• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

JulianImp

W.T.F....
I just realized (after beating the game btw) that Greninja's "scarf" is his tongue... Seriously wtf...

It doesn't help that Frogadier doesn't have a tongue/scarf, and that Greninja's animations don't ever use the tongue in a tongue-like manner. Being an amphibian, I'd say exposing its long tongue to air for prolonged amounts of time isn't a good idea, but it sure looks cool.

I've also realized I like Armaldo way more now as I didn't like its sprites at all before, but it looks great in motion as a 3D model.

SeZMehK

It doesn't help that Frogadier doesn't have a tongue/scarf, and that Greninja's animations don't ever use the tongue in a tongue-like manner. Being an amphibian, I'd say exposing its long tongue to air for prolonged amounts of time isn't a good idea, but it sure looks cool.

I've also realized I like Armaldo way more now as I didn't like its sprites at all before, but it looks great in motion as a 3D model.

Speaking of Armaldo, I still don't like the fact that the eyes I thought were eyes are not it's eyes. I'd rather have the red spots as eyes instead of goofy protruding eyes. (I wonder if this is clear, I'm confused after rereading this, lol.)

MicH

Speaking of Armaldo, I still don't like the fact that the eyes I thought were eyes are not it's eyes. I'd rather have the red spots as eyes instead of goofy protruding eyes. (I wonder if this is clear, I'm confused after rereading this, lol.
Yeah it looks stupid. Cradily has the same thing with the eyes

JoeM86

It has been revealed that America & Europe is to hold a new Battle Competition soon. The 2014 April Friendly is to be held in April. This Battle Competition is a Single Battle competition, with only Pokémon in the Kalos Pokédex eligible with no restrictions (so Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde & Mewtwo are eligible), and only if they were hatched/caught in Kalos. The registration period runs from April 17th 2014 to April 24thth 2014 and the competition itself runs from April 25th 2014 to April 28th 2014.

Who's in?

It has been revealed that America & Europe is to hold a new Battle Competition soon. The 2014 April Friendly is to be held in April. This Battle Competition is a Single Battle competition, with only Pokémon in the Kalos Pokédex eligible with no restrictions (so Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde & Mewtwo are eligible), and only if they were hatched/caught in Kalos. The registration period runs from April 17th 2014 to April 24thth 2014 and the competition itself runs from April 25th 2014 to April 28th 2014.

Who's in?
Let's see, Yveltal's going to be popular so I'll need to get a new one with 31 speed so I speed tie. Which means I'll need to back up my current save and do another file up to the Yveltal fight so I can SR for a new one.

Along with playing through the copy of X I got yesterday to make a save back-up in front of Xerneas. At least I can SR for Mewtwo and Zygarde whenever, though I probably won't need Zygarde.

...LET THE MULTIPLE PLAYTHROUGHS AND SOFT RESETTING FEST BEGIN!

Speaking of Armaldo, I still don't like the fact that the eyes I thought were eyes are not it's eyes. I'd rather have the red spots as eyes instead of goofy protruding eyes. (I wonder if this is clear, I'm confused after rereading this, lol.)

I feel the EXACT same way. I thought his red "eyes" were his real eyes for the longest time and I really liked his design. Then I realized his "ears" were his eyes and I don't really care for him any more.

Holy...are you serious? Wait, let me check.

668.gif
Years of thinking that he was mad as hell because of the red eyes, now he is just another pokemon.

wiibomb

may be somebody can help me over here, I need a good IVd female charmander, BUT from a different language from english (want some masuda out of it)

the charmander should at least have 3 IVs and one of them in SpAtk, will give bonus if it has more IVs or if one of them is Speed (the more the better).

I have:

jolly magikarp with Hidden ability (moxie) and perfect IVs in HP/Atk/Def/SpDef/Spd.

adamant gligars with hiper cut and sand veil with perfect IVs in HP/Atk/Def/SpDef/Spd (one of each ability)

modest porygon with hidden ability (analitic) and perfect IVs in HP/Atk/Def/SpAtk/SpDef (the IV spread is on purpose for less speed)

I breeded them all on my pokemon Y (in case of hack suspicion)

dunno if someone can help me with this.

Okay let me hop on in a moment.

It's going to take a while... We are talking about 21 dittos lol

Edit: Do you got a couple of extra master balls? I like the idea of having all legendaries in master balls but I only have 2. Used one for Yvetall and one for Mewtwo.
Zygarde and Moltres are the missing ones.

Muku

It's going to take a while lol... We are talking about 21 dittos lol

Haha yeah. D: Fortunately, yesterday bred a few more reject Piplups, so that I had enough rejects at all. HA!

Edit: I do. Let me attach a couple to some of the rejects. Also, on now. First two will have the Master Balls.

Already have Adamant.

v1perz53

Random question, is there any way to associate your in game friends list with your 3DS friends list? I have a bunch of people that I added for friend safari that never logged on so I don't have their third pokemon or hidden abilities, which in almost all cases was what I wanted, but I have no idea who they are to remove them. I fear the answer to this question is no, but worth a shot.

