• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

JoeM86

Thanks guys. I really wanted to put together a well balanced, hard hitting team that is a threat no matter who I throw out there. Unfortunately, I don't think my poor Delphox is going to make the cut lol.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favourites." :)

If you like your Delphox, use it :) I've seen Delphoxs sweep before

Gotten myself a 2DS, and then gotten myself the free copy of X after buying Mario Kart.

Once I finish off Black 2 then I can finally get into this game....and eventually start transferring my pokemon from LeafGreen and Pearl as well.

Craziest thing about all this is that I checked my old data and never knew I had a shiny Graveller the whole time in my Pearl data o_O

I'm interested, I'll need a US god ditto for my JP Y game.
Oh right, Yveltal. I got a Powersaves today primarily so I could have multiple save files without buying a new cart each time, but that also means I can clone that easily now. Will do after I clean the kitchen. Even if you got one by now, it's still a near-flawless Yveltal and I did say I would get you one.

Though do remember that the game determines whether a Pokemon's foreign by language, not region. :p

P.S. Since I mentioned that I have one, if any of you ask me to use any of Powersaves's actual codes so I can get you something then I am going to have to kill you. Me no like actually editing a save file

Oh right, Yveltal. I got a Powersaves today primarily so I could have multiple save files without buying a new cart each time, but that also means I can clone that easily now. Will do after I clean the kitchen. Even if you got one by now, it's still a near-flawless Yveltal and I did say I would get you one.

Is that the dongle that allow you to transfer your save to the PC? Head about that but I thought it was DS only.

Is that the dongle that allow you to transfer your save to the PC? Head about that but I thought it was DS only.
3DS-only AFAIK.

Since it lets me back up my save files, if I put a Pokemon on a different cart or onto the Pokemon Bank and then reload my back-up then there are two copies of that Pokemon. The device also has cheat codes but I have no intention of touching those.

3DS-only AFAIK.

Since it lets me back up my save files, if I put a Pokemon on a different cart or onto the Pokemon Bank and then reload my back-up then there are two copies of that Pokemon. The device also has cheat codes but I have no intention of touching those.

Interesting. I imagine this save a lot of time but also a lot of the "magic" in pokemon raising.
But at least you can't edit pokemon stats, right? I remember reading something about here. You can backup the save but there's no pokesav/pokegen/whatever.

Edit: Nevermind. I was thinking of this:

http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/SaveDongle.asp

And apparently it works with 3DS now.

one_kill

Though do remember that the game determines whether a Pokemon's foreign by language, not region. :p

P.S. Since I mentioned that I have one, if any of you ask me to use any of Powersaves's actual codes so I can get you something then I am going to have to kill you. Me no like actually editing a save file
Can I get a Yveltal too? I've been looking for a competitive one for ages with no luck :\

Anyone got a random pokemon with pokerus? I need to infect some pokes i want to EV train lol.
If you still need one, I'll give you one if you can wait an hour or two as I've just woken up

Would anyone happen to have a Hidden ability sneasle their are willing to trade?
Sure dude, just PM me your FC and IGN and I'll get back to you soon

lupinko

Yeah I'll still take it, thanks.

PBalfredo

Repeating for a new page, I'm in need of an Inner Focus Kangaskhan. Trying to find specific ability on GTS is a huge pain. I don't care about IVs or anything, I just need the hidden ability so I can start breeding my own.

Repeating for a new page, I'm in need of an Inner Focus Kangaskhan. Trying to find specific ability on GTS is a huge pain. I don't care about IVs or anything, I just need the hidden ability so I can start breeding my own.
I have a Dream Ball one I transferred from BW1. I can help you out after I get the two Yveltal I guess.

EDIT: If you don't want a clone then I'll need a few minutes to hatch one of course

PBalfredo

I have a Dream Ball one I transferred from BW1. I can help you out after I get the two Yveltal I guess.

EDIT: If you don't want a clone then I'll need a few minutes to hatch one of course

Will the clone have the blue pentagon symbol? Though even if it doesn't, the one I breed from it should have it, so either will be fine. Thanks.

My FC is 0001-3764-1620

PBalfredo

Just got X via the Club Nintendo deal. :D

I was pretty bummed that I would have qualified for that deal had I not already registered my 3DS and games earlier. Way to punish customers for registering their stuff, Nintendo. Now I know to never, ever register anything unless it's for something specific.

Wichu

I was pretty bummed that I would have qualified for that deal had I not already registered my 3DS and games earlier. Way to punish customers for registering their stuff, Nintendo. Now I know to never, ever register anything unless it's for something specific.

Pretty sure these kinds of deals are mainly to entice new customers rather than reward existing ones. This is why I never register games/consoles until I need to ;)

one_kill

Pretty sure these kinds of deals are mainly to entice new customers rather than reward existing ones. This is why I never register games/consoles until I need to ;)
I should start saving my codes too

I just fear I might forget and they'll go to waste lol

Zenaku

After accidentally killing my first shiny of Pokemon Y some time ago (Poliwhirl; I had the sound turned off and wasn't looking at the screen, so didn't notice it was a shiny) I've just come across my second shiny of the playthrough: Poliwhirl. Yep, I found another shiny of the same exact Pokemon.

Kinda nice in a way, because I regretted not noticing the first time, but to think if I'd caught it I could get a shiny Poliwrath and Politoed, it still hurts.

