• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Muku

Does the move reminder not let you remember moves from prior evolutions? I spent today leveling up and EV training my Mienshao, not worrying too much about what it was learning as it leveled, knowing I had plenty of Heart Scales. But I can't learn Quick Guard from the move reminder, which as it turns out is the one move listed under "By a prior evolution" in Bulbapedia. Did I just screw myself?

Believe so. As far as I know your Pokemon can't relearn a move they never got the chance to learn.

PBalfredo

Believe so. As far as I know your Pokemon can't relearn a move they never got the chance to learn.

But I did get a chance to learn Quick Guard as a Mienfoo. So what make this one move impossible to remember when all the other moves that can only be learned at level ups before evolving into Mienshao can be relearned?

Muku

But I did get a chance to learn Quick Guard as a Mienfoo. So what make this one move impossible to remember when all the other moves that can only be learned at level ups before evolving into Mienshao can be relearned?

Maybe you have to actually learn it then? Never really gotten myself into a position like this.

Silver, did you still want the non shiny Froakie too? (And if so want it renamed?)

spiritfox

Cause it's only in Mienfoo's movelist, not Mienshao's, due to GameFreak being GameFreak. If you didn't take it when it was a Mienfoo, you cannot get it as Mienshao. Also, if you lose it as a Mienshao, you cannot get it back.

Muku

Nintendo Playstation: Okay, got your Scatterbug in my English copy. Let me know when you'd like it. (Done.)

Silver: Got your Froakie and Torchic ready.

Sleep: Ready to give ya the Torchic. (Done.) -OMG Shiny Scizor is so badass. I gotta breed one now.

PBalfredo

Cause it's only in Mienfoo's movelist, not Mienshao's, due to GameFreak being GameFreak. If you didn't take it when it was a Mienfoo, you cannot get it as Mienshao. Also, if you lose it as a Mienshao, you cannot get it back.

God. Dammit.

Now I got to breed, EV train and level up a whole new one. Quick Guard was suppose to be key to shutting down the Dark Gym's prankster and Fake Out shenanigans.

Sleepwalker

Nintendo Playstation: Okay, got your Scatterbug in my English copy. Let me know when you'd like it. (Done.)

Silver: Got your Froakie and Torchic ready.

Sleep: Ready to give ya the Torchic. (Done.) -OMG Shiny Scizor is so badass. I gotta breed one now.

Thanks a lot for everything man haha

And yeah he looks great, it was only my 3rd egg too, amazing luck

Muku

You're most welcome Nintendo Playstation!! :D Good way to pay you back for my awesome Ocean Vivi.

Sleep... damn. Lucky!

Edit: If you're around Silver, sent me a request in-game. (Also, what's your IGN again?)

For the record, if anyone needs a rare Vivillon that can be found in an NA 3DS region I can do Scatterbug runs on the X I'm getting Monday before starting my playthrough for real. You can even choose the OT name and language.

For the record, if anyone needs a rare Vivillon that can be found in an NA 3DS region I can do Scatterbug runs on the X I'm getting Monday before starting my playthrough for real. You can even choose the OT name and language.

What would it take to get me an Icy Snow Scatterbug in a classic Pokeball from northern Canada? Gender/Ability doesn't matter. It and Sandstorm are the last two I need to complete my personal collection.

*EDIT* If Sandstorm is possible, I would be eternally grateful for one of those Scatterbugs too.

*EDIT 2* It probably doesn't mean much considering your intent to go reset-collecting, but I have a game with native Ocean Vivillon. In any effect, this is a most generous offer, PreyingShark.

You're most welcome Nintendo Playstation!! :D Good way to pay you back for my awesome Ocean Vivi.

She's so perfect! Monsoon and Savanna are tied for my favorite pattern, with Ocean and Sun tied for third place.

Muku

I would love a Sandstorm Scatterbug (Just looked on 3DS and US 3DS can change to Saudi Arabia and UAE, which is where it should be.) OT name doesn't matter to me. English preferred. Pokeball. Gender/Ability doesn't matter for me either.

Name: Dust Devil

Not sure what you want but have Monsoon if you like. If not can find something else for ya.

She's so perfect! Monsoon and Savanna are tied for my favorite pattern, with Ocean and Sun tied for third place.

Still think Ocean is my favorite. <3 So beautiful. Glad my little girl has a good home.

Muku

Weren't those the nicknames I gave your Oceans? Or was it Vivi?

Vivi was the name of mine. :) Though, Sunrise and Sunset are badass names for it too!

By the way, Vivi is doing great. She is just the most beautiful Vivillon ever. :) Best part is well she's got good IVs and being able to name her.

Muku

I'll take a Monsoon, yeah. My Y is Ocean so just give me whatever. I'll put it in the bank before I start my real Korean Schoolgirl save. :p

Sweet. Don't think we've exchanged FCs before, have we?

Edit: Does anyone here have a Ditto FS? Really need access to one, but the
extremely
few Normal safari's I have access to all have Eevee's. :| I'd like to swap FCs, if that's cool. If not may have to go into beg mode for what I need.

