• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

KiraFA37

Yeah, XL is definitely the way to go. I can't play on the OG one anymore!

And yes, the Zelda XL one is the best :D

XL has destroyed my capability to hold any small device. I can't even imagine what playing on an OG one would be like. Even the Vita with its beautiful OLED screen feels small.

Zelda can't beat my Fire Emblem Awakening XL :p, it is blue, like my first pokemon game.

El_Chino

XL has destroyed my capability to hold any small device. I can't even imagine what playing on an OG one would be like. Even the Vita with its beautiful OLED screen feels small.

Zelda can't beat my Fire Emblem Awakening XL :p, it is blue, like my first pokemon game.
My Mario's bros one ain't that bad either :p

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
hatched it couple days ago

y4S2fqz.jpg

soo happy
6 IVs , protean , timid
name it Black * Star
i was hoping i can type the star symbol ★ , because i think it was available in black 2 and white 2

Man, so bad ass. Congrats for the patience!

Haha, I think if I ever hatch a perfect shiny, I'd be too scared to train it! I'd be so tempted to leave it my box as a trophy for nobody to see. >_<

RoySFNR

What's the advantage for Bullet Punch?

I disagree with the other posters on this.

Lucario already hits rock and ice for super effective damage with its fighting stab. A lot of pokemon you'd need priority for resist steel which can be quite a pain. In turn, beating out other priority moves is a gods gift since Lucario really dislikes taking a mach punch or a flying attack from Talonflame. Not hitting the fairy type super effectively is a minor issue since the prime fairy type (Azumarril) is hit for the same damage because of the water typing.

The only problem with running E-speed along EQ and CC is the fact that you don't have anything to hit levitating ghosts such as Gengar with. You should review your team and see which of these two kinds of threats you struggle the most with to make the correct decision.

TrueBlue

M Lucario's ability allows STAB moves to increase by 2x instead of 1.5x, essentially making Bullet Punch as powerful as Extremespeed. The latter has higher priority, but Steel is better for coverage.

Mega Lucario has Adaptability, which increases STAB from 1.5x to 2x. That means, Bullet Punch is as strong as ExtremeSpeed. However it is more versatile since it's SE against fairies, rock, and ice Pokemon.

Lucario already hits rock and ice for super effective damage with its fighting stab. A lot of pokemon you'd need priority for resist steel which can be quite a pain. In turn, beating out other priority moves is a gods gift since Lucario really dislikes taking a mach punch or a flying attack from Talonflame. Not hitting the fairy type super effectively is a minor issue since the prime fairy type (Azumarril) is hit for the same damage because of the water typing.

The only problem with running E-speed along EQ and CC is the fact that you don't have anything to hit levitating ghosts such as Gengar with. You should review your team and see which of these two kinds of threats you struggle the most with to make the correct decision.

Gotcha, thanks to you all.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Looking for some full Friend Safaris if anyone wants to add me. I'm also curious as to what type I have. Just beat the game today lol

I disagree with your disagreement.

AFAIK, there aren't many Mach Punch users that are faster than Lucario, let alone M Luke. With Extremespeed being strong against no type, its only really god for picking of weak mons. It isn't going to do any meaningful damage at full health, and Mach Punchers/Talonflame will come back to OHKO it. There are also many other Fairy types in use besides Azumaril, namely Xerneas or Togekiss. BP will 1 or 2HKO any steel weak fairy types trying to switch in on you.

Looking for some full Friend Safaris if anyone wants to add me. I'm also curious as to what type I have. Just beat the game today lol
I'll check you. My fc is 0645 5824 5228

I'm also open to any battles.

JulianImp

I keep getting blown out by GAFfers... I guess my team having no cohesive strategy behind it yet is a real drag against teams such as yours, and I was totally helpless from start to finish.

However, could it be that you were using Leftovers on more than one pokémon? I think I read some lefties activations on both Mr. Mime and Sylveon.

Muku

Absolutely! Let me know if you'd like it customized (ball/gender/ability/nickname)

Compoundeyes
Pokeball or Premier Ball - either are okay
Nickname: Vivi

Ohhhh mannnn! Finally!! Ocean Vivi!

Look what I got!

Congrats!! I only use my OG 3DS now for cloning. No way I could go back to playing on it for real. I'd kill if region locking got nixed though. I so badly want to use my Charizard LL as my main 3DS.

L.O.R.D: Holy cow, that's amazing! And a badass name too! About time you finally got one to pop out that was Protean. And perfect to boot! Patience paid off. :)

JulianImp

I just accepted a battle from someone I thought was you, so you can battle Julian first. lol

Just because, I've added you as well. I won't get better at this by skulking in a corner after a loss anyway, after all!

Other people who want to battle, just add me and let me know. Please make the battle requests, since I don't know which rules to set in my JP copy of the game (I've learned a few more things from playing it, but menu navigation ain't one of them).

Anth0ny

I'm trying to transfer over some Pokemon from my Soul Silver via Pokemon Bank... does anyone have a list of the Pokemon that are unobtainable in Pokemon X?

