• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Muku

Thank you. :) Added you back. My IGN is Jaime.

Yeah, not much usually but sometimes I get lucky with something I need for my Pokedex.

Hope it comes in handy for ya. Probably won't be long before I have to clone more of these things. 6IV JP Ditto's are like candy in the community. Haha. BTW, thank you for Goomy. Have a 6IV Goomy already, but this one with egg moves is... divine! :D

If you want I can get you said Dream Radar pokes with Muku listed as the original trainer, thanks to my farming.

That's awesome. Only one I'd be interested in is the movie Mewtwo one which I'll keep an eye out for. They drop like candy off GTS, though imagine most are same old.

Hope it comes in handy for ya. Probably won't be long before I have to clone more of these things. 6IV JP Ditto's are like candy in the community. Haha. BTW, thank you for Goomy. Have a 6IV Goomy already, but this one with egg moves is... divine! :D

I'll put it to good use. :D And, ugh, Goomys everywhere. I bred those last November and still have a bunch of them hanging around. But, thanks again, I appreciate your generosity.

I have a bunch of spare Timid Gastly if you don't mind evolving it yourself. I don't have any perfect ones left, but all of them are only missing one important stat.

Thank you, I would love that.
I really don't care that much for IVs, they are just too hard/time consuming to control.
I do mind Nature/EVs though... They are just easier to mess around with.

Whats your FC? Mine: 1607-3503-6729 (Rafa)

So I need more leftovers and I left Munchlax and Zigzagoon in the daycare so they could level up while I derp around Kalos, but is there a faster way to get them to the 80's/90's without seeing them evolve? Should I take them out, slap on everstones, turn on experience share and fight everything that comes my way?

So I need more leftovers and I left Munchlax and Zigzagoon in the daycare so they could level up while I derp around Kalos, but is there a faster way to get them to the 80's/90's without seeing them evolve? Should I take them out, slap on everstones, turn on experience share and fight everything that comes my way?
Daycare can work well if you're prepared to hold the circle pad down and leave your 3DS running overnight in lumoise city.

But fastest EXP in the game is Furosade girls in battle chateau using black writ of challenge (2*level 55 Audino or 3*level 65 Audino). Use all the EXP boosts you have (so lucky egg and O-power at minimum maybe 2 hearts in amie too), Zigzagoon will get more EXP from this due to being a level up evolution (once these past their level of evolving they get a boost to earned EXP). The downside is some downtime waiting for the trainers to respawn (and if you've never looked in the chateau of course), I use this to not play the game or get some breeding done.

Some people swear by le-wow but a foregin Pokemon holding lucky egg and o-power is only ~160,000 EXP per all the battles of that and they can be quite long while the 3 Audino is just over 100,000 per trainer (of course your own Pokemon are probably going to be around the 60,000 mark, which is not bad) and a honedge with brick break or scared sword and swords dance has an easy time (can't be harmed, Audino may use simple beam to boost you). Likewise the money is lackluster when you can sweep the battle chateau champion for over 150k in a less than a minute.

I personally feel you gain enough levels per battle with those that cancelling the animation is not a problem (this is a problem with le-wow).

My steel team is getting ready for the Gym challenges. My only downfall is the lack of Heatran, since he is a legendary. Online I'm actually using Chandelure instead, but since I plan on doing the Gyms on mono-type, that would not be possible. Also, I have a question for someone that knows competitive battling: Magnezone or Bronzong as a dual screener?

JulianImp

My steel team is getting ready for the Gym challenges. My only downfall is the lack of Heatran, since he is a legendary. Online I'm actually using Chandelure instead, but since I plan on doing the Gyms on mono-type, that would not be possible. Also, I have a question for someone that knows competitive battling: Magnezone or Bronzong as a dual screener?

Heatran would be banned since it can't be bred or caught in Kalos yet, anyway.

I think Bronzong's better suited for dual screening, while when I think of Magnezone I tend to think of trapping other steels with Magnet Pull and possibly setting up on them.

If you want to trade for both lens then I'm sure I can make use of a second Ability Capsule in the future.

My FC is 0001-3764-1620

If you don't need them, sure. I'll send a few Ability Capsules your way.
FC: 0860-3341-2782 Trainer "Drew"

That would be terrific. Someone please lend a Houndoominite to the Nintendo Playstations.

