• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Muku

Man, those shiny legendaries are so awesome. Have to admit they've done a really great job this generation. Zygarde... I'd actually be tempted to use that one. Current one is puke ugly.

CrimsonN0

Pretty close battle against a mono-Ghost team(guess I should be glad Shedinja Auto-dies to Stealth Rock):
KQ9G-WWWW-WWW5-N9D8

Also, could someone help me trade evolve some pokemon?
Scizor
Politoed
Escavalier(other person needs a Shelmet)

macklelol

Pretty close battle against a mono-Ghost team:
KQ9G-WWWW-WWW5-N9D8

Also, could someone help me trade evolve some pokemon?
Scizor
Politoed
Escavalier(other person needs a Shelmet)

I'll help you evolve them, just give me a minute or two to get a Shelmet.

Meh, more like 10 minutes to find a damn Shelmet, haha

Man, those shiny legendaries are so awesome. Have to admit they've done a really great job this generation. Zygarde... I'd actually be tempted to use that one. Current one is puke ugly.
Zygarde is the best shiny of the three. Would be hilarious if people cloned and Wonder Traded them.

BTW, do you still need Baltoy/Claydol and/or Glameow/Purugly?

Muku

Zygarde is the best shiny of the three. Would be hilarious if people cloned and Wonder Traded them.

BTW, do you still need Baltoy/Claydol and/or Glameow/Purugly?

It is the best. But doubt you'd be able to Wonder Trade them if they came out as event Pokemon.. since well you can't WT event Pokemon. :(

Sorry, I sent a PM earlier before posting in here but you may not have gotten them. I still need them!

Edit: Picked up this months CoroCoro because I can't say no to extra Pokemon stuff inside, even if it is only a 3D thing. Plus like being able to look at the legendary on paper. Still think it'd be better with some kind of legs. The rock thing just isn't doing it for me.

Also, have 2 blue Shellos still if anyone wants as well as one Keldeo. This thing is haunting my box.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Double post but I need to hit the move deleter up real quick before we do the other one, didn't know HMs couldnt be traded.

MegaMelon

Anyone else here also completed a living pokedex? That feeling when you start up a game and have a full pokedex within 10 minutes

Anyone else here also completed a living pokedex? That feeling when you start up a game and have a full pokedex within 10 minutes

I'm at 715/718. I'm working on Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee and Togekiss.

I still need to know if I should level my Togetic to 50 before evolving it. Don't want to miss any prior-evolution-exclusive moves.

JoeM86

UK Trainers!

Calling all Pokémon players! The search for the best Pokémon X and Pokémon Y videogame experts in the country is on – as the Nintendo Pokémon XPokémon Yis announced. As well as a quest to find some of the best Pokémon Trainers, Nintendo is also on the hunt for any new Pokémon players who want to test their skills as the ultimate Pokémon teams.

The qualifying events kicking off on March 1st at selected GAME stores and shopping centres across Great Britain, will then lead to a Grand Final taking place in London in April. The two top placing Trainers from the ‘Ultimate Pokémon Expert’ and ‘Junior Expert’ age categories at the Grand Final will then be offered fast track entry to the Pokémon UK Video Game Championships event this coming Spring, meaning they skip straight to the second round.

Qualifying regional events will start at the Birmingham Bullring and at GAME Brighton on March 1st. Pokémon fans of all experience levels can battle, enjoy StreetPass with other attendees and prove their prowess on Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, available now on the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.

The four titles up for grabs include:

• Ultimate Pokémon Expert - The winner of the prestigious “Ultimate Pokémon Expert” title – a category open to those aged thirteen years or older - will earn themselves a week-long trip for two to Japan, the birthplace of Pokémon. They’ll be able to immerse themselves in the Pokémon world by visiting the Pokémon Center and also explore all of the sights of Tokyo. Recommended for seasoned Pokémon players the “Ultimate Pokémon Expert” title will test your Pokémon skills to the limit. The first and second place winners in the Ultimate Pokémon Expert category will receive fast track entry to the second round of the official Play! Pokémon UK VGC event this Spring.

