• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Muku

Are these offers still on? There are quite a few I'd be interested in, notably the Protean Froakie, 5IV Charmander and a 6IV Eevee

Indeed they are. Trying to clear out that list. :)

I'll take a porygon if you still have one!

Sure do!

And you're welcome Hindl!

Sorry I haven't been posting much regarding my gym team. I just brought home my newly hatched (lol) daughter yesterday. Sleeps through the day, stays up all night... Lol. I've still been working on my team. Adding new members.

Congratulations!

backlot

I got another shiny today. Just in time for another snow storm!

BiegTwdIAAEcdMt.jpg

spiritfox

Sorry I haven't been posting much regarding my gym team. I just brought home my newly hatched (lol) daughter yesterday. Sleeps through the day, stays up all night... Lol. I've still been working on my team. Adding new members.

Shit IVs, release her =P

Congrats!

Muku

Thanks a bunch!!!

You're welcome! Hope he she it comes in handy for ya.

And for a quick link back a couple pages for my list, folks can check it out here. I keep it up to date so best to go to source than relying on someones quoted version.

Edit: Okay guys, thinking of running with a Light Ball Pikachu. I've avoided it in past, but really wanting to roll with one. (Which works because I don't like Raichu.) What's best nature for running with that? Was thinking Timid, but I have Volt Tackle I'm contemplating.

Usobuko

Banned
Does Weakness Policy activate when a pokemon with Thick Fat is hit with fire or ice attacks?

Think so, because the moves are still said to be SE.

The opposing Darmanitan used Flare Blitz!
It's super effective! Mamoswine lost 70.4% of its health!
The opposing Darmanitan is damaged by recoil!
Mamoswine's Weakness Policy activated!
The Weakness Policy sharply raised Mamoswine's Attack!
The Weakness Policy sharply raised Mamoswine's Special Attack!

one_kill

You're welcome! Hope he she it comes in handy for ya.

And for a quick link back a couple pages for my list, folks can check it out here. I keep it up to date so best to go to source than relying on someones quoted version.

Edit: Okay guys, thinking of running with a Light Ball Pikachu. I've avoided it in past, but really wanting to roll with one. (Which works because I don't like Raichu.) What's best nature for running with that? Was thinking Timid, but I have Volt Tackle I'm contemplating.
Jolly or Adamant would be better. Pikachu's only viable competitively if it has Light Ball and Volt Tackle imo. It needs setting up to be useful too. If it was me, I'd get a tank to paralyse my opponent's Pokemon and then bring out Pikachu to do damage.

Muku

Jolly or Adamant would be better. Pikachu's only viable competitively if it has Light Ball and Volt Tackle imo. It needs setting up to be useful too. If it was me, I'd get a tank to paralyse my opponent's Pokemon and then bring out Pikachu to do damage.

Really? Been reading some recent stuff where folks were talking about going more Timid.. even though my initial thought on Pikachu was to go Adamant. Though can easily see Jolly working too. But then again some stuff out there makes me go WTF so I ask here.

Edit: While I'm on subject of it, does anyone have an extra Light Ball they don't need? I'm tired of hunting wild Pikachu's to no avail. :( Even run with a Pokemon with Frisk to check but not gotten so lucky.

lupinko

I will be getting Pokemon X in a few days, I'm looking for friends! Now where do I find Mew!?

From GTS you'll either get cloned or hacked bogus Mews, if you want a legit Mew to catch you have to give Hayley 999 pokemon and an egg in My Pokemon Ranch.

one_kill

Really? Been reading some recent stuff where folks were talking about going more Timid.. even though my initial thought on Pikachu was to go Adamant. Though can easily see Jolly working too. But then again some stuff out there makes me go WTF so I ask here.

Edit: While I'm on subject of it, does anyone have an extra Light Ball they don't need? I'm tired of hunting wild Pikachu's to no avail. :( Even run with a Pokemon with Frisk to check but not gotten so lucky.
Well if you want Volt Tackle, then you're either Jolly or Adamant. If you want Timid, you're going to want to be a special attacker, but I think Modest would be better.

I think Adamant is best for a Volt Tackle set since Pikachu needs setting up anyway. Pikachu's so frail. A lot of Pokemon can easily OHKO it. Essentially, what you'd want to do is Thunderponent and then safely s Wave your opwitch to Pikachu to hopefully OHKO it with Volt Tackle.

Muku

Well if you want Volt Tackle, then you're either Jolly or Adamant. If you want Timid, you're going to want to be a special attacker, but I think Modest would be better.

I think Adamant is best for a Volt Tackle set since Pikachu needs setting up anyway. Pikachu's so frail. A lot of Pokemon can easily OHKO it. Essentially, what you'd want to do is Thunderponent and then safely s Wave your opwitch to Pikachu to hopefully OHKO it with Volt Tackle.

Well, it's that I have Volt Tackle available to me. Never really used it and want to. But that's why I was a bit wary of going special attack. I know it's pretty frail, which is why I'm a bit worried about it. Just wondering how much more useful speed over attack would be or vice versa. I guess I have time to decide which route while I look for a Light Ball.

Well, it's that I have Volt Tackle available to me. Never really used it and want to. But that's why I was a bit wary of going special attack. I know it's pretty frail, which is why I'm a bit worried about it. Just wondering how much more useful speed over attack would be or vice versa. I guess I have time to decide which route while I look for a Light Ball.

I can give you a light ball

I saw a Youtube video with someone using Copycat Liepard ages ago. But I'm looking at all the usual resources and I can't seem to find out when or how it learns that move. Does anyone here know?

