• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Kirlia

Banned
Waiting on my shiny Bold Eevee to come out. No luck so far. However, I've got more HA females if anyone would like one. All Bold, all ability Anticipation.

x1 X/31/31/31/31/31
x2 31/X/31/31/31/31
x2 31/31/X/31/31/31
x2 31/31/31/X/31/31
x1 31/31/31/31/31/X

Willing to take whatever for them.

Aw man, you have plenty of good stuff. I can give you one of my 5IV Gooey Goomy for a 31/x/31/31/31/31!

Anustart

What berries are worth growing and using in X?

In my short time with Ruby, I used an Oran berry, but it healed a measly 10hp, basically making it useless if you were more than 10 minutes into the game.

Edit: I find it kinda funny that this thread dies around 10pm central time every night. Naively makes me think I'm speaking exclusively to 10 year olds in this thread and makes me feel old.

uuugh, I've been having issues with my tethering. :(

I'll be on around this time again tomorrow, probably sometime Saturday and maybe a little while this Sunday (my bday). But I'm not going anywhere unless Need For Speed really sucks me in, so you'll get your Ditto sooner or later.

Thanks a bunch!

You're welcome dude

What berries are worth growing and using in X?

In my short time with Ruby, I used an Oran berry, but it healed a measly 10hp, basically making it useless if you were more than 10 minutes into the game.

Edit: I find it kinda funny that this thread dies around 10pm central time every night. Naively makes me think I'm speaking exclusively to 10 year olds in this thread and makes me feel old.

Leppa (10 PP restore) and Lum (any status) berries are my faves to grow along with EV-reducing, friendship-increasing berries (Grepa, Hondew, Kelpsy, Pomeg, Qualot and Tamato). Other good ones include Kee & Maranga and Lansat & Starf.

And I'm celebrating 27 in a few days.

ReiGun

So all in all, just ignore Fennekin. Nothing good will ever come from it but pain and misery.

But it's just adorable!

Fennekin.jpg

I see Chespin as the superior starter choice for starting out and playing through the single player, but when it comes to online and competitive play, Greninja is where its at.

So all in all, just ignore Fennekin. Nothing good will ever come from it but pain and misery.

I chose Chespin but used Fennekin more during my story, LOL. Thanks, Wonder Trade. Fire and Psychic are my two favorite types since Red and Blue.

The only starter I kept on my team was Charizard.

You can get the other starters very easily. Getting a legendary bird with your desired Nature, IVs, and nickname, however, is not that easy. Therefore, your starter should be chosen with your desired bird in mind.

Zapdos is by far the best bird, and since Fennekin gets you that it is therefore the best starter.

Kirlia

Banned
After the woes of finishing an important college essay that was due at midnight tonight and demanded every ounce of my attention, I am now free for Poketrading.

Again, I have 5 IV Sassy Aroma Veil Spritzee in Premier Balls and 5 IV Calm Gooey Goomy in (if it matters) Ultra Balls. Let me know if you want one and what you want to trade! Breeding rejects are preferred but I'll take anything.

Also, I have a shiny Hawlucha for trade. She has a Modest nature, unfortunately, but she also has her Hidden Ability and can be given a name. Her current nickname is Ace, but I can change it. Shiny offers of any kind are appreciated, and it's REALLY preferred that the shiny have a non-detrimental nature and be nameable. But feel free to make an offer for that too even if the shiny isn't all that ideal.

EDIT: Random, but am I the only one who hears Delphox's cry as "what the fuuuuuuuck?"

Muku

You want to trade now? Not sure if I have anything you'd want... I do have a spare modest Celebi with 3 perfect iv's in the stats it needs. That's about it though.

Should have went with the superior Chespin.

Wish I could but out right now. I'll see if you are around when I get back in. The Modest Celebi would be cool. If not this evening then maybe can catch y tomorrow.

Kirlia

Banned
Wish I could but out right now. I'll see if you are around when I get back in. The Modest Celebi would be cool. If not this evening then maybe can catch y tomorrow.

Hello! I'm online now! Let me know when you get back, okay? I'll be available for some time.

ReiGun

Again, I have 5 IV Sassy Aroma Veil Spritzee in Premier Balls and 5 IV Calm Gooey Goomy in (if it matters) Ultra Balls. Let me know if you want one and what you want to trade! Breeding rejects are preferred but I'll take anything.
I'll take one of each. I have tons of reject Eevee, Torchic, Ghastly, Magikarp, and Gible.

Muku

EDIT: Random, but am I the only one who hears Delphox's cry as "what the fuuuuuuuck?"

I thought that was just me. Glad to know it's not, haha!

Hello! I'm online now! Let me know when you get back, okay? I'll be available for some time.

I just got in. Will hop online in a moment. :)

Edit: Still want the Eevee and shiny Omastar, correct?

Edit 2: Woot, thank you! Diggin' that shiny Vileplume. And thank you for the 6IV Gooey Goomy!!

