• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Schmitty

Any event Pokemon cannot be traded on GTS. Can't even be Wonder Traded. If you want one, you pretty much have to get lucky and have a passerby trade you one or someone here to trade you one.

If you'd like, I can clone you one. (Not sure how you feel about clones, but was only way I could get one too.)

Edit: Should you decide you want it, I've already got a clone waiting for you.

Well, if you've already cloned it, I might as well take it! I realized you don't need events for National Dex completion but I remember missing Shaymin by a few days when I had Plat so I don't feel bad having a clone. I'll send my FC by PM.

http://media-cerulean.cursecdn.com/attachments/4/996/skrelp.png[/IMG

You wanna play a game?! A game of Toxic Shuffle? It is on!

Yeah. I've been breeding these fellas the last two days and now I finally have my desired 5IV, Bold natured one. And now I'm offering you guys my rejects. 5 of them have 4 perfect IVs and like 20 have 5 perfect IVs. All kinds of natures, some bold, Poison Point and Poison Touch. Of course no Adaptability.
Though the best part about them is, they are coming with Toxic Spikes and Venom Drench. Lay out some spikes, dragon tail 'em, drench 'em and force a switch! I know it's a probably a bit gimmicky, but who cares!^^

I can't come online now, since it's like 9 am here and I'm at work, but later today I'll definitely have some time to trade, if someone wants to.[/QUOTE]
I will surely help take one 5 IV off your hands. I'll send my FC by PM.

[quote="MrCookiepants, post: 104211720"]Is anyone online? I need someone to help evolve my Poliwhirl.[/QUOTE]
I can help you out. PM your FC

Hi! I'm super LTTP on X & Y but I snagged a copy for free with Nintendo's March promotion.

I'm a junior, so I can't start a thread, but I wanted to say somewhere just how much I love this game!

The last Pokemon I bought was Black for the DS and I just couldn't get into it. The story didn't grab me, I wasn't addicted like I usually am. For reference, I've played Blue, Ruby, Fire Red, Heart Gold, Black, and Y. I've loved and completed them all except Black. I thought something must be wrong with me, or that I was just finally done with Pokemon, but man, was I ever wrong!

Y has gotten its hooks in me so quickly, I've only got one badge but I just cannot put this game down. I love the graphics and the polish (like the little signs that flip down when you enter a new area, so cool!), the fully 3D models and animations for every single Pokemon, I can't imagine how much work that must have been but it's so cool to see!

I'm religiously catching every pokemon I encounter, making sure not to leave any behind before I move on to the next location. I was legitimately stunned when I got to Lumiose and was allowed to pick one of the Gen 1 Starters, such a fun moment! The addition of your little club of trainers that call you by a nickname and follow you around is so goofy, but really endearing.

The online stuff - I haven't gotten to mess with much but it really seems like a big step forward with quirky additions like Wonder Trade, Friends/Acquaintances/Passerby. I've never been interested in tournament level play but the fact that they've exposed the IV/EV stuff and given you a way to manipulate them seems like a HUGE thing for people who do care about that stuff.

I'm having a hard time putting my finger on what exactly is different about this game, but I really think the magic is back. The team really seems to have their hearts in this one, the art is awesome, as whole threads have recently been devoted to talking about. It's fun to explore, it's fun wondering what pokemon I can catch in this area, what type will this next gym leader have? Weird little quirks and even flaws have always been part of what made Pokemon special to me, which is why the absolutely broken-ass camera in Lumiose doesn't really make me mad, it's just a funny aside.

Anyway, I'm loving it, and it's good to see this thread is still pretty active. Any tips for me as someone just starting out? I'm very interested in catching as many of these little guys as I can, after all, you've gotta catch 'em all, right?

-loren

JulianImp

I'm now working on a doubles team. So far, I have an EV-trained pokémon that still needs some level grinding, another one I still haven't EV trained, and a third one I'm still hatching for good IVs. I already have a basic strategy in place, so I might be able to get it done in a few more days. It's all theorycraft, though, so I don't really know how it's going to work out in the end (hopefully it won't suck).

You wanna play a game?! A game of Toxic Shuffle? It is on!

I'd love to get my hands on a bold 5 IV one! I'll PM you my friend code soon.

Just received Y in the post today! So hopefully soon I'll be joining you guys in battles?

Quick question though: what is used as your online name,i.e. for trades, battles etc? Is it your character name, your nickname, your NNID, another name? Thanks!

Wichu

Just received Y in the post today! So hopefully soon I'll be joining you guys in battles?

Quick question though: what is used as your online name,i.e. for trades, battles etc? Is it your character name, your nickname, your NNID, another name? Thanks!

The PSS (i.e. nearly all online functions) uses your character name. However, the Friend Safari works per-3DS rather than per-game, so the name shown there is your Mii name.

RoySFNR

Woooo! So hype! Just beat a player with a rating of 1951 who used nothing but the most OU of pokes.Taunt Weavile is a straight up G. He brought Cress, Mega Gengar and Garchomp so I barely needed back-up.

This is my first pokemon game. and I wanted to ask some noob questions,

Am I limited to 6 pokemon at my disposal during a battle?
When I caught my 7th pokemon, the game told me it went to 'bag 1'. Where can I find this exactly? Opening my inventory doesn't reveal the recently caught pokemon.

Thanks in advance!

When I caught my 7th pokemon, the game told me it went to 'bag 1'. Where can I find this exactly? Opening my inventory doesn't reveal the recently caught pokemon.

