• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Okay got it done. Hadn't done it before so had to figure out best way. Had to prevent your Smeargle from leveling, but mission accomplished. Hopping on in a moment.

Edit: What's your IGN again?
Sorry I should have said; the 1* restaurant is doubles lead Darkrai and use DV, sketch, Darkrai then kills Smeargle.

IGN is Ben Leo.

Muku

Sorry I should have said; the 1* restaurant is doubles lead Darkrai and use DV, sketch, Darkrai then kills Smeargle.

IGN is Ben Leo.

Yeah that's what I ended up doing. Never dabbled in the restaurants really before, so walked all around figuring it out LOL.

Edit: Not seeing ya on.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
That post-game Looker quest had a better plot than the rest of the game entirely.
Too bad it only consisted of fighting in alleys and a rehash of Lysander Labs.

You're welcome. Do the Dark Void Smeargles on GTS trade pretty well? If so might have to consider making some.
You don't see offers very much (in a given day the level 1-10 category will have about 2, I assume any other levels to be a lie, especially the 10-20 wild range) and I can certainly see the demand (useful in battle spot, can't get without an event Pokemon). Given how they can be mass produced (do the same thing you did for mine except with 5 Smeargles in the party, possibly breeding with both parents having the move but that might only work for level up+egg movesy) and people are weary of GTS scams the market is probably not that sustainable.

Muku

You don't see offers very much (in a given day the level 1-10 category will have about 2, I assume any other levels to be a lie, especially the 10-20 wild range) and I can certainly see the demand (useful in battle spot, can't get without an event Pokemon). Given how they can be mass produced (do the same thing you did for mine except with 5 Smeargles in the party, possibly breeding with both parents having the move but that might only work for level up+egg movesy) and people are weary of GTS scams the market is probably not that sustainable.

Might be something I'll think about. Been meaning to breed some Smeargle's anyway. Once I finish up my Modest Charmanders, I'll probably hop in. Gotta do a little research into the abilities. I noticed yours had Moody. Moody seems like a crapshoot, but I guess it has it bonuses if it aligns right?

Looking on Serebii, Smeargle doesn't have egg moves, so would imagine I couldn't simply just breed them, but would have to go in each time. Not that it costs much to do, only time. But sounds like it could be interesting to throw up on GTS.

I don't know. While there are many liars on GTS, I tend to add correct notes to my Pokemon such as "5IV Timid" or whatever is applicable and never have a hard time getting rid of those Pokemon. Course it could depend on what you're throwing up there. I might dabble in it a bit this weekend to see how the market is.

And while I mark mine appropriately, I've never gotten a Pokemon that was appropriately tagged, so I've given up on it. Tired of trying to get HA things and you get it and gee no HA. But that goes for anything. Folks don't even read my notes. But that's why I try to be accurate on ones I do put up. To try to at least restore faith for those who do go on my notes.

Edit: Actually, reminds me, I should look into Happy Hour Smeargle's too to see if they're worth the time.

Gotta do a little research into the abilities. I noticed yours had Moody. Moody seems like a crapshoot, but I guess it has it bonuses if it aligns right?
Moody is the hidden one. The best ability depends on the role you have in mind (the others are own tempo and technician). Moody can backfire if you lover your accuracy. It tends to be played more often in singles with spore (put opponent to sleep, shell smash on switch, baton pass out of there, 2 turns of boosts+smash) as what occurs in doubles is the Smeargle faints or transforms so is unlikely to make use of the moody boosts.

Remember the Pokemon global link stats page here is a good place to get an overview on all these topics (assuming most players play to win that is, earlier seasons have a fair bit of noise but maybe season 3 suffers currently from a lack of data)

Insaniac

I've beaten the elite four and then lost all interest (which tends to happen to me in this game as I'm not much for competitive pokemon dueling) i just recently got the pkmn bank and transferred my lovely Tentacruel and I was wondering if there was any post game content I might be missing? (also I cannot find the place where you can get BP and stuff for the life of me)

Wichu

I've beaten the elite four and then lost all interest (which tends to happen to me in this game as I'm not much for competitive pokemon dueling) i just recently got the pkmn bank and transferred my lovely Tentacruel and I was wondering if there was any post game content I might be missing? (also I cannot find the place where you can get BP and stuff for the life of me)

I think you need to go to the Lumiose station to meet Sycamore.

