• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Boogiepop

Done some primary research for my Steel Gym, there are 2-3 strategies that might work... More research is needed especially since it is 4.30AM here and this will be my first serious thought out team.

Any hints in how to deal with fire? Rock turns it into neutral damage but this increases my risk from fighting types, looks like Empoleon is the only viable way.

Yeah, Empoleon would definitely be good for that, and Ground and Rock type attacks can help whack back at the fire types that are definitely coming your way. Steel definitely has some good options, I'd imagine. Now rock... rock I'm going to have to think on how to best cover my weaknesses, haha!

spiritfox

Yeah, Empoleon would definitely be good for that, and Ground and Rock type attacks can help whack back at the fire types that are definitely coming your way. Steel definitely has some good options, I'd imagine. Now rock... rock I'm going to have to think on how to best cover my weaknesses, haha!

You have access to Storm Drain Cradlily, who's one of the best walls against water.

He's calling you a fraud. :3

What. Don't diss on the best regional flying bug in the game. :p

Muku

Alright finally got some cloning done I needed and got a couple of extra Ditto's cloned as well. Holler if you'd like one.

x1 JPN 6IV Ditto

Edit: Oh and also have a couple Charizardite Y spares if anyone is interested.

CrimsonN0

Crim, that lack of using Protect in that match was driving me crazy. Good game.

Yeah, I don't actually have Protect on too many of my pokemon even when I should.
I hardly ever want to give up an attack or set-up move for it.

Though, even besides that I think thats the first time I've ever seen someone use Feint.

WonderPup

Yeah, I don't actually have Protect on too many of my pokemon even when I should.
I hardly ever want to give up an attack or set-up move for it.

Though, even besides that I think thats the first time I've ever seen someone use Feint.

I lost at regionals in a top 16 match due to Feint, and I'm still pretty bitter about it. I mashed it into this team because of it. I don't really want to use Scizor, but I feel like he's the best user of it this year. Mienshao always feels too frail.

Korosenai

Man, just lost my match on Nugget Bridge 1-2. Final match I would have won, but all I had left was Dragonite that had been intimidated twice and was burned by a will o wisp vs. his Rotom-H. Of course right before my Pinsir dies, it misses a crucial Rock Slide....

Muku

Hatched my first ever shiny! A totodile. I could barely tell it was shiny at first.. I almost put it up on the GTS.

Congrats! :D That's why I check all my Pokemon before I release/trade. Some of them are so difficult to tell I run through them to see if they have the red star.

Fury Sense

Just did the whole Poke Bank thing. Took a while, but I got everything I needed from Diamond, SoulSilver, White, and White 2.

Looking at my options for completing the Pokedex, I see two major roadblocks: Mew & Deoxys. Apparently they go back to Gen III since I missed any event giveaways.

Should I just wait for Gen III remakes or might I have some luck on GTS?

Just did the whole Poke Bank thing. Took a while, but I got everything I needed from Diamond, SoulSilver, White, and White 2.

Looking at my options for completing the Pokedex, I see two major roadblocks: Mew & Deoxys. Apparently they go back to Gen III since I missed any event giveaways.

I have a spare Deoxys you can have.

Muku

You can't get event Pokemon from GTS. You can ask for them like by sticking up a Latias and asking for a Mew, but it'll never happen. Because folks who actually have them can't trade them. They're given the message they can't trade that special Pokemon.

Kirlia

Banned

I'm sure someone here has a spare Mew, but keep in mind: special (i.e. Genesect, Jirachi, Shaymin, etc) Pokemon can't be traded over GTS. No, not even the ones that don't have special ribbons.

Muku

Muku, Vivi is ready to meet you :)

Awesome!! I'm online. Been running around breeding. Screw this Porygon. It's pissing me off. Come out purple and pink damn you!

Edit: Thank you for the good juju.. and thank you for Vivi!!! Going to be the prettiest Vivillon there ever was.

Edit2: OMG you and you made it a perfect little bug. With even the perfect IVs it needs. You rock!

Fury Sense

I have a spare Deoxys you can have.
Oh no way! I'd love that! Anything you want in return? I have some good pokemon :)
You can't get event Pokemon from GTS. You can ask for them like by sticking up a Latias and asking for a Mew, but it'll never happen. Because folks who actually have them can't trade them. They're given the message they can't trade that special Pokemon.
Interesting. Thanks for the info
I'm sure someone here has a spare Mew, but keep in mind: special (i.e. Genesect, Jirachi, Shaymin, etc) Pokemon can't be traded over GTS. No, not even the ones that don't have special ribbons.
Damn, I forgot about Jirachi and Shaymin. Those are pretty obscure too

Muku

Sending you good juju!

