• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

SeZMehK

You'll be able to challenge us gym leaders using whichever team you choose, even though we're still debating whether we'll have some restrictions in place to make sure people can't, say, bring a team with six water pokémon on it to the fire gym.

This reminds me, we should probably do as in Pokémon Origins, and have some not-so-competitive teams in place for less experienced players. It'll probably take us longer to raise, but at least we won't be mass-hatching for perfect IVs, HAs and all that. It'd be the perfect place for me to use my shiny Venomoth in (<3) without it being ridiculed by way stronger pokémon.

Yeah, we're all monotype, or themed stuff, such as my bug-type gym possibly having bug-type Skorupi's evolution, Drapion, in my team, despite it dropping the bug type once it evolves. We'll all have to get creative with ways to waltz around our glaring type disadvantages, so it's going to be fun for us as well. :D

Team update: Nearly got my second team member, Larvesta, ready! My latest 4IV parent is being ravaged by god ditto as we speak, at least until I get a 31/xx/31/31/31/31 IV spread. Is it me, or does the Everstone also lock a pokémon's ability? I think all the scythers I've hatched previously have technician.

Oh does Gallade count as fairy? Since it drops the type when it evolves? :O

This reminds me, we should probably do as in Pokémon Origins, and have some not-so-competitive teams in place for less experienced players. It'll probably take us longer to raise, but at least we won't be mass-hatching for perfect IVs, HAs and all that. It'd be the perfect place for me to use my shiny Venomoth in (<3) without it being ridiculed by way stronger pokémon.
That would be really cool! The variable team thing was one aspect of gym battles that I hope is implemented in future games. It'd be a neat way to make the game world feel more open.

JulianImp

If El_Chino backs out, or we do some multiple leaders thing, I still want to do Fire with Battle Spot Doubles rules.

Maybe we could have a section for back up leaders in the doc or something like that?

Perhaps anyone else who wants to join a gym could play the role of regular gym trainers?

Kirlia

Banned
Been breeding homages to the TPP Pokemon. I have a spare Omanyte with 5 IVs (31/31/31/31/31/xx). Does anyone wish to take care of the little guy?

Kirlia

Banned
I'd love to become an official follower of the helix! It has indeed done great things for TPP.

Haha, all right. Do you want it to be named Lord Helix, or stay as Omanyte? I can't trade quite yet, but my FC is in my profile and my IGN is Aimee. I'll add you and trade with you in a little under an hour. I don't really want anything in return, but if you have any rad breeding rejects, that would be cool.

spiritfox

The general consensus is no legendaries right?

Official VGC rules I guess, unless the leaders have their own preference or want to use Smogon rules.

Also, we can play handicaps if the challenger requests it, which can help those less competitively minded.

SeZMehK

Lol I still haven't worked on my team. Still trying for my shiny espurr. :/
I need to think up a name for my badge. I got a corny tag line already though:

This fairy tale doesn't end well.

Aggrotek

That'd be boring. Apart from a few legendaries, I want to be able to use any Pokemon I want so long as they fit my gym's theme.

It means you can't have move tutor moves, and pokebank legends. Everything else is fair game. As long as you breed it in Kalos.

Wichu

Keep in mind that if we go Kalos-bred only, then the only usable legendaries will be Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres (and Zygarde under Smogon rules).

El_Chino

If El_Chino backs out, or we do some multiple leaders thing, I still want to do Fire with Battle Spot Doubles rules.

Maybe we could have a section for back up leaders in the doc or something like that?
I'm still in it! Just training up my fire team but I have no problem with multiple leaders.

When is this all going down?

JulianImp

Let me see... perhaps we could use hoshinet (irc.hoshinet.org)?

I've created a room, but won't be able to stay online 24/7, so the admin will probably end up being whoever re-opens it each time it empties. PM me for the name and password, and make sure that you're on the google doc, since I'll be cross-referencing that to know who should know the room name. >_>

Wichu

Let me see... perhaps we could use hoshinet (irc.hoshinet.org)?

I've created a room, but won't be able to stay online 24/7, so the admin will probably end up being whoever re-opens it each time it empties. PM me for the name and password.

It would be more convenient to use Rizon, since #pokegaf is already on that server.

Fury Sense

Could you guys pick a hard date for gym openings? I think a deadline could help organization as well as build some excitement. I'm gonna take all your badges

Boogiepop

Well, it looks like the doc is at least mostly filled out now, so that's good. Now if we could just get the last few people in there, we can figure out what we can do for the other people who want to participate. And then we just need to firm up the rules a little so we're all clear on what we're doing. But it looks like we're doing decent.

I guess we should probably get our badges and teams ready before launching the actual thread so people can challenge right away, though.

On that note, I'll ask again: anyone have a spare/cloned Tyranitarite I can have? Definitely want that option open for my Rock Gym. Also, I just noticed Mega Aggron loses its Rock type. Oh well, probably wasn't going to use it anyway, but that does suck a tad, haha!

Chopper

You need even Attack, Sp. Atk, and Speed, and odd everything else. It's not actually as hard as people make it out to be - if you have B/W/B2/W2, get my HP Fire Ditto from Pokécheck, and it's not much more difficult than breeding for quint-flawless.
This is a long time overdue, but thanks for this. I've just got round to downloading your Ditto, so am currently using it to partake in coitus with a perfect female Protean Froakie I knocked up earlier.

It's a real shame that you can't have HP Fire with perfect IVs in Sp Attack, and it makes checking for that Sp At stat that much more complicated, but I'm just gonna keep breeding for a shiny, and cross my fingers when I take it to Anistar.

spiritfox

Well, it looks like the doc is at least mostly filled out now, so that's good. Now if we could just get the last few people in there, we can figure out what we can do for the other people who want to participate. And then we just need to firm up the rules a little so we're all clear on what we're doing. But it looks like we're doing decent.

I guess we should probably get our badges and teams ready before launching the actual thread so people can challenge right away, though.

On that note, I'll ask again: anyone have a spare/cloned Tyranitarite I can have? Definitely want that option open for my Rock Gym. Also, I just noticed Mega Aggron loses its Rock type. Oh well, probably wasn't going to use it anyway, but that does suck a tad, haha!

MAggron should be ok to use, since it's close to your type anyway.

Also seconding a link to the irc.

Top Bottom