Talk to the Professor and you'll get a pass to ride a train to the last spot on the map, Kiloude city. The Battle Maison (BP), IV Judge (PokeCenter) and Friend Safari are here.

MicH

Wait, males CAN pass down their HA with a Ditto, right?

I'm breeding a Braviary (HA) with a Ditto and the first 10 Rufflets are just regular ability...

EDIT Nevermind, I'm an idiot. Rufflet's HA is Hustle :p Whoops

Did you do the Looker sidequests yet?

Boogiepop

There's no chance anyone has a spare in the dweeble/roggenrola/honedge/paras/whatever with Wide Guard, is there? I wanna breed it in there, but apparently it's a huge pain to get with a lot of chain breeding, so I'd love to cut out the middle-man. (If there's curse on there too that'd be a nice plus as well.) I also really need a Tyranitarite (don't care if it's cloned or w/e). I guess I can offer some of the rejects I got off of breeding myself a larvitar. They all have Stealth Rock/Curse/Dragon Dance/Outrage egg moves and are Brave (I have a few crappy IV ones with Pursuit instead of Curse, as well, from back when I was starting the chain).

TrueBlue

Okay, I'm going to sound like the complete novice (again), but here goes.

I want to try and get my first Pokemon with perfect IVs. I'm going with something basic, a Charmander. I've got two Pokemon from the Safari, one a female Charmeleon (now Charizard) and a male a Charmeleon.

When talking to the stat judge, he said this ("Stats like those...they simply can't be beat!":

Female Charizard: Defense, Special Attack
Male Charmeleon: Attack, Speed

Now, I've put these two together in the Day Care, and have given the Charmeleon the Destiny Knot to hold. I've hatched a couple of eggs already, but the baby has only got 2 perfect IVs in Defense and Speed.

Where do I go from here? Is it just a case of continuously hatching eggs? Is there anything else I can do? Have I messed up somewhere?

Thanks in advance!

Wichu

I want to try and get my first Pokemon with perfect IVs. I'm going with something basic, a Charmander. I've got two Pokemon from the Safari, one a female Charmeleon (now Charizard) and a male a Charmeleon.

When talking to the stat judge, he said this ("Stats like those...they simply can't be beat!":

Now, I've put these two together in the Day Care, and have given the Charmeleon the Destiny Knot to hold. I've hatched a couple of eggs already, but the baby has only got 2 perfect IVs in Defense and Speed.

Where do I go from here? Is it just a case of continuously hatching eggs? Is there anything else I can do? Have I messed up somewhere?

Thanks in advance!

You're doing it right - the Destiny Knot guarantees that five IVs are passed, but the parent that passes them is still random. Keep going, and replace parents with better ones as you go along.

JulianImp

Thanks in advance!

Yeah, it's all about continously hatching eggs and replacing the pokémon on the daycare with their offspring with better IVs. Even while using my god Ditto, I often have to breed whatever, check its offspring, and replace the parent with whichever child has the best IVs three or four times. Once the non-Ditto parent has three or four perfect IVs, I just keep on getting eggs nad hatching them until I get a child with five 31s on the stats I want.

If you want to pass down a nature, you can attach Everstone to either parent (Destiny Knot works the same way regardless of which parent it's attached to, anyway).

Boogiepop

Thanks in advance!
Good dittos can help a lot in this, but you're pretty much doing it okay. Keep going until you get something better to feed in, and then replace a parent. Ideally you'd also want a source to bring in that Special Defense and HP you're missing as well. But yeah, see if anyone on here still has any extra God Ditto clones, as they make things so much faster.

L.O.R.D

so , some hackers discovered a new event pokemon , well..not that new
AZ's Floette
"Floette's Eternal Flower form, obtained via event, cannot breed, and it cannot evolve. It also cannot change form." - Serebii

TrueBlue

Good dittos can help a lot in this, but you're pretty much doing it okay. Keep going until you get something better to feed in, and then replace a parent. Ideally you'd also want a source to bring in that Special Defense and HP you're missing as well. But yeah, see if anyone on here still has any extra God Ditto clones, as they make things so much faster.