*need any o-power?

That juju you gave me helped me, but not in way I was wanting. LOL. Just had the stupidest thing happen to me. Put on O-Power Hatch 3. For some reason I'm stupid and go into grass on Route 7 just after using it. I was going to run.. but the encounter had the shiny sparkles. OMG! MY FIRST WILD SHINY POKEYMAN EVER!

Thank god it had the shiny animation. I couldn't tell on Flabebe whether it was shiny or not. Kept tossing Pokeballs only because of animation.

Oh no way! I'd love that! Anything you want in return? I have some good pokemon :)

Breeding rejects and egg moves are always cool, as are shiny Pokemon. I can clone too.

That juju you gave me helped me, but not in way I was wanting. LOL. Just had the stupidest thing happen to me. Put on O-Power Hatch 3. For some reason I'm stupid and go into grass on Route 7 just after using it. I was going to run.. but the encounter had the shiny sparkles. OMG! MY FIRST WILD SHINY POKEYMAN EVER!

Thank god it had the shiny animation. I couldn't tell on Flabebe whether it was shiny or not. Kept tossing Pokeballs only because of animation.

Hooray!!!! What color Flabebe? Clone it twice and turn one into Floette and one into Florges! Three shinies for the price of one! My little gold nugget is in good company with her twin sisters Graveler and Golem :D

Muku

Hooray!!!! What color Flabebe? Clone it twice and turn one into Floette and one into Florges! Three shinies for the price of one! My little gold nugget is in good company with her twin sisters Graveler and Golem :D

Yeah, thinking I may. I love shiny Florges. It's blue version so she'll be a beautiful Florges in Blue/Purple. Not gone to check IVs but doubt it's worth crap since I caught her outside daycare. But she'll be nice eye candy. :) I love her blue eyes though. I should come up with some good names for them.

I still think Geodude being gold is awesome. You come up with any good names for them?

Yeah, thinking I may. I love shiny Florges. It's blue version so she'll be a beautiful Florges in Blue/Purple. Not gone to check IVs but doubt it's worth crap since I caught her outside daycare. But she'll be nice eye candy. :) I love her blue eyes though. I should come up with some good names for them.

I still think Geodude being gold is awesome. You come up with any good names for them?

Wild shinies really are trophies. But I remember meeting every one of them, like children.

No nicknames yet. Last nickname I ever gave to a Graveler was "Rock Hard". Even I hate me.

Muku

Wild shinies really are trophies. But I remember meeting every one of them, like children.

No nicknames yet. Last nickname I ever gave to a Graveler was "Rock Hard". Even I hate me.

I was just thinking on catching her... "Fudge, out of all the Pokemon I wanted to be shiny in the wild first.. this is it?" Then I looked up what the shiny Florges looked like and threw away the papers to put her up for adoption. She'll be known as having been obtained because I had a moment of stupid. And she was the one light while Porygon continued to hate on me.

LOL oh wow. That poor Graveler...

Fury Sense

Breeding rejects and egg moves are always cool, as are shiny Pokemon. I can clone too.

Okay, I've added you. My code is 2578 3149 3873, ign Ray

Everything is in a premier ball except the Gligar who is unfortunately in a luxury ball

HaBCDS modest Eevee, m, run away
HABcDS impish Gligar, f, immunity (baton pass)
HaBCDS jolly Purrloin, m, prankster (encore)
HABcDS lonely Venonat, m, tinted lens (baton pass)
HABcDS quirky Paras, m, dry skin (leech seed)
Shiny Basculin
Shiny Relicanth

See anything you like?

Okay, I've added you. My code is 2578 3149 3873

Everything is in a premier ball except the Gligar who is unfortunately in a luxury ball

HaBCDS modest Eevee, m, run away
HABcDS impish Gligar, f, immunity (baton pass)
HaBCDS jolly Purrloin, m, prankster (encore)
HABcDS lonely Venonat, m, tinted lens (baton pass)
HABcDS quirky Paras, m, dry skin (leech seed)
Shiny Basculin
Shiny Relicanth

See anything you like?

I just noticed you need Mew, Shaymin and Jirachi too. I can give you all four. Would you allow me to clone the Basculin & Relicanth?

PS I'm in your Friend Safari now LOL

Fury Sense

I just noticed you need Mew, Shaymin and Jirachi too. I can give you all four. Would you allow me to clone the Basculin & Relicanth?

PS I'm in your Friend Safari now LOL
Yeah, I guess so... when did this whole cloning thing go mainstream? I haven't been around XYOT since the middle of the last thread. Not sure how I feel about it tbh

Top Bottom