Was running across another pure luck, or is there any possibility that the chances of encountering a shiny Pokemon increases if you've already seen/captured a shiny version of that species? Does anybody know if any reforms have been made to the encounter rate yet?

one_kill

After accidentally killing my first shiny of Pokemon Y some time ago (Poliwhirl; I had the sound turned off and wasn't looking at the screen, so didn't notice it was a shiny) I've just come across my second shiny of the playthrough: Poliwhirl. Yep, I found another shiny of the same exact Pokemon.

Kinda nice in a way, because I regretted not noticing the first time, but to think if I'd caught it I could get a shiny Poliwrath and Politoed, it still hurts.

Was running across another pure luck, or is there any possibility that the chances of encountering a shiny Pokemon increases if you've already seen/captured a shiny version of that species? Does anybody know if any reforms have been made to the encounter rate yet?
Were you chain fishing? It can take some time and is limited to a number of Pokemon, but it's the most reliable method of obtaining shinies in the game.

Zenaku

Were you chain fishing? It can take some time and is limited to a number of Pokemon, but it's the most reliable method of obtaining shinies in the game.

No. The first time I encountered one was fishing, but I was switching rods and moving constantly, and finding different Pokemon, so there was no chain. The guy on route 16 also told me the other day that my record was 14. The one I found about half an hour ago I was surfing, in Champion Road. No chain there, naturally.

Sadly I've never got a successful chain past 40. Somewhere in the 30's is my limit, and that was Zoroark.

Finally got to get the exact IVs of Yveltal:
Yveltal | Modest | Dark Aura | 31.31.31.30.31.28 |
It was my second attempt so I settled with that and hoped for the best. For mixed I don't think you can do significantly better. IIRC I wanted to go with a bulkier build so I wasn't too concerned about the imperfect speed. That and I wanted to go mixed. Will clone that and Kanga after this KI:U session. FC: 3050 - 7685 - 5267
My SD card is too small for Bank/Transporter and Pokemon X. How does one transfer to a new SD card?
From what I hear, it's as easy as copy/paste onto a new card via computer.
Can confirm this works. I recommend Sony if you haven't bought a new card yet. Sandisk's QA isn't very good.

Muku

Yeah I bought used HG at a book off here in Sendai. Back home in Vancouver you get ripped off for HGSS with Craigslist or ebgames/gamestop outlandish prices for chewed up carts. True story but a ebgamestop sold me a bootleg Pearl cart. I noticed it and took it back immediately, luckily they gave me another actual legit cart. Because I got the cart only I had to buy the game's packaging from ebay which came with an unused Club Nintendo voucher which I used. Lol

The sad part about Jp Club Nintendo is that unlike NA CN the voucher codes actually expire.

I got all the other older games LG/RSE/DPt/SS off craigslist and W/BW2 from retail.

I liked X enough to play through all the older games.

I also bought a new copy of ranger from amazon. Lol

Yeah, I've had nothing but problems with GameStop which is why I tend not to bother. I know damn well the game I bought while on vacation in States last year - Pokemon X - was used, charged as new. Left it alone because I didn't feel like starting my vacation off dealing with them. (Later found out Walmart was just down street from them, ugh!)

Japan is the only place I don't mind buying used. The box my copy of X came in yesterday is beautiful. Code inside and everything. Gotten some used stuff here and love it. Going back to States I'll have to tend to buy new again though. Ugh. And yeah, the CN numbers expiring has always cracked me up here. I don't bother with CN in Japan here because we buy some stuff but not enough to make it worthwhile. Do you register your CN stuff here?

I think tailow hordes are extinct from this game, been over an hour trying to find one.

I felt that way too. Took me a good 45 minutes to get one of those Hordes to show. And that was with Combee with me using Sweet Scent. >< I was about ready to pack it in thinking I was in wrong area when one showed up. Think it's just 'cuz I was after them. Few days later went to same area to find another horde of stuff and ended up getting a bunch of Tailows.

Muku

Muku, I have your Ditto if you're on
Otherwise we can do it later

You wanted a 6IV Eng Ditto right? I ended up getting a shiny. Is that alright?

Yeeeessss I did. Hah shiny? That's fine! :) Sorry working on a project on this end, let me hop on now.

Edit: Well, finding my FC on my JP 3DS is as lackluster as my (main) US one in terms of FS Pokemon. ;_; Actually, scratch that. All 3DS's have shit in FS. Yay.

PBalfredo

Thank you so much for the Kangaskhan! I really needed it and it has been such a pain trying to get one.

Edit: Muku do you still have that Ponyta from your giveaway, or did you WT it?

Muku

Thank you so much for the Kangaskhan! I really needed it and it has been such a pain trying to get one.

Edit: Muku do you still have that Ponyta from your giveaway, or did you WT it?

If it was 5IVs, they're gone. Still holding on to the 6IV ones right now. Been a bit busy to deal with them. Would you like a 6IV one?

Muku

Thanks for the Ponyta, Muku!

Ugh, I swear every Psychic friend safari has Wobbuffets in it :mad:

I hate those. Just want to unlock the Pokemon (or go shiny hunting) and 99% of them won't let you just run. It's same with Psychic FS's here too. I try to avoid going into them at all cost now.

Edit: Wondering... if I should do the long process to unlock Shiny Charm at start of JP X or wait until I've beaten game then unlock it.

Top Bottom