• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

backlot

After about a week and five shinies with the wrong IV's, I finally got the 31/x/31/31/31/0 spread I was looking for:
BiVQxklIMAAi1Pe.jpg

So happy with it!

backlot

Five shinies? I'm new to this who breeding lark (despite playing since Blue) but how would one go about yielding such results?

Masuda Method and Shiny Charm. I don't know how many total eggs it took but the parent Mareep I used grew from level 1 to 84 in the daycare.

lupinko

Anyone have a Lucario with thunder punch? I'm trying to breed a 6IV shiny riolu with thunder punch, sky uppercut and blaze kick. The latter moves supplied by my Event Blaziken.

I tried GTS but someone just gave me a vanilla Lucario instead.

Ice punch lucario would be nice too.

Edit: got it via trade

Alchemy

Any idea when GAF gym will launch? It was said to be in 2 weeks time on IRC but a week and a half has already passed. I think most people are just testing their teams meanwhile.

I'm ready to go whenever, just need to stick the gym badge in my avatar. Team is sitting in my battle box.

one_kill

Just fought a Slurpuff... and wow that thing is amazing after Belly Drum. I was surprised when it was faster than my scarfed sweepers.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Can someone answer my question about pokeBank? I was just wondering if I could still transfer my 'mons in my bank to a brand new saved game.

Don't want to start a new journey if I can't access my bank'd 'mons is all.

one_kill

Can someone answer my question about pokeBank? I was just wondering if I could still transfer my 'mons in my bank to a brand new saved game.

Yeah you can. The only thing you can't transfer are items unless you pass items you want to keep to someone else.

Muku

You can. Only thing you'll miss out on is the mega stones. You'd have to have someone hold on to those for you. If you're on the PGL site you'll get a new ID that you'd have to register (after you unregister your old one). Also lose out on the Pokemiles. If you don't care about any of that though then you can jump right into tossing them in bank then restarting.

Edit: Beaten.

Put a Darumaka up in wonder trade and decided to see how many trades it'd take for me to get something I didn't have. Only took about 4 before I got a Koffing. Still trying to decide what to do with my extra Groudon and Rayquaza since there's basically nothing I'd take in a straight trade for them.

lupinko

So I don't bother wasting my time, if I mate two Lucario, will egg moves be carried over like the ones I got from my Blaziken? If they don't then I'm just going to breed for perfect Shiny Riolu in a dream ball.

And I have a 5IV Growlithe if anyone wants.

Edit: adamant/intimidate male in quick ball.

Usobuko

Banned
Choice Specs Modest Adaptability Porygon-Z Hyper Beam

My god

Stronger than Choice Specs Modest Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Beam

252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Porygon-Z Hyper Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Togekiss: 362-426 (96.7 - 113.9%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Togekiss: 306-360 (81.8 - 96.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

notbad.gif

ST2K

So I started a new file in X, walked into Santalune Forest, and the third wild Pokemon I ran into was a shiny Pansage.

Why can't I get this lucky with Pokemon that are actually worth a damn?

Muku

So I started a new file in X, walked into Santalune Forest, and the third wild Pokemon I ran into was a shiny Pansage.

Why can't I get this lucky with Pokemon that are actually worth a damn?

Because then you might use them! Though in all seriousness, I agree. Ones I've found in wild are shit I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole to use or find interesting.

Hindl

You just looking for any Ditto, the 6IV one, one with specific IV's, or foreign Ditto?

I'm actually looking for one too, I'd want a Ditto with as close to 6 IVs as possible if anyone has any available. Since I don't have one I can't get perfect IVs for these, but I can offer Growlithe, Beldum, Bulbasaur, Larvesta and Mudkip. Plus I have a few others, but I don't have my 3ds on me to check right now. If anyone could help me out that would be great

So I don't bother wasting my time, if I mate two Lucario, will egg moves be carried over like the ones I got from my Blaziken? If they don't then I'm just going to breed for perfect Shiny Riolu in a dream ball.

And I have a 5IV Growlithe if anyone wants.

Edit: adamant/intimidate male in quick ball.

As far as I can tell if they're egg moves they'll pass down.

lupinko

As far as I can tell if they're egg moves they'll pass down.

Oh cool, then I'll give it a shot.

Because then you might use them! Though in all seriousness, I agree. Ones I've found in wild are shit I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole to use or find interesting.

I agree!

In my recent history of coming back to pokemon last October having not played since Blue on GB, I've caught Shinies for Pidgey (yay!), Furfrou (since traded to quoted poster), and Snubbull in X, and in pearl I caught a random Shiny Ponyta (forever going to remain Ponyta) and Shiny Palkia. I'm trying for various other Shinies right now in Pearl/Diamond/White/LeafGreen/Emerald/Ruby, and whenever I get around to getting a Wii VGA cable I'll try again for Shiny Jirachi from that Pokemon coliseum bonus disc I have.

I'm happy with most of my Shinies.

Wichu

and whenever I get around to getting a Wii VGA cable I'll try again for Shiny Jirachi from that Pokemon coliseum bonus disc I have.

What's the process for this like? Sounds like it will take forever :|

And you won't even be able to transfer it to X/Y, since Game Freak refuses to acknowledge shiny Jirachi is possible...

Is it okay to ask for some pokedit advice?

I can't successfully generate a legit Sucker Punch Victreebel for the life of it. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Maybe GF doesn't acknowledge SP on Victreebel as legit or I'm doing something wrong about how I obtained it. But it could learn SP in Soul Silver as a tutor move. Hmmm..
Any clues?

After about a week and five shinies with the wrong IV's, I finally got the 31/x/31/31/31/0 spread I was looking for:
BiVQxklIMAAi1Pe.jpg

So happy with it!

Happy for you mate... I'm going crazy trying to get my male shiny good iv Gligar in a Moon Ball.... So far I got two female shinies with 4 IVs.... so I'm still a long ways aways.

After this, I just need to breed my male shiny with 5-6IV HA Froakie and I"ll be done with my shiny breeding forever!

Speaking of which, if anyone has any 6IV Japanese male froakie, or a 6IV female Japanese froakie with it's Hidden Ability and in a luxary ball, I'd happily give you either shiny gligar mentioned above, or a male 6IV gligar.

And yes, they're all in a Moon Ball. K thx bye.

one_kill

Is it okay to ask for some pokedit advice?

I can't successfully generate a legit Sucker Punch Victreebel for the life of it. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Maybe GF doesn't acknowledge SP on Victreebel as legit or I'm doing something wrong about how I obtained it. But it could learn SP in Soul Silver as a tutor move. Hmmm..
Any clues?
You're doing something wrong
Why not just get one from Pokecheck?

Anustart

What have you done to me GAF?????

I've seen several people mention putting their pokes in Luxury Balls, I looked at the luxury ball and said to myself, "You know, those do look a lot better!"

I released all my pokes and now I'm going back and catching them in Luxury Balls, looking right now for mostly females since those will be passed down during breeding.

I have decided that I'm going to spend Spring Break working on two things:

1) Schoolwork
2) Pokedex

If somebody else can take over the grass gym then that will be great. Sorry, guys. </3

MicH

What have you done to me GAF?????

I've seen several people mention putting their pokes in Luxury Balls, I looked at the luxury ball and said to myself, "You know, those do look a lot better!"

I released all my pokes and now I'm going back and catching them in Luxury Balls, looking right now for mostly females since those will be passed down during breeding.
Yes!

Luxury balls are the only way to contain your Pokemon. It is so worth it. Welcome to the club!

Top Bottom