• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

DaBoss

Yeah yeah.. I fucked up getting the game after the event was over lol

Can you guys spare one? I asked for one over GTS, but chances are slim.
Well I would if I had one lol. Or at least know which one it is. I never bred a Blaziken.

Gotta have Luxury Ball Pokemon and the ones that definitely won't have Luxury Balls are low priority no matter how much I like them.

MicH

I have a lot of Impish Chespins by the way. All have four egg moves (Spikes, Synthesis, Curse and Quick Guard). Most should have 4 or 5 perfect IVs, but I haven't marked them. Let me know if you want one.

To those who like luxury balls, I have some female Unnerve (HA) Aerodactyls in luxury balls up for grabs as well

Sleepwalker

Trying to figure out a team in this gen has become a nightmare, too many of the old used mons are now mostly rarely used or have too many counters.

This is gonna take a lot of trial and error haha, still searching for a pokemon with pokerus who can infect my mons if anyone has one, can be a pidgey for all i care lol.

Also, is anyone on willing to help me evolve a scyther?

KiraFA37

Gotten a level 100 Agron with 2 good egg moves and good nature through wondertrade. I'm going to EV-train it and use it in my gym.

Trying to figure out a team in this gen has become a nightmare, too many of the old used mons are now mostly rarely used or have too many counters.

This is gonna take a lot of trial and error haha, still searching for a pokemon with pokerus who can infect my mons if anyone has one, can be a pidgey for all i care lol.

Also, is anyone on willing to help me evolve a scyther?

I"ll help with scyther and pokerus, add me we'll do some unprotected trading. (FC is on my profile, IGN is Serena)

I have a lot of Impish Chespins by the way. All have four egg moves (Spikes, Synthesis, Curse and Quick Guard). Most should have 4 or 5 perfect IVs, but I haven't marked them. Let me know if you want one.

To those who like luxury balls, I have some female Unnerve (HA) Aerodactyls in luxury balls up for grabs as well

I'm interested in the 5 IV ones : o

Any interest in a 5 IV Feebas or Eevee?

Frost_Ace

Have I already said that I love Bisharp? Today playing in doubles someone sent me two pokemon with intimidate against it and Iproceded to sweep evertthing with +2 sucker punch. Even without sucker punch, knock off is insanely powerful coming off that base atk stat, it doesn't help that dark is such a good attacking type this gen

I'm going to get a physical copy of X on Monday and play it in Korean because playing it in my native language was too easy and Japanese still wasn't hard enough because I actually knew some basic Japanese. I suppose I better learn how to read hangul over the weekend though so I can at least memorize the names of things. I've been wanting to do that anyways.

Hmm, now to just decide what Korean pop idol to name my girl after...

Also I am insane and need somebody to control me. I clearly love XY way too much. Not healthy!

one_kill

I'm going to get a physical copy of X on Monday and play it in Korean because playing it in my native language was too easy and Japanese still wasn't hard enough because I actually knew some basic Japanese. I suppose I better learn how to read hangul over the weekend though so I can at least memorize the names of things. I've been wanting to do that anyways.

Hmm, now to just decide what Korean pop idol to name my girl after...

Also I am insane and need somebody to control me. I clearly love XY way too much. Not healthy!
Who???

I've logged about 550+ hours, maybe nearing 600, in my Y cart so far. I think it's the most I've ever played any game! I'm starting to wind down, but I find myself binging on Pokemon from time to time lol.

Has there been any news on an Enhanced Remake(s) for this gen (Z, X2/Y2 whatever)? I'm looking to pick up a 3DS by the time Smash comes out and I am willing to wait a bit for Pokemon Z.

If it ends up coming out in the middle of 2015 or something, which version of X and Y is the "Red" version? By this I mean the one that has a Fire Starter-mon or a Fire (or mix, like Ruby) Legendary as its mascot. I'm assuming ts X since it gets top billing.

one_kill

Has there been any news on an Enhanced Remake(s) for this gen (Z, X2/Y2 whatever)? I'm looking to pick up a 3DS by the time Smash comes out and I am willing to wait a bit for Pokemon Z.

