• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

ReiGun

With Eevee done, I'm now hard at work breeding a Speed Boost Torchic.

Next time, I'm going to make this a little easier on myself by picking a poke with a more even gender divide. I swear every time I get a female, they're just bad. lol

Anustart

Still really liking the game!

Just did the power plant and this raised a question.... Why is there no actual fighting in the pokeverse? Like these Team Flare peeps, if they're so dead set on getting stuff done, why admit defeat when their pokemon are defeated instead of just bashing my skull in?

spiritfox

Just did the power plant and this raised a question.... Why is there no actual fighting in the pokeverse? Like these Team Flare peeps, if they're so dead set on getting stuff done, why admit defeat when their pokemon are defeated instead of just bashing my skull in?

Because it's a game where 11 year old kids control gods and dragons. Just don't think too hard about it.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Upload a 4-5IV Riolu or Feebas on GTS for it
Make sure you write 4-5IV in your description

Pretty sure you'll get one quickly

Heh, I actually did this and ended up getting a japanese one. A little crappy IV stats-wise, but nothing that the Day Care guys can't fix.

freoleo29

Because our pokemon are still alive to protect us, whilst theirs are dead/fainted

Sooo, I'm having a lot of fun with the game.

My team is currently:

- Meganium Lv. 38
- Charizard Lv. 37
- Pikachu Lv. 33
- Marowak Lv. 32

And soon I'm hoping to get a Squirtle from the Global Trade thing.

I'm at the
tower where you get the ring for Mega Evolution (just beat my female rival) so I don't know the details

I feel like I'm a little overleveled, is that right? Also, based on 1st and 2nd gen I have:

Marowak for Strength, Charizard for Fly, Meganium for Cut, Squirtle (hopefully) for Surf and Waterfall (I guess Dive is here too) and I'm missing something?

Please, any suggestions that anyone could give me?

Wichu

My team is currently:

- Meganium Lv. 38
- Charizard Lv. 37
- Pikachu Lv. 33
- Marowak Lv. 32

I'm at the
tower where you get the ring for Mega Evolution (just beat my female rival) so I don't know the details

I feel like I'm a little overleveled, is that right? Also, based on 1st and 2nd gen I have:

Marowak for Strength, Charizard for Fly, Meganium for Cut, Squirtle (hopefully) for Surf and Waterfall (I guess Dive is here too) and I'm missing something?

Yeah, your levels are a little high. Try turning off the Exp. Share for a while.

There's no Dive in this game, so Cut/Fly/Surf/Strength/Waterfall are the only HMs you'll need (and Cut/Fly are optional).

Korosenai

Julian, Kira, Nub, I got your stuff ready. I'll be available around 10 hours later.
Youre the best <3 ill pm you in a bit.

Also, does anyone have a celebi that I could clone that they got from pokemon bank? I really want a celebi. Preferably calm, modest, or timid.

FleenerW

Anyone here by chance have a club nintendo code for one of the qualifying games for the Pokemon giveaway? My daughter wants Pokemon Y on her 3ds, I registered her system for her, just need a code for a game.

I'd be willing to trade my code from Nintendogs, I just can't afford a game this month and I'd like to get it for her.
PM me if you still need it.

If their Pokemon are gone then my Tyranitar, which they have no hope of killing with normal weapons, could kill them with ease because they would have no protection. So it's wiser to run.

My team is currently:

- Meganium Lv. 38
- Charizard Lv. 37
- Pikachu Lv. 33
- Marowak Lv. 32

I'm at the

I'd wait until you can access the rest of Lumiose City (the big centre city) before giving Charizard Fly. It acts as a central hub that slowly connects the rest of Kalos, and you can practically reach each corner of Kalos in like 2 minutes tops from there. It's up to you, but flying isn't really needed on this game whatsoever, only time I've used it was to fly to the daycare centre post game.

You should possibly slow down with your levelling until after the 5th Gym, but thankfully the game sort of helps you (well me at least) do this by lowering the number of new Pokemon you encounter between this point, so for me it encouraged me to hurry on to after the 5th Gym just to see some more new Pokemon.

Yeah, your levels are a little high. Try turning off the Exp. Share for a while.

There's no Dive in this game, so Cut/Fly/Surf/Strength/Waterfall are the only HMs you'll need (and Cut/Fly are optional).

Thanks! Glad to read that Dive is not in the game.

I'd wait until you can access the rest of Lumiose City (the big centre city) before giving Charizard Fly. It acts as a central hub that slowly connects the rest of Kalos, and you can practically reach each corner of Kalos in like 2 minutes tops from there. It's up to you, but flying isn't really needed on this game whatsoever, only time I've used it was to fly to the daycare centre post game.

You should possibly slow down with your levelling until after the 5th Gym, but thankfully the game sort of helps you (well me at least) do this by lowering the number of new Pokemon you encounter between this point, so for me it encouraged me to hurry on to after the 5th Gym just to see some more new Pokemon.