Thanks in advance!
It said Box 1. In the Pokemon Center there is a PC next to the counter. You should be able to find your Pokemon in that PC.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Thanks in advance!

You can only carry 6 pokemon at a time, each of them can only have 4 moves. Any extra pokemon are going to be in the PC at the Pokemon Center.

Guys, can someone trade me a Bold/Timid Milotic?
It is one of my favorite pokes and I can`t catch it in X/Y... And sense I haven`t seen it either, I can't ask for one over GTS.

Edit: Btw, just a curious tidbit. All my pokemons are named after VideoGame/Game of Thrones characters lol

My Snorlax is Lord Varys... Lucario is Tyrion... Greninja is Hotsuma...Salamence is Aegon... Haxorus (Female) is Daenerys... lol

Two hours in and I'm perhaps feeling more nostalgia than I did from Heartgold. This time though it's from the experience rather than revisiting an old region! The mix of old and new Pokemon, the speed at which the game takes off, the little improvements across the board: it's all fantastic so far!

Two hours in and I'm perhaps feeling more nostalgia than I did from Heartgold. This time though it's from the experience rather than revisiting an old region! The mix of old and new Pokemon, the speed at which the game takes off, the little improvements across the board: it's all fantastic so far!

I know games are supposed to evolve, but I feel like the whole 'story' aspect of pokemon is totally unnecessary. You are early, but you will see that there's a lot of story in the game... Maybe a little bit too much.

I know games are supposed to evolve, but I feel like the whole 'story' aspect of pokemon is totally unnecessary. You are early, but you will see that there's a lot of story in the game... Maybe a little bit too much.

So far I like the concept, prior games always felt a little bit...isolated? I used to love fighting that title's company of villains as it always added something more than me getting 8 badges, Pokemon and the E4. I'll see how it goes though.

SeZMehK

Been finishing up the rest of the badges. Here are the small versions that challengers can add to their avatars:
70kRA4I.png

Example use:
Dr3HFzM.png

And here are the large versions (so far) that leaders can use:
OZOHfSY.png

Example use:
tufy1Vj.png

Feedback would be very appreciated :)

Looks beautiful. :D

Anustart

Looking for some Friend Safari's!!

Anyone have a safari with Squirtle and someone with Bulbasaur???

Really needing those two pokes!

Muku

Looking for some Friend Safari's!!

Anyone have a safari with Squirtle and someone with Bulbasaur???

Really needing those two pokes!

Friend Safari's would have them at level 30 so they'd be Ivysaur and Wartortle. Just found I had a couple of eggs in bank. Hatched them and they're Bulbasaur and Squirtle. They're yours if you'd like them.

Anustart

Friend Safari's would have them at level 30 so they'd be Ivysaur and Wartortle. Just found I had a couple of eggs in bank. Hatched them and they're Bulbasaur and Squirtle. They're yours if you'd like them.

I would very much! My code is in my profile, I'll add you now!

Edit: In game name is Chris.

Edit: Thank you very much! Pretty close now to finishing the first pokedex lol!

Muku

I would very much! My code is in my profile, I'll add you now!

Edit: In game name is Chris.

Edit: Thank you very much! Pretty close now to finishing the first pokedex lol!

You're welcome!

This Flareon... shoulda been named False Prophet. ;)

one_kill

I didn't even get the story
I thought that part of the game was lacking

I should read up on what actually transpired in XY :p

I didn't even get the story imo
I thought that part of the game was lacking

I should read up on what actually transpired in XY :p
let's be honest, it's a bunch of bullshit written to be understood by 6 year olds

I'm having fun right now...I just boxed my entire team from this gen for my gen IV competitive EV trained lineup. kind of a bummer that nothing in the game is a challenge where I'm at but hopefully the elite 4 gives me a little trouble (my team is in the 50s and I'm just past gym 7)

I will surely help take one 5 IV off your hands. I'll send my FC by PM.

I'd love to get my hands on a bold 5 IV one! I'll PM you my friend code soon.

If anyone of you two wants to trade now, let's do it.

Does anyone have the following items:

focus sash
life orb
choice scarf/specs

I could get you any of those.

On a totally unrelated note I'd love to have a Houndoominite. And a Aggronite while we're at it.

L.O.R.D

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

there is new event pokemon for japan only
The next batch of CoroCoro information has been posted to Japanese forums and this batch showcases more information. First, it has confirmed that the Pokémon to be distributed with pre-booked tickets of the movie, and winner of the campaign is Darkrai. The distribution will run in Japan from April 19th to September 30th 2014 if you book tickets for the movie, Cocoon of Destruction & Diancie, before July 18th 2014, using a special Serial Code on the ticket. It is Level 50. It has the moves Dark Void, Dark Pulse, Phantom Force, which it can't learn elsewhere, & Dream Eater. We'll bring more on it when we can
a Darkrai ?
even i have one
but i want one an Kalos origin

So I was wonder traded a Lileep with 4 egg moves (mirror coat is the main goal, curse and stealth rock are bonuses)...ability suction caps so I decided to make a female storm strain from my male (with recover) to get the egg moves onto it. In the process of getting these you can guess what happened.

Shiny. 5 IV (missing HP). Suction caps. I nicknamed it "not now". I might still use it despite wrong ability (other one is hidden so no capsule use either) and lack of mirror coat.

Top Bottom