Vivillon.

Cheers.

At least everyone else is the same, I thought it was my game having a fit haha!

Geodude horde that did not kill themselves with magnitude, what is this?

It survived one with half health before using the move on its cohorts. Absolute luck.
Is this real life? No, this is SPARTA!!!

Congrats to you, NP! You are hella lucky; truly the Helix Fossil
Old Amber
was on your side.

Thanks! Couldn't believe I attacked the right ones. I thought for sure one I didn't target was gonna use Magnitude.

That's what i was thinking, far too many sprites to know which one to display

Does your pattern appear or the pattern native to the friend you register?

MicH

Managed to hatch two near-perfect (not shiny) Honedge:

Honedge - #679 (Quiet)
Male (&#9794;)
HP: 31
Att: 31
Def: 31
SpA: 31
SpD: 28 - 29
Speed: 0

Honedge - #679 (Quiet)
Male (&#9794;)
HP: 31
Att: 31
Def: 28 - 29
SpA: 31
SpD: 31
Speed: 0

Too bad they're both male so I can't use them to breed with my perfect 0 Speed Ditto. But at least I have these options if I give up on a shiny and just wanna train one up. Gonna keep the last one to use, definitely

Usobuko

Banned
This is it, I am never going to not disconnect against Japanese players if they win. Irks me when I acknowledge their win but every single one of them disconnect against mine. Can't record shit because of it.

Also, can't deal with M.Gengar on battlespot, I feel like I have to bring a dedicate counter just like M.Kangaskhan before. M.Kangaskhan usage died down though.

JoeM86

Just to remind those of you with a Japanese 3DS, the Bank trial will become unavailable to begin after Friday. From then, you will have to pay for the subscription if you begin your Bank, or when your 30 day trial ends.

Muku

Been wondering if it's because Vivi's patterns as well. But I kind of wish they'd use one as default. Some generic one or something. Though, I don't see why it couldn't just pull pattern they have and use it as the sprite. :( Only one FS right now and it's got a high planes one.

Muku

yey

another shiny froakie , the 3rd shiny froakie i hatched

WP_20140219_001.jpg

and of course...its Torrent

my life sucks

Nice! Oh man, sorry to hear that about it's ability though. I feel extremely lucky since my first shiny Froakie was Protean and decent IVs.

Edit: On a side note, is it worth finishing the Kalos Dexs? Is the charm/stone whatever really worth it?

L.O.R.D

Nice! Oh man, sorry to hear that about it's ability though. I feel extremely lucky since my first shiny Froakie was Protean and decent IVs.

Edit: On a side note, is it worth finishing the Kalos Dexs? Is the charm/stone whatever really worth it?
you only need to see all the Kalos pokemon to get the oval charm
and yes, it worth it
i can find an egg very fast

you only need to see all the Kalos pokemon to get the oval charm
and yes, it worth it
i can find an egg very fast
I thought the Oval Charm was the reward for the "admirable feat" of capturing all Pokemon in the Kalos region?

So just seeing them doesn't count, the Dex data has to be completely registered. Trading counts...

Muku

I thought the Oval Charm was the reward for the "admirable feat" of capturing all Pokemon in the Kalos region?

So just seeing them doesn't count, the Dex data has to be completely registered. Trading counts...

Hm, so that means the icon in that particular Dex, say like the Central one, means it has to have the Kalos icon then by each? Fuuuuuu.

Chopper

Hm, so that means the icon in that particular Dex, say like the Central one, means it has to have the Kalos icon then by each? Fuuuuuu.
You don't need the Kalos symbol. I have the Oval Charm and alot of my Kalos Dex have the Pokeball symbol. So crowns aren't necessary.

There doesn't appear to be a reward for crowning the Kalos Dexes.

L.O.R.D

how to post a trade request on reddit ?
every time i post a request , an AutoModerator remove it
Your submission has been automatically removed because your account does not meet the required criteria for making a new post on this subreddit. You must have an account that is at least one month old (30 days) and have more than 20 comment karma to create your own posts.
i been member then i don't know
i have number 90 after my name

You don't need the Kalos symbol. I have the Oval Charm and alot of my Kalos Dex have the Pokeball symbol. So crowns aren't necessary.

You're right, the Kalos symbol isn't required. The Pokeball icon is fine, because it means the Dex data has been fully registered.

Muku

Hell to the yes. Thank you!!

decaf

Anyone have any female Dream World Pokemon from BWB2W2 by any chance?

Specifically looking for Mareep, Dratini, Duosion, Snorlax and Wailmer, but I'm interested in any.

I have some interesting stuff to trade for any. Specifically a Modest Togepi with Tri Attack from XD and plenty of event Pokemon.

MicH

Ah, yes! I just got my dream Honedge; 31/31/31/31/31/0 Quiet Honedge. Gonna use it as the mother along with my Ditto (that has the exact same IVs) and hope for a shiny with, ideally, those IVs, but anything close to that would be amazing. Let's go!