Roger, wilco. I'll add you both when I get home

If you don't need them, sure. I'll send a few Ability Capsules your way.
FC: 0860-3341-2782 Trainer "Drew"

Roger, wilco. I'll add you both when I get home

Great. Adding you too. I'm in europe though and it's half past 9pm now. Don't know if I'm still awake when you get home. Anyway thanks in advance to both of you!

v1perz53

Just finished the main game again, this time without Exp Share at all. Felt much more balanced, but still easier than B/W or B2/W2. Definitely a greater sense of accomplishment though. Current Exp Share really needs a downside or to be a post game item. Time to start making my competitive team, XY totally destroyed my gen V team based on drizzle with the weather changes. Wish Jellicent was in the Kalos dex, really like him for some reason, my favorite spin blocker and special wall.

Also, finally have the Vs. Recorder so I can watch the Gaf league battles!

Just finished the main game again, this time without Exp Share at all. Felt much more balanced, but still easier than B/W or B2/W2. Definitely a greater sense of accomplishment though. Current Exp Share really needs a downside or to be a post game item. Time to start making my competitive team, XY totally destroyed my gen V team based on drizzle with the weather changes. Wish Jellicent was in the Kalos dex, really like him for some reason, my favorite spin blocker and special wall.

Also, finally have the Vs. Recorder so I can watch the Gaf league battles!

I actually never bothered with experience share that much, where I did with the previous games. I used it until my Bulbasaur and Mystery Gift Torchic evolved into Ivysaur and Combusken, just to help level them closer to Froakie, but never turned it on after that. It seemed too good.

PBalfredo

I've been wanting to try replaying the main story again to try different runs, but I don't want to reset and lose all of my items and TMs and post-game stuff since I'm participating in the League. So I'm thinking about buying a fresh copy of X while I keep my post-game progress on Y. If I do, will my FC apply to both X and Y carts? Will X automatically populate the in-game friends list with my system-level friends list?

v1perz53

I actually never bothered with experience share that much, where I did with the previous games. I used it until my Bulbasaur and Mystery Gift Torchic evolved into Ivysaur and Combusken, just to help level them closer to Froakie, but never turned it on after that. It seemed too good.

Yea my issue was that I never realized how good it was until basically the 5th gym. I was used to gen V, where even using boosting items you are just at the level of the E4 and gym leaders. I also didn't realize that it doesn't split the exp anymore, but actually multiplies it out such that you earn 350% normal XP with it on (main poke gets full XP, other 5 get 50% of that). I knew I was destroying the game but it felt too late to turn it off by the 5th gym, which is why I started over. Let me experience new pokemon anyway I guess.

That said, I still ended the game with a level 80 and a bunch of mid 60s, but I like that. I always felt like mid 50s-60s was too low to end the game, not that much was necessary after. Though I guess they did it to avoid having pokemon learn moves that late, and to avoid you levelling up with no feeling of reward for a while (no new moves).

I've been wanting to try replaying the main story again to try different runs, but I don't want to reset and lose all of my items and TMs and post-game stuff since I'm participating in the League. So I'm thinking about buying a fresh copy of X while I keep my post-game progress on Y. If I do, will my FC apply to both X and Y carts? Will X automatically populate the in-game friends list with my system-level friends list?

The FC applies to both, it is all system level. My gf plays Y on my 3DS while I play X. Though my case is a digital copy of X physical copy of Y, not sure if any other setup would change it. You can also still trade yourself through the GTS with only one 3DS with some clever finagling.

macklelol

Yes.

Totally didn't realise how broken EXP Share was until it was too late. I thought the exp seemed a lot, but I skipped Gen IV and V, so I just thought it was a recent trend.

Then again, the CPU trainers in the main quest were always a cakewalk, so dunno how much difference it would have made...

I'm not gonna lie, I like the new experience share mechanics but if they do decide to tweak it then I say it should go through two tiers, first would be like the original (working on just one Pokemon) and then post-game it could get the functionality like we have now in XY.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Exp share is great for making sure everyone keeps up and for trying out new guys. If they're going to keep it though they need to adjust the level curve of the game. It needs to be about 10 levels steeper than it is now.

Sleepwalker

No prob. You WT to start off with a new group? Or just hoofing it by what game gives ya + catches?

Edit: I've noticed some folks recently needing 6IV Ditto's again, so just want to toss out there I have two 6IV JP Ditto's up for grabs if anyone needs.

