• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Anustart

You can get the gen 1 and 6 Pokemon in Luxury Balls from the Friend Safari. None of the others though.

Right now I'm only worried about gen 6, so that's perfect! Although I only have Fennekin in my safari. Is there a place on gaf where I can have people add me and I can add them to bolster my safari?

Anustart

Okay, now that I've finished the game, anyone willing to clone a 6iv ditto for me? I'm ready to start breeding :3

Also, is there anything I should save this master ball for? Anything ridiculously hard to catch, or should I hold onto it incase I run across some rare shiny that hurts itself?

Soiks

Hi Pokegaf,

I've got a bunch of 4 IV Venipede's here with the Speed Boost ability, a Jolly Nature, plus Spikes and Toxic Spikes in their moveset. I figure most of you who will have wanted to breed one will probably have one already but doesn't hurt to offer them before they go into the nether of Wonder Trade. Anyone want one?

So am I correct in saying that you and a friend can't randomly fight two others in a multi battle? In order to multi battle you have to invite all 3 people?

Calm Mind Blissey has swept three teams as my last Pokemon standing today. I just took out 4 of this guy's Pokemon with it.

I'm guessing all of the dudes who get destroyed by it were raging so hard...People seem to underestimate her SpA.

Muku

...and in pearl I caught a random Shiny Ponyta (forever going to remain Ponyta) and Shiny Palkia. I'm trying for various other Shinies right now in Pearl/Diamond/White/LeafGreen/Emerald/Ruby, and whenever I get around to getting a Wii VGA cable I'll try again for Shiny Jirachi from that Pokemon coliseum bonus disc I have.

I'm happy with most of my Shinies.

Holy cow, some of you guys had amazing luck with shinies. o_O First wild shiny I've ever found was in X. And that was after I got the shiny charm. :( But... I'm glad to know I'm not only one that knows that shiny Ponyta is superior to shiny Rapidash. Shiny Ponyta that I have is NEVER evolving. Why would it go from an awesome blue to bleh gray?

I'm happy with most of my shinies, but that's because I bred to get them. I don't have much luck in wild. Though in recent breeding attempts not having as much luck as I did before getting shiny charm. Not saying it's bringing me down, just feel like the RNG is crapping on me now though hard core.

Wichu

Been testing my doubles gym team online. I lost a couple of battles today, but I know what mistakes I made and I'm trying to avoid making those again. If I could go back and choose the correct moves instead, I think I might have been able to avoid those losses
apart from the time someone challenged me with SD/ES Arceus and Mega Mewtwo Y - there's not much you can do against those with a no-ubers mono-Poison team

So yeah, come at me GAF (once the league starts) - I'll be waiting ;)

Wichu

Speaking of GAF League, I went and updated the google doc.

If anybody wants a gym, well, there you go.

Might want to say that it's the Grass gym up for grabs. Sad to hear that you're dropping out this close to us starting :(

So yeah, anyone who's a big fan of Grass-types (or wants to try them out), we need you!

I'm really liking the various Grass support moves/abilities in gen 6 (sucks that Florges isn't a Grass-type, though). Pretty sure you could do something with Grassy Terrain or Rototiller (or maybe run Cherrim and Sunny Day). If I wasn't already running the Poison gym, I'd be all over this.

JulianImp

Speaking of GAF League, I went and updated the google doc.

If anybody wants a gym, well, there you go.

In case people are interested, this means the Grass gym leader's spot is currently open.

Please post how many pokémon you've already got that could be used for your gym team. In case more than one person wants to take the spot, we'll give it to whoever's closer to finishing their team, to lessen delays to league's launch as much as possible.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Wichu, but I guess the tiebreaker clause could help speed things up.

Usobuko

Banned
Been testing my doubles gym team online. I lost a couple of battles today, but I know what mistakes I made and I'm trying to avoid making those again. If I could go back and choose the correct moves instead, I think I might have been able to avoid those losses
apart from the time someone challenged me with SD/ES Arceus and Mega Mewtwo Y - there's not much you can do against those with a no-ubers mono-Poison team

So yeah, come at me GAF (once the league starts) - I'll be waiting ;)

Are you still doing the OT?

