• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

CrimsonN0

I think I missed something there. Why did Solarbeam have to charge? Had the Sun already faded?
It didn't?
The first time your Rotom Protected and Garchomp Dragon Clawed Victreebell.
The second time you switched out Rotom for Scizor and Garcomp killed my Victreebell.
I

WonderPup

It didn't?
The first time your Rotom Protected and Garchomp Dragon Clawed Victreebell.
The second time you switched out Rotom for Scizor and Garcomp killed my Victreebell.
I

Oh. Okay. I must not have been paying close enough attention.

Edit: Also, sorry for using what appears to be a cheeseball, run-of-the-mill team the last couple of nights, but it's for a reason. I usually make a team that has one or two methods to set up or angles. This year, though, I'm making myself use solid Pokemon with no planned setup. I'm practicing prediction -- a recognized weakness of mine. I'm trying to get to where I can win matches (or get close) at the Team Preview screen.

CrimsonN0

Man, Arceus using nothing but Extreme Speed kept 2HKO my pokemon then it had to use Swords Dance and Recover.
It was bad enough he also had a MegaKangaskhan.

WonderPup

I just finished breeding some Jolly Scrappy Kangaskhans with Hammer Arm as an egg move. I have one spare 5 IV. Does anyone want it?

Muku

Thanks for Eevee! One of this guy's poor daughters are gonna be worked harder than Louie Anderson's fork. Sexy Ditto tiem!

You're welcome. And LOL...

EDIT: Okay, going to throw this out there in hopes that someone does... Does anyone have a Charizard, Dragonite, Swablu, Altaria, Tropius, or Salamence from Gen IV that knows Air Cutter? I'd like to borrow it to get a copy of it. I went back to try to do it myself, but you know what? That is bullshit on a level I just can't deal with. Pearl is ridiculous. Never did the Underground thing but that is boring as hell, and you have to go around to get shinies I guess before new shinies pop up. SoulSilver has you do Battle Tower stuff, which I was going to suck up and do... but that is a new level of bullshit. I guess you have to get so many rounds done before you even get your one point? God damn that is awful. Ain't going to happen since half of my actual team has disappeared off SS. May have accidentally brought them into X. :/

one_kill

EDIT: Okay, going to throw this out there in hopes that someone does... Does anyone have a Charizard, Dragonite, Swablu, Altaria, Tropius, or Salamence from Gen IV that knows Air Cutter? I'd like to borrow it to get a copy of it. I went back to try to do it myself, but you know what? That is bullshit on a level I just can't deal with. Pearl is ridiculous. Never did the Underground thing but that is boring as hell, and you have to go around to get shinies I guess before new shinies pop up. SoulSilver has you do Battle Tower stuff, which I was going to suck up and do... but that is a new level of bullshit. I guess you have to get so many rounds done before you even get your one point? God damn that is awful. Ain't going to happen since half of my actual team has disappeared off SS. May have accidentally brought them into X. :/
I could get one for you, but it might be in an hour or so.

Why Air Cutter?

Muku

This seems strictly worse than Air Slash which I already am not a fan of on Charizard... if you wanna try something new try Ancient Power! STAT BOOSTS ^__^

I'm actually breeding Ancient Power on a Charmander now. Just trying things I don't normally on a type of Charizard I don't usually play.

Edit: Yeah it's worse than Air Slash. Whether I get it or not doesn't matter to me, figured I'd ask though. Just trying to have fun with different things at moment. Had to shelve Porygon for now because it was driving me batshit insane.

Firestorm

If you want a different style, Charizard X is always cool to play with. Surprisingly more effective than I thought it would be. Can be super awesome mega evolving into X with its weakness/resistances considering most people forget it even exists =)

MicH

So Gaf, what do you think? Keep or redo? That Defense though :(

Zapdos - #145 (Timid)
None (X)
HP: 31
Att: 20 - 21
Def: 0 - 1
SpA: 31
SpD: 20 - 21
Speed: 31

Actually, no. Not keeping this. If only Attack and Defense were switched at least :p

Muku

If you want a different style, Charizard X is always cool to play with. Surprisingly more effective than I thought it would be. Can be super awesome mega evolving into X with its weakness/resistances considering most people forget it even exists =)

Actually playing through X I used Charizard X. It's pretty cool, and actually bred earlier today a Charmander for more competitive purposes with Charizardite X.

Though on subject of Charizard, I've not dabbled in Charizard Y yet. I bought my stone over from Y and want to bring up a Charmander for it, but what's best set up for him there? Is it better as Attack or Special Attack set up?

one_kill

Actually playing through X I used Charizard X. It's pretty cool, and actually bred earlier today a Charmander for more competitive purposes with Charizardite X.

Though on subject of Charizard, I've not dabbled in Charizard Y yet. I bought my stone over from Y and want to bring up a Charmander for it, but what's best set up for him there? Is it better as Attack or Special Attack set up?
Mega Charizard Y works well as a SpA sweeper because of Drought.

Muku

Mega Charizard Y works well as a SpA sweeper because of Drought.

Awesome, been working on Special Attack Charmies this evening to fiddle with. Will keep one on side for Mega Charizard Y. What about moves you'd recommend?

Edit: I tend to play Charizard as physical attackers, so special attack side for it is a bit new to me.

Right now thinking Heat Wave, Solar Beam, Air Slash, ???

RoySFNR

You really want to use his special attack since it's that massive. I did experiment a bit with a mixed variant, but it's not worth it for the most part. If you can keep rocks from the field, Charizard Y gets quite a few chances to switch in on predicted EQ's or special attacks. From there, you can decide to simply nuke with a sun boosted fire blast or switch to another pokemon that can use the sun. It really forces a lot of switches in a 6 v 6 and there aren't many pokemon around that want to take such a massive fire blast.

