• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

spiritfox

I think the hexagon idea was pretty good. I made some draft designs (they still need work; it's hard to fit detail into a small space):
iqg40YZXabo8S.png

I took the colours from the official type icons, but in retrospect that wasn't a good idea - I'll rework them later.

Opinions on this style?

Sorry for taking so long to reply, but I think the small size makes it too hard for any complicated designs. I'll stick with simpler, more obvious designs and darker lines. I'll do up some ideas later.

Muku

Gonna quote for new page to hopefully get some more of these homes.

6IV Ponya looking for good homes...

[...] if you'd like one, let me know. They all are...

-Adamant
-egg moves Low Kick, Double Kick, Flame Wheel, and Morning Sun
-Pokerus
(to make them more enticing)
-Pokeball

Let me give breakdown of what I have left:

x8 Run Away (5 female; 3 male)
x14 Flame Body (9 female; 5 male)

[...] let me know your gender/ability preference.

I also have some x6 6IV Porygon looking for homes...

They all are...

-Timid
-Ability of Download
-Pokeball

Please let me know if you want any. Would like to clear some space for other things I'll be breeding shortly.

MicH

Gonna quote for new page to hopefully get some more of these homes.

6IV Ponya looking for good homes...

I also have some x6 6IV Porygon looking for homes...
I would love the Flash Fire Ponyta if you still have one left. If not, Flame Body would be nice as well. I won't be able to trade until tonight though as I'm on my way to work :p

spiritfox

d5KxbTU.png

Here's my try at some gym badges. The small size means I cannot really do any fancy designs, but I hope it's noticeable what each type is just from a glance. We are going to have larger icons for the leaders, right?

freoleo29

So has anyone seen the pokebank cloning glitch yet?
The only place I've seen it is on thejustinflynn's youtube channel does anyone know how it works?
I actually like that he didn't tell people how it worked although I guess it doesn't matter since cloning is already happening,
Cloning 30 pokemon at a time is hugely game breaking IMO.

Forkball

Holy Bird Jesus Pokemon Box is so slow and cumbersome. I swear Nintendo goes out of their way to make the most awkward design choices.

The only place I've seen it is on thejustinflynn's youtube channel does anyone know how it works?
I actually like that he didn't tell people how it worked although I guess it doesn't matter since cloning is already happening,
That's a thing? Well dang... I should figure it out to clone some legends and a shiny HA perfect Eevee... Should be fun times

DaBoss

Holy shit Game Freak...can you do anything right?

Video in question, good on Flynn for not showing how to do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca3suOFwVwc

Wichu

They're too small! The hexagons I mean.

My reasoning for the size is that people won't want their badge collections to take up a lot of space so they can still use their old avatars underneath.

Gym Leaders will have larger versions of their own badge to use - if there's enough interest, we could have a medium size for challengers (~50% larger so the badges go on three rows rather than two).

I'm liking the direction of spiritfox's designs, though I feel there's still something missing... I'll try doing a couple of other styles later.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
What's the best way to go for shinies? Masuda method, chain fishing, or Poke Radar?

freoleo29

Holy shit Game Freak...can you do anything right?

Video in question, good on Flynn for not showing how to do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca3suOFwVwc

Thanks for linking i was on mobile.
I am beginning to think this has something to do with the powersave cheat card,
maybe somehow backing up the save then sending to the bank, rebacking save and retrieving from bank?
i should probably stop trying to figure it out because honestly i'd never bother using it.

Shiny Chespin....finally. After a whole month..and over 4000 eggs (not even counting the soft resets)

I will never Masuda Method again.

Wichu

maybe somehow backing up the save then sending to the bank, rebacking save and retrieving from bank?
i should probably stop trying to figure it out because honestly i'd never bother using it.

Yeah, that seems likely. There's that suspicious delay in the middle where he fiddles with something.

If that's the case, then this 'cheat' has been known since the PowerSave came out.

DaBoss

Yeah, that seems likely. There's that suspicious delay in the middle where he fiddles with something.

