• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Muku

Anyone have the following Vivillon patterns: Garden, Jungle, and Monsoon.

Willing to trade a 4IV Smeargle with Dark Void for them.

Muku

I have a spare garden pattern, maybe more in bank. The spare is in a repeat ball but I could clone you one in a Pokeball.

I'm not too particular about ball it's in to be honest. It's going into my Vivillon collection. :)

Edit: Thank you!! Just the Jungle and Monsoon to go! :D

I have a spare Jungle. Will you online in 6 hours?

Maybe. I could be online this evening watching tv and breeding or I may take a break tonight, hard to say yet.

Muku

Oh haha. Dark Void Smeargle is new to me, thanks!

No prob. :) Hope he comes in handy.

I take it you can Sketch off Smeargle, right? If I were to double battle and take a Smeargle that knows Dark Void, then have the other one Sketch, that'd work just as well as getting off Darkrai, correct?

No prob. :) Hope he comes in handy.

I take it you can Sketch off Smeargle, right? If I were to double battle and take a Smeargle that knows Dark Void, then have the other one Sketch, that'd work just as well as getting off Darkrai, correct?

Probably, I don't see why not. Do you not have Dark Void Darkrai?

Muku

Yeah, the only thing I know about Smeargle is to use heart scales to relearn Sketch.

BTW, just found a spare Monsoon Vivillon sitting in my Bank!

Ooh, awesome! I actually just dug through my old shit and found a 5IV Smeargle HA with Dark Void, if you'd like that one too.

Edit: Only thing I'm working on at moment is Eevee, and not sure you want any of these rejects.

Edit 2: Well, if you need a female with HA, just had one pop out of egg. Breeding Bold right now though. She's 31/31/31/31/X/31 (Sp Def isn't 0 though.)

Ooh, awesome! I actually just dug through my old shit and found a 5IV Smeargle HA with Dark Void, if you'd like that one too.

Edit: Only thing I'm working on at moment is Eevee, and not sure you want any of these rejects.

Edit 2: Well, if you need a female with HA, just had one pop out of egg. Breeding Bold right now though. She's 31/31/31/31/X/31 (Sp Def isn't 0 though.)

5IV female HA Eevee? If she's a reject, yes please!

macklelol

GGs Crimson. I got hella lucky during that second battle. Pretty much if any attack from your Tyranitar got through to my Porygon-Z, I would've been a goner.

I'm pretty bummed I forgot to give my Furfrou a haircut before the battle, though. How could I forget such an important aspect of it?

She is. :) She's all yours then!

Edit: Yessss, thank you. Jungle vivillon to go!

Yay! Thank you! I think Kirlia gave me that Monsoon. It was perfect for me in that it was English named and in a Pokeball. But I just couldn't get over that he had Pokerus. My Vivillon collection, like the rest of my Dex, is clean. So I'd rather hold onto my Japanese-named monsoon Vivillon in a Luxury Ball. Someday my dreams will come true.

If only GF/TPC would allow Vivillon to inherit patterns when bred with like parents.

Muku

Yay! Thank you! I think Kirlia gave me that Monsoon. It was perfect for me in that it was English named and in a Pokeball. But I just couldn't get over that he had Pokerus. My Vivillon collection, like the rest of my Dex, is clean. So I'd rather hold onto my Japanese-named monsoon Vivillon in a Luxury Ball. Someday my dreams will come true.

If only GF/TPC would allow Vivillon to inherit patterns when bred with like parents.

It's funny because I moved it to its Vivillon box and was thinking "Huh, I remember Nintendo Playstation wanting his Pokemon clean..." But now that makes sense. :)

I wish it would inherit its parents patterns. ;_;

Edit: Glad you can give her a home. Just a few minutes old and already found her place in life.
Probably as a breeding slave, but still, haha.

It's funny because I moved it to its Vivillon box and was thinking "Huh, I remember Nintendo Playstation wanting his Pokemon clean..." But now that makes sense. :)

I wish it would inherit its parents patterns. ;_;

Edit: Glad you can give her a home. Just a few minutes old and already found her place in life.
Probably as a breeding slave, but still, haha.

Not a bad way to begin life. At least she only has one suitor.
for now...

neto

If I restart my game does my sync id change? If it does can I easily delete the old one on the global link?

Yeah, the only thing I know about Smeargle is to use heart scales to relearn Sketch.
It is also a level up move every 10 levels so if you're getting one to level 50 there may not be a need for heart scales (depending on where you level up).

You can do this. I produced a few like this. Shame I had EXP share turned on so they are like level 6 or so.

I also tested if both parents with dark void would produce a child with dark void. The answer is no (that only seems to works for level up moves).

I had two days left on my free pass and was too scared to find out what happens when it expires, so I renewed it today. The really awesome thing is, my new pass doesn't start immediately: it was added to the two days I had left. Classy move, Nintendo. I like it. :)

Sorry if this was already common knowledge, just renewed now.

Muku

I have a spare Jungle. Will you online in 6 hours?

I'll be on for a while breeding after all this evening. Just added you. Won't be on GAF, but if you see me on, IGN Muku, then send me a request. Just added you a moment ago. I'll give you the 5IV HA Smeargle with Dark Void if you'd like.

You can do this. I produced a few like this. Shame I had EXP share turned on so they are like level 6 or so.

Edit: Thank you!!! :D Done with Vivillon collection. Awesome~

I also tested if both parents with dark void would produce a child with dark void. The answer is no (that only seems to works for level up moves).

Sweet, thank you. Tempted to do that at times so I don't have to yank out Darkrai. I figured that about Dark Void move not passing on. Figured it wouldn't be nice to have clarification on it.