JulianImp

So, I was looking for a female scatterbug with Compoundeyes in the forest, and I found myself a shiny Pansear! It's not the best (Simisear doesn't look particularily good), but seeing as I don't even have the shiny charm yet, I'd say I was quite lucky... it's the second wild shiny I've found in under a week.

That marks the sixth wild shiny I've encountered that isn't the red Gyarados from HG, even though two of them were Hariyamas (also in Sapphire) that used Whirlwind right away...

Celegus

I'm sure this has been asked before so I apologize in advance, but where is the best place to level up low leveled 'mon just to have them evolve? I have about 100 in my box that just need a few levels, so I don't want to get stuck in a long battle with the elite four or anything. Is there a better place than victory road?

I'm sure this has been asked before so I apologize in advance, but where is the best place to level up low leveled 'mon just to have them evolve? I have about 100 in my box that just need a few levels, so I don't want to get stuck in a long battle with the elite four or anything. Is there a better place than victory road?

The Furisode girls in the Battle Chateau on Route 7 are good for that when you use the black writ of challenge (opponents are 20 levels higher than normal) and the writ of invitation that speeds up the rate at which challengers appear. I also use the gold writ to increase payouts and make sure I get back all the money I spent. Writs last until midnight. IIRC, the furisode girls will have either two or three Lv.65 Audino. Use the Exp.Point O-Power and lucky egg(s) and you'll be rolling in it.

one_kill

Just use rare candies. You can buy them pretty cheaply on the PGL site.

Otherwise do Le Wow runs

Celegus

The Furisode girls in the Battle Chateau on Route 7 are good for that when you use the black writ of challenge (opponents are 20 levels higher than normal) and the writ of invitation that speeds up the rate at which challengers appear. I also use the gold writ to increase payouts and make sure I get back all the money I spent. Writs last until midnight. IIRC, the furisode girls will have either two or three Lv.65 Audino. Use the Exp.Point O-Power and lucky egg(s) and you'll be rolling in it.

Err... I'm not even sure what a writ is. I don't think I have any. I'll have to look into that.

Err... I'm not even sure what a writ is. I don't think I have any. I'll have to look into that.

Talk to the lady just inside the entrance and she'll explain everything. Issuing writs cost money but if you have it to spend, you can easily make it back and then some. I've earned upwards of $3M in a day there.

Celegus

Just use rare candies. You can buy them pretty cheaply on the PGL site.

Otherwise do Le Wow runs

Ah, the restaurant is a good idea. My Yveltal/Tyranitar are destroying the double battles, and it's nice that the exp bonus lasts the whole time.

Talk to the lady just inside the entrance and she'll explain everything. Issuing writs cost money but if you have it to spend, you can easily make it back and then some. I've earned upwards of $3M in a day there.

I'll check that out, thanks!

So I've been trying to research this on Pokemon's own website, but how do I link my Pokemon X with the Pokemon global Link? There don't seem to be any tutorials about this online and I would really like to start playing in rating battles.

edit: nm, got it

....wow, anybody got a male Wide Guard Honedge? The breeding chain is ridiculous.

It wasn't too bad, as long as you have all the Pokemon in the chain anyway. Well, I know I don't have any male Honedge left but I do have females with wide guard if you're still looking for one.

Schmitty

Day 2 of breeding for shiny Froakie...still no luck

Is Shaymin impossible to get? Don't see any on the GTS so it must be in a red ball that prevents trading?

Got a shiny nosepass!!!!! :D

Only problem is, I really want shiny probopass but I don't wanna lose out on how cute he is before he gets that mustache, lol.

They sure are. 2 level 55 or 3 level 65. Using O-power foreign lucky egg lead past level up evolution gets around 60,000 and 100,000 EXP respectively. Of course a home grown one will get quite a bit less but its still fine. Something like a Honedge has 1,000,000 EXP at level 100 (and the Audinos help it sweep them by using simple beam...)

As for money, the girls don't pay out much but someone like the champion with a money O-power and gold writ could pay out about 350,000 with Happy hour (personally, I only bother with elite 4 and above in the chateaus for money and not use happy hour as the time it takes to set up and the amount you need to fight to pay back the 500k for the 3 writs is so little).

As for how to manage time while waiting for the challengers to rotate to favorable ones? Just breed or not play the game.

Hindl

Hey does anyone have a Defog Scyther/Scizor they could trade? I don't have access to anything pre-gen VI so if you could help me out that would be great.

FC is in profile if you can help me out

MicH

Just tested out my new doubles gym team and I think I'm done with both my teams. It's really fun! I'm a big fan of doubles

Wichu

Just tested out my new doubles gym team and I think I'm done with both my teams. It's really fun! I'm a big fan of doubles

Yeah, I've been enjoying doubles way more than singles. I keep on imagining my Pokémon doing a little high-five whenever a particularly good instance of teamwork occurs.

Schmitty

When does RNG determine when an egg will hatch a shiny?

Is it when it hatches or when the egg is given to you?

I'm thinking of saving time by just filling party with eggs then resetting until I get a shiny instead of constantly releasing and using all my O Power fuel.

Boogiepop

I'm thinking of saving time by just filling party with eggs then resetting until I get a shiny instead of constantly releasing and using all my O Power fuel.
Pretty sure everything is determined when you get it. Though IIRC the way it's determined if something hatches shiny is somehow reliant on the game, which is why the old hack checker thing let people trade eggs and have other people hatch them shiny.

Wichu

It's actually determined when you pick up the previous egg from the Day Care man. The game generates the stats for the next egg at that point, even before he finds it.

Top Bottom