• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

When does RNG determine when an egg will hatch a shiny?

Is it when it hatches or when the egg is given to you?

I'm thinking of saving time by just filling party with eggs then resetting until I get a shiny instead of constantly releasing and using all my O Power fuel.

As far as I know, each egg has a shiny number. If that shiny number matches your trainers shiny number, you get a shiny. People were abusing this when they had that program that could tell you those things. People would get a few eggs with perfect IVs, and search out others who had those eggs' shiny numbers to guarantee a perfect shiny every time.

backlot

When does RNG determine when an egg will hatch a shiny?

Is it when it hatches or when the egg is given to you?

I'm thinking of saving time by just filling party with eggs then resetting until I get a shiny instead of constantly releasing and using all my O Power fuel.

The shiny value is determined before the egg hatches so you cant just reset the same 5 eggs over and over.

stabi

Neo Member
Played all games since blue/red but first time breeding pokemon
I've got my 31/31/31/x/31/31 female jolly sneasel but didn't think of egg move
Now and in the process of getting a 5iv (or at least 4) male dunsparce to get pursuit...

Also didn't care of the ball. Now that I've spent hours on it, I regret not catching my first sneasels with luxe balls or something better that hyperball

And man is this long! Gotta go for a 5 or 6 iv ditto before my next breeding

and I'm pretty sad I didn't get any shiny in all those boxes of sneasel

Muku

Day 2 of breeding for shiny Froakie...still no luck

Is Shaymin impossible to get? Don't see any on the GTS so it must be in a red ball that prevents trading?

Any event Pokemon cannot be traded on GTS. Can't even be Wonder Traded. If you want one, you pretty much have to get lucky and have a passerby trade you one or someone here to trade you one.

If you'd like, I can clone you one. (Not sure how you feel about clones, but was only way I could get one too.)

Edit: Should you decide you want it, I've already got a clone waiting for you.

Wichu

Been finishing up the rest of the badges. Here are the small versions that challengers can add to their avatars:
70kRA4I.png

Example use:
Dr3HFzM.png

And here are the large versions (so far) that leaders can use:
OZOHfSY.png

Example use:
tufy1Vj.png

Feedback would be very appreciated :)

Damn, hope that egg I accidentally let him throw away was not the shiny lol

I've lost sleep over this very uncertainty.

I think they actually made shinies twice as common in XY.

Could very well be, I don't mind one bit.

I wouldn't doubt it. I've gotten 6 so far without actually trying.

How long have you been playing? I've encountered 5 wild shinies, two of them Conkeldurr. That's the most I've ever seen in one game, but I've also never put 600+ hours into one save file before.

Anustart

Probably a tall order, but does anyone have a Xerneas they don't want that they'd trade my daughter? She has Y and really wants a xerneas because she thinks Yveltal is lame :3

Aggrotek

Been finishing up the rest of the badges. Here are the small versions that challengers can add to their avatars:
70kRA4I.png

Example use:
Dr3HFzM.png

OZOHfSY.png

Example use:
tufy1Vj.png

so_good.gif

Muku

You just made her day!

Her code is 2852-8700-6093 and her in-game name is Kairi! She's jumping up and down right now!

Sorry about delay there. On phone with Wells Fargo for the umpteenth time in past month. /rage

Edit: Hope she enjoys Xerneas! :)

Muku

So Xerxes could be Ex-er-sees? I like it!

Hey Muku, do you want that Light Ball now?

Yes, please! :)

Edit: OMG you rock Nintendo Playstation. I freaking hate Garbador, but I am so totally keeping this one right next to Lickitung I got off WT named Miley! Also, thank you for Light Ball! :D

It's good, figured it had something to do with that. Usually me forgetting to attach an item completely though LOL.

No prob lordfroakie. :)

Usobuko

Banned
70kRA4I.png

Example use:
Dr3HFzM.png

OZOHfSY.png

Example use:
tufy1Vj.png

Looks pretty good.

spiritfox

70kRA4I.png

Example use:
Dr3HFzM.png

OZOHfSY.png

Example use:
tufy1Vj.png

Nice. When are we starting?

Muku

Thinking about picking this up with the deal. How active is the community? How much longer will it be active? Thanks!

It only came out in what October? So I imagine it'll be active until next one comes out. I know I'll be with X/Y til next one.

How long have you been playing? I've encountered 5 wild shinies, two of them Conkeldurr. That's the most I've ever seen in one game, but I've also never put 600+ hours into one save file before.

I've almost put in 400 hours.

Trevenant (horde), Foongus (horde), Wingull (horde), Durant (random encounter), Teddiursa (Friend Safari), Inkay (hatched after 3 eggs).

Wichu

Thinking about picking this up with the deal. How active is the community? How much longer will it be active? Thanks!
Keep in mind that X/Y will be fully compatible with further games in this Pokémon generation (likely to last another three or four years). Even once X/Y are old news, you'll still be able to find battles or trades for a while.

