• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Wichu

I haven't gotten a Pokemon game in the past few years (Heart Gold). Thinking of getting X or Y, most people where I am it seems has Y, which should I get?

Whichever has the legendary (or Mega Stones) you like more. You can get the other version exclusives easily.

EDIT: Kirlia, want to trade now? I need to get some sleep, so if not then we'll have to trade tomorrow.

Boogiepop

So, before I close up for the night: It looks like the gym stuff has made a lot of progress, which is awesome. The data sheet is almost filled now, which is cool. Looks like we just need a little more info from ColossalLazy, ChurchRvB, and macklelol, plus some badge names. I added a "team completion" column so we can show how far we've gotten in preparing our team, as well as a "badge design" column. If we could follow Wichu's template for the badges I think that would work. And since they're small they should be easy to design. I think I can manage on my own, but if you need artistic assistance just say so in that column.

Oh, and I think we still need a few people to vote on the rules. They can be found by logging into the gym leader chat. And I was thinking on one that came up a good bit: would it help people to agree a little better if we decided to allow Pokemon that COULD be Kalos bred to count as Kalos bred? IE if they were bred elsewhere but follow the same regulations? I feel like the big idea is to block out move tutor crap/old legendaries to give people a more even playing field if they started to play competitively this gen (and to prevent people from having to breed and whatnot with the clunkier old mechanics if they don't want to be at a disadvantage). So maybe we can keep that but also work a little towards satisfying people worried about having to rebreed stuff unnecessarily? I dunno, just throwing stuff out there.

Anyway, things are coming along nicely, so hopefully everyone can keep up the good work and we can get things running before too much longer!

spiritfox

So, before I close up for the night: It looks like the gym stuff has made a lot of progress, which is awesome. The data sheet is almost filled now, which is cool. Looks like we just need a little more info from ColossalLazy, ChurchRvB, and macklelol, plus some badge names. I added a "team completion" column so we can show how far we've gotten in preparing our team, as well as a "badge design" column. If we could follow Wichu's template for the badges I think that would work. And since they're small they should be easy to design. I think I can manage on my own, but if you need artistic assistance just say so in that column.

Oh, and I think we still need a few people to vote on the rules. They can be found by logging into the gym leader chat. And I was thinking on one that came up a good bit: would it help people to agree a little better if we decided to allow Pokemon that COULD be Kalos bred to count as Kalos bred? IE if they were bred elsewhere but follow the same regulations? I feel like the big idea is to block out move tutor crap/old legendaries to give people a more even playing field if they started to play competitively this gen (and to prevent people from having to breed and whatnot with the clunkier old mechanics if they don't want to be at a disadvantage). So maybe we can keep that but also work a little towards satisfying people worried about having to rebreed stuff unnecessarily? I dunno, just throwing stuff out there.

Anyway, things are coming along nicely, so hopefully everyone can keep up the good work and we can get things running before too much longer!

Are we still following the hexagon idea for badges?

Wichu

I think the hexagon idea was pretty good. I made some draft designs (they still need work; it's hard to fit detail into a small space):
iqg40YZXabo8S.png

I took the colours from the official type icons, but in retrospect that wasn't a good idea - I'll rework them later.

Opinions on this style?

Looking for FEMALES in certain balls...

Ludicolo: Lure Ball
Aron: Heavy Ball

Offering:

Female Gligar: Moon Ball
Female Ralts: Friend Ball
Female Mareep: Level Ball
Female Mareep: Fast Ball

Female Abra: Fast Ball
Female Chansey: Love Ball
Female Scyther: Sportsball

As mentioned before, I'm also looking for a Female Evee with it's hidden ability in a Dream Ball. I'm offering a Female Swinub with it's hidden ability, also in a Dream Ball. The Swinub is currently in my White 2, and the other Pokemon are all in my heartgold, but I can transfer them up to a newer generation if need me.

I'm not always online so the best way to communicate is to to PM me or add me on steam to trade. Thanks.

Muku

Alright, cleaning up a couple of boxes. I still have wayyyyy too many 6IV Ponyta. I refuse to give them away on WT, because I don't think WT deserves them. :/ So, if you'd like one, let me know. They all are...

-Adamant
-egg moves Low Kick, Double Kick, Flame Wheel, and Morning Sun
-Pokerus
(to make them more enticing)
-Pokeball

Let me give breakdown of what I have left:

x8 Run Away (5 female; 3 male)
x1 Flash Fire (female)
x14 Flame Body (9 female; 5 male)

Still basically have a full box of them, and need to find them loving homes. Abilities range, so if looking for something specific, let me know. Also let me know if gender matters.

