• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

JulianImp

Trying out shading styles for the larger-sized badges.
HgLeELS.png

Too shiny?

I'd say it's about right, but I think we should use slight hue variations for each badge to make telling them apart somewhat easier.

Anyway, my team's nearly done! All that's left is to EV train and level a little bit, and then I'll go prepare some extra pokémon for variety's sake.

Anyone have a Turtwig? IV trained/shiny does not really matter since I'm not really into that stuff just trying to get my favorites :)

Oh and if someone could add me on FC, tell me what pokemon I have in safari that would be swell, I know its ponyta and fennekin, ???. Also trade me one of my ponyta lol

.2509-2163-1431

KiraFA37

...don't know that people actually expect one "Z" instead of "X2/Y2", for me it's just easier to say than "in the next Pokemon game(s) this generation or next."

Well there is this pokemon called Zygarde and he is legendary, he would be perfect for his own game! Or something called pokemon i and j, since these define the complex plane depending on your discipline.

Alchemy

Well there is this pokemon called Zygarde and he is legendary, he would be perfect for his own game! Or something called pokemon i and j, since these define the complex plane depending on your discipline.

i/j/k are obviously the next games. We need Z to complete the first coordinate system first.

There's only a handful of fairy pokemon in the game yet I can't figure out which one I wanna go for first. I mean I like Spritzee but I wanna try to get it with the hidden ability. What do you guys recommend?

Nephtis

Hey guys,

So I haven't played Pokemon since Red/Blue and I did a bit of Pokemon White, so I am a returning newbie. I just got Pokemon X and I just got to the daycare place.

Having said that, I want to breed a shiny Charmander, but I hear getting a foreign male Ditto (I'm from the US) will help speed the process? Is this true?

If so, would anyone be willing to part with one? I can send you my friend code via PM (it's also on my profile), and I work nights, but I can make an effort during daytime too if needed.

Any help / answers would be greatly appreciated, thank you :D

[edit] posting my friend code anyway.. lol

1005-9215-5465

Hey guys,

So I haven't played Pokemon since Red/Blue and I did a bit of Pokemon White, so I am a returning newbie. I just got Pokemon X and I just got to the daycare place.

Having said that, I want to breed a shiny Charmander, but I hear getting a foreign male Ditto (I'm from the US) will help speed the process? Is this true?

If so, would anyone be willing to part with one? I can send you my friend code via PM (it's also on my profile), and I work nights, but I can make an effort during daytime too if needed.

Any help / answers would be greatly appreciated, thank you :D

[edit] posting my friend code anyway.. lol

1005-9215-5465

Many of us have a 6IV Japanese Ditto. That means it has perfect stats. This is excellent for breeding competitive Pokemon but you can ignore that completely if you want. Yes, a Pokemon will have an increased chance of being shiny when the parents are from any two different regions.

That said, I can clone one for you. My FC is also in my profile.

(P.S. - Ditto is genderless and can breed with any gender or genderless Pokemon unless it's in the "undiscovered" egg group, which is most legendary types)

Nephtis

Many of us have a 6IV Japanese Ditto. That means it has perfect stats. This is excellent for breeding competitive Pokemon but you can ignore that completely if you want. Yes, a Pokemon will have an increased chance of being shiny when the parents are from any two different regions.

That said, I can clone one for you. My FC is also in my profile.

(P.S. - Ditto is genderless and can breed with any gender or genderless Pokemon unless it's in the "undiscovered" egg group, which is most legendary types)

Gotcha! Yes, I would very much appreciate it if you could spare a Ditto for me. I'll go ahead and add you :)

Anyone have a Turtwig? IV trained/shiny does not really matter since I'm not really into that stuff just trying to get my favorites :)

Oh and if someone could add me on FC, tell me what pokemon I have in safari that would be swell, I know its ponyta and fennekin, ???. Also trade me one of my ponyta lol

.2509-2163-1431

I can breed a Turtwig and catch a Ponyta for you. Would you like Ponyta with a particular ability, gender or ball?

My FC is in my profile.

Gotcha! Yes, I would very much appreciate it if you could spare a Ditto for me. I'll go ahead and add you :)

No problem. I'll add you when I get home.

Platy

POKEPEOPLE !

...what is the easiest way to get each evolution stone ?

Please don't say balloon popping ><

Kirlia

Banned
Think I've reached around 200 Goomy eggs hatched...each egg takes a while to hatch even with Talonflame/Hatching Power Level 3, so breeding for other shinies later will feel so much easier...

Harpuia

I can breed a Turtwig and catch a Ponyta for you. Would you like Ponyta with a particular ability, gender or ball?

My FC is in my profile.

No problem. I'll add you when I get home.

Oh man, a Ditto with 6 IVs would seem useful. I think I'll just stick to catching dittos en masse in the pokemon village to be able to breed my adamant fletchling. I would like to have a perfect ditto too!

My FC is in my profile.

Uh any Ponyta should do, to be honest I never looked it up to see whats a good ability and what not. Anything but "Run Away" should be fine, same with the gender and ball used to catch it.

Same stuff for the Turtwig, anything will do since like I said I don't really even know what 90% of this extra stuff from breeding is all about lol.

