• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

one_kill

Finally back at the 1700's again on Battlespot. Slowbro and Clefable are worth their weight in gold. Mega Lucario is amazing and I still haven't lost a single mon to Talonflame yet!
That said, I'm in need of a decent fairy killer after being swept by a specs pixelate Sylveon and numerous Mega Gardevoirs. Any suggestions? :)

Also looking for a HA Gothitelle or one of its pre evo's.
Escavalier

stabi

Neo Member
x1 Lv 35 Shiny Braxien // Naive , Magician, X/31/X/31/X/X (none at 0)
x1 Lv 100 Shiny Omastar // Modest, Shell Armor
x1 Lv 100 Shiny Magmortar // Adamant, Flame Body, 31/31/31/31/31/31
x1 Lv 50 Shiny Moltres // Modest, Pressure
x1 Lv 46 Shiny Ho-Oh // Gentle, Pressure
x1 Lv 3 Shiny Mankey // Lax, Vital Spirit
x1 Lv 100 Shiny Salamence // Naughty, Moxie, 31/31/X/X/X/X (don't recall any at 0)
x1 Lv 52 Shiny Ledian // Adamant, Swarm, 31/31/31/31/31/31, Pokerus
x1 Lv 59 Shiny Dragonite // Brave, Inner Focus
x1 Lv 79 Shiny Regigigas // Bashful, Slow Start
x1 Lv 100 Shiny Metagross // Gentle, Light Metal
x1 Lv 100 Shiny Genesect // Hasty, Download, 31/31/31/31/31/31, Pokerus

Shinies in return for them would be cool but willing to hear out offers. Not all are ENG so if that matters ask first. If you have a question regarding moves, let me know.

Also have a 5IV female Eevee if anyone is interested that popped out yesterday.

Bold, Anticipation, X/31/31/31/31/31, egg moves (Covet, Wish, Yawn, Charm)

Willing to take whatever for her, as I imagine she'd be a good breeding prospect for someone.

I'm very much interested by the genesec to complete my dex !

I don't have yet perfect IV mons to trade and that my next step. I'm looking for ditto as perfect as can be. I'd prefer any language but French and Japanese for Matsuda

I'm also looking for:
- event legendaries I missed out the past years to finish (Deoxys, Shaymin, Darkrai, Meloetta, Keldeo)
- and shinies too

I can give every breedable pokemon

I have a few hidden ability mons:
- eevee, lvl 10 Male. Hasty (with pretty bad IV I guess)
- pachirisu lvl 56 Female, Lax
- Minccino lvl 20 Male, Brave
- braviary, lvl25 Male, Quiet
- Deerling ( nicknamed), lvl 31, Brave

Here my shinies to trade:
-Piloswine
-Houndour

And here's my legendaries trading list:
-Heatran
-Uxie
-Mesprit
-Raikou
-Manaphy/Fione
-Cresselia
-Terrakion
-Cobalion
-Virizion
-Regirock
-Regice
-Demeteros
-Kyurem
-Celebi
-Mewtwo
-Groudon
-Artikodin
-Electhor

Please PM if you're interested

Kirlia

Banned

I don't have yet perfect IV mons to trade and that my next step. I'm looking for ditto as perfect as can be. I'd prefer any language but French and Japanese for Matsuda

I'm also looking for:
- event legendaries I missed out the past years to finish (Deoxys, Shaymin, Darkrai, Meloetta, Keldeo)
- and shinies too

I can give every breedable pokemon

I have a few hidden ability mons:
- eevee, lvl 10 Male. Hasty (with pretty bad IV I guess)
- pachirisu lvl 56 Female, Lax
- Minccino lvl 20 Male, Brave
- braviary, lvl25 Male, Quiet
- Deerling ( nicknamed), lvl 31, Brave

Here my shinies to trade:
-Piloswine
-Houndour

And here's my legendaries trading list:
-Heatran
-Uxie
-Mesprit
-Raikou
-Manaphy/Fione
-Cresselia
-Terrakion
-Cobalion
-Virizion
-Regirock
-Regice
-Demeteros
-Kyurem
-Celebi
-Mewtwo
-Groudon
-Artikodin
-Electhor

Please PM if you're interested

Sent you a PM.