I also have 6 6IV Porygon to unload. I'm not done finishing Porygon, but I'd like to unload these things before I get back to it. Put Porygon on hiatus because of it's hating attitude towards me and it not coming out shiny. They all are...

-Timid
-Ability of Download
-Pokeball

Please let me know if you want any. Would like to clear some space for other things I'll be breeding shortly.

Usobuko

Banned
Alright, cleaning up a couple of boxes. I still have wayyyyy too many 6IV Ponyta. I refuse to give them away on WT, because I don't think WT deserves them. :/ So, if you'd like one, let me know. They all are...

-Adamant
-Pokerus
-Pokeball

Still basically have a full box of them, and need to find them loving homes. Abilities range, so if looking for something specific, let me know. Also let me know if gender matters.

I also have 9 6IV Porygon to unload. I'm not done finishing Porygon, but I'd like to unload these things before I get back to it. Put Porygon on hiatus because of it's hating attitude towards me and it not coming out shiny. They all are...

-Timid
-Ability of Download
-Pokeball

Please let me know if you want any. Would like to clear some space for other things I'll be breeding shortly.

can you give me 1 each?

Kirlia

Banned
Whichever has the legendary (or Mega Stones) you like more. You can get the other version exclusives easily.

EDIT: Kirlia, want to trade now? I need to get some sleep, so if not then we'll have to trade tomorrow.

Ah, dang! Sorry; a shopping trip got in the way. Let's trade tomorrow!

Muku

Thanks for the trades Muku. In the future I will have something better to trade.

You're welcome and no problem. :)

MrCookie and Uso, when you're on send an invite my way.

Edit: Sorry on delay. Had to figure out where my female Flash Fire was. Whole box just full of Ponyta. Son of a ... sorry hit cancel. Will have to go round 2 for Pory.

Kirlia

Banned

-Adamant
-Pokerus
-Pokeball

I also have 9 6IV Porygon to unload. I'm not done finishing Porygon, but I'd like to unload these things before I get back to it. Put Porygon on hiatus because of it's hating attitude towards me and it not coming out shiny. They all are...

-Timid
-Ability of Download
-Pokeball

I don't believe I have a 6IV Porygon...I'll take one! Could you name it Data? I can trade in 30 minutes.

Muku

I don't believe I have a 6IV Porygon...I'll take one! Could you name it Data? I can trade in 30 minutes.

Sure thing.

Edit: You're welcome MrCookie and Uso. :)

Also edited my post with Ponya breakdown by abilities/genders.

Muku

Holy crap, was it you Uso that gave me the shiny Bisharp? (Going through now and sorting my boxes again since they have traded Pokemon in them.)

Hey, I haven't posted in this thread before, but I was wondering if somebody could help me out with a request? I'm looking for a Heracross with it's hidden ability Moxie. I'd appreciate it a lot!

Muku

Hey, I haven't posted in this thread before, but I was wondering if somebody could help me out with a request? I'm looking for a Heracross with it's hidden ability Moxie. I'd appreciate it a lot!

I have one. FC is in profile.

I have a different build bisharp, you can keep this. I got 2 good pokemons from it too.

Thank you so much, he's awesome! Just didn't notice coloring or anything while doing a bunch of trades.

Uh, dude, we aren't going to ask people to show us their summary screen of every Pokemon to see the little icon. If it could be bred in Kalos then none of us will care.

EDIT: AKA yes. Though, rebreeding anything that isn't 6V isn't a huge deal.

Boogiepop

Uh, dude, we aren't going to ask people to show us their summary screen of every Pokemon to see the little icon. If it could be bred in Kalos then none of us will care.

EDIT: AKA yes. Though, rebreeding anything that isn't 6V isn't a huge deal.

That's what I figured. Just wanted to make sure, haha!

Anustart

If I'm out to complete the pokedex's, is it possible for me to fill up the first one before I got to central? Or should I just wait til endgame?

CrimsonN0

Anyone want to do some battles? Singles or Doubles.

I have like 90 people on my Friends List just made up of Pokemon Gaf, but at most theres usually only like 5 people on and macklelol is about the only person that anwsers my battle requests and they're not on right now.

Usobuko

Banned
Anyone want to do some battles? Singles or Doubles.

I have like 90 people on my Friends List just made up of Pokemon Gaf, but at most theres usually only like 5 people on and macklelol is about the only person that anwsers my battle requests and they're not on right now.

I'll battle you tmr around this time?

If I'm out to complete the pokedex's, is it possible for me to fill up the first one before I got to central? Or should I just wait til endgame?
Completing Pokedex entries require trading for version exclusive Pokemon and you won't get some evolutionary items until later. Just enjoy the game and fill in the holes later.

Top Bottom