• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Muku

You got Timid Compound Eyes? I'll get that.... Sandstorm Scatterbug, was it? later.

Yes, Sandstorm Scatterbug named Dust Devil.

All but one I think is Timid/Compound Eyes, so got ya covered there. If we've not exchanged FCs yet, I'll have to dig up my other 3DS FC and give that to ya since my main one is full.

Muku

Whoa, I should visit the Community section more often. I didn't know there was a Pokemon X/Y OT. :D

Welcome! I found this place out after the trade in other side was deader than a doornail. Figured there had to be more activity than where I was looking. ;)

Love dem Pokemon.

Sleepwalker

I'll set them aside for you.

PM me when ever you're ready

edit - I'll check the nature of the Ditto

edit 2 - The nature for the Ditto is Jolly

Thanks so much man, i'll pm you now, sorry had a really busy day. :(

Also, give the ditto to another GAFer then, my 6iv ditto is jolly too.

Welcome! I found this place out after the trade in other side was deader than a doornail. Figured there had to be more activity than where I was looking. ;)

Love dem Pokemon.

Thanks! :D

I need to research more on the new additions to Pokemon. I've played R/S and Pearl, but I never understood IVs and natures and how they affect Pokemon.

Muku

I need to research more on the new additions to Pokemon. I've played R/S and Pearl, but I never understood IVs and natures and how they affect Pokemon.

In all honesty, I never bothered with IVs until this generation. It's so much easier. I had a bit of a basic understanding before, but easier to get stuff done with 6IV Ditto too. Though before I got that I was willing to work my way up the IV latter with varied Ditto's I had. If you need a 6IV Ditto, let us know. Sure one of us here could conjure up one for ya.

In all honesty, I never bothered with IVs until this generation. It's so much easier. I had a bit of a basic understanding before, but easier to get stuff done with 6IV Ditto too. Though before I got that I was willing to work my way up the IV latter with varied Ditto's I had. If you need a 6IV Ditto, let us know. Sure one of us here could conjure up one for ya.

What does 6IV mean? o_O
Thanks for the offer! I'll keep that in mind :)

DaBoss

Two helpful images:
breed2iqsdg.png
The second image has a glaring mistake though. It seems the person who wrote the image is jealous that Luxury Balls are more popular than Premier Balls. It seemed to have affected his/her writing when making this infographic and that sullied this otherwise really good image.

Seriously though, just use whatever type of Poke Ball you like, you don't even have to worry about Poke Ball inheritance unless you want to do it.

Muku

What does 6IV mean? o_O
Thanks for the offer! I'll keep that in mind :)

Means the stats with cap IVs will have the maximum growth while leveling. DaBoss above shares some really good things to help ya get started.

Edit: Also about the second image is it doesn't mention that males with a hidden ability have a 20% chance to pass the ability on to their offspring.

Muku

That only works if the hidden ability male is with a Ditto, though. Right?

As far as I know, yeah. Still think it should have been noted above, especially since with 6IV Ditto no reason not to. ;)

Though noticed in first image the Everstone thing seems a bit confusing. Really should have noted that the Everstone should go on the parent that you WANT the nature from to pass on to the offspring.

DaBoss

Where did this 20% number come from? I know it is lower than the female's HA rate, but I don't see how people are getting concrete percentages.

Muku

Where did this 20% number come from? I know it is lower, but I don't see how people are getting concrete percentages.

I'd like to know as well. At times it feels lower than that. Though at same time males with HA + Ditto have yielded me shiny + HA Pokemon first time so I guess they come out with shiny and HA at best time ever. Can't complain too much, but also very curious about the 20%.

Two helpful images:

The second image has a glaring mistake though. It seems the person who wrote the image is jealous that Luxury Balls are more popular than Premier Balls. It seemed to have affected his/her writing when making this infographic and that sullied this otherwise really good image.

Seriously though, just use whatever type of Poke Ball you like, you don't even have to worry about Poke Ball inheritance unless you want to do it.

Thanks for the info, I'll be studying it. :)

Freeser

I apologize in advance if I didn't search around hard enough for an answer but is there any way to have multiple game saves with the digital version?

Muku

I apologize in advance if I didn't search around hard enough for an answer but is there any way to have multiple game saves with the digital version?

While I don't have the digital version, I'm pretty sure it's like the physical copy in where you can only have one save file.

While I don't have the digital version, I'm pretty sure it's like the physical copy in where you can only have one save file.
Physical copy can buy Powersaves to back up save files, effectively having as many as they wish, but digital versions can't do that.

Muku

Physical copy can buy Powersaves to back up save files, effectively having as many as they wish, but digital versions can't do that.

Yeah, but I'm not sure you can really say that. You can with an asterisk if you're going to put it that way. While yes it's something that's out there I imagine most folks are not going to buy something extra for that. But for sake of what I'm talking about, it's one save file legitimately.

Freeser

What I am trying to do is have a game save separate from my sons. Whether that be a branch of his save with another SD card (he just started) or otherwise. From everything I have seen it doesn't seem like this is possible as it seems to do a cross check with the system ID but i figured I would check with GAF before I gave up.

Muku

What I am trying to do is have a game save separate from my sons. Whether that be a branch of his save with another SD card (he just started) or otherwise. From everything I have seen it doesn't seem like this is possible as it seems to do a cross check with the system ID but i figured I would check with GAF before I gave up.

