• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

When Gamefreak issued the mileage points from the Dream World covnersion, I used them all up to buy Rare Candies and Heart Scales. I haven't used the pokemon global link since then. I decided to sync my game again to bank in on the miles I've earned from trading and I see this on my page.

http://i.imgur.com/FeVKY0K.png

Is there any reason why it would be a negative number???

Edit: here's an image of my history http://i.imgur.com/PHriIRv.png

Frost_Ace

Again, I have 5 IV Sassy Aroma Veil Spritzee in Premier Balls and 5 IV Calm Gooey Goomy in (if it matters) Ultra Balls. Let me know if you want one and what you want to trade! Breeding rejects are preferred but I'll take anything.

And as far as Female / Bold / Anticipation Eevee's I still have:

x1 X/31/31/31/31/31
x1 31/X/31/31/31/31
x2 31/31/X/31/31/31
x2 31/31/31/X/31/31
x1 31/31/31/31/31/X

Could I have one of these guys?

jelmerjt

I'm now looking for an American or Japanese 6 IV Ditto.

You get a male 5 IV Defog Pokerus Scyther (HP, Attack, Defense, Special Defense, Speed).

My friend code: 0018-0514-5258.

Wichu

Well this is odd. Official site shows a special Masuda Trainer Card, which will be given with autographs at the anniversary event of the Pokémon Centre in Nagoya.

Notice that it lists PokéMiles & Money at 758, but also lists Pokédex with that value.

What's the significance of 758, or is it just a random number? I'm sure that's just an editing error, since surely there can't be 37 more unobtainable Pokémon that somehow don't exist in the game's code yet :p

718...758...if it was 748 that would be a more likely typo. 46 hours though...Masuda is a banker. Speaking of which all formes+mega far exceed 758, right? Probably not worth thinking of.

Anyway speaking of these numbers I wonder traded with a 900+ hour trainer. They had done over 15,000 link trades.

Fury Sense

What's the significance of 758, or is it just a random number? I'm sure that's just an editing error, since surely there can't be 37 more unobtainable Pokémon that somehow don't exist in the game's code yet :p
Could they add more with a patch? There have already been 2 game-changing updates after all.

No, that's impossible. Patches are stored on the SD card, so if you remove the SD card the new Pokémon data would disappear.
Depends on if the game has a dummy Pokemon bulit-in. If you play Fire Emblem but don't own the DLC classes or skills (and streetpass someone whose team has these in) they show up as Outrealm Class and Outrealm Skill (essentially dummy slots).

But to contrast. Gran Turismo 5 on the PS3 if you deleted the patches that added new cars you kept the new cars (well they were undrivable and has no graphics) but the dummy data was bugged and you could sell the cars for obscene amounts of money. Given the track record on Pokemon I'd expect a scenario closer to this to happen.

Kind of confused with how the Stats Judge in Kiloude City works.
If he tells me my Pokemon has outstanding potential overall, says my greatest potential lies in attack, but my other stats (minus special defence) are equally as good, and that they simply can't be beat, what does that mean for my IV's?

Kind of confused with how the Stats Judge in Kiloude City works.
If he tells me my Pokemon has outstanding potential overall, says my greatest potential lies in attack, but my other stats (minus special defence) are equally as good, and that they simply can't be beat, what does that mean for my IV's?
Potential is total IV of all stats (min 0 max 186). Over 150 is outstanding.

Can't be beat is 31 in a given stat.

So basically it means 31/31/31/31/x/31.

Potential is total IV of all stats (min 0 max 186). Over 150 is outstanding.

Can't be beat is 31 in a given stat.

So basically it means 31/31/31/31/x/31.

Nice, so this means that I have a load of at least 4IV Modest Goomys (got a few 5IV ones as well) from trying to Masuda method.
Once I get a shiny Goomy, ideally a 6IV one, I'll Wonder Trade the 4IV ones, then if people want them I'll give the 5IV and 6IV ones out on here. Most have them have Gooey as their ability too.

But it's just adorable!

Fennekin.jpg
i should have never let it evolve lol

Well, there is that Strange Souvenir, and we still haven't seen the Pokemon that's based off of yet...

Boogiepop

And the rock gym has a complete team! Still not sure if it's decent at all and I'm sure it will need some tweaks as I go, but at least for now I've got something running. I guess I'll spend at least some of today working on my badge, too, so I can move towards being 100% ready.

I thought that was just me. Glad to know it's not, haha!

I just got in. Will hop online in a moment. :)

Edit: Still want the Eevee and shiny Omastar, correct?

Edit 2: Woot, thank you! Diggin' that shiny Vileplume. And thank you for the 6IV Gooey Goomy!!