Usobuko

Banned
Finally back at the 1700's again on Battlespot. Slowbro and Clefable are worth their weight in gold. Mega Lucario is amazing and I still haven't lost a single mon to Talonflame yet!
That said, I'm in need of a decent fairy killer after being swept by a specs pixelate Sylveon and numerous Mega Gardevoirs. Any suggestions? :)

Also looking for a HA Gothitelle or one of its pre evo's.

CB Scizor.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Could someone hook me up with a Growlithe? I have 4 different copies of pokemon games spanning 4 different gens and NONE of them have Growlithe available. Crazy...

fc 0447 6316 1139

Muku

Haha well even though it's not worth much since I caught it in a horde I wondered if you realized I gave you a shiny Weepinbell for your collection. That's all XD

Yes. I made note of it in an update shortly after thanking you for it.

Sorry, but it's already gone. :( It's not my most recent list. I update the most recent one posted. Sorry! Though was shiny. You'd probably be better off by collecting non shiny versions of stuff first. Some folks might have some of the legendaries you need lying around.

Kirlia

Banned
Sorry, but it's already gone. :( It's not my most recent list. I update the most recent one posted. Sorry! Though was shiny. You'd probably be better off by collecting non shiny versions of stuff first. Some folks might have some of the legendaries you need lying around.

It's okay; I have an extra (non-shiny) Genesect reserved for them.

Muku

Off topic real quick: but I have DST turned off. I don't remember having this issue last year. Wake up and it's putting everything an hour ahead. Totally throwing me off since DST doesn't exist here. Any ideas? :/

backlot

Off topic real quick: but I have DST turned off. I don't remember having this issue last year. Wake up and it's putting everything an hour ahead. Totally throwing me off since DST doesn't exist here. Any ideas? :/

Doesn't it just use whatever time your 3DS is set to?

Anustart

I wish there was a way to see what pokemon you already have in the box when out catching them. I'm up to over 300 in my box and it's getting tough knowing if I already have them or not :/

Joe do you have a guide on your website for newbies who haven't played since gen 1 EVs and IVs @_@

There are some pretty good videos on youtube to help explain. EVs and IVs explained

Essentially EVs are extra training, and IVs are genetics. I think you are very early game, correct? Theres virtually nothing you can do to change the IVs since your pokemon are born with them. (The Fennekin I gave you might have decent IVs, I know it had it's hidden ability.) The EVs are something you could work on with the training minigame (punching bag thing on the bottom screen), but its a lot easier to EV train in post game.

HUELEN10

Just got Pokemon Y, and everything on the OP scares me. Only Pokemon experience is about 15-20 hours in Diamond in which I couldn't fine Team Galactic after going to the mining town and so I dropped it. Everything I've searched is way too overwhelming and confusing for a beginner. Any total-newbie advice and tips on how and why to play, and what's fun about it? Since it was free, I feel like knowing that I have nothing to lose might make it easier to grasp in the back of my mind, since I won't be putting it as a chore of sorts.

spiritfox

Just got Pokemon Y, and everything on the OP scares me. Only Pokemon experience is about 15-20 hours in Diamond in which I couldn't fine Team Galactic after going to the mining town and so I dropped it. Everything I've searched is way too overwhelming and confusing for a beginner. Any total-newbie advice and tips on how and why to play, and what's fun about it? Since it was free, I feel like knowing that I have nothing to lose might make it easier to grasp in the back of my mind, since I won't be putting it as a chore of sorts.