I'll take a Monsoon, yeah. My Y is Ocean so just give me whatever. I'll put it in the bank before I start my real Korean Schoolgirl save. :p

In trade for one Sandstorm Scatterbug and one Icy Snow Scatterbug in PokeBalls, I can offer a shiny 5IV Eevee:

Eevee (*) - male
Anticipation - Hardy - 31/31/31/31/31/x
Yawn, Wish, Synchronoise, Fake Tears

one_kill

Sweet. Don't think we've exchanged FCs before, have we?

Edit: Does anyone here have a Ditto FS? Really need access to one, but the
extremely
few Normal safari's I have access to all have Eevee's. :| I'd like to swap FCs, if that's cool. If not may have to go into beg mode for what I need.
What Ditto natures do you need?

Muku

What Ditto natures do you need?

A lot, but kind of particular. These are natures I'm catching to go to JPN copy of X. I'll drop the list below this, but I need someone to have caught these so they can name them the nature they are. Like earlier I caught an Adamant nature Ditto and named it Adamant. I want a quick way to reference my Ditto's over on that side. I don't care about IV's. Have a few Ditto's already, but still have following to go:

- Bashful
- Bold
- Brave
- Careful
- Docile
- Gentle
- Hardy
- Hasty
- Lax
- Lonely
- Mild
- Modest
- Naive
- Naughty
- Quiet
- Quirky
- Rash
- Relaxed
- Serious
- Timid

A lot, but kind of particular. These are natures I'm catching to go to JPN copy of X. I'll drop the list below this, but I need someone to have caught these so they can name them the nature they are. Like earlier I caught an Adamant nature Ditto and named it Adamant. I want a quick way to reference my Ditto's over on that side. I don't care about IV's. Have a few Ditto's already, but still have following to go:

- Bashful
- Bold
- Brave
- Careful
- Docile
- Gentle
- Hardy
- Hasty
- Lax
- Lonely
- Mild
- Modest
- Naive
- Naughty
- Quiet
- Quirky
- Rash
- Relaxed
- Serious
- Timid

This I probably can help you with.
Back when I played Pkm Black I got one of each Ditto and did the same thing your doing.
They were not perfect Iv'd though.

The game is in my house so I can get it monday (i'm at my parents this weekend). If you still need it by then I will send the flock.

Edit: I only got one neutral nature though. Dont remember which.

Muku

This I probably can help you with.
Back when I played Pkm Black I got one of each Ditto and did the same thing your doing.
They were not perfect Iv'd though.

The game is in my house so I can get it monday (i'm at my parents this weekend). If you still need it by then I will send the flock.

Haha, glad to know I'm not only one here doing that. IV's don't matter. I have a 6IV US and 6IV JP Ditto (in case I bring stuff over from my US copies) to bring over to it. You don't need those copies anymore?

Edit: By the way, got your Torchic and Shiny Froakie ready. :) Not sure if you want old Froakie still. But old Froakie is also Timid, Torrent, and 31/31/31/31/31/x (x isn't 0). If you don't want him I'll WT him. But, if you want a good Froakie (with Protean) to breed with if you ever want to breed your own Shiny Froakie, I can help you with that.

Muku

Blissey vs Sylveon

Battle of the stall!

Edit: Muku do you have any more shiny Froakie?

Sadly, no. It's just a clone of mine that's : 31/x/x/31/31/31 Timid Protean. If you'd like to borrow him and clone him you're welcome to, but I had a hell of a time this morning just getting that one. My juju was just off this morning.

Haha, glad to know I'm not only one here doing that. IV's don't matter. I have a 6IV US and 6IV JP Ditto (in case I bring stuff over from my US copies) to bring over to it. You don't need those copies anymore?

Edit: By the way, got your Torchic and Shiny Froakie ready. :) Not sure if you want old Froakie still. But old Froakie is also Timid, Torrent, and 31/31/31/31/31/x (x isn't 0). If you don't want him I'll WT him. But, if you want a good Froakie (with Protean) to breed with if you ever want to breed your own Shiny Froakie, I can help you with that.

I don't see myself playing Black again anytime soon. I will glady send them to you.
As for Froakies, i'll take both, but name the first one Jiraya... Lol

personagens-jiraya-1a2529.jpg

I still have no idead how to breed for shiny while maintaining nature and imoroving IVs. You are kind of a guru in that regard :)

Muku

I don't see myself playing Black again anytime soon. I will glady send them to you.
As for Froakies, i'll take both, but name the first one Jiraya... Lol

I still have no idead how to breed for shiny while maintaining nature and imoroving IVs. You are kind of a guru in that regard :)

Oh snap, good choice, haha! Will rename him that. :)

Actually, it's not difficult to breed them for shiny, just can be really time consuming. As for Nature... When breeding with a Ditto, you initially breed the Pokemon you want to be shiny with a Ditto of the nature you want, if the original Pokemon isn't it already. So say, I want a Timid Froakie but my Froakie is Jolly. I would take the Jolly Froakie and put it in with a Timid Ditto. This Timid Ditto would be holding an Everstone. (These, in breeding terms, allow the Pokemon holding it to pass on its nature to the baby.) Then the babies would all be Timid rather than random. But if you were going for a Protean Timid Froakie, might take more since getting Protean might take a little time.