It looks like some are missing from Serebii's list. Krabby, for example, is only available from Friend Safari. What exactly is Friend Safari? Apparently, It looks confusing and it might be easier to just transfer dudes over from SS (I completed the Pokedex in that game).

Trying to do this before the 30 day trial ends for Pokemon Bank lol

Muku

Ahh boring... and a blank spot? That's odd. You're supposed to beat the Elite Four for the third spot, right?

Correct. But also have been online at same time since you beat them for it to unlock for the other person.

I'm trying to transfer over some Pokemon from my Soul Silver via Pokemon Bank... does anyone have a list of the Pokemon that are unobtainable in Pokemon X?

It looks like some are missing from Serebii's list. Krabby, for example, is only available from Friend Safari. What exactly is Friend Safari? Apparently, It looks confusing and it might be easier to just transfer dudes over from SS (I completed the Pokedex in that game).

I remember quite a few being Transfer only and some being FS only. Friend Safari you have access to once you've beaten Elite 4. Go down to Kiloude City and you'll be able to go to your Friend's Safaris to catch Pokemon. More friends you have on your 3DS more FS you have access too. Even if they don't own game you can get 2 out of 3 slots filled.

Anyone wanna trade FC for the Safari? I got a fire safari with Fenekin, Ponyta, and something else I think. Really need some more FC friends because the few I have are all rock type lol.
2509-2163-1431

I keep getting blown out by GAFfers... I guess my team having no cohesive strategy behind it yet is a real drag against teams such as yours, and I was totally helpless from start to finish.

However, could it be that you were using Leftovers on more than one pokémon? I think I read some lefties activations on both Mr. Mime and Sylveon.

If it makes you feel better, I just got destroyed by that baton pass team too. :p

I was really dumb there. I actually had things to deal with it (Focus Energy Kingdra, Vivillon with Bug Buzz) but by the time I realized what was happening, it was too late.

Anth0ny

I remember quite a few being Transfer only and some being FS only. Friend Safari you have access to once you've beaten Elite 4. Go down to Kiloude City and you'll be able to go to your Friend's Safaris to catch Pokemon. More friends you have on your 3DS more FS you have access too. Even if they don't own game you can get 2 out of 3 slots filled.

I see. That sounds confusing, and I don't have any friends :p

I somehow managed to complete the Pokedex in SS without trading with people, either. I just own multiple DSs/GBAs and every Pokemon game, lol.

So is there a list of "Friend Safari only" Pokemon anywhere? I need to start breeding some Mons.

JulianImp

Friend safari is a post-game area which changes pokémon depending on the friends on your friend list. You choose one of them, and get a mini-safari zone with two or three pokémon of a specific type.

If you've got SS, then you'd better trade that to X/Y, since it's faster than beating the game to unlock the friend safari. That, or asking some GAFfers for a spare krabby.

Muku

I know transferring up is a pain. I'm sure some of us could help you get stuff that is too much of a pain to go back for. Stupid mini games between some of them drive me crazy.

It sounds confusing, but once you get it it's pretty easy to understand. :)

Anyone wanna trade FC for the Safari? I got a fire safari with Fenekin, Ponyta, and something else I think. Really need some more FC friends because the few I have are all rock type lol.
2509-2163-1431
You can add me too. My fc is up above and my safari is Psychic.

Serebii's list contain pokemon that are not possible to catch in game, which is why you see Torchic there. Krabby is in fact obtainable in game via friend safari.

The Friend Safari is like a small park containing different pokemon depending on who you have registered in your friends list. The the species and type of pokemon vary with each friend code you have( they don't even need to have XY!).

About the transferring though, you're free to use that method, but transferring between several gens might be a but of a slog.

Usobuko

Banned
I'm up for rematch, just wanna battle different people first.

You can add me too. My fc is up above and my safari is Psychic.

Serebii's list contain pokemon that are not possible to catch in game, which is why you see Torchic there. Krabby is in fact obtainable in game via friend safari.

The Friend Safari is like a small park containing different pokemon depending on who you have registered in your friends list. The the species and type of pokemon vary with each friend code you have( they don't even need to have XY!).

About the transferring though, you're free to use that method, but transferring between several gens might be a but of a slog.

do you wanna battle?

edit: send my fc through pm.

JulianImp

If it makes you feel better, I just got destroyed by that baton pass team too. :p

I was really dumb there. I actually had things to deal with it (Focus Energy Kingdra, Vivillon with Bug Buzz) but by the time I realized what was happening, it was too late.

That was a really nice match! Even though I didn't do too good, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. It's slightly close games like these that make me really excited, regardless of whether I win or lose. I was hoping I'd get flinch hax on that final Rock Slide, but alas, it wasn't meant to be.

Forretress performed way better than I had expected, which is quite a surprise since it has average IVs, coming from Gen 4. It also seems like Tangrowth has earned its spot as a mainstay of my team, as I just can't ignore the bulk it brings to the table, and the nice support moves it has. Still, I think I'll go back to using Quick Claw on it (I know, hax, but I think it'd be a lot better than Leftovers).

Top Bottom