So current shiny list still available looks like:

x1 Lv 50 Shiny Moltres // Modest, Pressure
x1 Lv 3 Shiny Mankey // Lax, Vital Spirit
x1 Lv 100 Shiny Salamence // Naughty, Moxie, 31/31/X/X/X/X (don't recall any at 0)
x1 Lv 52 Shiny Ledian // Adamant, Swarm, 31/31/31/31/31/31, Pokerus
x1 Lv 59 Shiny Dragonite // Brave, Inner Focus
x1 Lv 79 Shiny Regigigas // Bashful, Slow Start
x1 Lv 100 Shiny Metagross // Gentle, Light Metal

And as far as Female / Bold / Anticipation Eevee's I still have:

x1 X/31/31/31/31/31
x1 31/X/31/31/31/31
x2 31/31/X/31/31/31
x2 31/31/31/X/31/31
x1 31/31/31/31/31/X

Natiko

Banned
The lack of a move tutor in this game makes me sad. I really want a good Gible with stealth rock, but I know I'll never be patient enough to try and breed in B2/W2.

JackHerer

I'm sure this has been brought up before but I wanna ask how people here feel about there being no 6v6 singles battle option on Battle Spot. Don't get me wrong I love the other modes, I have been doing a ton of triple battles lately and it can be really fun.

Still, I really would love 6v6 to be an option. Growing up playing pokemon, I've always considered 6v6 battles to be the standard, although I now realize that it is not, at least not in Japan.

I just love the the flow and strategy of 6v6. The only available alternative: 3v3 singles, seems just too limiting. It depends too much on getting lucky (or unlucky) with the pokemon match ups that you and your opponent choose. With 6v6 I feel like it is much more possible to have a well rounded team that leads to more interesting matches, unlike in 3v3 when it's like :"Oh well his lead completely counters mine, GG." That's an exaggeration, I know, but it sometimes feels like that. 6v6 also provides more possibility for epic comebacks than 3v3 does. I like long drawn out battles sometimes because to win them is just that much more rewarding.

The lack of 6v6 singles has really made me consider switching to a sim like Pokemon online or Showdown. I haven't been able to bring myself to do that yet because I love the animation and 3D models of X and Y. Plus it's much more fun to actually breed and raise the pokemon you use in battle rather than just checking them off the list in a team builder. It removes a lot of the magic for me. The last time I used a sim it was with the G/S/C meta, but from the screen shots I've seen of the common sims used today, the animation and overall presentation of battles seems pretty awful - especially for any Gen VI pokemon. The 3D rendered battle system is one of (if not the) best part of the game and there's really no comparison between sims and the real thing.

Ok, I'm done. Sorry for the wall of text I am presenting :)

JackHerer

I'm sure this has been brought up before but I wanna ask how people here feel about there being no 6v6 singles battle option on Battle Spot. Don't get me wrong I love the other modes, I have been doing a ton of triple battles lately and it can be really fun.

Still, I really would love 6v6 to be an option. Growing up playing pokemon, I've always considered 6v6 battles to be the standard, although I now realize that it is not, at least not in Japan.

I just love the the flow and strategy of 6v6. The only available alternative: 3v3 singles, seems just too limiting. It depends too much on getting lucky (or unlucky) with the pokemon match ups that you and your opponent choose. With 6v6 I feel like it is much more possible to have a well rounded team that leads to more interesting matches, unlike in 3v3 when it's like :"Oh well his lead completely counters mine, GG." That's an exaggeration I know, but it sometimes feels like that. 6v6 also provides more possibility for epic comebacks than 3v3 does. I like long drawn out battles sometimes because to win is just that much more rewarding.

The lack of 6v6 singles has really made me consider switching to a sim like Pokemon online or Showdown. I haven't been able to bring myself to do that yet because I love the animation and 3D models of X and Y. Plus it's much more fun to actually breed and raise the pokemon you use in battle rather than just checking them off the list in a team builder. It removes a lot of the magic for me. The last time I used a sim was when G/S/C was out, but from the screen shots I've seen of the common sims used today, the animation and overall presentation of battles seems pretty awful - especially for any Gen VI pokemon. The new beautifully 3D rendered battle system in X and Y is one of the best things about Gen VI and I dunno if I can abandon it just to satisfy my craving for 6v6 single battles.

I'm done, sorry for the wall of text I'm presenting to you guys.

TL;DR: Do you think 6v6 singles battles should be added to Battle Spot? Does its absence bother you? Do you think that they will ever create a 6v6 singles mode for online matchmaking?

MicH

I wish you could play triple and rotation battles with a friend. My gym would be awesome in a triple battle w/ Tailwind gimmick. Flying types can attack across the field. Would be fun

I haven't been able to bring myself to do that yet because I love the animation and 3D models of X and Y.
Funnily enough Showdown implemented the 3D models for most Pokémon.

I've always preferred sims since it is just so much less time to make a team and then fight instead of having to go into breeding/EV training/leveling up to 100 (since there's no auto level to 100 in XY).

Top Bottom