DaBoss

If I restart my game does my sync id change? If it does can I easily delete the old one on the global link?
It does change. You can delete it in the options, but you'll have to wait till PGL maintenance for it to be gone. I'm not sure if you can use a sync code after that.
I had two days left on my free pass and was too scared to find out what happens when it expires, so I renewed it today. The really awesome thing is, my new pass doesn't start immediately: it was added to the two days I had left. Classy move, Nintendo. I like it. :)

Sorry if this was already common knowledge, just renewed now.
Thank you for posting this. I didn't know of they would do that so I was holding off on the subscription.

JulianImp

Thank you for posting this. I didn't know of they would do that so I was holding off on the subscription.

A couple of us bought a year of Pokémon Bank a while ago and posted about how that added 365 days to your remaining time rather than setting your remainig days to 365. They were like two or three posts at most, and all in a single page, so it's likely you might've missed them.

bumpkin

Man, that EXP Share item is ridiculously helpful. In the couple of hours I played X last night, I must have had three or four of my Pokemon level-up to the point of evolution. Every time it happened I'd get my wife's attention and make her watch. She just shook her head and/or rolled her eyes.

She be hatin'.

MicH

A couple of us bought a year of Pokémon Bank a while ago and posted about how that added 365 days to your remaining time rather than setting your remainig days to 365. They were like two or three posts at most, and all in a single page, so it's likely you might've missed them.
Hey man, I got your Pinsirite from Usobuko :D

spiritfox

Man, that EXP Share item is ridiculously helpful. In the couple of hours I played X last night, I must have had three or four of my Pokemon level-up to the point of evolution. Every time it happened I'd get my wife's attention and make her watch. She just shook her head and/or rolled her eyes.

She be hatin'.

You should switch it off if you want any semblance of difficulty in your game. It makes an already easy game ridiculously easy.

Anustart

So I'm pretty new to all this. What should I be learning first? How do I breed so the children have perfect IVs and such? And EV training is basically the level up system from Final Fantasy 2?

Wichu

So I'm pretty new to all this. What should I be learning first? How do I breed so the children have perfect IVs and such? And EV training is basically the level up system from Final Fantasy 2?

First, I assume you've beaten the main story (if not, do that first).

The last OT had a bunch of guides for this sort of stuff - here's one of them that covers pretty much everything.

Boogiepop

You should switch it off if you want any semblance of difficulty in your game. It makes an already easy game ridiculously easy.

Eh, it's not like the games ever had any difficulty regardless. I prefer the ability to have something of a balanced team and fill out my pokedex a bit more as I go, so I left it on. Though I agree it'd be nice to finally have a Pokemon game that can put up a fight, this was never going to be it, Exp Share on or off.

Korosenai

Hey Mackelol, is there anyway I could clone your Timid Celebi?

Do you have a God Ditto? I can try to clone you one real fast if you want me to.

It's japanese and has 31 perfect iv's in all six stats. Just leave a Destiny Knot on it and you'll be getting perfect Pokemon in no time.

Sorry, I fell asleep yesterday, we can trade later today.

Whenever you get time will be fine. I'm just going to trade you back your Celebi.

bumpkin

Eh, it's not like the games ever had any difficulty regardless. I prefer the ability to have something of a balanced team and fill out my pokedex a bit more as I go, so I left it on. Though I agree it'd be nice to finally have a Pokemon game that can put up a fight, this was never going to be it, Exp Share on or off.
That's the reason I've kept it enabled. While the game lets you call in more than one Pokemon to battle, it's just a hassle to be forced to do it (w/o Exp Share on) to avoid having one or two who are level-awesome and four who are near useless.

That's the reason I've kept it enabled. While the game lets you call in more than one Pokemon to battle, it's just a hassle to be forced to do it (w/o Exp Share on) to avoid having one or two who are level-awesome and four who are near useless.
I have played through every Pokemon game by raising 6 Pokemon evenly. It's only a hassle in Gen 2 and its remakes because that gen's level curve is shit.

Anustart

Hey Mackelol, is there anyway I could clone your Timid Celebi?

Do you have a God Ditto? I can try to clone you one real fast if you want me to.

It's japanese and has 31 perfect iv's in all six stats. Just leave a Destiny Knot on it and you'll be getting perfect Pokemon in no time.

Whenever you get time will be fine. I'm just going to trade you back your Celebi.

I don't! I'd take one if it's available :)

Korosenai

I don't! I'd take one if it's available :)
I'll try cloning it in a bit. Do you already have a Destiny Knot or do you want me to put an ability capsule on it?
I'm online now if you are around. By the way, if you get to clone that timid Celebi, can I get a copy?

Give me about 10 minutes, i'm playing Bravely Default and forgot to check this thread again. Doing a battle right now.

I finally decided to step into battle spot and played 2 matches. A rotation match where I got destroyed by trick room and bulky tanks (I should probably play this mode in maison or something) which I feel might be the norm for the mode and a singles which I won but I feel like the player threw the match at the start as they switch out of an easy kill.

I guess what I got out of it was I need to change movesets a little and also think more about who I'm using and who makes good partners for which situations. If I'd had Togekiss instead of Talonflame I could have saved my Garchomp for instance. You then get into the paralyzing situation of 3 slots not being enough for singles.

Having a check on Battle spot I noticed something about Cinccino. They run King's Rock quite often. 41% flinch chance. That wouldn't be bad on my one but given that is its only method of survival makes me feel it is a Pokemon I should use when I've sorted out the basics a bit more.

Top Bottom