• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Boogiepop

There's no chance anyone has a spare in the dweeble/roggenrola/honedge/paras/whatever with Wide Guard, is there? I wanna breed it in there, but apparently it's a huge pain to get with a lot of chain breeding, so I'd love to cut out the middle-man. (If there's curse on there too that'd be a nice plus as well.) I also really need a Tyranitarite (don't care if it's cloned or w/e). I guess I can offer some of the rejects I got off of breeding myself a larvitar. They all have Stealth Rock/Curse/Dragon Dance/Outrage egg moves and are Brave (I have a few crappy IV ones with Pursuit instead of Curse, as well, from back when I was starting the chain).

Reposting this request.

Also, holy crap! My leftover egg from breeding turned out to be another perfect Carbink. Relaxed, 31/31/31/X/31/0. Wow!

MicH

Reposting this request.

Also, holy crap! My leftover egg from breeding turned out to be another perfect Carbink. Relaxed, 31/31/31/X/31/0. Wow!
I don't have any of the Wide Guard mons, unfortunately, but I just checked the Wide Guard chain and jesus. That is a long chain. What do you want it on?

Boogiepop

I don't have any of the Wide Guard mons, unfortunately, but I just checked the Wide Guard chain and jesus. That is a long chain. What do you want it on?

I'm actually going to breed for both Gigalith and Crustle, so it at least saves time that I'm doubling down.
Edit: Hm. Not sure how much it's worth the effort, though. I'm not sure I'm even really going to use it, but I wanted the option open after I sink in the breeding time. I dunno, I'll think about it...

Usobuko

Banned
Anyone up for single 6v6? Those that had played me knows what I'm using.

Edit: Fek, Quest, Alchemy, C.Lazy, E.Chino.

You guys need to vote for the rules.

Wichu

I'm actually going to breed for both Gigalith and Crustle, so it at least saves time that I'm doubling down.
Edit: Hm. Not sure how much it's worth the effort, though. I'm not sure I'm even really going to use it, but I wanted the option open after I sink in the breeding time. I dunno, I'll think about it...

Wide Guard is amazing and totally worth using. I can't help you with your request, though :(

Boogiepop

Wide Guard is amazing and totally worth using. I can't help you with your request, though :(

I'm definitely getting it from somewhere, but I'm not sure of how much I'm going to spread it around. Oh well, I'll make it work if I have to. I'm probably going to make a Carracosta anyway, which at least starts off the chain nicely.

Kirlia

Banned
I have a couple of 5 IV Healer Spritzees if you want one.

That's really nice of you to offer, but the parent Spritzee is already 5 IVs. I should have been more clear in my post: I'm not only breeding 5IV Quiet Spritzee, but I'm going for a shiny one, too. Approaching 200 eggs now, actually.

ngower

Long story short, I had to sell my 3DS and games a while back for some cash. In January I picked one up again, and tonight I finally got around to re-buying Pokemon X. I had a couple questions I was hoping y'all could help me with.

1. Pokemon Bank: what is it? Do I need it? Why is it such a big thing?

2. Are there any special event Pokemon? I'm assuming Torchic is gone, and I saw rumors of a Celebi, but admittedly I've not paid very close attention to much Pokemon-related news since offloading the game a while back.

3. Any advice—or links to advice—on how to fast-track through some of the early portions of the game? I know there's the EXP share, and that was awesome, but it almost made the game too easy in the long run, so I'm hesitant to use it again.

Any and all help y'all can offer would be great. I'm pumped to get back into this game!

P.S. How do I find an Eevee? I never got one in my old save and I'm dying to get some of the Eeveelutions!

Wichu

Long story short, I had to sell my 3DS and games a while back for some cash. In January I picked one up again, and tonight I finally got around to re-buying Pokemon X. I had a couple questions I was hoping y'all could help me with.

1. Pokemon Bank: what is it? Do I need it? Why is it such a big thing?

2. Are there any special event Pokemon? I'm assuming Torchic is gone, and I saw rumors of a Celebi, but admittedly I've not paid very close attention to much Pokemon-related news since offloading the game a while back.

3. Any advice—or links to advice—on how to fast-track through some of the early portions of the game? I know there's the EXP share, and that was awesome, but it almost made the game too easy in the long run, so I'm hesitant to use it again.

Any and all help y'all can offer would be great. I'm pumped to get back into this game!

P.S. How do I find an Eevee? I never got one in my old save and I'm dying to get some of the Eeveelutions!

Pokémon Bank is a cloud storage service that lets you store up to 3000 additional Pokémon. The reason it's a 'big thing' is that it comes with Poké Transporter that lets you transfer Pokémon from 5th gen games to Bank. It has a 30-day free trial, and is $5 per year after that.