Oh and random question for anyone really, whats the point of the 6IV Ditto thing? I keep seeing it but not sure why people are looking for them this much.

Woah... I just read that having a Synchronize Pokemon at the front of your party with a certain nature gives a 50% chance of encountered Pokemon having the same nature, including legendaries?!?

My mind has been blown. O.O

RoySFNR

Uh any Ponyta should do, to be honest I never looked it up to see whats a good ability and what not. Anything but "Run Away" should be fine, same with the gender and ball used to catch it.

Same stuff for the Turtwig, anything will do since like I said I don't really even know what 90% of this extra stuff from breeding is all about lol.

Oh and random question for anyone really, whats the point of the 6IV Ditto thing? I keep seeing it but not sure why people are looking for them this much.

The pokemon you get from the eggs in the day care inherits the IV's from its parents. Ditto can breed with every single pokemon so it makes breeding for good IV's a lot easier since you start off with one parent that already has a full set of perfect IV's.

If you have one of the parents hold the item destiny knot, the total of IV's that the off spring will inherit is a total of 5. From which parent the egg pokemon takes a specific IV (i.e. attack) is 50/50 but the chance of hatching good pokemon massively increases which speeds up the tedious process of getting viable pokemon.

It's kind of hard to explain haha. Take a peek at this guide from Nuggetbridge if you need more info. http://nuggetbridge.com/breeding/breeding-perfect-pokemon-x-y/

Harpuia

No worries. My FC is in my profile.

Get you a God Ditto if you want.

Sweet! Soon as I'm done doing some work, I'll post my FC. Simultaneously, I need to check to see what pokemon are actually in my friend safari. If it's cool, I'll send you a PM when I'm free.

EDIT: I could also check to see if I have anything useful to give in exchange for your genetically superior ditto. About the only thing of worth that I have are gale wing fletchinders in my friend safari.

Alright. I'll nab a female Ponyta with "Flame Body", it's Hidden Ability (HA). When bred, babies can hatch with any of its three abilities. I ask the ball type because eggs hatched will inherit the mother's ball (unless Ditto is the mom).

Turtwig will be "Overgrow" and in a plain Pokeball.

Sweet! Soon as I'm done doing some work, I'll post my FC. Simultaneously, I need to check to see what pokemon are actually in my friend safari. If it's cool, I'll send you a PM when I'm free.

Absolutely!

Korosenai

Are you ok with hacked/RNG'd Pokemon? I have 6IV Deoxys and Mew. If you want a particular nature I can get one for you.
Yeah im ok with it. Not going to use them, just kind of want them. Just a Mew would be fine, but we can trade later im busy right now.

Harpuia

Breeding question, Pokemon "keep track of their family trees," right? I recall way back from a Crystal guide that I bought saying that they do. Otherwise, it'd make breeding kinda creepy and in some cases efficient.

RoySFNR

Breeding question, Pokemon "keep track of their family trees," right? I recall way back from a Crystal guide that I bought saying that they do. Otherwise, it'd make breeding kinda creepy and in some cases efficient.

I don't think they do. I try not to think about it...

Boogiepop

Not in any way I can think of. Since it's kind of the ideal method, I'm pretty much always inbreeding stuff. Take the fresh baby with good IVs and have it make babies with its parent. I try not to think about it too much, though, because yuck.

Platy

Totaly forgot about the Star Fox minigame !

Thanks =D

I hope if they release another crap flash game it is actualy less crap than ballon popping

Is there anything in particular you're looking for? I got a bunch from
balloon popping

I was thinking more of getting a bunch for me too =P

Harpuia

Not in any way I can think of. Since it's kind of the ideal method, I'm pretty much always inbreeding stuff. Take the fresh baby with good IVs and have it make babies with its parent. I try not to think about it too much, though, because yuck.

I just realized that I kept following that rule based on what that game guide told me years back. I never even questioned it because I didn't want to know the horrible truth if it worked, and I assumed it to be logical. Though as I grew older I started questioning the impracticality of such a system actually being implemented.

Wichu

I just realized that I kept following that rule based on what that game guide told me years back. I never even questioned it because I didn't want to know the horrible truth if it worked, and I assumed it to be logical. Though as I grew older I started questioning the impracticality of such a system actually being implemented.

IIRC G/S/C didn't let two Pokémon breed if they had enough IVs in common (and therefore were likely to be related). I didn't do much breeding in G/S/C though.

Alright. I'll nab a female Ponyta with "Flame Body", it's Hidden Ability (HA). When bred, babies can hatch with any of its three abilities. I ask the ball type because eggs hatched will inherit the mother's ball (unless Ditto is the mom).

Turtwig will be "Overgrow" and in a plain Pokeball.

Awesome thanks, going to be finishing up a paper tonight so no rush on getting them to me. Added you already so just say when :)

backlot

Are you trying to say you actually know where Pokemon eggs come from? I don't believe you.

Boogiepop

I somehow just learned for the first time that you can use your bike in the Friend Safari. It's super pointless, but somehow amusing. IIRC you can't use the Pokeradar in here so I was at least a little surprised.

In Crystal you could not breed offspring with their parents so that guide was actually correct. That was changed in Gen 3.

Top Bottom