I think the consensus is to launch on 14/15 ( Friday / Saturday ) and if there is no replacement for Grass or a replacement that comes late, the gym will be closed and given a few more days grace before it open to the public. Meanwhile the rest of the Gym leaders will be accepting challenges. Most of are beta-testing their teams atm.

Quest1

Does anyone have a spare ability capsule? I can trade you a shiny excadrill for it!

Also, does anyone have any leftover breeding tyrunt, or a a 5iv trained jolly Tyrantrum I can clone? I can give you a shiny Greninja clone for it! Lemme know.

macklelol

Does anyone have a spare ability capsule? I can trade you a shiny excadrill for it!

Also, does anyone have any leftover breeding tyrunt, or a a 5iv trained jolly Tyrantrum I can clone? I can give you a shiny Greninja clone for it! Lemme know.

I have a spare ability capsule.

Muku

I'm actually looking for one too, I'd want a Ditto with as close to 6 IVs as possible if anyone has any available. Since I don't have one I can't get perfect IVs for these, but I can offer Growlithe, Beldum, Bulbasaur, Larvesta and Mudkip. Plus I have a few others, but I don't have my 3ds on me to check right now. If anyone could help me out that would be great

I have a 6IV Ditto for you.

6IV ones :) If not, any ditto will do.

Also have a 6IV Ditto for you. Though still not sure why you need three for breeding?

My FC is in my profile.

I also have an extra Ability Capsule if you need. On right now as well.

one_kill

I'm looking for Choice Specs or Gen VI shinies

atm I have the following shiny 5-6IV Pokemon for trade:
- Ariados
- Typhlosion (non beneficial nature)
- Dodrio
- Vileplume
- Venomoth
- Muk
- Weezing

I got some leftover Tyrunts, none of them have any good IV's though....

Looking for a Kalos born Articuno, will trade my soul for it. Let me know.

Good IVs needed, of course. Beneficial Nature or decent nature at the least.

Hindl

I have a 6IV Ditto for you.

Also have a 6IV Ditto for you. Though still not sure why you need three for breeding?

My FC is in my profile.

I also have an extra Ability Capsule if you need. On right now as well.

Thanks just added you.

FC is in profile and my NNID is jsf62592 but I'll post here too. Anything you want in particular?

FC: 4914-3163-3291

macklelol

I'm looking for Choice Specs or Gen VI shinies

atm I have the following shiny 5-6IV Pokemon for trade:
- Ariados
- Typhlosion (non beneficial nature)
- Dodrio
- Vileplume
- Venomoth
- Muk
- Weezing

I can get you Choice Specs, can give me anything in return for them.

Muku

Thanks just added you.

FC is in profile and my NNID is jsf62592 but I'll post here too. Anything you want in particular?

FC: 4914-3163-3291
Added you. IGN is Muku. What's your IGN? You can give whatever you'd like to give.

Edit: Nevermind, looks like you use same name here. But offline now. Will try to catch you when I can.
Eating lunch so not as on top of it as I should have been. D:

Muku

Wow, just threw 5 breeding rejects up on WT and actually got all 4/5 IV's in return. I'm amazed. Got a couple of 5IV Protean Froakie's I don't need if anyone would like:

x1 (Lv 1) Modest Protean Froakie 31/31/31/31/X/31 (Egg moves: Pound, Growl, Water Pulse, Round) - Male
x1 (Lv 21) Naughty Protean Froakie 31/31/31/31/X/31 (Egg moves: no idea) - Male

CrimsonN0

Huh, I'd completely forgotten that Octillery had Sniper.

Looking it up Choice Spec, Helping Hand, 100%HP Water Spout Critical wouldn't have taken out that Blissey in a complete 1HKO, but I had Sniper too and that allowed it.

