• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Ugh, I'm in the third Gym, why is this Bird super effective against every single type? I have ice, fire, grass, psychic. Super effective against each and one shots everyone.

Hawlucha? Take your pick:

Ice
Electric
Flying
Fairy
Psychic

I prefer to use flying against him. It sounds backwards to me, too, but it works.

Wookieomg

Hey all, I have a problem I'm wondering if someone can help me out with. After watching the TwitchPlaysPokemon stream, I got amped up with Pokefever and wanted to do a nuzlocke run on my Pokemon Y copy...

Realizing I can't have more than one save, I downloaded the PokeBank to try to see what I could do with it. I want to save all my Pokemon that I have with my current save so if I start over, I won't have lost them permanently. But I didn't see a way to copy TO the PokeBank FROM Pokemon Y.

Is there a way and I just didn't see it? And I pray to Helix that I just overlooked it, along with the ability to transfer whole boxes at once, cause if not... It's gonna be hell for me. I have like tons of boxes filled up. :/ And I'm not wanting to buy X or another copy of Y just to do this.

spiritfox

Hey all, I have a problem I'm wondering if someone can help me out with. After watching the TwitchPlaysPokemon stream, I got amped up with Pokefever and wanted to do a nuzlocke run on my Pokemon Y copy...

Realizing I can't have more than one save, I downloaded the PokeBank to try to see what I could do with it. I want to save all my Pokemon that I have with my current save so if I start over, I won't have lost them permanently. But I didn't see a way to copy TO the PokeBank FROM Pokemon Y.

Is there a way and I just didn't see it? And I pray to Helix that I just overlooked it, along with the ability to transfer whole boxes at once, cause if not... It's gonna be hell for me. I have like tons of boxes filled up. :/ And I'm not wanting to buy X or another copy of Y just to do this.

Once you select your game card, you should be able to see all your boxes on the lower screen. You can then transfer whatever you want by moving your cursor to the lower screen. There's not touch capability in the Box, so you must use the dpad. Press select twice to get the green cursor, that allows you to select a group of Pokemon, so you can transfer a whole box in one short.

Open PokeBank, press start to change the arrow to green, select entire boxes of Pokemon and point up to the Bank boxes. Save and exit and all the Pokemon will be stored in the bank boxes.

**NOTE** All items will be sent back to your bag; PokeBank is not compatible with items. If you need certain items held, your friendly neighborhood PokeGAF is usually accommodating and return things to you with your new save file.

MicH

Open Pokebank and you can drag them to the Bank boxes. The Pokemon on your Y copy are on the bottom screen, the Bank boxes are on the top screen

EDIT Woah, beaten twice :p

Wookieomg

Once you select your game card, you should be able to see all your boxes on the lower screen. You can then transfer whatever you want by moving your cursor to the lower screen. There's not touch capability in the Box, so you must use the dpad. Press select twice to get the green cursor, that allows you to select a group of Pokemon, so you can transfer a whole box in one short.

Open PokeBank, press start to change the arrow to green, select entire boxes of Pokemon and point up to the Bank boxes. Save and exit and all the Pokemon will be stored in the bank boxes.

**NOTE** All items will be sent back to your bag; PokeBank is not compatible with items. If you need certain items held, your friendly neighborhood PokeGAF is usually accommodating and return things to you with your new save file.

Open Pokebank and you can drag them to the Bank boxes. The Pokemon on your Y copy are on the bottom screen, the Bank boxes are on the top screen

Awesome!!! Thanks for the help fellow Gaffers! :D I'm excited now. xD I was originally going to do just a Wonder Run (Only obtain 6 pokemon, then wonder trade them out and whatever you get back is what you have to beat the game with) but might mix it up with some Nuzlocke criteria too. Any suggestions for good Nuzlocke rules for Pokemon Y?

Kirlia

Banned
Finally got a shiny Spritzee (female with Healer, Sassy nature and a 31/31/31/31/31/xx (not 0) build after about 400-500 eggs total. And a whole box of 5 IV Spritzee (plus one 6IV that is 31/31/31/31/31/0). All of them have Aroma Veil, if you want one, and they are in Premier Balls!

In any case, time to get shiny Goomy. <3

Awesome!!! Thanks for the help fellow Gaffers! :D I'm excited now. xD I was originally going to do just a Wonder Run (Only obtain 6 pokemon, then wonder trade them out and whatever you get back is what you have to beat the game with) but might mix it up with some Nuzlocke criteria too. Any suggestions for good Nuzlocke rules for Pokemon Y?

Some people are crazy and only heal once per town or disregard held items. Fainted Pokemon are "dead" and cannot be used ever again. Others catch the first new species they encounter on/in every new route/area. Pick rules you like and have fun!

Finally got a shiny Spritzee (female with Healer, Sassy nature and a 31/31/31/31/31/xx (not 0) build after about 400-500 eggs total. And a whole box of 5 IV Spritzee (plus one 6IV that is 31/31/31/31/31/0). All of them have Aroma Veil, if you want one, and they are in Premier Balls!

In any case, time to get shiny Goomy. <3

Hooray!

I just ran from a shiny Zubat in a horde because I don't want to mess around with my EVs. >.<

*o*

That's like turning down $1,000 to take a photo of a stop sign because you don't want to have to delete the picture later.

