• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

one_kill

I'll take the Flying Gym if you¨re out, one_kill :eek:

Flying type has a lot of cool Pokemon, even dragons!
Yeah that's cool dude.

I made a team and several substitute Pokemon, but I wasn't feeling it when I was using them.

But yeah, lots of cool Pokemon. Just make sure you ban Stealth Rock since it won't be fair lol

MicH

Yeah that's cool dude.

I made a team and several substitute Pokemon, but I wasn't feeling it when I was using them.

But yeah, lots of cool Pokemon. Just make sure you ban Stealth Rock since it won't be fair lol
Oh yeah, damn Stealth Rocks. I may try to avoid that somehow. Thanks! We can use legendaries in these, right? As in the bird and genie trios?

A question to who may be able to answer:

Can I use Scizor (since Scyther is party Flying) and megas that aren't part flying anymore (Gyarados and Charizard X)

Wichu

I don't think this is a good idea. That's like saying I should ban Earthquake for my Poison gym.

Sure, Stealth Rock is stronger against Flying-types, but there are plenty of Flying-types that aren't weak to Stealth Rock - in addition, Flying-types have their own way to deal with it (and Light Screen/Reflect/Safeguard) in Defog.

Alternatively, just play Doubles where Stealth Rock is virtually non-existent ;)

EDIT: Consensus seems to be that you can use some creative liberty with the definition of Flying-type. I'd be cautious with Scizor, since its entire flavour is that Scyther's wings are no longer used for flight, but stuff like Mega Charizard X or Venomoth would be fair game (since they can clearly fly).

KiraFA37

Oh yeah, damn Stealth Rocks. I may try to avoid that somehow. Thanks! We can use legendaries in these, right? As in the bird and genie trios?

A question to who may be able to answer:

Can I use Scizor (since Scyther is party Flying) and megas that aren't part flying anymore (Gyarados and Charizard X)

I think we are still discussing the rules somewhat. Come on guys lets get this show on the road.

MicH

I don't think this is a good idea. That's like saying I should ban Earthquake for my Poison gym.

Sure, Stealth Rock is stronger against Flying-types, but there are plenty of Flying-types that aren't weak to Stealth Rock - in addition, Flying-types have their own way to deal with it (and Light Screen/Reflect/Safeguard) in Defog.

Alternatively, just play Doubles where Stealth Rock is virtually non-existent ;)

EDIT: Consensus seems to be that you can use some creative liberty with the definition of Flying-type. I'd be cautious with Scizor, since its entire flavour is that Scyther's wings are no longer used for flight, but stuff like Mega Charizard X or Venomoth would be fair game (since they can clearly fly).
Yeah, banning Stalth Rock is not really an option especially since there are a lot of Pokemon that sort of negate the weakness.

I guess the Scizor thing makes sense. Defog would've been nice, but I suppose there are many other options as well. Thanks!

Yeah, banning Stalth Rock is not really an option especially since there are a lot of Pokemon that sort of negate the weakness.

I guess the Scizor thing makes sense. Defog would've been nice, but I suppose there are many other options as well. Thanks!

Mandibuzz and Skarmory are great flying type Defoggers.

Edit: and Crobat

Quest1

Okay, just saw the Google Doc and added my details.

Did we settle on any rules or anything? I've been out of the loop. I kinda dont want to do the bred in Kalos thing, seeing as how most of my stuff is from Gen 5 and I really want to use Latios.

Let me know

Okay, just saw the Google Doc and added my details.

Did we settle on any rules or anything? I've been out of the loop. I kinda dont want to do the bred in Kalos thing, seeing as how most of my stuff is from Gen 5 and I really want to use Latios.

Let me know
Seems we're doing a poll.

I can just breed your team for you if needed, yo.

Kirlia

Banned
Through some kind of breeding miracle, I got shiny Chespin. Doesn't have its HA, but it DOES have perfect IVs (31/31/31/xx/31/31) and a Careful nature. Got him in a surprisingly low 50 eggs.

Even so, I have quite a few 5IV Perfect Bulletproof Chespin (and one female 4IV Bulletproof Chespin) for trade. Let me know if you want one.

I'm trying for shiny Honedge now. We'll see how that one goes.

Nuklear

Banned
I bought this last week and I'm playing through the story and man Gogoat seems like the most badass Pokemon ever. Whenever I get into trouble I switch him in and he just owns.

Chopper

Quick question: Do shinies sparkle when they hatch from eggs?

I'm in too deep with this Froakie breeding to quit before I get a shiny. I've been breeding for HP Fire, and so far have 3, all Protean. Not bad, but I can't stop now til I get dat shiny. I know that when it happens, it won't have HP Fire though. :/

Kirlia

Banned

I'm in too deep with this Froakie breeding to quit before I get a shiny. I've been breeding for HP Fire, and so far have 3, all Protean. Not bad, but I can't stop now til I get dat shiny. I know that when it happens, it won't have HP Fire though. :/

They do not, unfortunately. But you can always check it after it hatches to see if the red star on the status screen is there.