Fly isn't needed? Cool!
Yes, I guess that if I'm a little bit overleveled by now, I'll buy some Super Repel to get away from the random encounters.

Thanks.

BTW, I just got (from the 3rd Gym Leader)
Lucario
. Is it any good? I wanna keep Marowak, but Lucario doesn't seem a bad choice.

Does anyone have a Cacturne or Cacnea to trade? Can give a 5IV Pancham or Deino, or a 2-3 IV Pancham with 0 IV in Speed, Brave Nature with Quick Guard and Storm Throw as Egg moves.

L.O.R.D

anyone have Joltik with HA Swarm ?
and if he have timid nature too

+

why i can't find any Joltik with Swarm ability on pokecheck ?
i thought it was available in gen 5 ?

JulianImp

Julian, Kira, Nub, I got your stuff ready. I'll be available around 10 hours later.

Great! I'll have to work on my sixth ranger - I mean, pokémon, and once that's out of the way I'll finally have a team ready! I'll try to have more than six pokémon to choose from, though, but once the team's done I'll probably be able to go on Battle Spot and try it out at the very least.

Grinding Battle Maison for BP is a bit of a hassle, but still nowhere as bad as it was in previous gens, since you can get 48 BP quickly without breaking a sweat. I love how much they streamlined the breeding and training aspects of the game this gen.

RoySFNR

Please! What do you want for the trade? My FC is on my profile.

I don't have either of the Pokemon you listed so I'll let you decide.

My FC is in my profile as well!

EDIT: It seems Nintendo is having their maintenance time-out. Not sure how long this is going to last..

JulianImp

Alright, I just got completely owned by an AI... That new electric lizard used Rock Slide on Scizor while I switched into Volcarona (OHKO) and then flinched Scizor twice for a second KO. I was down to my 60% HP Kingdra, and I Surf... into Dry Skin. I then Dragon Pulse away all but one of its HP before losing Kingdra as well.

That's it, no more maison battling for today. :p

Fek, could I grab your calm Celebi to clone as well?

Sure. Did you ever get your cacnea? I think i have an extra one as well. I can give it to you when (and if) i clone these extra celebi... Timing is hard to get down.

Maintenance got in the way :(. I am looking for a HA Liepard and Spiritomb too, if you have one of them I would love it.

Got a lot of awesome things on Wonder Trade in the weekend. 5IV Piplup, 5IV Absol, Feebas with 4 Egg Moves, 4IV Honedge with Wide Guard, 4IV Modest Litwick and others.

RoySFNR

Getting more and more tired with everybody running obviously Pokegen'd pokemon on battlespot. Am I supposed to believe you managed to breed a shiny hidden power ice Manectric while I'm rolling with some poverty Pokemon since I don't have move tutors available?

So salty.

MicH

Getting more and more tired with everybody running obviously Pokegen'd pokemon on battlespot. Am I supposed to believe you managed to breed a shiny hidden power ice Manectric while I'm rolling with some poverty Pokemon since I don't have move tutors available?

So salty.
Yeah, a lot of Pokegenned stuff there, though to be honest, it is possible. I bred a near-perfect HP Fire shiny Roselia by accident :p

Wichu

So salty.

RNG abuse was a thing in previous gens.

Also my shiny 30/31/30/31/31/31 (HP Ice) Hasty Iron Fist Chimchar says it's possible even without RNG ;)

Alchemy

So salty.

This is more a symptom of how shitty the IV and tutor systems are to begin with. Perfect IVs and specific Hidden Power IVs are completely possible, it just takes a significant time investment for normal players that most people simply don't have. There are ways to get around it (RNG abuse, "legit" hacks), so the only people who are really impacted are impacted in a negative fashion running sub-optimal IVs against people with better resources available.

The reality is Gamefreak just needs to flatten IVs across the board and ditch the system. Give every Pokemon 0 or 31s, and make Hidden Power "Type" a tutor move. The shiny problem will persist, but that doesn't impact competitive battling.

Game Freak should also make Super Training easier for those unaware of Horde EV training.

Syril

I'm using the Bank and Transporter to transfer from White 2, and are Kyurem's fusions even possible after I take him over to Y? Is he going to be stuck in the state I transfer him in?

KiraFA37

I want to get in to competitive battling, but I can't be arsed finishing the game, what should I do PokéThread?

Finish the game, since competitive battling will involve breeding which will involve checking IV's which you can only check post-game... or by levelling your pokemon somewhat and plugging their stats in an IV calculator.

LegoArmo

Finish the game, since competitive battling will involve breeding which will involve checking IV's which you can only check post-game... or by levelling your pokemon somewhat and plugging their stats in an IV calculator.

I do the breeding and IV checking by rare candy-ing and not saving, it's mostly the items and TMs that I need to get, I suppose.

Top Bottom