• Junior Expert - Younger Pokémon Trainers (12 or under) itching to compete can enter the “Junior Expert” category. In this competition, a weekend trip for the whole family to Alton Towers hotel and theme park is up for grabs, for whoever comes out victorious. The first and second place winners in the Junior Expert age category will receive fast track entry to the second round of the UK Pokémon Video Game Championships event this Spring.

• Ultimate Team - The “Ultimate Team” competition is exclusively for two family members (one aged 16+ and one 12 or under) who want to team up and take on other families in a four-player Double Battle. Successful teams will have the chance to win a £250 Nintendo UK Online Store voucher and a group trip for four to one of the world’s best gaming shows: EGX London 2014. This event takes place in Earls Court London, from September 25th – 28th and offers visitors the chance to play the biggest games before they are released.

• Pokémon Apprentice - New enthusiasts can enter the “Pokémon Apprentice” title; where complete newcomers to Pokémon X and Pokémon Y can battle it out to receive a mega bundle of Nintendo 3DS games up to the value of £300.

The winners of each category will be crowned at the Grand Final in London on 26th April.
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2014...Tournament-2014-begins-this-March-857568.html

Registration: https://microsite.nintendo-europe.com/pokemontournament/

~Your friendly neighbourhood Serebii

Muku

Naw. Living Dex is 702/718 at the moment though. Getting so stoked! National Dex in game only missing 10 now. Guess I've come across some along the way. Though didn't have space to store Pokes for living Dex while breeding like I was.

Almost there... then I can go back to breeding.

717/718!!! All that's left to do is touch this Shiny Stone to my Togetic. I feel it's fitting the Shiny Stone will earn me the Shiny Charm.

Naw. Living Dex is 702/718 at the moment though. Getting so stoked! National Dex in game only missing 10 now. Guess I've come across some along the way. Though didn't have space to store Pokes for living Dex while breeding like I was.

Almost there... then I can go back to breeding.

I have your Baltoy and Glameow ready.

Muku

717/718!!! All that's left to do is touch this Shiny Stone to my Togetic. I feel it's fitting the Shiny Stone will earn me the Shiny Charm.

I have your Baltoy and Glameow ready.

Awesome, I'll hop on now if you're still available.

Actually while leveling my handful of Pokemon that need leveling up, I'll be online in case you jump on.

Hindl

Hey sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I have some questions about breeding. I want an eevee with Wish and Baton Pass to go into a Vaporeon as a support
(full set:
Wish
Acid Armor
Scald
Baton Pass
)

Now Wish is easy, I think someone else mentioned it. Get Illumise to learn Wish, fight a Smeargle and get it to sketch it then catch the smeargle. But Eevee learns Baton Pass at 33, and I don't wanna wait till then to evolve into Vaporeon. If I have a female Eevee with Baton Pass and male Smeargle with Wish, will they both Baton Pass and Wish? Or if I get Smeargle to sketch both of them and breed, will that pass down?

Any help is appreciated

OceanBlue

Hey sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I have some questions about breeding. I want an eevee with Wish and Baton Pass to go into a Vaporeon as a support
(full set:
Wish
Acid Armor
Scald
Baton Pass
)

Now Wish is easy, I think someone else mentioned it. Get Illumise to learn Wish, fight a Smeargle and get it to sketch it then catch the smeargle. But Eevee learns Baton Pass at 33, and I don't wanna wait till then to evolve into Vaporeon. If I have a female Eevee with Baton Pass and male Smeargle with Wish, will they both Baton Pass and Wish? Or if I get Smeargle to sketch both of them and breed, will that pass down?

Any help is appreciated

I don't think Baton Pass is an egg move, so you can't pass Baton Pass down to Eevee. You'll have to evolve it at 33.

(Pre-evolution only moves suck!)

What about both parents having a move the child can learn? In that case both the Eevee and Smeagle would having baton pass would result in the child having baton pass.

