• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

WonderPup

Oh, never knew. ._.

I never went there for the stones since I haven't done the Kanto starters yet.

Yeah. It's a little frustrating. I hate when they split things out like this in the game. Pokemon would be one thing; you can trade and breed them. Items were an awful idea to do that to, though. I've been trying to find a Charizardite Y for weeks.

El_Chino

Hey PokeGaf sorry for being MIA, got caught up with some last minute assignments before my spring break. What have I missed?!

Just need a few more Pokemon and I'll be done.

I need the following:

Delcatty
Aromatisse
Slurpuff

Kingdra
Heliolisk
Slowking

Chandelure
Weavile

It would be a real help.

My friend code is: 4596-9625-1154
My mii is wearing blue, glasses and and name is Nate.

one_kill

That's some trade lol

Chlorophyll Bulbasaur are so common that people here would probably just give it to you for free

It's Timid yet has like no speed.

Aside from that it's not *horrible*. It's actually more than playable.
It's not horrible, but it's not competitive either. You need beneficial natures. In this case, it basically has neutral nature.

JulianImp

I caught my first random encounter shiny since Sapphire, and it was a male Spinda! Being a wild shiny, it's probably not conpetitive-viable, but I'm still extremely happy that I got it.

Since I grind Spinda hordes to level up my pokémon without spendind any money and have probably battled hundreds of them, I figured I'd eventually get a shiny one (or a Swablu/Scyther), though. >_>

Muku

Looks like WonderPup got the Charizardite Y, but if there is anyone else that needs one, I have a couple for trade. Just send me a PM if you're looking for one.

Korosenai

Just played Usobuko in a singles match..... all I have to say is that Baton Pass teams are scary if you don't stop their initial setup 0_0

Usobuko

Banned
Nub has said he is able to take over the Ghost Gym Leader spot (yeah!). I won't be challenging gym leaders either, so your secrets are safe with me!

I have 3 of my 6 dream team slots filled and ev trained. Now im trying to figure out the next 3 and hopefully some of you could give me some advice.

Its Eelectross a worthy investment? I played through most of this game without an electric type and wish I had one several times.

How is Gallade? I really like the pychic/fighting combo but the gardevoir's fairy type is pretty attractive.

I have fire/flying/dragon/ground/steel/bug already covered.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
What are some good Pokémon I could use on a Doubles Sandstorm team? Preferably one that is immune to Earthquake and Sandstorm. Maybe Sigilyph?

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Sand Veil Gliscor?

I want to try to avoid Sand Veil. Maybe Poison Heal Gliscor with a Toxic Orb or something?

I also need a Pokémon that can reliably inflict burn. I was thinking maybe Sigilyph with a Flame Orb and Psycho Shift.

Classics are Garchomp and Excadrill. Though Garchomp doesn't really do the Sandveil thing these days...

I already have a Garchomp and Excadrill. Should I use Mega Garchomp, or just give it a Rocky Helmet?

Also, is Barbarcle usefull on a sandstorm team? I was thinking of having a White Herb and Shell Smash to boost its stats to obscene levels.

CrimsonN0

I have 3 of my 6 dream team slots filled and ev trained. Now im trying to figure out the next 3 and hopefully some of you could give me some advice.

Its Eelectross a worthy investment? I played through most of this game without an electric type and wish I had one several times.

How is Gallade? I really like the pychic/fighting combo but the gardevoir's fairy type is pretty attractive.

I really like Eelecktross.
I have Discharge on it to hopefully Paralyze someone since it is slow, though.
Plus it has Levitate so it can't be Earthquaked.

I haven't really got Gallade to work well on my teams, though, unless the opponent has mostly slow pokemon.

Well, im sold on Elecktross.

Does anyone on gaf have a tynamo of any quality to trade? Havent seen it yet so the GTS is useless.

You can search the GTS for the name, its the last option after the alphabet. I have only one, just breed it and return mine. My FC is on my profile.

I am looking for a Cacnea or Cacturne with normal ability.

Muku

Well, im sold on Elecktross.

Does anyone on gaf have a tynamo of any quality to trade? Havent seen it yet so the GTS is useless.

You can look up any Pokemon on GTS even if you haven't seen it. Just go to very bottom of list and go to What Pokemon? Type in the name and voila. :)

Edit: Beaten.

Anustart

Am I bad person for liking Pichu? I keep stopping his evolution because I like the look of him more than pikachu. Hopefully he gets to be useable later.

