• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

MicH

I might want to do a mono-Electric team because it's my favorite type. Something like Mega Manectric, Heliolisk, Zapdos, Eelektross and something else. Maybe Rotom-W or Galvantula. Would be pretty cool, I think!

Yeah, I guess so... when did this whole cloning thing go mainstream? I haven't been around XYOT since the middle of the last thread. Not sure how I feel about it tbh

No worries, forget the shiny cloning. I understand that sometimes they're special. I'll clone my shiny Gulpin, Piloswine and Conkeldurr all day long but my Geodude is mine. I like that I can return people's shiny Pokemon to them. When it's a special Pokemon for another reason like a 6IV JPN Ditto, that's a different animal. Some don't like cloning. I don't see anything wrong with it; I've been doing it since 1998. Back then we used Game Boy Colors and link cables. So forget I asked for your shiny fish, I'd still like you to have these event legends. PokeGAF was kind enough to help me fill out my missing Dex entries. Do you want Mew, Jirachi and Shaymin too? They're Japanese and probably clones. Deoxys is mine from White 2, but I cloned it a bunch so I can keep various forms at all times.

Would you be able to clone a 6 IV Ditto by any chance?

I'm afraid I don't have too special to offer in return (unless you like Eevee. I got tons of Eevee; Eevee for days).

Case in point, I actually just did for someone else. I can toss another in my next cloning batch. Do you have any HA Eevee? If not, anything is fine. I like to spread the love.

ReiGun

Case in point, I actually just did for someone else. I can toss another in my next cloning batch. Do you have any HA Eevee? If not, anything is fine. I like to spread the love.
Thanks! I have plenty of HA Eevee (I was busy last night lol). Don't know the IV's on all of them, but I'm pretty sure there are some 4IV ones in there.

Did you need a HA Eevee? If so have some 5IV ones.

I know I want to breed a complete bunch of female Eeveelutions to replace my wild-caught males, but I honestly have no idea where I wanna go with natures and abilities for each. My guys are all over the map, nothing special about any of them. Looks like I'll get one from ReiGun, but I truly appreciate the offer.

Muku

I know I want to breed a complete bunch of female Eeveelutions to replace my wild-caught males, but I honestly have no idea where I wanna go with natures and abilities for each. My guys are all over the map, nothing special about any of them. Looks like I'll get one from ReiGun, but I truly appreciate the offer.

It's okay, I think mine are all over the place too. I've had a hard time pinning down what I want each of my Eeveelutions to be. The shiny one I got needs to be redone because it's not really going to work for Sylveon or Umbreon and it's IVs don't match it's nature. So even if I gave you one couldn't guarantee it'd be a nature worth a damn. Kinda did Russian roulette with my last breeding session with Eevee, heh. :(

Thanks! I have plenty of HA Eevee (I was busy last night lol). Don't know the IV's on all of them, but I'm pretty sure there are some 4IV ones in there.

Gonna need your FC/IGN. Mine is 0860-3341-2782 and I'm "Drew" in-game.

It's okay, I think mine are all over the place too. I've had a hard time pinning down what I want each of my Eeveelutions to be. The shiny one I got needs to be redone because it's not really going to work for Sylveon or Umbreon and it's IVs don't match it's nature. So even if I gave you one couldn't guarantee it'd be a nature worth a damn. Kinda did Russian roulette with my last breeding session with Eevee, heh. :(

Now see, shiny Eevee would make me so happy, I'd explode. Spontaneously combust. Thanks to the wonders of cloning, shiny Eevee plus a trophy set of 8 shiny Eeveelutions? :O

Muku

Gonna need your FC/IGN. Mine is 0860-3341-2782 and I'm "Drew" in-game.

Now see, shiny Eevee would make me so happy, I'd explode. Spontaneously combust. Thanks to the wonders of cloning, shiny Eevee plus a trophy set of 8 shiny Eeveelutions? :O

Only Shiny Eeveelutions that I like are Umbreon and Sylveon. Though maybe I might for eye candy versions. Need to breed again to get viable natures/IVs for Umbreon and Sylveon though. Shiny Eevee is a little stinker.