Improving IV's is easy if you have 6IV Ditto. Just slap on a Destiny Knot on the Ditto and throw it in Day Care. Destiny Knot takes 5 IVs (from both parents) and passes them down to their babies. You just replace the Pokemon you're breeding with one that has better IV's to keep getting higher up the IV ladder.

Edit: Just got a Timid, Protean Froakie that is 31/31/31/x/31/31 if you would like to try breeding one.

I've only started playing a few days ago... is there anything useful you can put on the touch screen during gameplay? I have the friend finder thing on but with the wireless switch off, it's just an ugly mess.

I've only started playing a few days ago... is there anything useful you can put on the touch screen during gameplay? I have the friend finder thing on but with the wireless switch off, it's just an ugly mess.

I usually switch to Pokemon-Amie on the bottom screen.

You can pretty it up with decorations and get presents from guests.

EDIT

Milotic is in my top 10 pkm so I'm very interested in feebas. What nature?

I just caught a wild shiny graveler btw... No idea of the stats though.

Timid,
which I know some people don't like

If I can find the time, I can probably "easily" breed a Bold or Calm since I have a 6 IV Ditto and Feebas.

That reminds me, I caught a shiny Loudred when hunting for an Eevee safari.

Press L or R, or touch the little arrows along the top bar. Those will take you to Super Training and Pokémon Amie.

The PSS isn't all that bad when you actually use it for trading/whatnot, but the other two are more useful, IMO.

Oh snap, good choice, haha! Will rename him that. :)

Actually, it's not difficult to breed them for shiny, just can be really time consuming. As for Nature... When breeding with a Ditto, you initially breed the Pokemon you want to be shiny with a Ditto of the nature you want, if the original Pokemon isn't it already. So say, I want a Timid Froakie but my Froakie is Jolly. I would take the Jolly Froakie and put it in with a Timid Ditto. This Timid Ditto would be holding an Everstone. (These, in breeding terms, allow the Pokemon holding it to pass on its nature to the baby.) Then the babies would all be Timid rather than random. But if you were going for a Protean Timid Froakie, might take more since getting Protean might take a little time.

Improving IV's is easy if you have 6IV Ditto. Just slap on a Destiny Knot on the Ditto and throw it in Day Care. Destiny Knot takes 5 IVs (from both parents) and passes them down to their babies. You just replace the Pokemon you're breeding with one that has better IV's to keep getting higher up the IV ladder.

Edit: Just got a Timid, Protean Froakie that is 31/31/31/x/31/31 if you would like to try breeding one.

The Nature part is easy, but the IV increasing part sounds harder than it really is apparently.

Let's do it like this.
Send me the shiny timid protean cloned hotsuma greninja (froakie).
Than the new timid protean froakie. I'll breed it with the god ditto you sent me and see if I can get a perfect one. Might even be shiny since you sent me a japanese one.

The original froakie you were going to send me you can WT. Or maybe offer here. I'm sure it would find a good home.

Timid,
which I know some people don't like
If I can find the time, I can probably "easily" breed a Bold or Calm since I have a 6 IV Ditto and Feebas.
That reminds me, I caught a shiny Loudred when hunting for an Eevee safari.

Timid for Milotic is not the best option because it will not help it out run most real threats. But I don't wanna make you waste your time to get a Bold/Calm one. I can do that here.

What's your FC?

OceanBlue

I've been playing on Showdown from time to time recently (probably because I understand the strategy for singles better), and I found this useful tool for evaluating my teams:

http://sweepercalc.com/rmt/

It's nice because apparently every team I make gets mowed down by Mega Heracross and Choice Band Dragonite lol. I'm so bad at team building. :(

Press L or R, or touch the little arrows along the top bar. Those will take you to Super Training and Pokémon Amie.

The PSS isn't all that bad when you actually use it for trading/whatnot, but the other two are more useful, IMO.

Bleh, I was hoping I could at least stick a map or a list of my party there at least.

Timid for Milotic is not the best option because it will not help it out run most real threats. But I don't wanna make you waste your time to get a Bold/Calm one. I can do that here.

What's your FC?

Yeah, I see what you mean. I just find it boring running pretty much the same Milotic all the time : P

Plus I love Leveling Up Milotic, so no sweat if I change my mind and go for a different build.

FC is 4871-3909-8599
IGN is GamerGuides

Will be on in a few minutes with luck.

EDIT

Oh yeah, I can't find your FC/IGN. Also, what gender Feebas?

EDIT2

Will be on later, hopefully.

Man I just noticed that I'm staying more in the Pokemon areas now that I'm in GAF rather than in other threads.
Maybe it is because I don't want to get banned, and here I can have a relevant conversation.

Top Bottom