• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Alchemy

Well, if we end up going with this style, here's my badge:
iLhTuYv3bjAkA.png

EDIT: Templates illustrating the shading style:
i0FiYRI1WoG1a.png
iRu6x56SW4fyJ.png

The edge outline colour has to be the same across all badges, since the small versions will be sharing edges when arranged as above. The upper-left and lower-left edges of the badge have highlights and shadows to give it depth.
Otherwise, each badge should use white for the main design, outlined in the darker shade of the main colour. The lighter shade can be used to smooth edges inside the white area. On the lower-right edge of the badge, white is replaced by the light badge colour, while on the top-left, the dark colour is replaced by the base colour. The different shades can be used for smoothing (as on the Ground-type example badge).

Looks pretty good. I'm ok with this type of badge.

ReiGun

Finally got my perfect Eevee (31/x/31/31/31/31)! Took a while but eh.

Now that that's done, I figured I'd offer the rejects up to any interested Gaffers. I have a ton, most have 2-4 perfect IVs, and around 20 have HA. I'm not looking for anything in particular in exchange (though, if someone has HA Dratini, that would dope), so just let me know if you'd like one. They're going on Wonder Trade otherwise.

ngower

Now that that's done, I figured I'd offer the rejects up to any interested Gaffers. I have a ton, most have 2-4 perfect IVs, and around 20 have HA. I'm not looking for anything in particular in exchange (though, if someone has HA Dratini, that would dope), so just let me know if you'd like one. They're going on Wonder Trade otherwise.

Don't know if you saw my post a few pages back, but I just re-bought the game after selling all my 3DS stuff a while back and am starting from scratch. Any chance you feel like sending one of your spares my way? I really don't have anything special to offer—I'm still way too early in the game.

I don't need an Eevee unless you have a 5IV Anticipation female to spare, but I can give you an Adamant Marvel Scale Dratini with ExtremeSpeed.

Don't know if you saw my post a few pages back, but I just re-bought the game after selling all my 3DS stuff a while back and am starting from scratch. Any chance you feel like sending one of your spares my way? I really don't have anything special to offer—I'm still way too early in the game.

Do you still want the 5IV Anticipation Eevee and Speed Boost Torchic with Blazikenite from me?
*edit* just saw your PM

Kirlia

Banned
Shiny Chespin....finally. After a whole month..and over 4000 eggs (not even counting the soft resets)

I will never Masuda Method again.

Oh my God. Was this with the shiny charm? I think that's the least-lucky Masuda run I've ever heard of. But congratulations! Definitely take a break before you MM again.

ReiGun

You still want mine or you cool with just the one from Nintendo Playstation?

I don't need an Eevee unless you have a 5IV Anticipation female to spare, but I can give you an Adamant Marvel Scale Dratini with ExtremeSpeed.

I'm afraid I don't; My best Anticipation Female is only 3 IV. Would love that Dratini.

FC: 3540 0712 9514
PJ

I'm afraid I don't; My best Anticipation Female is only 3 IV. Would love that Dratini.

FC: 3540 0712 9514
PJ

No problem, send me anything.

I have a few 5IV male Anticipation Eevee that I tried to breed but so far every female isn't HA. 3IV is the best HA female I'm working with at the moment. I'll get to where I want to be eventually.

Kirlia

Banned
No problem - good luck with getting a shiny :)

Oh, I'll need it; I've hatched around 300 Spritzee eggs and no shiny, but maybe that's for the best, since this Spritzee is better than the one I was breeding in terms of nature and even IV configuration. And Aroma Veil!

Finally transferred over a good chunk of my Pokemon from White. Have every starter except for Treeko which I couldn't find in my PC for anyone that wants one. I don't breed so they probably all have crap IV's. Looking for legendaries but obviously not expecting them, so anything kind of rare or something equipped with a non fire/water/leaf stone would be appreciated.

Muku

I would love the Flash Fire Ponyta if you still have one left. If not, Flame Body would be nice as well. I won't be able to trade until tonight though as I'm on my way to work :p

She's yours then. :) Sorry posted this then pizza came and ended up having a watch-a-thon all night rather than doing anything productive, like trying for a shiny.

Finally transferred over a good chunk of my Pokemon from White. Have every starter except for Treeko which I couldn't find in my PC for anyone that wants one. I don't breed so they probably all have crap IV's. Looking for legendaries but obviously not expecting them, so anything kind of rare or something equipped with a non fire/water/leaf stone would be appreciated.

What legendaries you looking for?

spiritfox

How about this?
ibmRZubg7yloTf.png

I'll try this later; I need to finish some work first.

Also here's the modified version of spiritfox's badge in the new style:
iDOBd3nXAwv0L.png

Is this fine with you, spiritfox?

I like it! Just add a bit more color, cause it's a bit too white now.