I run Fire Blast/Roost/Solar Beam/Focus Blast on mine. Another option in the last slot is Earthquake if the accuracy turns you off. Without running either, Heatran and Tyranitar do a number on Megazard whcih are quite common switch ins.

MicH

I think I finally found the Zapdos I want:

Zapdos - #145 (Timid)
HP: 31
Att: 25
Def: 31
SpA: 31
SpD: 3 - 4
Speed: 31

The Special Defense is really bad, but overall it's pretty damn good!

one_kill

Awesome, been working on Special Attack Charmies this evening to fiddle with. Will keep one on side for Mega Charizard Y. What about moves you'd recommend?

Edit: I tend to play Charizard as physical attackers, so special attack side for it is a bit new to me.
I don't really use Charizard, but the ones I mostly see are Solar Beam, Heat Wave, Dragon Pulse, and Air Slash. Some run Focus Blast.

Usobuko

Banned

Right now thinking Heat Wave, Solar Beam, Air Slash, ???

Fire Blast, Solar Beam ( One turn thanks to drought ), Dragon Pulse, Focus Blast, Air Slash, Ancient Power.

You can also learn EarthQuake, Dragon Dance, Roost,

Muku

I don't really use Charizard, but the ones I mostly see are Solar Beam, Heat Wave, Dragon Pulse, and Air Slash. Some run Focus Blast.

Forgot about Dragon Pulse. Actually have it running on my Charmander's right now that I'm breeding. Contemplating on whether I should run Air Slash or Focus Blast.

Thank you guys. :)

Are Dark void Smeargles on GTS ever legit? Its an annoying move as it is commonly used in battle spot (being non-damaging means wide guard fails, I guess prankster+safeguard is good counter) yet you need bank and event Pokemon to get one yourself outside of trades.

So yeah. I got scammed but at least I can pretend I wanted the starf berry instead...

Muku

Are Dark void Smeargles on GTS ever legit? Its an annoying move as it is commonly used in battle spot (being non-damaging means wide guard fails, I guess prankster+safeguard is good counter) yet you need bank and event Pokemon to get one yourself outside of trades.

So yeah. I got scammed but at least I can pretend I wanted the starf berry instead...

What were you looking to get?

To be honest I don't trust GTS enough anyway. You can put Tundra Only for Vivillon and still get the stupid shit. I've stopped trying to ask for stuff on GTS.

What were you looking to get?

To be honest I don't trust GTS enough anyway. You can put Tundra Only for Vivillon and still get the stupid shit. I've stopped trying to ask for stuff on GTS.
A Smeargle that knows the move dark void (IIRC if both parents know it the offspring will have it so if you get one it is easy to make many but if you lack one Darkrai is the only way to get one). I got a starf berry instead (I figured if it was a scam I would get something out of it).

If sketch works in battle spot (as in remembers the move after leaving) I guess I could spam battle spot doubles/special hoping to run into one and somehow survive to actually pull off the sketch (I have a few ideas).

As for Vivillion collecting, some people have tried trade requests with passerby from regions containing those rare patterns but GTS is a bit of a waste until people learn nobody wants purple.

one_kill

Guess I'll be signing up for a year as I've filled up my boxes. I can't organise my Pokemon at all. At least $6.50 isn't much.

@Muku, I'll be on in a minute :D

Muku

A Smeargle that knows the move dark void (IIRC if both parents know it the offspring will have it so if you get one it is easy to make many but if you lack one Darkrai is the only way to get one). I got a starf berry instead (I figured if it was a scam I would get something out of it).

If sketch works in battle spot (as in remembers the move after leaving) I guess I could spam battle spot doubles/special hoping to run into one and somehow survive to actually pull off the sketch (I have a few ideas).

As for Vivillion collecting, some people have tried trade requests with passerby from regions containing those rare patterns but GTS is a bit of a waste until people learn nobody wants purple.

Ah okay wasn't sure if you were picking a paricular problem or actually looking for one with Dark Void. I have Darkrai. You have a specific Smeargle in hand already?

Yeah I hate passerby trading. It's a hassle since well.. it lacks the tools we had last generation to give a yay or nay unless you name Pokemon with specific phrases. I just don't have room for that non sense.

@Muku, I'll be on in a minute :D

Thank you! :D

Ah okay wasn't sure if you were picking a paricular problem or actually looking for one with Dark Void. I have Darkrai. You have a specific Smeargle in hand already?
I do have one, I've added your FC (mine is in my profile) but since I have passerby interaction disabled (if you've not visited the firends page on the 3DS it counts you as a passerby even if both of you added) I'll have to wait for you to add before I can initiate.

Muku

I do have one, I've added your FC (mine is in my profile) but since I have passerby interaction disabled (if you've not visited the firends page on the 3DS it counts you as a passerby even if both of you added) I'll have to wait for you to add before I can initiate.

Added you.

Muku

Thanks. I also need to apologize in advance, I put the Porygon into the daycare (seemed like a good idea at the time). It has now grown 10 levels. I have attached a heart scale in case you were planning usage of it being level 1.

LOL you're more than welcome to keep it. :) It's just a breeding reject.

Muku

Thanks. I also need to apologize in advance, I put the Porygon into the daycare (seemed like a good idea at the time). It has now grown 10 levels. I have attached a heart scale in case you were planning usage of it being level 1.

Okay got it done. Hadn't done it before so had to figure out best way. Had to prevent your Smeargle from leveling, but mission accomplished. Hopping on in a moment.

Edit: What's your IGN again?

Top Bottom