If that's the case, then this 'cheat' has been known since the PowerSave came out.
Well what this guy is doing is using that PowerSave cheat device to reload his save file. We already know he has one of those, after all. So it's not as if GameFreak could actually do anything because it's a cheat device.
Wait really? I didn't know he had one of those, but lol at trying to pass it off as solely using the Bank.

Anustart

I think the reason I'm liking this more than the other pokemon I played (SS) is that I'm actually trying to understand the battle system now instead of just power leveling my starter and blowing through.

Just beat the second gym and liking it so far. Though I did put two pokemon in the daycare that I thought would be a good pair that would breed but I dunno. Illumise and Volbeat I think. I thought they were male and female versions of the 'same' pokemon, guess I was wrong since the dude outside said they don't like playing with each other.

Edit: And I did turn off exp share though I had it on for a long while. I like working with each one I guess, allows me to see what they're strong against and such.

Ambient80

I'm roughly halfway through Y and liking it so far. The friends you keep in the game are annoying as piss, but whatever.

Why did they make it annoyingly difficult to get a ThunderStone? I know the extra training stuff is a nice boost for your mons, but considering I have like $200,000, buying one would really be much more convenient, lol.

Wichu

Though I did put two pokemon in the daycare that I thought would be a good pair that would breed but I dunno. Illumise and Volbeat I think. I thought they were male and female versions of the 'same' pokemon, guess I was wrong since the dude outside said they don't like playing with each other.

They'll still breed, it will just take a longer time for them to produce an egg. If the Pokémon can't breed, he'll say they 'prefer to play with other Pokémon'.
To speed up the rate of egg production, you can either use parents of the same species, or parents with different original trainers.

Breeding is fun to mess around with - Pokémon can learn moves they wouldn't normally be able to get if you breed different species together (for example, if you breed a male Bagon with Dragon Dance with a female Charmander, you'll get a Charmander with Dragon Dance).

It's easier to breed a Pokemon with ditto if the ditto has a different trainer ID? If so, anyone wanna swap ditto? :p

You should try to get a Ditto from a different language game than yours. That way you get eggs faster and you will have an increased chance to hatch shinies.

Wichu

d5KxbTU.png

Here's my try at some gym badges. The small size means I cannot really do any fancy designs, but I hope it's noticeable what each type is just from a glance. We are going to have larger icons for the leaders, right?

I liked the white-on-colour design of the Bug and Electric badges, so I've tried expanding on that:
ibiVCsOXiU86dG.png

Opinions?

Wichu

Well, if we end up going with this style, here's my badge:
iLhTuYv3bjAkA.png

EDIT: Templates illustrating the shading style:
i0FiYRI1WoG1a.png
iRu6x56SW4fyJ.png

The edge outline colour has to be the same across all badges, since the small versions will be sharing edges when arranged as above. The upper-left and lower-left edges of the badge have highlights and shadows to give it depth.
Otherwise, each badge should use white for the main design, outlined in the darker shade of the main colour. The lighter shade can be used to smooth edges inside the white area. On the lower-right edge of the badge, white is replaced by the light badge colour, while on the top-left, the dark colour is replaced by the base colour. The different shades can be used for smoothing (as on the Ground-type example badge).

Wichu

My idea for my badge is a blade of grass on a backround that's a different shade of green. MWAHAHAHAHA
How about this?
ibmRZubg7yloTf.png

Ooh that's nice. I don't have of the skills to design a badge of my own, but I was thinking something like a tornado/hurricane or something for mine
I'll try this later; I need to finish some work first.

Also here's the modified version of spiritfox's badge in the new style:
iDOBd3nXAwv0L.png

Is this fine with you, spiritfox?

Frost_Ace

I seriously don't know why people don't use Bisharp in doubles more, it's fucking amazing|

I use this set:

Bisharp @ focus sash

252hp/252atk/6spd

Sword Dance
Sucker Punch
Knock Off
Iron Head

MicH

Yeah, Bisharp is awesome to use.

They really need to reimplement all the BW2 move tutors + a way to get Defog in the next game. God I need these moves!

RoySFNR

Close to pulling my hair out trying to get a razor claw and a moon stone from that stupid balloon popping game.

If only there was a way to know what to do.

Top Bottom