Well, you can only have one NNID on a system, and if you digital download it it's stuck to that NNID. Think second purchase would be required. Be it a physical cart or buying the opposite version of the game.

Freeser

Well, you can only have one NNID on a system, and if you digital download it it's stuck to that NNID. Think second purchase would be required. Be it a physical cart or buying the opposite version of the game.

Thanks man I appreciate the insight (and all that helped for that matter).

lupinko

You are correct, this also applies to Animal Crossing. The game sends a marker out to the 3ds too preventing multiple saves and whatnot.

But they didn't do this for Dream Radar, hence the Legendary farms! :D

Frost_Ace

You are correct, this also applies to Animal Crossing. The game sends a marker out to the 3ds too preventing multiple saves and whatnot.

But they didn't do this for Dream Radar, hence the Legendary farms! :D
:eek:

question: do the genies from the dream radar have hidden abilities?

LaNaranja

Send out the rocks, son.

But rock pokemon are all such poop. I have looked through them and none of them has caught my eye as something I could turn particularly useful in a situation outside of countering Talonflame. Rotom is a great counter but I hate the way he looks.

Anyway, I have been sweeping a surprising number of teams in 3v3 with Iron Fist Hitmonchan holding an expert belt. If you can pull off Agility at the start of the match without getting killed Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, and Close Combat go through a lot of teams.

one_kill

But rock pokemon are all such poop. I have looked through them and none of them has caught my eye as something I could turn particularly useful in a situation outside of countering Talonflame. Rotom is a great counter but I hate the way he looks.

Anyway, I have been sweeping a surprising number of teams in 3v3 with Iron Fist Hitmonchan holding an expert belt. If you can pull off Agility at the start of the match without getting killed Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, and Close Combat go through a lot of teams.
I think he/she meant rock moves; e.g., Stealth Rock, Rock Slide, Stone Edge

lupinko

Wow I just bred my second 6IV Axew, this time female, but not Shiny. Gaf should I breed this 6IV Axew with the 6IV Ditto instead of the current 5IV Axew doing it's business with the Ditto?

Muku

Wow I just bred my second 6IV Axew, this time female, but not Shiny. Gaf should I breed this 6IV Axew with the 6IV Ditto instead of the current 5IV Axew doing it's business with the Ditto?

I always breed my first 6IV with the Ditto (taking place of the 5). That way you'll be getting 5's and the once in a blue moon 6.

lupinko

I always breed my first 6IV with the Ditto (taking place of the 5). That way you'll be getting 5's and the once in a blue moon 6.

I'm also breeding the Premium Ball, that's why I didn't bother with the first Axew since it was Male. I'll start the Female one then now.

Must get Shiny Black 6IV Haxorus.

I think the one I'd want not Shiny is Misdreavus/Mismagius, yuck the shiny for that is awful.

Speaking of breeding balls, is there a way to breed one for Hitmonchan? I figure not since no females for that line. :/

Muku

I'm also breeding the Premium Ball, that's why I didn't bother with the first Axew since it was Male. I'll start the Female one then now.

Must get Shiny Black 6IV Haxorus.

I think the one I'd want not Shiny is Misdreavus/Mismagius, yuck the shiny for that is awful.

Speaking of breeding balls, is there a way to breed one for Hitmonchan? I figure not since no females for that line. :/

Ah, for ball it doesn't matter so much for me. I generally do Pokeball so works out for me. But in this case if it mattered for me, then I'd say swap out first female 6IV with current one in Day Care. Any extra 6IVs become good trade bait too.

I look at it this way, if one comes out I don't want
and feels like a waste of luck, haha
at least it'll make trade bait for someone. But you're right, that particular shiny is awful.

Some Pokemon just isn't possible to do it with. Male lines and I imagine genderless lines you're pretty much stuck.

onslack

Evening GAF

I have a few clones that I'm giving away, they are -

4 x 6IV JAP Ditto - Jolly Nature

I also have a set of Y Mega stone, I'd like to trade these for their X equivalents

Please PM me with what you would like along with your FC and IGN, We'll sort out the best time to meet and trade

My FC is in my Profile and my IGN is Terry

Quoting for a new page

Anyone have some spare X stones to trade for my Y stones?

Thanks to onslack's 6IV JAP Ditto I'll be able to breed some Reckless Starly with Jolly nature and Double Edge as an egg move that I got off GTS for a Liepard, and because I'm not all that fond of the Pokemon I'll happily give some of them on here once I start breeding them.

Are Giratinas more rare/valuable nowadays, because in Gen IV I got two of them in the same day for stupid things? I can't remember what the second person wanted, but I know the first wanted a Trapinch. On this game people actually want other legendaries for it.

Tell you what man. I keep a stock of 6IVs around, that I don't give out. So when I do give 6IVs out means they're in excess of what I need. Do you have a male 6IV that you've bred since? In my stock I have one female Eevee with 6IV Anticipation.

Aww, I really appreciate your generosity, but I'll be fine thanks. Sadly I didn't get a 6 IV thereafter (unless one of my four unhatched eggs has one), but I'm not too bothered.

My plan is to have a Special Attacker or Tank Sylveon, so my 5 IV Eevee missing Attack will do just fine.

That said, that female Eevee with Anticipation is REALLY tempting for Pixilate. It's just a pain how it can't learn Hyper Voice in X/Y >___<

If you don't mind, I would still love to grab a Modest (or Timid) Vivillon, preferably one with Compoundeyes.

Top Bottom