Fury Sense

No worries, forget the shiny cloning. I understand that sometimes they're special. I'll clone my shiny Gulpin, Piloswine and Conkeldurr all day long but my Geodude is mine. I like that I can return people's shiny Pokemon to them. When it's a special Pokemon for another reason like a 6IV JPN Ditto, that's a different animal. Some don't like cloning. I don't see anything wrong with it; I've been doing it since 1998. Back then we used Game Boy Colors and link cables. So forget I asked for your shiny fish, I'd still like you to have these event legends. PokeGAF was kind enough to help me fill out my missing Dex entries. Do you want Mew, Jirachi and Shaymin too? They're Japanese and probably clones. Deoxys is mine from White 2, but I cloned it a bunch so I can keep various forms at all times.
I see. Thanks for the explanation and for understanding. My whole collection is still "strictly" legit, and I want to try to keep it that way for one reason or another. Maybe later I'll give in to temptation, but for now I'll see how much I can accomplish avoiding it.

But I'm still totally willing to trade my shinies, in fact, I also have a Politoed and Spinda that I didn't mention because I wanted to keep them. I'd be happy to let you clone them if I could get them back :) I don't really care about the Basculin, they are just reminders of how I failed to chain fish a shiny Dragonair

Muku

I tend to play my Pokemon offensively. But I know some Pokemon are better used as tanks and all. If I were to use Umbreon for intended use, from what I've seen as a tanky type, what is best nature for him? I tend to see Bold mentioned, but have seen a couple others thrown out there.

Also, where does Sylveon stand in all this? I know when I originally looked into it there was a lot of speculation and people guessing what it should be, but has anything come out of it's best nature? What is it's role?

I see. Thanks for the explanation and for understanding. My whole collection is still "strictly" legit, and I want to try to keep it that way for one reason or another. Maybe later I'll give in to temptation, but for now I'll see how much I can accomplish avoiding it.

But I'm still totally willing to trade my shinies, in fact, I also have a Politoed and Spinda that I didn't mention because I wanted to keep them. I'd be happy to let you clone them if I could get them back :) I don't really care about the Basculin, they are just reminders of how I failed to chain fish a shiny Dragonair

I can appreciate that. But yeah, I gave up on "legit" a while ago. Many of my legendaries are from GTS and there's just no way to tell if they were RNG'd, hacked/created on a website, or cloned. If stupid Nintendo would speed up legendary distributions, it would be a different story. But I can't wait around every day for them to give away Shaymin, Jirachi, Manaphy, Cresselia, Heatran.... the list goes on. Sure, I can get some of them from going back to old games but I'm honestly spoiled by X/Y and don't want to play Pearl/B/W/B2/W2.

Like I said, Geodude is my special horde encounter prize, and shinies I've cloned for/from other people are reminders of nice things I did for them. I don't clone and give those out without permission.

Boogiepop

Also you get Sneaky Pebbles EVERYWHERE.

Yup. Man, trying to decide on how to build a monotype team is weird though. I've never really thought about how many Rock/Water type Pokemon there are before! And I'm also kind of grumpy that Terrakion has to be both the only Rock/Fighting and a legendary, so I guess no Fighting type for me. And the possibility of a Fire type is kind of dicey because it's just Magcargo. I have much to consider!

CrimsonN0

Yup. Man, trying to decide on how to build a monotype team is weird though. I've never really thought about how many Rock/Water type Pokemon there are before! And I'm also kind of grumpy that Terrakion has to be both the only Rock/Fighting and a legendary, so I guess no Fighting type for me. And the possibility of a Fire type is kind of dicey because it's just Magcargo. I have much to consider!

Mabye go for a TrickStorm team: Trick Room and Sandstorm. Carbink and Tyranitar.

Fury Sense

I can appreciate that. But yeah, I gave up on "legit" a while ago. Many of my legendaries are from GTS and there's just no way to tell if they were RNG'd, hacked/created on a website, or cloned. If stupid Nintendo would speed up legendary distributions, it would be a different story. But I can't wait around every day for them to give away Shaymin, Jirachi, Manaphy, Cresselia, Heatran.... the list goes on. Sure, I can get some of them from going back to old games but I'm honestly spoiled by X/Y and don't want to play Pearl/B/W/B2/W2.