Nice. When are we starting?
The plan is to start this weekend (we still need to get a few rules ironed out, and we're waiting for the last couple of leaders to finish their teams).

I've almost put in 400 hours.

Trevenant (horde), Foongus (horde), Wingull (horde), Durant (random encounter), Teddiursa (Friend Safari), Inkay (hatched after 3 eggs).

Wow. I've captured Geodude and Gulpin in hordes, Piloswine and Conkeldurr in random encounters and it took me 9 eggs to hatch shiny Eevee. Still haven't met one in a Friend Safari.

Wow. I've captured Geodude and Gulpin in hordes, Piloswine and Conkeldurr in random encounters and it took me 9 eggs to hatch shiny Eevee. Still haven't met one in a Friend Safari.

I have a shiny Umbreon from B2. I think it's RNG'd/hacked but I love it. That Inkay I hatched only had two perfect IVs, oh well.

Managing a Geodude in horde is like 0_O

Muku

A passerby just asked me to trade and showed me a Carbink named "Diancie?"

Like, really dude?

I've seen quite a few passerby's with their notes being "Arceus4Diancie" type deals. Or whatever event Pokemon they have for Diancie. I'm not sure if most of these folks realize it's not yet been officially released. They heard "new Pokemon" and I guess just assume it's out. :/

MicH

70kRA4I.png

Example use:
Dr3HFzM.png

OZOHfSY.png

Example use:
tufy1Vj.png

Feedback would be very appreciated :)[/QUOTE
Wow, these looks amazing! I love the big Typhoon badge :D Thank you so much for doing this!

Muku

Does anyone have a Mudkip with its HA? Got one with moves I like on it already, but would prefer Dampen.

skrelp.png

You wanna play a game?! A game of Toxic Shuffle? It is on!

Yeah. I've been breeding these fellas the last two days and now I finally have my desired 5IV, Bold natured one. And now I'm offering you guys my rejects. 5 of them have 4 perfect IVs and like 20 have 5 perfect IVs. All kinds of natures, some bold, Poison Point and Poison Touch. Of course no Adaptability.
Though the best part about them is, they are coming with Toxic Spikes and Venom Drench. Lay out some spikes, dragon tail 'em, drench 'em and force a switch! I know it's a probably a bit gimmicky, but who cares!^^

I can't come online now, since it's like 9 am here and I'm at work, but later today I'll definitely have some time to trade, if someone wants to.

lupinko

Does anyone have a female torchic or any of its evolutions in a cherish ball? Because I want to try my luck at a 5iv speed boost and potentially shiny Torchic in a cherish ball and that's only possible with a female. I'm going to do that for Scizor and Gengar because unlike Torchic I have those female in event cherish balls.

MicH

Does anyone have a female torchic or any of its evolutions in a cherish ball? Because I want to try my luck at a 5iv speed boost and potentially shiny Torchic in a cherish ball and that's only possible with a female. I'm going to do that for Scizor and Gengar because unlike Torchic I have those female in event cherish balls.
I'm pretty sure those event Torchics can only be male, unfortunately

KiraFA37

70kRA4I.png

Example use:
Dr3HFzM.png

OZOHfSY.png

Example use:
tufy1Vj.png

Looks awesome, I assume the shield is for the Steel gym?

The plan is to start this weekend (we still need to get a few rules ironed out, and we're waiting for the last couple of leaders to finish their teams).

Yea sorry, I've been swamped with school work the last week so I couldn't do much. Good news is that I have a team ready and only need to breed 1 more to have a good selection ready. Not much time for testing but I'll let the challengers do that then.

Muku

That's pretty nice. Cherish Balls are rare

Does anyone have a list of Pokemon whose hidden ability are unobtainable in XY? (not counting unreleased ones), as in Speed Boost Carvanha etc

EDIT Found a list! Yay! http://www.serebii.net/xy/hiddenability.shtml

Crap. Well, thank you for posting this. I was worried the HA Mudkip wasn't available. Sure enough. Blargh. Guess I'll hold off on breeding one of those and pray one day we can get it.

EDIT: Figured out a way to do it myself! You need three DSs and a second copy of B/W/B2/W2. Simply keep switching the second game back and forth between the second and third DS, generating a new FC each time and registering yourself each time.

Guys I know this is off topic but I can't create threads yet and I thought this might be the most active place to post this. As most of you know Nintendo WFC is shutting down May 20. I think five medals in Black2/White2 are already now imposible to get due to having to connect to the dream world. However, there are a few that can still be obtained until May 20 only.

Register friends into the Pal Pad. There are medals for registering 1,5,10 and 32. However, for the codes to register not only do we have to add eachother but we also have to be in the union room at the same time (middle lady in the Pokemon center).

If someone wants to make a topic for this, or uses this topic to help me (and possibly eachother) I will be very grateful. If you can add me, post your code, and let me know when you are in the union room through here or private message that would be great. I know this is a long shot.. but what can I do :(

My friend code: 4170 8678 1091

Top Bottom