• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

RoySFNR

Anyone interested in a reckless Double Edge Starly in a premier ball? People have been going nuts for it on the GTS which has netted me quite a bit of legends.

PBalfredo

Random though: What's the deal Santalune City's music. It sounds like there is a hoedown going on. How does this fit as town music in a France-themed region?

Yowch. In these cases, would it be fair to generate a 30 IV Ditto or Ditto with those spreads and breed with that?
I used a ditto with that exact spread to breed HP fire. Froakie was my first attempt but Roselia was my first success with it. Meanwhile, I was getting HP water, steel, psychic, fighting, electric and grass before getting a fire Froakie. I'm kinda wondering though what my IVs are with the electric one.

Shiny Charm GET

I have to thank GF for having so many Pokemon available in Kalos, made completing the dex so much easier.

Edit: Just found a shiny ponyta

Got my second wild shiny ever (my first since a Drowzee in HeartGold) Murkrow in a horde!

Feels good.... I can only imagine the satisfaction of hatching one.

PBalfredo

I'm at the name rater, and I can name my Tyranitar "Gosh" and "Zilla", but not "Goshzilla". What is it about Goshzilla that's tripping the game as a banned word?

ReiGun

I think that I've become addicted to raising and breeding Pokemon. I started doing this in the hopes of making my first team for battling, but now I'm just constantly picking out new pokes I want to breed and raise and having a great time just doing that. It's incredibly soothing, and I can do it while watching a movie or reading, thus satisfying my Internet-addled brain's need for constant over stimulation. My boxes are filling up though...

All that said, I think I've settled on a group I like:

Florges
Dragonite
Mamoswine
Venusaur
Scizor
Greninja

And if that doesn't work, I'm sure I'll breed a ton more to replace those. lol

Okay, so my mono-type steel team is ready, but I need to choose the ones that will get into the actual team. Those that I trained are:
- Lucario
- Aegislash
- Magnezone
- Bronzong
- Metagross
- Skarmory
- Excadrill
- Empoleon
- Ferrothorn
- Aggron

Now I only need to form the team.

one_kill

Okay, so my mono-type steel team is ready, but I need to choose the ones that will get into the actual team. Those that I trained are:
- Lucario
- Aegislash
- Magnezone
- Bronzong
- Metagross
- Skarmory
- Excadrill
- Empoleon
- Ferrothorn
- Aggron

Now I only need to form the team.
Skarmory, Excadrill, Ferrothorn, Aggron, Aegislash, x

| 1,1 | Articuno | Calm | Pressure | 29.21.31.31.30.31 |

Okay yeah I think I'll keep this for now. If anyone wants a clone just holler.

P.S. lupinko when can I get you your Yveltal?

Muku

The Nature part is easy, but the IV increasing part sounds harder than it really is apparently.

Let's do it like this.
Send me the shiny timid protean cloned hotsuma greninja (froakie).
Than the new timid protean froakie. I'll breed it with the god ditto you sent me and see if I can get a perfect one. Might even be shiny since you sent me a japanese one.

The original froakie you were going to send me you can WT. Or maybe offer here. I'm sure it would find a good home.

Sounds like a plan. Being given a 5IV + 6IV means you'll have 4 and 5IV ones popping out generally. Though you could get the elusive 6IV one. If so, you'd definitely want to replace the 5IV Froakie with it. At that point you'll see 5's and once in a blue moon 6's.

Man I just noticed that I'm staying more in the Pokemon areas now that I'm in GAF rather than in other threads.
Maybe it is because I don't want to get banned, and here I can have a relevant conversation.

It's okay, once I found PokeGAF, I pretty much stay here too, haha. Though recently have decided to pop out once in a while. I have too much fun on PokeGAF side.

I think that I've become addicted to raising and breeding Pokemon. I started doing this in the hopes of making my first team for battling, but now I'm just constantly picking out new pokes I want to breed and raise and having a great time just doing that. It's incredibly soothing, and I can do it while watching a movie or reading, thus satisfying my Internet-addled brain's need for constant over stimulation. My boxes are filling up though...

All that said, I think I've settled on a group I like:

[...]

And if that doesn't work, I'm sure I'll breed a ton more to replace those. lol

I have this problem too. :( It's so fun! I have boxes of shit I gotta get through. Some of it's just for IVs.. some of it's for IVs+Shiny. So addicting...

Wait, what the... I checked my WT pokemons received and noticed that I got a Panpour shiny, and a "legitimate" one, bred in Kalos. Why would anyone give away a shiny? Maybe this one is a clone, but I don't care, at least it has the blue pentagon.

Muku

Wait, what the... I checked my WT pokemons received and noticed that I got a Panpour shiny, and a "legitimate" one, bred in Kalos. Why would anyone give away a shiny? Maybe this one is a clone, but I don't care, at least it has the blue pentagon.