Yeah, it's all about continously hatching eggs and replacing the pokémon on the daycare with their offspring with better IVs. Even while using my god Ditto, I often have to breed whatever, check its offspring, and replace the parent with whichever child has the best IVs three or four times. Once the non-Ditto parent has three or four perfect IVs, I just keep on getting eggs nad hatching them until I get a child with five 31s on the stats I want.

If you want to pass down a nature, you can attach Everstone to either parent (Destiny Knot works the same way regardless of which parent it's attached to, anyway).

You're doing it right - the Destiny Knot guarantees that five IVs are passed, but the parent that passes them is still random. Keep going, and replace parents with better ones as you go along.

Gotcha, thank you everyone.

One more thing: The maximum amount of perfect IVs a Pokemon can have: Is it five or six? I'm sorta confused in that regard,

ChaoticEko

Neo Member
Pretty excited, just bought a 3DS XL and Pokemon X yesterday, loving it so far. Looking for a few friends, as I have just one on my friends list. I looked on here for a friends thread, and it looks to be pretty outdated :(.

Edit - just found the list on this OT, my bad. haha.

JulianImp

So, I recently realized the gym leader's IRC channel wasn't password-protected as some random user got in (and left within a minute), so I've reinstated the old password.

If anybody needs it, just shoot me a PM.

Wichu

One more thing: The maximum amount of perfect IVs a Pokemon can have: Is it five or six? I'm sorta confused in that regard,

It's six, but since Destiny Knot only lets you pass 5 IVs, you have to hope the sixth is randomly perfect (hence 6IV Pokémon are much rarer than 5IV ones).

Anustart

Just grabbed X yesterday, second pokemon after Soul Silver. Everyone in here is speaking a foreign language it seems! Be back when I know wtf is going on.

Boogiepop

It's six, but since Destiny Knot only lets you pass 5 IVs, you have to hope the sixth is randomly perfect (hence 6IV Pokémon are much rarer than 5IV ones).

Fortunately most Pokemon don't really need the sixth at all, though. I haven't bothered trying to get one yet, though I guess it would be important if you were running a mixed set or something...
Edit: Though I did get 2-3 randomly. Of course I was breeding for TR at the time, which made them kind of useless, but oh well.

so , some hackers discovered a new event pokemon , well..not that new
AZ's Floette
"Floette's Eternal Flower form, obtained via event, cannot breed, and it cannot evolve. It also cannot change form." - Serebii
Stats for said event Pokémon:
74 HP / 65 Atk / 67 Def / 125 SAtk / 128 SDef / 92 Spe (total: 551 BST)
It's unknown whether it can use Eviolite or not but it'd be awesome if it could

MicH

Finally got Sigilyph with the spread that I wanted.. and it has Wonder Skin. Wonderful

EDIT It took another freakin' perfect Wonder Skin one, but I finally got the perfect Sigilyph with Magic Guard

Boogiepop

Ugh, what the hell, game?! I just got a batch of 5 eggs from a 5 IV and 6 IV parent that had 4IVs. The odds on that have to be terribly, impossibly low. Bleh.

Kirlia

Banned
Ugh, what the hell, game?! I just got a batch of 5 eggs from a 5 IV and 6 IV parent that had 4IVs. The odds on that have to be terribly, impossibly low. Bleh.

VERY low. Since the Destiny Knot guarantees five of the parents' IVs, it means that all your Pokemon got the 5 IV parent's dud IV.

Boogiepop

VERY low. Since the Destiny Knot guarantees five of the parents' IVs, it means that all your Pokemon got the 5 IV parent's dud IV.

I know. :( Worst thing is that these are Carbink, and the batch before this all came out Clear Body. Hopefully this batch comes out better.

Kirlia

Banned
Breeding Quiet Healer Spritzee. If you want one, let me know so I can keep it safe from the sad fate of being released.

Top Bottom