• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Boogiepop

According to the google doc, 3 GAF Gym Leaders are ready.

I maaaaaay have gotten distracted in finishing up Etrian Odyssey Untold and starting Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze... (I've since started working on stuff again, though, and I'd imagine that I won't be too much longer, hopefully. Just have to breed one more which should be straightforward and then finish leveling everything up, which is trivial.)

Usobuko

Banned
I maaaaaay have gotten distracted in finishing up Etrian Odyssey Untold and starting Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze... (I've since started working on stuff again, though, and I'd imagine that I won't be too much longer, hopefully. Just have to breed one more which should be straightforward and then finish leveling everything up, which is trivial.)

Hop into the IRC channel if you need some beta testing once the team is ready :)

Boogiepop

Hop into the IRC channel if you need some beta testing once the team is ready :)

Will do! I'm sure I'm going to get steamrolled if only because so many, many things hurt rock type. But I'm trying to hedge my bets at least so I hopefully won't be a complete pushover!

Hindl

So I didn't see it in the OP and I'm not sure what page the idea got started, but what's the deal with GAF Gym Leaders? Each of them just choose a type and people can challenge them?

Is there anything like an Elite 4? And can Gym Leaders switch?

Usobuko

Banned
So I didn't see it in the OP and I'm not sure what page the idea got started, but what's the deal with GAF Gym Leaders? Each of them just choose a type and people can challenge them?

Is there anything like an Elite 4? And can Gym Leaders switch?

Yes and no Elite 4.

Of course they can switch during battle :p It's already a handicap using mono-type teams. I think even some in-game gym leader switches too.

Hindl

Yes and no Elite 4.

Of course they can switch during battle :p It's already a handicap using mono-type teams. I think even some in-game gym leader switches too.

Thanks for the answer haha. And I meant switching as in people change. Like if someone other than the current Gym leader could become the new Gym Leader of that type

Boogiepop

Gah, someone help me decide on a EV spread for a Carbink. It has a +Def nature already. Do I sink heavy into HP and Special Def, or is there some more balanced spread I should go with? I'm lazy and don't want to spend a while plugging and chugging a ton of matchups and types to try to figure out a perfect spread on my own...

spiritfox

Thanks for the answer haha. And I meant switching as in people change. Like if someone other than the current Gym leader could become the new Gym Leader of that type

There will be a way to challenge for leadership positions in the future. We're still finalizing the rules for that.

CrimsonN0

There will be a way to challenge for leadership positions in the future. We're still finalizing the rules for that.

Was anything ever decided on for the challenger's team?
Otherwise thay could just use all Fire against the Bug Gym and the switch to all Electric against the Water Gym, etc.

Usobuko

Banned
Otherwise thay could just use all Fire against the Bug Gym and the switch to all Electric against the Water Gym, etc.

As of now, the consensus is it would be locked and they are allow to make minor changes per win/lose.

This is to prevent the above scenario.

spiritfox

Challengers' teams are locked from the start of the challenge, and they're only allowed limited changes per win/lose. These are not culumative.

Hindl

Yes and no Elite 4.

Sorry if this has already been brought up and if peolpe don't want it, but is there a reason there's no Elite 4? It could be kinda cool if you had all the Gym leaders fight each other, and the 4 with the highest amount of wins becomes the Elite 4. Then the 1st person to beat everyone can become the champion.

Again sorry if this was discussed to death. Just seems like there's some cool directions this could go in. Is there like a post or documentation of the basic setup of this?

Boogiepop

Sorry if this has already been brought up and if peolpe don't want it, but is there a reason there's no Elite 4? It could be kinda cool if you had all the Gym leaders fight each other, and the 4 with the highest amount of wins becomes the Elite 4. Then the 1st person to beat everyone can become the champion.

Again sorry if this was discussed to death. Just seems like there's some cool directions this could go in. Is there like a post or documentation of the basic setup of this?

It's still getting worked out, but at least for now the idea is an implementation like the anime. As in people who get enough badges enter a "pokemon league" tournament.

Aggrotek

My team is nearing completion. Just been really busy the past couple days. Friday afternoon I should be able to get a lot done.