Muku

Random question, is there any way to associate your in game friends list with your 3DS friends list? I have a bunch of people that I added for friend safari that never logged on so I don't have their third pokemon or hidden abilities, which in almost all cases was what I wanted, but I have no idea who they are to remove them. I fear the answer to this question is no, but worth a shot.

Your FS pulls their information from your 3DS Friend List. As far as I know if you remove them from your Friend List they should be removed from FS. But, if you're looking to attach an in-game name to your 3DS Friend List, yeah that ain't happening.

Edit: Actually, if you count how many in they are in FS then count that many in on friend list might that yield the correct person?

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

In the friend safari it shows them by their 3DS friend list names, I think.

wiibomb

I believe you cannot know from within the game, tried a couple of times, but I still havent found a way

Muku

Ok. Btw... I never 100% checked IVs on these, but I think the Careful one is near perfect based on serebii's calculator.

That's cool. IV's don't matter to me, just the nature. Though plan on checking all (even my own) before I make the move to my JPN copy.

Edit: Will do. :)

The Nintendo 3DS organizes your Friends List in order of registration, with the first registered person on the far left and the newest registered person on the right. If any of your friends are online, it will list them before the offline list.

Provided that none of your friends are online, you can count through you list and match it up to the ingame menu.

Muku

The Nintendo 3DS organizes your Friends List in order of registration, with the first registered person on the far left and the newest registered person on the right. If any of your friends are online, it will list them before the offline list.

Provided that none of your friends are online, you can count through you list and match it up to the ingame menu.

I imagine though you'll be able to go to FS list itself. Count how many in those folks are, then go to your friend list on 3DS and count the same and get the person. The order of the FS should be order you added them in 3DS.

ugoo18

FINALLY!!!!

Back on Gaf, no idea what was happening with my account re-verification when i changed my email :/

Tried it out again today and it's all working :D

What have i missed in PokeGaf recently?

Who's in?

Is it online, or in-person?

lupinko

It's not likely that I'll be able to use then but what can I do with a Gentle Xerneas and Sassy Zygarde?

They're both pretty bad natures I think, they were caught prior to gaining the knowledge of the importance of natures.

Muku

Online apparently.

Breeding for nature is so annoying, been trying to get adamant/hasty/naive gible for days and still no luck :(

That's why you get a Ditto of the nature you want. Attach an Everstone to it, breed it with the Pokemon you want to have that nature. All babies will have that nature. So if you have an Adamant Ditto with Everstone, then breed with Gible, all babies will be Adamant.

What you do at that point with a baby with Adamant is then take the Ditto and other Pokemon out. Give the baby the Everstone (so it passes its nature down to future generations) and give a 6IV Ditto the Destiny Knot. From there you should have babies with Adamant and IVs. Replace Pokemon that is paired with the 6IV Ditto with a baby that has better IVs. Keep replacing the Pokemon with one that has better ones.

Who's in?

That's 3v3 right? I can only imagine how many Mewtwo/Xerneas/Yveltal mirror matches there will be...

Sleepwalker

That's why you get a Ditto of the nature you want. Attach an Everstone to it, breed it with the Pokemon you want to have that nature. All babies will have that nature. So if you have an Adamant Ditto with Everstone, then breed with Gible, all babies will be Adamant.

What you do at that point with a baby with Adamant is then take the Ditto and other Pokemon out. Give the baby the Everstone (so it passes its nature down to future generations) and give a 6IV Ditto the Destiny Knot. From there you should have babies with Adamant and IVs. Replace Pokemon that is paired with the 6IV Ditto with a baby that has better IVs. Keep replacing the Pokemon with one that has better ones.

I thought only the moher passes down nature with everstone? god dammit, the ditto grind is back on.

Muku

I thought only the moher passes down nature with everstone? god dammit, the ditto grind is back on.

Nope, it's male and female. Same with egg moves and abilities. (Though males have a smaller chance to pass on things like Hidden Abilities when breeding with Ditto's versus a female.)

onslack

Who's in?

I'd love to give it a go but....I haven't got a competitive team nor do I know where to start LOL

Good to have some free time to post on here again! How's everyone doing with the Gym challenge?

I have some cloned spares that I'll list when I have a free moment

Wichu

Who's in?

Looks like I need to get myself a Yveltal soon.

Hmm... Mewtwo/Xerneas/Yveltal/Aegislash/Kangaskhan/? sounds pretty good. If I'm allowed to use the most broken Pokémon in the game, I'm damn well going to ;)

Muku

Would anybody here be interested in Monsoon Scatterbugs ready to be trained? I'm breeding them Timid and giving out shit on GTS, but for the 31/x/31/31/31/31 giving them out on here if folks are interested.

Edit: Did have one extremely random exception at start where it was randoming natures and actually came out 31/x/31/31/31/31, before I threw it in with Timid Ditto.

Top Bottom