Maybe it's someone who doesn't really know about shiny. :O

Sounds like a plan. Being given a 5IV + 6IV means you'll have 4 and 5IV ones popping out generally. Though you could get the elusive 6IV one. If so, you'd definitely want to replace the 5IV Froakie with it. At that point you'll see 5's and once in a blue moon 6's.

Great. i'm online.

I'm Rafa.

Cool. Had to put my X cart in my other 3DS earlier so lost the offline list of all my friends .. haha gotta wait til they all come back on.

You can jack capsule for yourself or leave it for friend. ;)

Oh man, I didn't even see the capsule! I'll leave it for her cause I know those things are such a pain to get. Thanks!

Boogiepop

Gah, Fossils+Hidden Abilities=pain. Gone through like 60 pokes and I STILL haven't even been able to replace the initial 2 IV mother with something better to breed with the god ditto. Super frustrating!

Gah, Fossils+Hidden Abilities=pain. Gone through like 60 pokes and I STILL haven't even been able to replace the initial 2 IV mother with something better to breed with the god ditto. Super frustrating!
Males pass down HA with Ditto in X/Y. The rate is reduced from that of female breeding, but it should serve as an intermediary replacement. (Just means slightly reduced chance that a female will be HA)

Boogiepop

Males pass down HA with Ditto in X/Y. The rate is reduced from that of female breeding, but it should serve as an intermediary replacement. (Just means slightly reduced chance that a female will be HA)

IIRC it's a 20% pass rate from males vs. I believe a 60% rate for females, so it doesn't seem like a good idea to swap in a male. Fortunately I did finally get a step further thanks to the patented complain to GAF system, so I'm now feeding in 3 of the ideal IVs!

Parfait

As a person about to do the psychic gym, and as such has never experienced The Battle Maison for myself, would it be a big annoyance to ask someone for a sharp fang? I'd like to evolve my sneasel asap as it's one of the carries im using until i beat the game :eek:

I really cant wait to get back into breeding. Kind of. There's something about building that perfect team of favorites...

Enjoy your ninja! :)

Thanks Muku. It's absolutelly gourgeous.

I freaked a little bit because right after our trades I accidentaly removed the 3DS cartridge and I thought it hand't saved yet. But it was all there. Close call though.

Since I plan on using the Shiny-Protean Greninja in my team, I promess my first perfect Froakie will be offered here as a thanks to everyone.

As for the Dittos, I shall get then ready for trade tonight.

Muku

Thanks Muku. It's absolutelly gourgeous.

I freaked a little bit because right after our trades I accidentaly removed the 3DS cartridge and I thought it hand't saved yet. But it was all there. Close call though.

Since I plan on using the Shiny-Protean Greninja in my team, I promess my first perfect Froakie will be offered here as a thanks to everyone.

As for the Dittos, I shall get then ready for trade tonight.

You are most welcome. :) Fortunately after trade ends it is saved I guess. Done something stupid like that before afterwards and freaked out. xD That would be an honorable and most awesome gift to PokeGAF. Okay, sounds good. I think I have enough breeding rejects (Eevee's and couple Piplups) to cover it.

Someone got a spare ability capsule for me?

You still need it? If so, it'd have to be quick since I'm only around for a few minutes, but I have one you could have.

Some gave me a Persian Shiny over GTS which I didn't know was shiny until I saw the star in the summary. Xx

Some are just too hard to tell off bat. :( Reallllly hate that.

Edit: one_kill, did you still want a Shiny Froakie? If so I'll see what I can do in morning for ya.

Zelias

Banned
Only one Pokemon left for me to complete the National Dex. It's Landorus, so time to grit my teeth and plough through Pokemon Dream Radar. It'll be worth it though, this will be the first time since Gen I I've completed the Dex :)

Only one Pokemon left for me to complete the National Dex. It's Landorus, so time to grit my teeth and plough through Pokemon Dream Radar. It'll be worth it though, this will be the first time since Gen I I've completed the Dex :)

Congrats! I will complete mine after I get my Steel team ready. Still have some pokes to train.

By the way, if I had Forretress and Excadrill on the same team, would it be better to let Forretress use Rapid Spin and give Excadrill another move? Or keep Excadrill as the spinner and give Forretress Explosion?

fek

Congrats! I will complete mine after I get my Steel team ready. Still have some pokes to train.

By the way, if I had Ferrothorn and Excadrill on the same team, would it be better to let Ferrothorn use Rapid Spin and give Excadrill another move? Or keep Excadrill as the spinner and give Ferrothorn Explosion?
Forretress? Ferrothorn doesn't get rapid spin. Anyway, I'd probably let Excadrill spin if it's scarfed, otherwise I'd go with swords dance and let Forretress spin.

Top Bottom