So current shiny list still available looks like:

And as far as Female / Bold / Anticipation Eevee's I still have:

x1 X/31/31/31/31/31
x1 31/X/31/31/31/31
x2 31/31/X/31/31/31
x2 31/31/31/X/31/31
x1 31/31/31/31/31/X

What about the shiny I gave you? :(

Quest1

And the rock gym has a complete team! Still not sure if it's decent at all and I'm sure it will need some tweaks as I go, but at least for now I've got something running. I guess I'll spend at least some of today working on my badge, too, so I can move towards being 100% ready.

Can I commission someone to make me a cool badge? I'm just about done, too except for that. Maybe I'll just do the rising badge in pink and blue lol.

Actually, shiny Haxorus for anyone who makes me a badge that fits Wichu's theme for leader badges.

MicH

Yeah, I need someone to help me out with a badge as well :lol I can give a shiny perfect Beldum (Kalos bred) if anyone can help me

JoeM86

The 758 has been worked out.

The event is in Nagoya

758 is a common cipher for Nagoya: 7 = なな(nana), 5 = ご(go), 8 = やっつ(yattsu), 758 = Nagoya

Boogiepop

Okay, I've got a few prototypes for my badge whipped up. I realized shortly after starting that I of course have no talent for this. But here goes.
Gymbadge_zps4f0072db.png

The first thing I tried was supposed to be a sort of fossil deal.
Gymbadge2_zps56ca4129.png

Then I tried a cave aesthetic with stalactites/stalagmites.
Gymbadge3_zps49da8a3f.png

Then I kind of said screw it and tried making a haniwa.

So do any of these look even close to decent for a rock type badge? I'm entirely open for help/suggestions, because as I said, I seem to suck at this more than I expected.

Korosenai

I dont have any image editing software, so can someone pretty please make me a ghost badge? Im thinking maybe a purple badge with gengars eyes on it or something along those lines.

jelmerjt

I'm still looking for an American or Japanese 6 IV Ditto. I got scammed multiple times, so... :(

You get a male 5 IV Defog Pokerus Scyther (HP, Attack, Defense, Special Defense, Speed).

I'm still looking for an American or Japanese 6 IV Ditto. I got scammed multiple times, so... :(

Aww dude, please tell me you didn't hit the GTS. What I was trying to say is I don't have a 5IV male Togetic, but I can clone you a 6IV JPN Ditto that Sigmaah brought to PokeGAF.

jelmerjt

Aww dude, please tell me you didn't hit the GTS. What I was trying to say is I don't have a 5IV male Togetic, but I can clone you a 6IV JPN Ditto that Sigmaah brought to PokeGAF.

Yeah I did lol. Oh well, I don't like legendary Pokemon anyway. Ok, Latios is awesome :p

6 IV Japanese Ditto? Sounds good :D

Wichu

Can I commission someone to make me a cool badge? I'm just about done, too except for that. Maybe I'll just do the rising badge in pink and blue lol.

Actually, shiny Haxorus for anyone who makes me a badge that fits Wichu's theme for leader badges.

Yeah, I need someone to help me out with a badge as well :lol I can give a shiny perfect Beldum (Kalos bred) if anyone can help me

Lol. Same here as well.

Okay, I've got a few prototypes for my badge whipped up. I realized shortly after starting that I of course have no talent for this. But here goes.
Gymbadge_zps4f0072db.png

The first thing I tried was supposed to be a sort of fossil deal.
Gymbadge2_zps56ca4129.png

Then I tried a cave aesthetic with stalactites/stalagmites.
Gymbadge3_zps49da8a3f.png

Then I kind of said screw it and tried making a haniwa.

So do any of these look even close to decent for a rock type badge? I'm entirely open for help/suggestions, because as I said, I seem to suck at this more than I expected.

I dont have any image editing software, so can someone pretty please make me a ghost badge? Im thinking maybe a purple badge with gengars eyes on it or something along those lines.

I'll see what I can come up with.

My first idea for a Dragon badge was a dragon head, but that ended up turning into a pretty neat Rock badge with a dinosaur skull:
94QLLOM.png

JulianImp

Here're two (rough) badge designs. The ice-type one probably uses way too many colors (eight), and the flying one is kind of desaturated (to distinguish it from the ice badge), though.

Storm badge (flying):
anyPd1T.gif

Permafrost Badge (ice):
c68rAWR.gif

All these are pending aproval by their respective owners (and Wichu, of course), and I'm currently thinking up some of the remaining ones.

Wichu

Permafrost Badge (ice):
c68rAWR.gif

My idea for the Ice badge was a snowflake, since we're working within a hexagonal shape:
aOofSQh.png

Bonus Ghost badge:
e9frVUD.png

EDIT: Upped contrast:
jCBG4Wh.png

EDIT 2: Quoting my original post on the badge style:
Template illustrating the shading style:
i0FiYRI1WoG1a.png

The edge outline colour has to be the same across all badges, since the small versions will be sharing edges when arranged as above. The upper-left and lower-left edges of the badge have highlights and shadows to give it depth.
Otherwise, each badge should use white for the main design, outlined in the darker shade of the main colour. The lighter shade can be used to smooth edges inside the white area. On the lower-right edge of the badge, white is replaced by the light badge colour, while on the top-left, the dark colour is replaced by the base colour.