Perosnally I'd just wait for level 33 Eevee and use the move reminder for acid armour (go steal some Luvdics Heart scales or use your pokemiles on PGL).

Hindl

I don't think Baton Pass is an egg move, so you can't pass Baton Pass down to Eevee. You'll have to evolve it at 33.

(Pre-evolution only moves suck!)

What about both parents having a move the child can learn? In that case both the Eevee and Smeagle would having baton pass would result in the child having baton pass.

Perosnally I'd just wait for level 33 Eevee and use the move reminder for acid armour (go steal some Luvdics Heart scales or use your pokemiles on PGL).

Damn that's rough oh well thanks for the replies. Another question. I kept going back and forth on Sylveon v Vaporeon as a Wish passer, and realized I wanted both. Vaporeon as my wall and Sylveon as an Offensive CM user. Something like

Calm Mind
Moonblast
Shadow Ball/Psyshock
???

That last one is the problem. Any thoughts on what to put there? Reflect to boost its defenses? Baton Pass to pass along CM? Secondary Wish user to Vaporeon? Or some other coverage move?

JulianImp

Alright, I've finished EV training Tangela! I also leveled it up to 50 before letting it evolve so that it'd learn power whip faster. It seems I messed up my counting and the EV spread isn't exactly the one I wanted, but it appears to be off by one effective stat point or so, so I won't bother resetting the EVs to reassign them. The only thing I don't like is that I'll have to use a heart scale to relearn the fourth move... could I have replaced ancientpower with power whip as Tangela leveled up and still have it evolve into Tangrowth?

Now I'm breeding Yamasks with toxic spikes. One of the (male) offspring had a +SpDef -Atk nature, so I'm now breeding that with my original Yamask. Once I get a female one with that nature, I'll leave it with my god Ditto and keep iterating this until I get one with the right IVs (31/xx/31/31/31/xx would probably be good enough).

I love how much they streamlined breeding, EV training and getting the IVs you want this generation. :D

Korosenai

I wish my opponent from the Nugget Bridge tourney would get online. On the 18th, he said he would have time to play on the 19th, but he hasnt been online since he sent that message.

I've always wanted to get into doubles battles, but don't know what I'd have to do to build a decent team. Got any tips?
Im still kind of new to it myself, so im not sure how much I can help you. Just start out with a team of Pokemon you like and go from there, which is basically what I did and its working pretty good for me so far. Also, make sure your Pokemon have protect, its pretty much a doubles staple. Good coverage moves that attack both of the other teams Pokemon at once helps as well (moves like earthquake, rock slide, heatwave, etc.).

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I've always wanted to get into double battles, but don't know what I'd have to do to build a decent team. Got any tips?

Be ready to deal with weather, that's been my strategy and it's worked so far. Other than that use what you like and make them fit.

Dandalf

Neo Member
1,125 eggs into this Noibat Masuda Method hunt and nothing to show for it yet.

I even have the Shiny Charm to boot!

That'll teach me to assume MM shinies will be easy after getting two shiny Flethclings in 431 total eggs. C'mon Noibat - be teal already!

Chopper

That'll teach me to assume MM shinies will be easy after getting two shiny Flethclings in 431 total eggs. C'mon Noibat - be teal already!
Have you got a setup planned for your Noibat?

Kirlia

Banned

Damn! Sorry to hear that, dude. I hope it shows up soon.

Korosenai

I think today i've finally come to the realization that Mega Pinsir just isn't that good competitively for VGC.... feeling kind of sad now. Need to find a replacement mega for him..... RIP Spencer.

RoySFNR

Finally bred the longest egg chain in the game in Switcheroo Klefki.
Not sure if it will be too useful on Battlespot but it has served me decently on battle simulators. I have a few breeding rejects left for anyone who wants one and doesn't want to go through Hypno > Cacnea > Cottonee > Snorunt > Klefki.

That said, I'm having a worse time with Lucario because replacing the Day Care 'mon is such a hassle. Anyone with a decent IV Lucario around that I could borrow for a bit?

Top Bottom