Like I said, Geodude is my special horde encounter prize, and shinies I've cloned for/from other people are reminders of nice things I did for them. I don't clone and give those out without permission.
I know what you mean. I had to suffer a bit of D/SS/W/W2 today as I did my pokebank stuff. The PC is soooo improved in XY. Thank goodness for Cassius because Amanita and Bebe just aren't viable in today's modern pokeworld.

Don't give me anything this time, but still you can have something to clone if you want :)

Kirlia

Banned
Yay, shiny Furfrou finally appeared! Took about 250 eggs, but I'm happy to have him now. :)

EDIT: AND he's close to perfect in IVs, too, with 31/31/31/xx/31/31. I will treasure this dude.

Muku

Yay, shiny Furfrou finally appeared! Took about 250 eggs, but I'm happy to have him now. :)

Congrats! Shiny Furfrou is only way to go with Furfrou. Though am curious, with it's cuts are they the same, except for the white fur coat which would obviously be black as shiny?

MicH

EDIT: AND he's close to perfect in IVs, too, with 31/31/31/xx/31/31. I will treasure this dude.
Woah, that is awesome! Congrats! Shiny Furfrou looks amazing (I caught a wild one) and yours is pretty much perfect! Real nice!

Kirlia

Banned
Congrats! Shiny Furfrou is only way to go with Furfrou. Though am curious, with it's cuts are they the same, except for the white fur coat which would obviously be black as shiny?

Its fur remains black no matter what cut it has, I think.

I know what you mean. I had to suffer a bit of D/SS/W/W2 today as I did my pokebank stuff. The PC is soooo improved in XY. Thank goodness for Cassius because Amanita and Bebe just aren't viable in today's modern pokeworld.

Don't give me anything this time, but still you can have something to clone if you want :)

I just went to PokeTransporter and pulled out my Deoxys from Black2. Unlike the one from White2, this one has never been cloned. I'd like you to have it. I can clone my White2 one again for PokeBank "Living Dex" storage.

So happy! Wow, that black fur is slick!

Kirlia

Banned
Thanks, guys! I named him Benedict (yep, after the Sherlock actor). I'm done with shiny breeding for now, though; I think I'm going to try to breed 5IV versions of the TPP Pokemon (and catch Zapdos and name it "Battery Bird") before I deliberately try to breed for any other shinies.

Muku

Thanks, guys! I named him Benedict (yep, after the Sherlock actor). I'm done with shiny breeding for now, though; I think I'm going to try to breed 5IV versions of the TPP Pokemon (and catch Zapdos and name it "Battery Bird") before I deliberately try to breed for any other shinies.

That is a right fine name for him!

one_kill

I want Battle Maison rules but in a 6v6 format because I want to use the Forces of Nature :p

Since I'm flying, I have a pretty neat group of Pokemon to select from.

It's an amazing Pokemon with no weaknesses? :p
Oh :p

The Shaymin, Mew, and Jirachi I lent Nintendo Playstation to clone are legit. They're cloned, but a number of the old event Pokemon you get all have the same stats, nature, moves, etc. anyway.

spiritfox

Thank god, there are some gyms that would get swept way too easily if they had to stick to a single type.

I do like the challenge of sticking to a single type, even if it means a higher chance of getting swept. It's the fun of running monotyped teams! I guess we can make an allowance of 1 Pokemon at the leader's discretion, with some sort of consensus with the other leaders so you don't use a water type with a mono fire team, for example. Any more and it'll break the spirit of this thing.

Fury Sense

I just went to PokeTransporter and pulled out my Deoxys from Black2. Unlike the one from White2, this one has never been cloned. I'd like you to have it. I can clone my White2 one again for PokeBank "Living Dex" storage.
Alright, alright :D Thanks a ton
The Shaymin, Mew, and Jirachi I lent Nintendo Playstation to clone are legit. They're cloned, but a number of the old event Pokemon you get all have the same stats, nature, moves, etc. anyway.
Hm... well maybe I am patient enough for some new events... probably not, but at least patient enough to wait until I've collected the obtainable legendaries first.

Muku

Alright, alright :D Thanks a ton

Hm... well maybe I am patient enough for some new events... probably not, but at least patient enough to wait until I've collected the obtainable legendaries first.