Ignore the OP. The main game is easy enough you can do pretty much anything and still win the game. Just try to take advantage to type weaknesses and resistances, and it'll be handy to keep a wiki handy just to check up on Pokemon types, though most of them wear their types on their sleeves.

one_kill

Just play it without worrying about some of the things talked about in here
XY is beginner friendly

HUELEN10

Ignore the OP. The main game is easy enough you can do pretty much anything and still win the game. Just try to take advantage to type weaknesses and resistances, and it'll be handy to keep a wiki handy just to check up on Pokemon types, though most of them wear their types on their sleeves.

What are you supposed to do though? I mean, how should one progress? Should one try to beat the people to get those badges, or hunt the Pokemon, or what? Should one get every single one, or do that after the game, or how does that work? Is Y more linear than Diamond? If so, that would make it easier. I was very bad at Diamond.

spiritfox

What are you supposed to do though? I mean, how should one progress? Should one try to beat the people to get those badges, or hunt the Pokemon, or what? Should one get every single one, or do that after the game, or how does that work? Is Y more linear than Diamond? If so, that would make it easier. I was very bad at Diamond.

Walk down the linear path in front of you, fight everyone there, and catch whatever. You'll need to get the badges to progress anyway.

This game was designed for children, you'll be fine.

skasaha

Neo Member

you technically only need to defeat the 8 gym leaders and team flare (which you will know as it's in the storyline). it's pretty linear and straightforward. you can catch whoever you like, you can catch all of them or none of them as you wish.

HUELEN10

This game was designed for children, you'll be fine.
I sure as hell wasn't fine in Diamond. 15-20 hours and I still couldn't find Team Galactic.
you technically only need to defeat the 8 gym leaders and team flare (which you will know as it's in the storyline). it's pretty linear and straightforward. you can catch whoever you like, you can catch all of them or none of them as you wish.
Sounds a lot more linear than Diamond. So you don't need to get certain Pokemon and can just do what you want along the way? That sounds very beginner friendly!

Thanks for all the tips guys.

I wish there was a way to see what pokemon you already have in the box when out catching them. I'm up to over 300 in my box and it's getting tough knowing if I already have them or not :/

If you've caught the species/evolutionary form before, there will be a little white Pokeball logo next to the foe's health. If there's no icon, that species' evolutionary step hasn't yet been "caught" (fully registered in the Pokedex).

One of us! One of us!

I sure as hell wasn't fine in Diamond. 15-20 hours and I still couldn't find Team Galactic.

Sounds a lot more linear than Diamond. So you don't need to get certain Pokemon and can just do what you want along the way? That sounds very beginner friendly!

Well, in situations like that it's best just to ask google or GAF rather than give up. You didn't get stuck because it was hard, you probably just missed something important.

And you do need Pokemon with certain moves to get through the game. Something that can learn Fly for fast travel, something that can Surf for crossing water etc.

Kangi

Haven't played for months, went to do a battle blindly.

Six legendary teams. Six legendary teams everywhere.

So I swept all of their dragon legendaries with Ice Beam Protean Greninja.

Black Mamba, if you can read this, I hope you enjoy Jolly Iron Fist Chimchar with egg moves. I also hope you didn't need Oshawott, as it does me little good with a complete, living Dex. If there's something else you want, I hope you can let me know. Random in-game trades suffer a huge lack of communication.

Usobuko

Banned
People who bred their pokemon with specific ball type like luxry, premier or even apricot balls. Is it possible to share these goodies? Pokeball is too ugly whenever I wanna try and build another 6v6 singles team :/

MicH

People who bred their pokemon with specific ball type like luxry, premier or even apricot balls. Is it possible to share these goodies? Pokeball is too ugly whenever I wanna try and build another 6v6 singles team :/
I should have some various female luxury ball rejects. I can send/post a list later today

EDIT Here's what I got. All female, all in luxury balls and all are up for grabs. Let me know what you want if you want any of them:

1x Jolly Reckless Starly w/ Double-Edge
1x Calm Serene Grace Togepi w/ Extrasensory, Nasty Plot
2x Bold Magic Guard Sigilyph w/ Psycho Shift, Stored Power
1x Timid Infiltrator Noibat
5x Naive Sheer Force Bagon w/ Dragon Dance, Hydro Pump
3x Brave Lightningrod Cubone w/ Iron Head
2x Relaxed Regenerator Tangela
7x Timid Hustle Nidoran(F)
1x Jolly Moxie Scraggy w/ Dragon Dance, Drain Punch, Ice Punch
1x Modest Swift Swim Lotad w/ Giga Drain
2x Jolly Water Veil Buizel w/ Baton Pass, Switchero
1x Jolly Swift Swim Buizl w/ Baton Pass, Switchero
1x Jolly Run Away Aipom w/ Fake Out, Beat Up
3x Bold Prankster Cottonee w/ Encore
2x Brave No Guard Karrablast w/ Megahorn, Drill Run, Knock Off
5x Jolly Skill Link Minccino w/ Iron Tail, Aqua Tail, Knock Off
1x Timid Protean Froakie w/ Toxic Spikes
1x Careful Frisk Phantump
1x Careful Harvest Phantump
1x Timid Drought Vulpix w/ Extrasensory
1x Timid Compound Eyes Joltik
1x Jolly Regenerator Mienfoo w/ Knock Off
1x Adamant Scrappy Kangaskhan
2x Adamant Early Bird Kangaskhan
1x Timid Synchronize Ralts w/ Mean Look, Destiny Bond
3x Timid Trace Ralts w/ Mean Look, Destiny Bond
1x Jolly Hustle Darumaka
3x Adamant Intimidate Mawile w/ Ice Fang, Fire Fang, Sucker Punch

Usobuko

Banned
I should have some various female luxury ball rejects. I can send/post a list later today

EDIT Here's what I got. All female, all in luxury balls and all are up for grabs. Let me know what you want if you want any of them:

1x Jolly Reckless Starly w/ Double-Edge
1x Calm Serene Grace Togepi w/ Extrasensory, Nasty Plot
2x Bold Magic Guard Sigilyph w/ Psycho Shift, Stored Power
1x Timid Infiltrator Noibat
5x Naive Sheer Force Bagon w/ Dragon Dance, Hydro Pump
3x Brave Lightningrod Cubone w/ Iron Head
2x Relaxed Regenerator Tangela
7x Timid Hustle Nidoran(F)
1x Jolly Moxie Scraggy w/ Dragon Dance, Drain Punch, Ice Punch
1x Modest Swift Swim Lotad w/ Giga Drain
2x Jolly Water Veil Buizel w/ Baton Pass, Switchero
1x Jolly Swift Swim Buizl w/ Baton Pass, Switchero
1x Jolly Run Away Aipom w/ Fake Out, Beat Up
3x Bold Prankster Cottonee w/ Encore
2x Brave No Guard Karrablast w/ Megahorn, Drill Run, Knock Off
5x Jolly Skill Link Minccino w/ Iron Tail, Aqua Tail, Knock Off
1x Timid Protean Froakie w/ Toxic Spikes
1x Careful Frisk Phantump
1x Careful Harvest Phantump
1x Timid Drought Vulpix w/ Extrasensory
1x Timid Compound Eyes Joltik
1x Jolly Regenerator Mienfoo w/ Knock Off
1x Adamant Scrappy Kangaskhan
2x Adamant Early Bird Kangaskhan
1x Timid Synchronize Ralts w/ Mean Look, Destiny Bond
3x Timid Trace Ralts w/ Mean Look, Destiny Bond
1x Jolly Hustle Darumaka
3x Adamant Intimidate Mawile w/ Ice Fang, Fire Fang, Sucker Punch

You have so much! I'll let you know another time when I finalize who I'm going to use. Thanks!

Ein Bear

Forgive the newbie question, but I'm playing through Pokemon Y at the minute, and am slightly confused by the power of some moves.

My Krokorok is just trying to learn Foul Play. Which has a power of 95, but is apparently also affected by the attack stat of the opposing Pokemon. What I'm not clear on is if 95 is the base power (i.e, that's the power the move has, even if the opposing Pokemon has the weakest attack stat in the game), or if it's the maximum power the move could have, under the best possible circumstances?