Muku

Okay guys, so yesterday was helping some folks on GTS out. Ended up with a handful of shinies. Nothing that I'm attached to, so figure I'd offer them to you guys.

x1 Lv 35 Shiny Braxien // Naive , Magician, X/31/X/31/X/X (none at 0)
x1 Lv 100 Shiny Omastar // Modest, Shell Armor
x1 Lv 100 Shiny Magmortar // Adamant, Flame Body, 31/31/31/31/31/31
x1 Lv 50 Shiny Moltres // Modest, Pressure
x1 Lv 46 Shiny Ho-Oh // Gentle, Pressure
x1 Lv 3 Shiny Mankey // Lax, Vital Spirit
x1 Lv 100 Shiny Salamence // Naughty, Moxie, 31/31/X/X/X/X (don't recall any at 0)
x1 Lv 52 Shiny Ledian // Adamant, Swarm, 31/31/31/31/31/31, Pokerus
x1 Lv 59 Shiny Dragonite // Brave, Inner Focus
x1 Lv 79 Shiny Regigigas // Bashful, Slow Start
x1 Lv 100 Shiny Metagross // Gentle, Light Metal
x1 Lv 100 Shiny Genesect // Hasty, Download, 31/31/31/31/31/31, Pokerus

Shinies in return for them would be cool but willing to hear out offers. Not all are ENG so if that matters ask first. If you have a question regarding moves, let me know.

Also have a 5IV female Eevee if anyone is interested that popped out yesterday.

Bold, Anticipation, X/31/31/31/31/31, egg moves (Covet, Wish, Yawn, Charm)

Willing to take whatever for her, as I imagine she'd be a good breeding prospect for someone.

Okay guys, so yesterday was helping some folks on GTS out. Ended up with a handful of shinies. Nothing that I'm attached to, so figure I'd offer them to you guys.

x1 Lv 100 Shiny Omastar // Modest, Shell Armor
x1 Lv 50 Shiny Moltres // Modest, Pressure
x1 Lv 46 Shiny Ho-Oh // Gentle, Pressure
x1 Lv 3 Shiny Mankey // Lax, Vital Spirit
x1 Lv 100 Shiny Salamence // Naughty, Moxie, 31/31/X/X/X/X (don't recall any at 0)
x1 Lv 52 Shiny Ledian // Adamant, Swarm, 31/31/31/31/31/31, Pokerus
x1 Lv 59 Shiny Dragonite // Brave, Inner Focus
x1 Lv 79 Shiny Regigigas // Bashful, Slow Start

Shinies in return for them would be cool but willing to hear out offers. Not all are ENG so if that matters ask first. If you have a question regarding moves, let me know.

Willing to take whatever for her, as I imagine she'd be a good breeding prospect for someone.

Can I have the legendaries? *gets greedy*

I'd like that Eevee, if you don't mind.

one_kill

What do you want for this Muku? Any more shiny legendaries you're after?

Ultimadrago

I'll take that 6IV Shiny Magmotar for a 6IV Shiny Smeargle Timid/Moody?

one_kill

ColossalLazy, I can get you the other if you like. I'm doing a bank run so I don't mind getting one for you.

Actually, been wanting a shiny Abomasnow. :) You can choose one off list for him if you'd like.

Naw, good on shiny legendaries. Got ones I like. Got any regular shinies?
Yeah so long as they're from Gen I to V.

ReiGun

Sure thing dude. If not tonight, then tomorrow.

My FC is on my profile. IGN is James. I'll add you sometime later or tomorrow.
Added you. My FC is in my profile too.

Comments in bold. I'm terrible at competitive battling though (I'm okay at individual sets but fall apart in making an effective team). For reference the PGL battle stats site is good to see what others do (process the information though as you see many Pokemon don't have a consensus on moveset*) but doing the same thing can be boring to play as or against.

*-the total is 400% for moves. Some moves are clearly options with the same purpose (e.g. Rock slide vs. Stone Edge), others not so...
Thanks for the assist. And that link is going to be really useful.

Muku

Added a shiny Metagross and shiny Genesect to the list. Just got those two. I have a shiny Beldum at level 5 to raise, so I don't need the Metagross. Look forward to getting my little one up there together. :)

Edit: Thank you one_kill! :)

Thanks! Added you as a friend :)

jelmerjt, thank you for Scyther. I'm sure you'll make good use of the Shiny Stone.

Gotcha! Yes, I would very much appreciate it if you could spare a Ditto for me. I'll go ahead and add you :)

Nephtis, Ditto is ready

EDIT: I could also check to see if I have anything useful to give in exchange for your genetically superior ditto. About the only thing of worth that I have are gale wing fletchinders in my friend safari.

Harpuia, Ditto is ready. I don't need anything special in trade. Your Friend Safari is Grass with Pansage, Petilil and ??? (I'll let you know)

Awesome thanks, going to be finishing up a paper tonight so no rush on getting them to me. Added you already so just say when :)

Valkerionseven, Ponyta and Turtwig are ready

I just caught a shiny durant when ev training. :D

Nice SeZ! Reminds me of a fire ant!

Top Bottom