Each badge uses only five colours: dark grey (used only around the outside of the badge), three shades of the main colour, and white (used for the design).

JulianImp

My idea for the Ice badge was a snowflake, since we're working within a hexagonal shape:
aOofSQh.png

Bonus Ghost badge:
e9frVUD.png

EDIT: Upped contrast:
jCBG4Wh.png

EDIT 2: Quoting my original post on the badge style:

Each badge uses only five colours: dark grey (used only around the outside of the badge), three shades of the main colour, and white (used for the design).

Yeah, I thought it'd be stepping on the cobweb design, hence the icy mountain. It looks different enough now that I see it, though.

The cloud does use five colors (perhaps a sixth on some part where the transparent shading overlay was on top of the cloud, but that can be fixed.

For the fairy gym I was thinking something along the lines of pixie dust, like
0VHqjjH.gif

I need something with rain drops.

The contrast is kind of wonky, but that'd probably be
xuJZ7Sg.gif

Add
xuJZ7Sg.gif
to your mana pool

MicH

I think MicH suggested making the Flying badge have a tornado design, actually. I'll see how that looks.
I did suggest that, but I think it's too hard to do with such little space available. If you can make it work somehow that would be very cool!

Boogiepop

I'll see what I can come up with.

My first idea for a Dragon badge was a dragon head, but that ended up turning into a pretty neat Rock badge with a dinosaur skull:
94QLLOM.png

Oh dang, that blows my attempts out of the water handily. And I completely missed the colors thing. That explains at least partly why my attempts were looking out of place (other than sucking, of course!) I was also trying a helix fossil design earlier but it only half worked, and then I realized my team didn't have Omastar and felt dishonest, so I gave up on that.

Wichu

The contrast is kind of wonky, but that'd probably be
xuJZ7Sg.gif

Add
xuJZ7Sg.gif
to your mana pool
Mind if I change the background to blue and add a border around the white design? Also, you're using a different shade of grey for the outer border; all the badges must have the same shade since they share borders when tessellated together.

looks more like the Water Energy symbol from the Pokémon TCG
I did suggest that, but I think it's too hard to do with such little space available. If you can make it work somehow that would be very cool!

Here's my attempt:
bUocet8.png

JulianImp

Mind if I change the background to blue and add a border around the white design? Also, you're using a different shade of grey for the outer border; all the badges must have the same shade since they share borders when tessellated together.

looks more like the Water Energy symbol from the Pokémon TCG

Here's my attempt:
bUocet8.png

The tornado looks good! I'd say a name such as Typhoon Badge would be more fitting than "Storm", given the badge's drawing.

I probably messed the border's shade up while shifting the hue of the badge's inside by mis-selecting that part as well.

I'd actually say they're one and the same for the most part.

JulianImp

...I got a bit carried away editing it and now it looks completely different :p
hXJTzhj.png

I'd say lengthen the horizontal shade by a pixel to compensate, possibly stretching the diagonal shade one pixel to the right as well.

Also, you should try adding the droplet's "tail" back at the top.

Edit: my "fix":
iUzBGCO.gif

Also, you can use palleted gifs for half the file size (250 -> 125 bytes). Not that it matters much in this day and age, though. :p

MicH

The tornado looks good! I'd say a name such as Typhoon Badge would be more fitting than "Storm", given the badge's drawing.

I probably messed the border's shade up while shifting the hue of the badge's inside by mis-selecting that part as well.

I'd actually say they're one and the same for the most part.
Typhoon is a great name for the badge, I think I'll change the badge name t that :D

Wichu

I'd say lengthen the horizontal shade by a pixel to compensate, possibly stretching the diagonal shade one pixel to the right as well.

Not sure what you mean by this, but I'll try your other suggestion.

Meanwhile, here's the ones I've made so far in one image:
vxNatwU.png

Wichu

I was thinking about ways to do the fighting-type badge without using a fist...

Would something such as this work?
CcaOSzg.gif

That's pretty clever. I like it the idea, though you should check with Alchemy.

Also, how about a harder black for the badge borders, as so?
AiPd9Sq.png

This has the advantage of making the Dark badge not look strange (with grey borders, the background colour of the badge is darker than the border).

Alchemy

I was thinking about ways to do the fighting-type badge without using a fist...

Would something such as this work?
CcaOSzg.gif

Looks good. I was hoping to do something based on the Pride FC logo (link) with the hand holding the lightning bolt, but the size constraints might make that impossible.

Top Bottom