Ultimadrago

Am I bad person for liking Pichu? I keep stopping his evolution because I like the look of him more than pikachu. Hopefully he gets to be useable later.

If you want to keep Pichu forever you can just slap an Everstone on them to prevent having to press B constantly with each level up.

Muku

Oh man. After a month of not breeding a shiny at all, and it being a very frustrating month because of it, I've had a golden Charmander surprise me this afternoon. Modest with perfect spread of 31/x//31/31/31/31. THANK YOU HELIX! The other Charmander I did get out before is my physical attacker but sadly is 31/x/31/31/31/31. :| Not 0 in Attack at least and will try to make him work, but this one.. is absolutely perfect. Even got Solar Power on it.

Oh man. After a month of not breeding a shiny at all, and it being a very frustrating month because of it, I've had a golden Charmander surprise me this afternoon. Modest with perfect spread of 31/x//31/31/31/31. THANK YOU HELIX! The other Charmander I did get out before is my physical attacker but sadly is 31/x/31/31/31/31. :| Not 0 in Attack at least and will try to make him work, but this one.. is absolutely perfect. Even got Solar Power on it.

Incredible luck! Very happy for you and your new Charmander friends.

Anustart

Anyone here by chance have a club nintendo code for one of the qualifying games for the Pokemon giveaway? My daughter wants Pokemon Y on her 3ds, I registered her system for her, just need a code for a game.

I'd be willing to trade my code from Nintendogs, I just can't afford a game this month and I'd like to get it for her.

You can search the GTS for the name, its the last option after the alphabet. I have only one, just breed it and return mine. My FC is on my profile.

I am looking for a Cacnea or Cacturne with normal ability.

I have neither sadly.

Thank you for the tip. Sadly, GTS is still FUCKING INSANE.

I cant believe the amount of people asking for every legendary in the book for common pokemon. The only other demand I could meet was a kangeskhan but would require me to raise it 50 levels. Ugh.

Does anyone else have a Tynamo of any quality they would be willing to part with?

I would go with Mega Manectric for an electric type if you have a Mega slot open.

Timid/Modest Manectric @ Manectite Lightning Rod>>Intimidate
4HP 252SpA 252Spe
Overheat
Thunderbolt
Volt Switch
Hidden Power Ice/Grass

This is probably his best set. Its pretty straightforward with Hidden Power and Overheat as coverage moves. HP Ice takes out many of your Dragon threats and x4 weak Ground types after Stealth Rocks. HP Grass is there if you are going against Swampert or Gastrodon and want to put a huge dent in them.

Volt Switch is your main move as you catch switch-ins with a powerful STAB and answer to it with a counter or an opportunity to set up. This makes Manectric an amazing Pivot paired with Intimidate. If you feel they are going to switch, Volt Switch to keep the momentum going.

Thunderbolt for big domage.

Overheat is your answer to Scarf-less (and hopefully without a Sash) Excadrills and bulky Grass types like Trevenant.

Run Modest for a stronger Volt Switch and better consistency with HP Ice OHKOs or Timid to outspeed Timid Noivern.

I can breed you a few if you change your mind.

For Fighting types, it depends who you're going for. Fighting types can be your utility Pokes like Hitmontop or your main cannon Choice Band/Life Orb users like Machamp or Conkeldurr.

I have neither sadly.

I cant believe the amount of people asking for every legendary in the book for common pokemon. The only other demand I could meet was a kangeskhan but would require me to raise it 50 levels. Ugh.

Does anyone else have a Tynamo of any quality they would be willing to part with?

What good IV (4-5) pokemon with HA do you have?

The reason it looks "FUCKING INSANE" is because all of the reasonable requests are taken extremely quickly whereas the dumb requests just sit there because they're dumb.

Putting up your own reasonable request is the way to go, really.

The reason it looks "FUCKING INSANE" is because all of the reasonable requests are taken extremely quickly whereas the dumb requests just sit there because they're dumb.

Putting up your own reasonable request is the way to go, really.

Makes sense. I will have to do that.

Colossal, I have no pokemon with hidden abilities. I just got into this and don't have the patience for it. As far a IVs, I have charmanders, gibles, ralts, and scythers from when I was breeding my own.

Kotto, I sadly don't have another mega slot open. I'm already pushing it at 3. That was a really interesting read though. Made me realize how indepth im going to have to look at my movesets once I have my lineup decided on.

Top Bottom