Torchic is indeed gone. You can get a Celebi if you download Pokémon Bank (just get the trial).

Use the Exp. Share early on, then when you want a challenge, turn it off and assemble a new team from freshly-caught Pokémon.

You can get Eevee on Route 10, just after the town with the second Gym.

I have a spare Blazikenite (mega stone) that the event Torchic was holding. You can have it. I'm currently breeding Eevee so I'll gladly give the Blazikenite to one so you can have both.

Anyone has a spare dusk stone?

Yeah, I'll hop online if you're ready for it.

Stats for said event Pokémon:
74 HP / 65 Atk / 67 Def / 125 SAtk / 128 SDef / 92 Spe (total: 551 BST)
It's unknown whether it can use Eviolite or not but it'd be awesome if it could

Better offensive stats than Togekiss? Interesting. She's my favourite stage in that line.

Oh. My. God.

Shiny Eevee. Anticipation. Yawn, Wish, Synchronoise and Fake Tears. Hardy male, acceptable.

*edit* 9 eggs. Nine! Thank you, shiny charm! First one since getting it.

*edit 2* 5 IV, HABCDx!

How I used Exp. Share in my second playthrough is that I turned it off when I got it and turned it back on for short portions if I felt I was becoming underleveled. I recommend trying that.

Wichu

Oh. My. God.

Shiny Eevee. Anticipation. Yawn, Wish, Synchronoise and Fake Tears. Hardy male, acceptable.

*edit* 9 eggs. Nine! Thank you, shiny charm! First one since getting it.

*edit 2* 5 IV, HABCDx!

Nice. Shame about the nature and Speed, but it can probably still make a killer Espeon :)

Wichu

I'm an oddball. I like neutral natures. I'm currently breeding for females but almost dropped my 3DS when this ghost-white fella hatched.

Competitively, there's no point in going for neutral natures, since there will always be a stat that's more important than another and thus a worthwhile non-neutral nature. It does give you more choice as to what to evolve it into at the cost of the evolution being slightly weaker than it could be, though.

Eeveelutions have a base 130 stat and a base 60 stat, right? Mathematically, if you + the 130 and - the 60 and then use EVs to compensate for the 60 you will always come out ahead of a neutral nature.

You have to know what you're evolving the Eevee into ahead of time though.

Boogiepop

Just to confirm on the off chance I can save myself some insanity: Male+Ditto is not the same as Female+w/e for the 80% ability pass, right?

Competitively, there's no point in going for neutral natures, since there will always be a stat that's more important than another and thus a worthwhile non-neutral nature. It does give you more choice as to what to evolve it into at the cost of the evolution being slightly weaker than it could be, though.

That's very true. Jolly was an easy choice for Tyrantrum and Modest for Blastoise, but Eeveelutions require much more planning. So I'm thankful it didn't hatch with a hindering nature, at least. I was just on my second generation of breeding so 5IV was incredibly lucky.

Eeveelutions have a base 130 stat and a base 60 stat, right? Mathematically, if you + the 130 and - the 60 and then use EVs to compensate for the 60 you will always come out ahead of a neutral nature.

You have to know what you're evolving the Eevee into ahead of time though.

Definitely. I hadn't studied the stats for them yet; I was still in the planning stages. Is that true about EVs compared to a fully EV trained neutral nature?

Yep, it's true. At level 50 it's like +15 in one stat for -7 in another or something like that. So you save some EVs even if you invest in the stat you lost 7 points in because you saved more due to that +15.

RoySFNR

Did I just get a Xerneas for my Slowpoke reject through wonder trade?
This makes up for every single Caterpie/Magikarp I've been racking up lately. Amazing.

Hello everybody. I'm currently obsessing over balls.... I need someone to help me abate my insatiable hunger for balls....

Currently, I'm looking for a Female Evee with it's Hidden Ability, in a dream ball. I know it's rather obscure but I'm kinda dying to get this ball.

I can offer a Hidden Ability female Swinub in it's dreamball. Currently I have it in Pokemon White 2, but I can transfer it to my X verision if need b.

Thanks!

Wow. Then why do neutral natures even exist? Good thing I'm not too competitive.
They made a nature for every + and - combination. This included the... five combos, I think? that have + and - on the same stat, cancelling them out and creating a neutral nature.

That said, casual players tend to not EV train so it's not like it's totally useless.

KtSlime

I haven't gotten a Pokemon game in the past few years (Heart Gold). Thinking of getting X or Y, most people where I am it seems has Y, which should I get?

Top Bottom