Usobuko

Banned
The incoming GAF gym leader probably takes a lot of commitment, I'm not sure if I have the time for it. Does anyone want to take the Ghost Gym Leader spot? If you're afraid of not having sufficient pokemon, I can help you out.

ngower

Is there any guide out there on when to evolve an Eevee? I'm not looking for how to evolve it (i.e. what level, what stones, etc) but are there any moves that Eevee learns at a certain level that I should wait for, or any moves that the Eeveelutions learn that I should be conscious of when deterring what level to evolve at?

Chopper

Who was it that linked to the HP Fire Ditto that I downloaded with pokecheck? Is it "American"? ie. Am I MMing whilst breeding with my English Froakie?

Wichu

Who was it that linked to the HP Fire Ditto that I downloaded with pokecheck? Is it "American"? ie. Am I MMing whilst breeding with my English Froakie?

Masuda method is determined by language, not region. American is the same as English.

MicH

Ack! That is a damn shame. So God Ditto's no good either?
Most God Dittos are Japanese so they'll work.As long as they have the language indicator in the top of the status screen, they will activate the Masuda method when bred with a Pokemon that is natie to your game. I believe the different languages are English,Italian, Spanish, German, French, Japanese and Korean

Chopper

Most God Dittos are Japanese so they'll work.As long as they have the language indicator in the top of the status screen, they will activate the Masuda method when bred with a Pokemon that is natie to your game. I believe the different languages are English,Italian, Spanish, German, French, Japanese and Korean
Okay, thanks.

So I'm in for the long haul breeding a shiny HP Fire Froakie then. Although, I guess I can use one of my successful HP Fire offspring with a God Ditto, and cross my fingers hard? Dammit though. I thought Masuda was region based.

TrueBlue

Haha, holy shit! I just got a Shiny Gardevoir with Pokerus from a Wonder Trade.

I'm kinda at a loss on what to do with it, so I've put it in my PC for now. Holy cow...

one_kill

Haha, holy shit! I just got a Shiny Gardevoir with Pokerus from a Wonder Trade.

I'm kinda at a loss on what to do with it, so I've put it in my PC for now. Holy cow...
Nice! Check it's IVs, nature, EVs, etc. to determine if it's competitive

I'm going to do the same one day. Just hand out shinies and legendaries haha

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Is Wonder Trade still dangerous? I remember hearing something about hacked Pokémon fucking up save files.

Boogiepop

What is all this 5IV and 6IV stuff? How is this known? From my reading the judge only states if two iv's are perfect...

He tells you all your IVs that are 31 or 0 (or your highest if there are no 31s). Plus if you need to you could always use an IV checker online.

TrueBlue

Nice! Check it's IVs, nature, EVs, etc. to determine if it's competitive

I'm going to do the same one day. Just hand out shinies and legendaries haha

Let's see...

--

Female Shiny Gardevoir

HP, Attack, Defense, Sp Atk, Sp Def are perfect IVs ("simply can't be beat!"), but the Speed IV is quite low.

Nature: Timid

Ability: Telepathy

EVs:

HP: 220
Attack: 118
Defense: 181
Sp. Atk: 226
Sp. Def: 211
Speed: 199

Moveset:

Destiny Bond
Grudge
Shadow Ball
Psychic

--

Thoughts anyone?

Honestly still a little in shock :lol

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Anyone got a spare Spiritomb that could give me? I got a few 31/5IV Eevees, Riolus and Feebas for trade.

TrueBlue

Ah I see why it was wonder traded lol
Ignore its competitive potential and just enjoy that it's shiny

That bad huh? Could someone explain in layman terms?

But yeah, it's my first shiny, and one I've wanted due to the Mega Evolution. Could put that Pokerus to good use too, though I'm not sure how.

Anyone want to trade the game exclusive Megastones? Just got them again on my second playthrough and want to trade the extras from Y for the X ones.

Kirlia

Banned
All right everyone, I have a ton of Sassy Aroma Veil Spritzee to give out. They are all in Premier Balls and have at least 5 perfect IVs each (however, the ones with 31 Speed aren't the best if you want to teach your Spritzee/Aromatisse Trick Room, which is why I count 0 Speed as a perfect IV).

There are 29 total.

13 are 5 ideal IVs with a 31/31/31/31/31/xx configuration. 11 are girls and 2 are boys.

12 are 5 ideal IVs with a 31/xx/31/31/31/0 configuration. I guess these are the most technically perfect ones. 6 are girls and 6 are boys. One of them has 0 in Attack and Speed.

The last four are interesting. They have a 31/xx/31/31/31/31 configuration, so they have 4 ideal IVs. 3 are girls and 1 is a boy.

Also, I will be breeding a new batch of Goomy soon. The second Goomy I bred with my first Goomy parent has perfect IVs and Gooey! It's likely I will get at least a few 6IV babies from my shiny hunting.

TrueBlue

It's Timid yet has like no speed.

Aside from that it's not *horrible*. It's actually more than playable.

So it's just a case of tweaking the nature and perhaps changing the moveset around? If so, I'll just get the Gardevoir to lay some eggs.

By the way, with my should I infect my 5IV Charmander with Pokerus? Would that give it an advantage?

Alchemy

So it's just a case of tweaking the nature and perhaps changing the moveset around? If so, I'll just get the Gardevoir to lay some eggs.

By the way, with my should I infect my 5IV Charmander with Pokerus? Would that give it an advantage?

Pokerus just helps you train EVs twice as fast. Nothing else after EV training.

Top Bottom