Here's my attempt:
1SJuCrG.png

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Does anyone have access to an Excadrill Friend Safari and can catch a female Sand Rush one in a Luxury Ball? I can offer some 4IV and 5IV Pokémon.

She's yours then. :) Sorry posted this then pizza came and ended up having a watch-a-thon all night rather than doing anything productive, like trying for a shiny.

What legendaries you looking for?

I'd take any for future trades. The ones I know I'm missing are all three gen 1 birds (but I'm pretty sure I have them on either White 2 or Platinum), Raikou, all 3 of the golems from gen 3 and the one from gen 4, Giratana (also sure I have on Platinum), Xerneas, and probably some others not including event pokemon.

Muku

I'd take any for future trades. The ones I know I'm missing are all three gen 1 birds (but I'm pretty sure I have them on either White 2 or Platinum), Raikou, all 3 of the golems from gen 3 and the one from gen 4, Giratana (also sure I have on Platinum), Xerneas, and probably some others not including event pokemon.

Well, I don't need any of the starters, but can try helping you fill in gaps. Though for ones on older games, should move them up to White/2 and transfer them over. If you want to include a more detailed list, send a PM my way.

JulianImp

I felt like doing some pixel art today, so I made my badge. Hopefully, it won't look too out of place alongside the other ones...
it probably does.

OoiHJck.gif
0mfiMjX.gif

freoleo29

Wait really? I didn't know he had one of those, but lol at trying to pass it off as solely using the Bank.
I don't think he was trying to pass it off as that,
I feel like he just wanted to put out a proof of concept video and didn't want people to be able to reproduce.

Wichu

I tried to make a badge in the white-on-colour style based on JulianImp's one:
ibdaqVMk9Nz16t.png

Also, my idea to make the Ground-type one more colourful was to narrow the white bands a little, so they're still fully white rather than fading to brown:
ipT9TrM9YC9nK.png

...maybe I should stop being so nit-picky, but I really want a consistent look across the badges :)

EDIT: Another option is to allow a second colour on the badges, e.g. red eyes on JulianImp/ColossalLazy's badges. I'll see how that looks tomorrow, but I'm really liking the clean look of just white and one other colour...

Aggrotek

ibdaqVMk9Nz16t.png

Also, my idea to make the Ground-type one more colourful was to narrow the white bands a little, so they're still fully white rather than fading to brown:
ipT9TrM9YC9nK.png

...maybe I should stop being so nit-picky, but I really want a consistent look across the badges :)

EDIT: Another option is to allow a second colour on the badges, e.g. red eyes on JulianImp/ColossalLazy's badges. I'll see how that looks tomorrow, but I'm really liking the clean look of just white and one other colour...

Do you need me to come up with a better concept for mine?

spiritfox

ibdaqVMk9Nz16t.png

ipT9TrM9YC9nK.png

I like it. Looks very original GB Pokemon.

Usobuko

Banned
ibdaqVMk9Nz16t.png

ipT9TrM9YC9nK.png

You can draw and design way better than me, can you help me on the ghost badge?

Oh my God. Was this with the shiny charm? I think that's the least-lucky Masuda run I've ever heard of. But congratulations! Definitely take a break before you MM again.

Thanks! It was without shiny charm. I've always felt like I was an unlucky person so I can't say I'm surprised. Thankfully Chespin is the only shiny I really wanted and it has BP and the right IVs so I'll really be done with MM this gen. Shiny Pikachu and Samurott look nice but...

Nope nope nope

ALM5252

I just recently got into playing Pokemon online through the random match up, and I'm getting annoyed with people forfeiting the match. :/

Dunno if i should be "honored" that they can't win, but it really bugs me. I don't forfeit when I know I'm gonna lose. :(

I just recently got into playing Pokemon online through the random match up, and I'm getting annoyed with people forfeiting the match. :/

Dunno if i should be "honored" that they can't win, but it really bugs me. I don't forfeit when I know I'm gonna lose. :(

It's a whole lot better than the Gen 5 days of people just turning their systems off and disconnecting from the match.

ALM5252

It's a whole lot better than the Gen 5 days of people just turning their systems off and disconnecting from the match.

I got a few of those with Y.

Only thing is I feel pretty good about it too because I've never been into the competitive battling, and only started earlier this week after breeding and raising my Pokemon. feels good to win matches online against people with like 500+ online matches and strong Pokemon strategies. Been learning a lot based on the people I've fought and lost to. I would even do a mock battle to see if I can try new strategies. :)

one_kill

Nothing wrong with that because some matches take longer than they need to be. I have three sweepers and three stallers in my team. When my stallers are doing their thing, all you'll be doing is watching your Pokemon die from poison or burn damage.

If you're complaining about people forfeiting, you probably haven't gone against people who literally run down the timer.