Muku

I really, really, really wish they did. Fortunately the very first one I hatched was actually enough of a change (Fennekin) to know that I'd just hatched a shiny. For something like Froakie though, I had to check all my Froakies afterwards. :/ When hatching though, always check afterward anyway, just in case.

I have one for you, Iron Fist with Fire Punch, Thunder Punch and Focus Punch

That would be fantastic!

Kirlia

Banned
Seriously, dudes, I have 5IV Bulletproof Chespin babies (and a 4IV Bulletproof female Chespin) that want to have rad new trainers! Let me know if you want one before I Wonder Trade them into oblivion.

Muku

Seriously, dudes, I have 5IV Bulletproof Chespin babies (and a 4IV Bulletproof female Chespin) that want to have rad new trainers! Let me know if you want one before I Wonder Trade them into oblivion.

Ooh I would like one!! Anything you're looking for one?

Muku

Not in particular. Any breeding rejects with good moves would work well. Let me know what you have so I can choose a name.

6IVs: Ponyta (some with HA)
5IVs: Ponyta (some with HA), Zorua, Eevee (some with HA), Charmander (some with HA), Froakie (some with HA), Porygon, Larvitar, Dratini, Feebas, Mareep, Torchic (some with HA)

Kirlia

Banned
6IVs: Ponyta (some with HA)
5IVs: Ponyta (some with HA), Zorua, Eevee (some with HA), Charmander (some with HA), Froakie (some with HA), Porygon, Larvitar, Dratini, Feebas, Mareep, Torchic (some with HA)

Haha, do you have any female Charmander? If so, name her Abby. If not, I'll take a Zorua.

Kirlia

Banned
Uh...wow. Shiny Honedge already. About 20 eggs? With 31/xx/31/31/31/31 and an Adamant nature. Hilariously joins my shiny Hawlucha (my first shiny Hawlucha) as having an identical IV spread despite being a physical attacker. I really might try to breed another and give the extra to whoever has been trying to breed for shiny Honedge.

Muku

Uh...wow. Shiny Honedge already. About 20 eggs? With 31/xx/31/31/31/31 and an Adamant nature. Hilariously joins my shiny Hawlucha (my first shiny Hawlucha) as having an identical IV spread despite being a physical attacker. I really might try to breed another and give the extra to whoever has been trying to breed for shiny Honedge.

Which do you pray to? The Dome or Helix? Because I need that kind of breeding luck these days.

Usobuko

Banned

Congrats :)

Kirlia

Banned
Which do you pray to? The Dome or Helix? Because I need that kind of breeding luck these days.

Uh, I like Old Amber the best. But yeah, if you need shiny Honedge, I think I'm going to try to breed a few hundred more and see what I get.

Muku

Uh, I like Old Amber the best. But yeah, if you need shiny Honedge, I think I'm going to try to breed a few hundred more and see what I get.

As much as I'd love a Shiny Honedge, I can't say I've bred any yet. I'm sure there is someone out there who has been at it that would love it. My problem these days is Porygon is just being a jerk.

You have the shiny charm already, correct?

Kirlia

Banned
As much as I'd love a Shiny Honedge, I can't say I've bred any yet. I'm sure there is someone out there who has been at it that would love it. My problem these days is Porygon is just being a jerk.

You have the shiny charm already, correct?

I do! And yeah, I swear someone in this thread is breeding for one.

Muku

I know there was speculation on whether shiny charm worked with breeding. Has anything more definitive come out on that?

Wichu

I know there was speculation on whether shiny charm worked with breeding. Has anything more definitive come out on that?

Yup. Using data from over 100,000 eggs, it seems the shiny chance with Masuda method and Shiny Charm is ~1/450, so quite an improvement :)

Muku

Yup. Using data from over 100,000 eggs, it seems the shiny chance with Masuda method and Shiny Charm is ~1/450, so quite an improvement :)

Cool, thank ya. Now to reach that milestone post shiny charm. Know I'm not up there yet but heading quickly up that ladder. Though my luck with wild Pokemon being shiny has been better.

Edit: Heh, got a female Charmeleon named Cordelia and a female Sliggoo named Swish Swosh. Both are entertaining to me for some reason.

SeZMehK

hKdWdPt.jpg
I just hatched this baby.
31/31/11/31/31/31

I'm happy, I hatched 825 eggs.

Kirlia

Banned
Think I'm going to stop Honedge breeding until I see the guy who has been breeding for one. Does anyone have a Spritzee with its Hidden Ability?

Top Bottom