If it ends up coming out in the middle of 2015 or something, which version of X and Y is the "Red" version? By this I mean the one that has a Fire Starter-mon or a Fire (or mix, like Ruby) Legendary as its mascot. I'm assuming ts X since it gets top billing.
The Red version is Y because it shares the same colour ;)
X is Blue

DaBoss

No, they haven't released 'Z' yet.

I got no clue what you're saying in the second part of your post. The only thing that exists is first version and second version which is a given by the order of the games' names. So Red, Gold, Ruby, Diamond, Black, and X are the first versions, while Blue, Silver, Sapphire, Pearl, White, and Y are the second versions.

No, they haven't released 'Z' yet.

I got no clue what you're saying in the second part of your post. The only thing that exists is first version and second version which is a given by the order of the games' names. So Red, Gold, Ruby, Diamond, Black, and X are the first versions, while Blue, Silver, Sapphire, Pearl, White, and Y are the second versions.

From my experience during Elementary School with Gen1 and 2 (and later high school with HG/SS) there are always specific versions that people prefer outside of the Enhanced Remakes. There was always the divide between those who thought Red was better than Blue, or Gold (HG) was better than Silver (SS). I'm asking what is the current Pokemon culture like when it comes to this arbitrary divide? The use of letters instead of colors has thrown me a slight curveball. In fact, each gen since 3 has done the same. There hasn't been a clear distinction between Red and Blue, Fire and Water since 3. (Charizard/Blastoise, Ho-Oh/Lugia, Groudon/Kyogre)

one_kill

From my experience during Elementary School with Gen1 and 2 (and later high school with HG/SS) there are always specific versions that people prefer outside of the Enhanced Remakes. There was always the divide between those who thought Red was better than Blue, or Gold (HG) was better than Silver (SS). I'm asking what is the current Pokemon culture like when it comes to this arbitrary divide? The use of letters instead of colors has thrown me a slight curveball. In fact, each gen since 3 has done the same. There hasn't been a clear distinction between Red and Blue, Fire and Water since 3. (Charizard/Blastoise, Ho-Oh/Lugia, Groudon/Kyogre)
The older generations don't care

It only mattered in the past because we were younger

DaBoss

Ahh, yea that still exists lol. I thought you wanted to know what was considered "fire" and what was considered "water".

Most popular version for mainline games I believe is always the first game as indicated by sales.

Diamond > Pearl
Black > White
Black 2 > White 2
X > Y

Though with the remakes for Gold/Silver, I found that more people on the Internet thought of Soul Silver as the superior version.

Aggrotek

So I am trying to download X version via the free promotion, but the download keeps getting an error.

The little cubes stop dropping after a while and the download times out. No matter how many times I try it...

Muku

Guys, is it possible to get Speed Boost Torchic this gen?

As far as I know they were distributed as male only last gen, so no passing hidden abilities.
But if someone transfered it to XY, he can pass the ability, right?

I finnaly beat the game (the ending was kinda meh), but I think now is when pkm really starts. I was looking at a competitive team, and I love Blaziken, but what makes it so good is his hidden ability.

EDIT: Apparently there was an event for Torchic. Let's hope that the ability has spread enough so I can find one to call my own lol.

I WT'd all my extra Speed Boost Torchic's a couple weeks ago.. but if you still need one I could breed you one real quick.

No kidding? That's the one. You and Muku have made my day! I'm online now.

Glad my Monsoon isn't the total disaster it feels like it is to me. :( Wanted Sandstorm so bad. Ah well, better than having that shitty Elegant one.

Ahh, yea that still exists lol. I thought you wanted to know what was considered "fire" and what was considered "water".

Most popular version for mainline games I believe is always the first game as indicated by sales.

Diamond > Pearl
Black > White
Black 2 > White 2
X > Y

Though with the remakes for Gold/Silver, I found that more people on the Internet thought of Soul Silver as the superior version.

It's funny looking at that. I tend to go with the one that sells the most. But in this instance I realized I got Pearl over Diamond.

Edit: Hmm. My progression was...