It's generally done to save time so they can move on to the next match ASAP. If they know they're going to lose then why bother wasting their time playing it out?

ALM5252

Like I said, I just got into the whole competitive battling online. I wasn't familiar with it being acceptable. But there are instances where the match starts and they forfeit or the part where it shows our whole team.

Anyways, I'm new and didn't know it's common and okay. I wouldn't do it personally. oh well.

WonderPup

Does anyone have any spare HA Ralts lying around? I need to get a Gardevoir with Telepathy to round out my VGC team. Any help would be appreciated. If there's something you would like in return, just let me know!

Does anyone have any spare HA Ralts lying around? I need to get a Gerdevoir with Telepathy to round out my VGC team. Any help would be appreciated. If there's something you would like in return, just let me know!

I have one that you can have, but you'd have to be online within the hour or so, as I'm not sure when is the next time I'll be able to trade. I'd love a Heavy Ball Mawile. But its understandable if you don't have one.

WonderPup

I have one that you can have, but you'd have to be online within the hour or so, as I'm not sure when is the next time I'll be able to trade. I'd love a Heavy Ball Mawile. But its understandable if you don't have one.

I can be on now, but yeah, I don't have one of those. My trading list looks like this:

Two Imposter Dittos at 31 HP
Three assorted Timid Gastlies at 3 IVs
Two Quiet Claunchers at 3 IVs (counting the 0 speed)
Three Quiet Claunchers at 3 IVs (speed is NOT zero)
Two Relaxed Aroma Veil Spritzees with 4 IVs (counting 0 speed)
Six Relaxed Aroma Veil Spritzees with 4 IVs (speed is NOT zero)
Two Relaxed Healer Spritzees with 4 IVs (speed is NOT zero)
Two Adamant Clear Body Beldums with 4 IVs
Eight Quiet Solosis with 4 IVs (counting 0 speed)
Nine Quiet Solosis at 31/x/31/31/31/x
Three Quiet Mareeps with 4 IVs (counting 0 speed)
One Quiet Mareep at 31/x/31/31/31/x
Ten Timid Own Tempo Espurrs (M) with 4 IVs
Eight Timid Own Tempo Espurrs (F) with 4 IVs

I can also breed 4 IVs for:

Kangaskhan (Hammer Arm)
Squirtle (Water Spout)
Scyther
Mawile (Ice Fang)
Lotad (Giga Drain)
Charmander
Chlorophyll Bulbasaur (Leaf Storm)
Mareep
Solosis
Prankster Sableye (Recover)
Protean Froakie
Gastly
Rotom
Mienfoo (Feint)
Rough Skin Gabite
Honedge (Wide Guard)
Litwick (Heat Wave)
Marill (Belly Drum)
Aron
Slowpoke
Gale Wings Fletchling
Unburden Swirlix
Marvel Scale Dratini

I can be on now, but yeah, I don't have one of those. My trading list looks like this:

Two Imposter Dittos at 31 HP
Three assorted Timid Gastlies at 3 IVs
Two Quiet Claunchers at 3 IVs (counting the 0 speed)
Three Quiet Claunchers at 3 IVs (speed is NOT zero)
Two Relaxed Aroma Veil Spritzees with 4 IVs (counting 0 speed)
Six Relaxed Aroma Veil Spritzees with 4 IVs (speed is NOT zero)
Two Relaxed Healer Spritzees with 4 IVs (speed is NOT zero)
Two Adamant Clear Body Beldums with 4 IVs
Eight Quiet Solosis with 4 IVs (counting 0 speed)
Nine Quiet Solosis at 31/x/31/31/31/x
Three Quiet Mareeps with 4 IVs (counting 0 speed)
One Quiet Mareep at 31/x/31/31/31/x
Ten Timid Own Tempo Espurrs (M) with 4 IVs
Eight Timid Own Tempo Espurrs (F) with 4 IVs

I can also breed 4 IVs for:

Kangaskhan (Hammer Arm)
Squirtle (Water Spout)
Scyther
Mawile (Ice Fang)
Lotad (Giga Drain)
Charmander
Chlorophyll Bulbasaur (Leaf Storm)
Mareep
Solosis
Prankster Sableye (Recover)
Protean Froakie
Gastly
Rotom
Mienfoo (Feint)
Rough Skin Gabite
Honedge (Wide Guard)
Litwick (Heat Wave)
Marill (Belly Drum)
Aron
Slowpoke
Gale Wings Fletchling
Unburden Swirlix
Marvel Scale Dratini

Thanks mate, but I'm not really looking for anything else. So you can give me whatever mon' you'd like. Added you.

Anustart

Ugh, I'm in the third Gym, why is this Bird super effective against every single type? I have ice, fire, grass, psychic. Super effective against each and one shots everyone.

Top Bottom