Huh, I'd completely forgotten that Octillery had Sniper.

Looking it up Choice Spec, Helping Hand, 100%HP Water Spout Critical wouldn't have taken out that Blissey in a complete 1HKO, but I had Sniper and that allowed it.

I wonder if you could do a focus energy set like Kingdra. Could work in Trick Room.

CrimsonN0

I wonder if you could do a focus energy set like Kingdra. Could work in Trick Room.

Sadly, probably not unless someone Baton Passed it.

I have been using this Octillery in a Trick Room and pretty much literally any attack kills it or at least knock off 50% HP.

Also, it was Sniper plus all those other boosts added together that allowed it.
Hmm, though, looking at it without Helping Hand and Choice Specs it would still do a little more than 50% to a Blissey.

Muku

Well hot damn. Finally got my Shiny Bold Eevee. Going to become an Umbreon. 31/31/31/31/31/X on it, which isn't bad. I'd rather Attack have been nixed over Speed, but I don't think it'll make that much of a difference. Even has HA.

With that said though, I have a bunch of female with Anticipation and 5 IV's to give away from this breeding session. You can give me whatever for them.

Remember:
- All female Eevee's
- All Bold
- All Anticipation
- All egg moves of Covet, Wish, Yawn, Charm

x5 31/31/X/31/31/31
x7 31/31/31/X/31/31
x2 31/31/31/31/X/31
x4 31/31/31/31/31/X

Edit: Also, while cleaning boxes have some 6IV Pokemon to get rid of.

Ditto
x1 31/31/31/31/31/31 ~ Japanese

Eevee
x2 31/31/31/31/31/31 ~ Male/Bold/Run Away ~ Egg moves: Covet, Wish, Yawn, Charm
x3 31/31/31/31/31/31 ~ Male/Bold/Adaptability ~ Egg moves: Covet, Wish, Yawn, Charm
x1 31/31/31/31/31/31 ~ Male/Hardy/Adaptability ~ Egg moves: Covet, Wish, Yawn, Charm ~ PKRS

Ponyta
x2 31/31/31/31/31/31 ~ Male/Adamant/Run Away ~ Egg moves: Low Kick, Double Kick, Flame Wheel, Morning Sun ~ PKRS
x5 31/31/31/31/31/31 ~ Male/Adamant/Flame Body ~ Egg moves: Low Kick, Double Kick, Flame Wheel, Morning Sun ~ PKRS
x5 31/31/31/31/31/31 ~ Female/Adamant/Run Away ~ Egg moves: Low Kick, Double Kick, Flame Wheel, Morning Sun ~ PKRS
x10 31/31/31/31/31/31 ~ Female/Adamant/Flame Body ~ Egg moves: Low Kick, Double Kick, Flame Wheel, Morning Sun ~ PKRS

Porygon
x3 31/31/31/31/31/31 ~ Timid/Download

And now for some other rejects...

Charmander
x7 31/X/31/31/31/31 ~ Male/Modest/Solar Power ~ Egg moves: Scratch, Growl, Ancient Power, Dragon Pulse

Froakie
x1 31/31/31/31/X/31 ~ Male/Naughty/Protean ~ Egg moves: no idea ~ Lv 21
x1 31/31/31/31/X/31 ~ Male/Modest/Protean ~ Egg moves: Pound, Growl, Water Pulse, Round

And shinies still left from my GTS trades...

x1 Shiny Mankey ~ Lv 3
x1 Shiny Salamence ~ Lv 100 ~ 31/31/X/X/X/X
x1 Shiny Ledian ~ Lv 52 ~ PKRS
x1 Shiny Regigigas ~ Lv 79

Would prefer shinies for the shinies, but not an absolute requirement. Willing to hear other offers.

Wow, sorry that turned out so huge. x_x Trying a last sweep to get rid of some of this stuff, figure I'd toss all I have up in one post at the moment. Old stuff and new stuff.