Thanks guys :)

DaBoss

Forgive the newbie question, but I'm playing through Pokemon Y at the minute, and am slightly confused by the power of some moves.

My Krokorok is just trying to learn Foul Play. Which has a power of 95, but is apparently also affected by the attack stat of the opposing Pokemon. What I'm not clear on is if 95 is the base power (i.e, that's the power the move has, even if the opposing Pokemon has the weakest attack stat in the game), or if it's the maximum power the move could have, under the best possible circumstances?

Thanks guys :)
It is the Base Power. That move uses the target's attack stat to determine the damage done to the target.

Quick question Pokéxperts about restarting my game. I know I can store all my Pokémon sans items in the bank and retrieve them on the new file. I've looked into it and I think the only thing I'm at risk of losing permanently is the Blazikenite stone? If I can find someone willing to hold that stone for a little while (or just go without), is there anything else I'm missing about depositing my Pokémon and starting a new file?

KiraFA37

Quick question Pokéxperts about restarting my game. I know I can store all my Pokémon sans items in the bank and retrieve them on the new file. I've looked into it and I think the only thing I'm at risk of losing permanently is the Blazikenite stone? If I can find someone willing to hold that stone for a little while (or just go without), is there anything else I'm missing about depositing my Pokémon and starting a new file?

Need to register a new sync ID to use global link and delete your old one. If you delete your old one you'll have to wait till maintenance is over before you can register a new one. Maintenance is on monday.

MicH

I swear to god all the Mantykes have gone extinct. I can't find any! I just want a Water Absorb one in a luxury ball :(

EDIT As always, complaining to GAF works. Got one!

Anustart

If you've caught the species/evolutionary form before, there will be a little white Pokeball logo next to the foe's health. If there's no icon, that species' evolutionary step hasn't yet been "caught" (fully registered in the Pokedex).

One of us! One of us!

Thank you for pointing that out! Saved me a lot of head ache.

Anustart

I'm pretty sure if I ever come across shinies I'm not even going to know it's shiny. Saw a video where some kid went nuts over a Uknown shiny and I couldn't tell a difference :/

Edit: Shit, double post, forgive me!

Hindl

Reposting here from trading thread if anyone can help

I have two trade requests that if anyone could help I would greatly appreciate.

The first one is a 6 IV ditto so if anyone could give me one that would be great. The next one is a bit of a pain so I'm not too hopeful. If anyone could get me a HA Eevee with Hyper Voice and Wish that would be amazing. But that would require Gen 5 trading and could be frustrating so that's not neccessary.

I don't have IV stuff since I don't have a perfect Ditto, but I can offer people

Beldum
Squirtle
Mudkip
Growlithe
Chespin

Any help on either of those requests would be awesome!

Boogiepop

I'm pretty sure if I ever come across shinies I'm not even going to know it's shiny. Saw a video where some kid went nuts over a Uknown shiny and I couldn't tell a difference :/

Edit: Shit, double post, forgive me!

They sparkle, which helps with some of the less obvious shinies for sure. I'm always worried I'm going to miss one popping up while mass breeding for competitive stuff, though, because I'm never paying much attention while hatching stuff.

Muku

They sparkle, which helps with some of the less obvious shinies for sure. I'm always worried I'm going to miss one popping up while mass breeding for competitive stuff, though, because I'm never paying much attention while hatching stuff.

It also has a noise part too, yes? From what I recall. I mainly play with music off so I pay a lot of attention to animation. (Since the Pokemon I keep finding in wild are ones I wouldn't notice otherwise.)

Though, while breeding have to keep your eyes open. There is no fanfare when hatching them. Some are noticeable in changes. Others, after hatching the five, I go and check for the shiny star.

Usobuko

Banned
Any idea when GAF gym will launch? It was said to be in 2 weeks time on IRC but a week and a half has already passed. I think most people are just testing their teams meanwhile.

Top Bottom