Red -> Silver -> Ruby -> FireRed -> Pearl -> SoulSilver -> Black -> Black 2 -> X

Though Gen 1 ended up picking up Blue and Yellow later. Gen 2 ended up picking up Gold as well as Crystal. And this generation I own X and Y. Though I think I have a thing for red.

v1perz53

I just ran through the versions that I had growing up and man my reasons were random. Got Red as a kid as a gift, so I didn't have the option to chose. Got silver because I thought Lugia was a badass after the movie and Ho-oh looked dumb on that cover, and got Ruby over sapphire because I had the red one in gen I (big mistake, Kyogre >>> Groudon). Skipped gen IV at first, but ended up with platinum which is a far superior version, and picked White over Black because Zekrom looked cooler than Reshiram, stuck with white for BW2.

X/Y was tough because I preferred Charizard X, but I liked Yvetal and Mewtwo Y better. Ended up not mattering as I got both.

I WT'd all my extra Speed Boost Torchic's a couple weeks ago.. but if you still need one I could breed you one real quick

If its not too much to ask... Then we can trade it plus hotsuma. :)

Btw.. Just seen a shiny greninja for the first time.. The thing is black with a red scarf.. Carbon copy of the real hotsuma! I gotta get me one of those eventually.

Muku

If its not too much to ask... Then we can trade it plus hotsuma. :)

Btw.. Just seen a shiny greninja for the first time.. The thing is black with a red scarf.. Carbon copy of the real hotsuma! I gotta get me one of those eventually.

You want one? Could clone you one I have if you want a shiny one. Even has Protean (I get really lucky with Pokemon and wanting HAs coming out shiny first time.)

31/x/x/31/31/31

You want one? Could clone you one I have if you want a shiny one. Even has Protean (I get really lucky with Pokemon and wanting HAs coming out shiny first time.)

31/x/x/31/31/31

Fuck yeah please! Nature? Can you name it hotsuma? Lol

The first frokie was perfect thoygh, right?

Muku

Fuck yeah please! Nature? Can you name it hotsuma? Lol

The first frokie was perfect thoygh, right?

Nature is Timid. I sure can. You can still have other one too if you want. (Though if you want me to change it back to Froakie for ya let me know that as well.)

First Froakie is Timid as well but 31/31/31/31/31/x and doesn't have Protean.

Edit: Okay, just got your Torchic hatched (5IVs). Now to get the Shiny Froakie made...

Sleepwalker

Muku, I would absolutely love a speed boost torchic too if it's not a bother.

Gotten a level 100 Agron with 2 good egg moves and good nature through wondertrade. I'm going to EV-train it and use it in my gym.

I"ll help with scyther and pokerus, add me we'll do some unprotected trading. (FC is on my profile, IGN is Serena)

Had to go off man, if you are still here, i'd appreciate it that. I'll add you

Muku

Of course!, I'll breed my own, I just need the ability :)

Will hop on real quick in a moment (in middle of cloning) so you can nab it off me.

Sure, can help ya evolve Scyther.

Edit: Well, tried. Will be back on shortly then after I can get this clone.

Sleepwalker

Will hop on real quick in a moment (in middle of cloning) so you can nab it off me.

Sure, can help ya evolve Scyther.

Edit: Well, tried. Will be back on shortly then after I can get this clone.

Ahh i was there, i just rejected because scyther wasn't carrying a metal coat lol, np i'll wait.

PBalfredo

Does the move reminder not let you remember moves from prior evolutions? I spent today leveling up and EV training my Mienshao, not worrying too much about what it was learning as it leveled, knowing I had plenty of Heart Scales. But I can't learn Quick Guard from the move reminder, which as it turns out is the one move listed under "By a prior evolution" in Bulbapedia. Did I just screw myself?

DaBoss

Does the move reminder not let you remember moves from prior evolutions? I spent today leveling up and EV training my Mienshao, not worrying too much about what it was learning as it leveled, knowing I had plenty of Heart Scales. But I can't learn Quick Guard from the move reminder, which as it turns out is the one move listed under "By a prior evolution" in Bulbapedia. Did I just screw myself?
Yes, unless you can reload the save.

Top Bottom