MicH

Yeah I would be all over the Grass gym too, if I didn't already have the Flying gym. I'm ready for challengers too, only in single battles at this point though

CrimsonN0

Yeah I would be all over the Grass gym too, if I didn't already have the Flying gym. I'm ready for challengers too, only in single battles at this point though

Actually this makes me think.
Challenging teams are locked in which makes sense so they can't just stack against the Gym, but at the same time the different Gyms have chosen different battle formats between them which usually requires different teams.

MicH

Challenging teams are locked in which makes sense so they can't just stack against the Gym, but at the same time the different Gyms have chosen different battle formats between them which usually requires different teams.
Yeah, I can see how that could be a problem. I think most of us are building both single and double battle teams however, so in time it shouldn't be a problem

Usobuko

Banned

You're allowed to have a single and double team separately. Although it's true that 3v3 play differently from 6v6, it's either we come up with a solution or we standardize the single and double format.

Say only 6v6 for singles, 4v4 for double for example.

Got a weird wonder trade. A Ducklett caught with the master ball nicknamed a profanity along the lines of
you are a faggot
. I think it was passed on too (you know that annoying thing where you get crap in wonder trade so just wonder trade it again) as I couldn't see the OT in my PSS list. Powersaves, eh...(I can only assume that is why you would use a master ball on Ducklett, speaking of which I'm surprised there has not been a flood of enigma, catsup and other unobtainable berries, unless it can only give you items you actually have)

You can get the gen 1 and 6 Pokemon in Luxury Balls from the Friend Safari. None of the others though.
Not luxury but can't you get Johto starters in anything you can find in Pokemon Colosseum?
I'd say its not worth the bother of playing Colosseum

Personally my Pokeball elitism is the HG/SS balls (well Love and Moon, have a Mawile and Absol in those).

lupinko

Oh right I can supply Level 5 Legendary starters from Dream Radar, having multiple copies of games for a slave card helps and having backed up saves.

So Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Hooh, Lugia, Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina in Dream Balls, because of said method they are not clones and will have distinct natures, I'm not going to promise natures tho. I can also give them your trainers name providing your name fits BW2's character limit as well.

Well hot damn. Finally got my Shiny Bold Eevee. Going to become an Umbreon. 31/31/31/31/31/X on it, which isn't bad. I'd rather Attack have been nixed over Speed, but I don't think it'll make that much of a difference. Even has HA.

With that said though, I have a bunch of female with Anticipation and 5 IV's to give away from this breeding session. You can give me whatever for them.

Remember:
- All female Eevee's
- All Bold
- All Anticipation
- All egg moves of Covet, Wish, Yawn, Charm

x1 X/31/31/31/31/31
x6 31/31/X/31/31/31
x7 31/31/31/X/31/31
x2 31/31/31/31/X/31
x4 31/31/31/31/31/X

Edit: Also, while cleaning boxes have some 6IV Pokemon to get rid of.

Eevee
x2 31/31/31/31/31/31 ~ Male/Bold/Run Away ~ Egg moves: Covet, Wish, Yawn, Charm
x3 31/31/31/31/31/31 ~ Male/Bold/Adaptability ~ Egg moves: Covet, Wish, Yawn, Charm
x1 31/31/31/31/31/31 ~ Male/Hardy/Adaptability ~ Egg moves: Covet, Wish, Yawn, Charm ~ PKRS
x1 31/31/31/31/31/31 ~ Male/Careful/Anticipation ~ Egg moves: Covet, Wish, Yawn, Charm ~ PKRS

Ponyta
x2 31/31/31/31/31/31 ~ Male/Adamant/Run Away ~ Egg moves: Low Kick, Double Kick, Flame Wheel, Morning Sun ~ PKRS
x5 31/31/31/31/31/31 ~ Male/Adamant/Flame Body ~ Egg moves: Low Kick, Double Kick, Flame Wheel, Morning Sun ~ PKRS
x5 31/31/31/31/31/31 ~ Female/Adamant/Run Away ~ Egg moves: Low Kick, Double Kick, Flame Wheel, Morning Sun ~ PKRS
x10 31/31/31/31/31/31 ~ Female/Adamant/Flame Body ~ Egg moves: Low Kick, Double Kick, Flame Wheel, Morning Sun ~ PKRS

Porygon
x4 31/31/31/31/31/31 ~ Timid/Download

And now for some other rejects...