I'd love one of these dittos if possible please :)

v1perz53

I love the new exp share. For post game. I don't think it has any place in the main game they way it currently functions, even if levels were adjusted for it. The main issue with it is that you can use one Pokemon for the entire game, and end up with 5 other pokemon at very high levels, without ever having used them. You should not be able to so easily level a full team without them ever entering battle once during the main story. That was my biggest problem with Exp Share, my pokemon were evolving and learning moves without me using them, so I barely felt attached to them at all or like they were at all useful.

You might think that 50% XP earned means other pokemon level slowly, but look at it this way. 50% xp in this game is the same as if you played another generation and used one pokemon for half of the fights in the game. Even in normal playthrus I never used a single pokemon for half of the fights.

I am pretty sure you could have your starter at level 100 and a team at 70 pre E4 if you used just your starter for every battle and Exp Share on.

Heatran would be banned since it can't be bred or caught in Kalos yet, anyway.

I think Bronzong's better suited for dual screening, while when I think of Magnezone I tend to think of trapping other steels with Magnet Pull and possibly setting up on them.

Yeah, I knew about that, just worded my sentence in the wrong way. About the two pokemons, I thought more about it and I'll probably get Bronzong because of the Levitate, so I can mitigate some of my ground weaknesses.

trixx

So i guess this is why sleep clause is a thing. I lost the match but i found it amusing.

Here's the quite long and nooby sleep tactic: N9BW-WWWW-WWW6-966B

MicH

I just got a non-Kalos shiny Foongus on Wonder Trade. It's absolute ass (no 31 IVs), but pretty cool. First WT shiny!

v1perz53

Ah so close, my friend safari is normal but lilipup, minccino, eevee no ditto. Anyone happen to have a ditto safari, or want any of my safari mon? FC is 3582-8983-6155 if so.

v1perz53

You do realize that the vast majority of kids play use a single pokemon for way more than half the fights right

I think you underestimate kids. As a summer camp counselor for almost 10 years, I spent a large portion of my breaks playing my campers GBAs and DSes, and maybe 10% had a high levelled starter and nothing else. Kids are all about catching every pokemon they see. Especially if it is legendary, give an 8 year old sapphire you can be certain their final team will include Kyogre.

P.S. why do parents let an 8 year old kid bring a $150 game system to summer camp, like half of them lose the thing.

I followed what you said and that was VERY helpful! I already leveled up my trio to 91, 81 and 87 respectively. So yeah, thanks Starwolf!

I think you underestimate kids. As a summer camp counselor for almost 10 years, I spent a large portion of my breaks playing my campers GBAs and DSes, and maybe 10% had a high levelled starter and nothing else. Kids are all about catching every pokemon they see. Especially if it is legendary, give an 8 year old sapphire you can be certain their final team will include Kyogre.
Bolded implies that yes, all my assumptions about kids here were correct. >.>

PBalfredo

Thanks for the ability capsules, Nintendo Playstation. Return the Houndoominite when you're done cloning, no rush.

I'm still looking for an Inner Focus Kangaskhan and a Rindo Berry if anyone has one and can help me out.

Muku

Well, was going to help someone out. Put a Charizardite Y on an old breeding reject to Wonder Trade in hopes of helping, but guess they won't let ya. I guess in some way it's good to protect you from yourself.

Thorakai

I love the new exp share. For post game. I don't think it has any place in the main game they way it currently functions, even if levels were adjusted for it. The main issue with it is that you can use one Pokemon for the entire game, and end up with 5 other pokemon at very high levels, without ever having used them. You should not be able to so easily level a full team without them ever entering battle once during the main story. That was my biggest problem with Exp Share, my pokemon were evolving and learning moves without me using them, so I barely felt attached to them at all or like they were at all useful.

You might think that 50% XP earned means other pokemon level slowly, but look at it this way. 50% xp in this game is the same as if you played another generation and used one pokemon for half of the fights in the game. Even in normal playthrus I never used a single pokemon for half of the fights.

I am pretty sure you could have your starter at level 100 and a team at 70 pre E4 if you used just your starter for every battle and Exp Share on.

I realized early on that Exp Share would cause me to have a crazy overleveled team if I utilized my main party regularly. Instead of turning it off I decided to have two of my main Pokemon in my team at a time, then fill the rest of the slots with boxed Pokemon to evolve them and fill-up my Pokedex faster. It was great! I started filling my Pokedex at a much faster rate than I have any other game before. I just got to the Elite Four and my main party Pokemon are between levels 55-60.

Top Bottom