Well, the one bonus is you don't have to collect the event Pokemon to finish the National Dex. I went ahead and did anyway on ones I missed because, well, ain't no telling when Nintendo will do it. And knowing my luck it'll be some stupid partnership with GameStop rather than doing it as a Wifi gift type deal. But I also figure if/when they do I'll replace the ones I have with the one I get.

Usobuko

Banned
I do like the challenge of sticking to a single type, even if it means a higher chance of getting swept. It's the fun of running monotyped teams! I guess we can make an allowance of 1 Pokemon at the leader's discretion, with some sort of consensus with the other leaders so you don't use a water type with a mono fire team, for example. Any more and it'll break the spirit of this thing.

This is just a suggestion, how about for that one exception, picking pokemon close to the colour scheme of your type? Say for example me picking an Arbok when I'm using a ghost team.

Is there something specific you want for it? I don't have any shinies, but I don't mind hunting something else for you.

Aww, I'm sorry. I have decided to keep it now that I find out how Pokerus really works.

Fury Sense

I love the whole gym leaders idea. Can leaders use dual-type pokemon, and will there be badges?

edit: whoa, shiny Piloswine looks awesome. Geodude too. And zorua! nice collection man

I love the whole gym leaders idea. Can leaders use dual-type pokemon, and will there be badges?

edit: whoa, shiny Piloswine looks awesome. Geodude too. And zorua! nice collection man

Thank you. I like yours as well! Grimer is too freakin' cool! Politoed too! Do you want me to clone Politoed and return it to you? I kept pulling Deoxys because I didn't really want/need you to trade me a shiny. I like that cloning allows Pokemon to stay completely legit, it's just manipulating GameFreak's backup save file system to your advantage.

Zorua came from/belongs to Muku

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I was talking about stuff like using Heliolisk on a water team, the sort of thing that would be keeping with the theme of the gym. Sure he's an electric type, but he does his best work on rain teams.

The make up of the dragon team will be interesting considering both Charizard and Ampharos get dragon typing when they go mega. Would those count as eligible even if they don't go mega?

I'm all for the challenge of making a mono-type team, but they shouldn't be easy to beat either. Maybe have the challengers lock in their teams before we start, so no one can build teams to specifically beat a gym.

Fury Sense

Thank you. I like yours as well! Grimer is too freakin' cool! Politoed too! Do you want me to clone Politoed and return it to you? I kept pulling Deoxys because I didn't really want/need you to trade me a shiny. I like that cloning allows Pokemon to stay completely legit, it's just manipulating GameFreak's backup save file system to your advantage.
Either way, I don't mind. Keep it, actually. I know you'll treat it well, and like you said, it'll be a nice reminder of our trade. They are relatively easy to catch too. And yeah, I skimmed a bit about the process, seems to work out nicely.

edit: by easy I mean predictable. chain fishing takes its toll haha

Usobuko

Banned
Maybe have the challengers lock in their teams before we start, so no one can build teams to specifically beat a gym.

Since everyone is free to choose the battle format of the gym, so it's going to be pretty hard for a single team to beat all of them. I won't mind though, I'll go with the consensus but I need to know the rules asap.

spiritfox

It would be a good idea to lock down the challenger's teams, or to allow a limited number of changes, before they challenge the gyms. If they want to overhaul their team, they'll have to start their challenge over.

Either way, I don't mind. Keep it, actually. I know you'll treat it well, and like you said, it'll be a nice reminder of our trade. They are relatively easy to catch too. And yeah, I skimmed a bit about the process, seems to work out nicely.

That's incredibly kind! Are you certain? If you'd like it, I would be pleased to share my shiny Geodude with you, my little "golden nugget" as Muku dubbed it. I was extremely lucky she didn't get knocked out by a Magnitude from her peers in that fateful horde battle. Acceptable the Politoed is in good company for sure.

Fury Sense

That's incredibly kind! Are you certain? If you'd like it, I would be pleased to share my shiny Geodude with you, my little "golden nugget" as Muku dubbed it. I was extremely lucky she didn't get knocked out by a Magnitude from her peers in that fateful horde battle. Acceptable the Politoed is in good company for sure.
I am wholly certain :)

Top Bottom