Charmander
x7 31/X/31/31/31/31 ~ Male/Modest/Solar Power ~ Egg moves: Scratch, Growl, Ancient Power, Dragon Pulse

Froakie
x1 31/31/31/31/X/31 ~ Male/Naughty/Protean ~ Egg moves: no idea ~ Lv 21
x1 31/31/31/31/X/31 ~ Male/Modest/Protean ~ Egg moves: Pound, Growl, Water Pulse, Round

And shinies still left from my GTS trades...

x1 Shiny Moltres ~ Lv 50
x1 Shiny Mankey ~ Lv 3
x1 Shiny Salamence ~ Lv 100 ~ 31/31/X/X/X/X
x1 Shiny Ledian ~ Lv 52 ~ PKRS
x1 Shiny Dragonite ~ Lv 59
x1 Shiny Regigigas ~ Lv 79
x1 Shiny Metagross ~ Lv 100

Would prefer shinies for the shinies, but not an absolute requirement. Willing to hear other offers.

Wow, sorry that turned out so huge. x_x Trying a last sweep to get rid of some of this stuff, figure I'd toss all I have up in one post at the moment. Old stuff and new stuff.

I'm interested in some Eevees, and I can offer Shiny Snubbull for any of those Shinies. Lol

Muku

thanks muku.

Thank you too!!! Saw the Surskit coming over and was all like "OMG SHINIES!" Funny enough in middle of breeding Phione so that one threw me for a loop.

I'm interested in some Eevees, and I can offer Shiny Snubbull for any of those Shinies. Lol

Let me know which Eevee's your interested in. Which shiny would you be interested in for the Shiny Snubbull?

lupinko

Thank you too!!! Saw the Surskit coming over and was all like "OMG SHINIES!" Funny enough in middle of breeding Phione so that one threw me for a loop.

Let me know which Eevee's your interested in. Which shiny would you be interested in for the Shiny Snubbull?

Edit: Wish my egg moves on my Phione from Black would work here. ;_; Want Scald back.

I'll take Shiny Moltres, and the female x/31/31/31/31/31 Eevee.

I'm assuming the first stat is Hp right?

Muku

I'll take Shiny Moltres, and the female x/31/31/31/31/31 Eevee.

I'm assuming the first stat is Hp right?

k, on now if you have a moment. :) Yes, the first stat is HP.

Edit: Thank you for the adorable Snubbull and the Abra! Abra is going to be nice when I get around to breeding. :)

Muku

Thanks again Muku!

Hmm, I know it's basically cheating but eh, if you have a shiny Stone, could that be cloned?

If you can attach an item to a Pokemon, it sure can. Though I can't fault you. The stones are kind of a pain in the rear. The mini game crap is awful and RNG based.

lupinko

If you can attach an item to a Pokemon, it sure can. Though I can't fault you. The stones are kind of a pain in the rear. The mini game crap is awful and RNG based.

Wait is it Shiny stone or shiny charm? Basically that thing you get for completing the dex. So it can cut down on shiny ratios, but you probably knew that was what I was asking anyway. :)

Muku

Wait is it Shiny stone or shiny charm? Basically that thing you get for completing the dex. So it can cut down on shiny ratios, but you probably knew that was what I was asking anyway. :)

Ah, that would be Shiny Charm, and that cannot be cloned. (It's a key item.) You'll need to finish it in order to get it. Though while finishing it, it's worth to get the charm for finishing Kalos Dex too.

Top Bottom