JulianImp

Which would be a good anti-tank/staller pokémon, then? I had been thinking about having regenerator Tangrowth with Leech Seed in there, and I'd probably like to use some kind of 'mon with priority moves as well...

Should I run a Cloyster with Rock Blast, Icicle Spear, Shell Smash and possibly Ice Shard to trump whatever'd be trying to get back at it with a priority move? So far Kingdra has done okay, but it's so weak against the new Fairy type that it could become quite a hindrance.

By the way, I'm fine with just having above-average IVs for the pokémon I already have. I might breed for perfect 'mons for anything I might want to add, but I refuse to dump my old ones just for the sake of IVs.

If I had to choose a fourth move for Aerodactyl to replace Sub, which one do you think should I go for? It seems Fire Fang'd cover steel types, Iron Head could hit faeries, and Ice Fang could cover both ground and dragon types; luckily, all of them get boosted by Mega Aerodactyl's ability.

I'd say SubPunch has been fairly good for Muk so far, but what alternatives would you suggest if I were dropping the attack set?

Son Of D

Is there a list of Friend Safaris that GAF members have? Since I'm looking for a Frogadier safari. Alternatively, if anyone has a spare Protean Froakie they'd be willing to trade for junk then that would be great.

fek

Specifically looking for Mareep, Dratini, Duosion, Snorlax and Wailmer, but I'm interested in any.

I have some interesting stuff to trade for any. Specifically a Modest Togepi with Tri Attack from XD and plenty of event Pokemon.
Does it need to be from BW? You can get HA Mareep, Dratini and Duosion in XY. Mareep is from hordes and the other two in friend safari.

one_kill

Which would be a good anti-tank/staller pokémon, then? I had been thinking about having regenerator Tangrowth with Leech Seed in there, and I'd probably like to use some kind of 'mon with priority moves as well...

Should I run a Cloyster with Rock Blast, Icicle Spear, Shell Smash and possibly Ice Shard to trump whatever'd be trying to get back at it with a priority move? So far Kingdra has done okay, but it's so weak against the new Fairy type that it could become quite a hindrance.

By the way, I'm fine with just having above-average IVs for the pokémon I already have. I might breed for perfect 'mons for anything I might want to add, but I refuse to dump my old ones just for the sake of IVs.

If I had to choose a fourth move for Aerodactyl to replace Sub, which one do you think should I go for? It seems Fire Fang'd cover steel types, Iron Head could hit faeries, and Ice Fang could cover both ground and dragon types; luckily, all of them get boosted by Mega Aerodactyl's ability.

I'd say SubPunch has been fairly good for Muk so far, but what alternatives would you suggest if I were dropping the attack set?
Well, you're doing yourself a disservice by not using Pokemon with perfect/quasi-perfect IVs in the right stats. Although seemingly minute, those numbers add up and could be the difference between staying alive or fainting, or OHKOing a Pokemon or not.

To answer your question about stallers, it depends. Stallers can either be physically defensive, specially defensive, or both. Some stallers are reliant on items (for example, Porygon2), while others are just bulky. If you're fighting against physically defensive stallers, then you would of course use special attacks to do damage. The vice versa is true with regard to specially defensive stallers. Super effective moves are necessary, otherwise stallers just tank the hits and recover from them using items or moves.

Choose whatever move you see fit for your Aerodactyl in mind of the team you have and the Pokemon you commonly go up against. If you're finding fairies a tough fight, then have Iron Head. If you're facing a lot of dragons, then have Ice Fang.

Also, I forgot to say earlier that it's better if your Muk has Poison Touch. Stench is ok, but it'll only work if your opponent is slower than you or goes after you. Otherwise, like Sticky Hold, it's practically useless.

JulianImp

I think I have at least a female Exeggcute in a Dream Ball. Most of the 'mons were male, but I think I might have some other females besides it.

JulianImp

Also, I forgot to say earlier that it's better if your Muk has Poison Touch. Stench is ok, but it'll only work if your opponent is slower than you or goes after you. Otherwise, like Sticky Hold, it's practically useless.

Would an Ability Capsule allow me to get Muk's HA? If it can't, then that'd mean both Pain Split and Focus Punch would be incompatible moves with its HA, since HAs first appeared in Gen 5, but Pain Split can only be move tutored in Gen 4. Besides, breeding a good Grimer in Gen 4 would take a really long while now that I've migrated my decent Muk to Gen 6, and I don't have a good enough team to grind enough BP to teach it Pain Split.

MicH

Would an Ability Capsule allow me to get Muk's HA? If it can't, then that'd mean both Pain Split and Focus Punch would be incompatible moves with its HA, since HAs first appeared in Gen 5, but Pain Split can only be move tutored in Gen 4. Besides, breeding a good Grimer in Gen 4 would take a really long while now that I've migrated my decent Muk to Gen 6, and I don't have a good enough team to grind enough BP to teach it Pain Split.
Nope

Top Bottom