• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

I'll take any and all breeding rejects. Well, just the Scatterbug and Axew for now ^^

Will be a few hours before I can trade though.

Also, FINALLY hatched a female Eevee with the right IVs. I was beginning to kick myself for not grabbing the last female Eevee from Muku or begging online.

I just realized a Bidoof I got in a wonder trade was caught with a Master Ball. It was caught in Kalos too.

Twitch Plays Pokemon X/Y? lol

Now I see how you guys do IV breeding so effectivily.

Having a God Ditto + Everstone + Destiny bond makes things a lot less complicated.

Now I just gotta understand where in the whole process comes Egg Moves. Is it the very first thing?

spiritfox

Twitch Plays Pokemon X/Y? lol

Now I see how you guys do IV breeding so effectivily.

Having a God Ditto + Everstone + Destiny bond makes things a lot less complicated.

Now I just gotta understand where in the whole process comes Egg Moves. Is it the very first thing?

Yes, especially since chain breeding can get complicated. Best to breed to egg moves, then natures, and finally IVs.

Wichu

Would anybody here be interested in Monsoon Scatterbugs ready to be trained? I'm breeding them Timid and giving out shit on GTS, but for the 31/x/31/31/31/31 giving them out on here if folks are interested.

Edit: Did have one extremely random exception at start where it was randoming natures and actually came out 31/x/31/31/31/31, before I threw it in with Timid Ditto.

Yes please! Monsoon is one of the Vivillon forms I don't have yet. Want anything for it?

lupinko

Oh come on.

I can understand not keeping a Shiny 4IV or even a 5IV because you are looking for that 6IV perfection, but not keeping a 6IV because it is not shiny is insane lol

Who said I was going to toss it? This one is being kept unless I can breed a female 6IV.

It's Adamant/Mold Breaker too with egg moves.

v1perz53

Man, I must have gotten really lucky when I bred my HA poliwag earlier. Did it before I knew there was a difference in rate of passing down hidden abilities between male and female, so I used a male hidden ability poliwag and god ditto. Somehow, 11 of the 20 eggs it took to get a 5 IV poliwag (crazy lucky there too, as original parent had 0 IVs and I never bothered to replace him) had the hidden ability.

Anyway, for anyone new to breeding I recommend reading the guide here:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/breeding-perfect-pokemon-in-pokemon-x-y.3490432/
Really helped understand what was going on and broke it down well when I was starting, and details X/Y breeding changes well.

Some useful things to have for breeding are obviously a 2+ IV ditto, with 6IV being incredibly useful, an army of dittos of all natures you may want, and a male pokemon with cute charm (male cute charm first will make wild pokemon female 66% of the time). Easiest way to get a cute charm male is get a level 19 Eevee (they are 88% male), play with it for 5 min in pokemon aime and level it up once, now you will have a much easier time catching female pokemon, which you need to breed egg moves.

General way I do it. Egg moves first, breed male with the move you want with a female of the pokemon you want, ignore nature and IV. When you have a child with the move, breed it with the ditto that has the nature you want, and give that ditto the everstone. This should produce a baby with moves and nature you want. Switch everstone to that baby, now breed with 2-6 IV ditto holding a destiny knot. Check each baby that hatches, and if it has more IVs than the current parent, switch them (don't forget to switch the everstone!) And thats all there is to it. Hidden abilities are a bit more complicated, but just end up with you having to throw out a bunch of otherwise good pokemon because they have the wrong ability. No special item to pass down hidden abilities.

Sorry for posting something that most here probably already know, but hopefully someone finds it helpful! Smogon link breaks it down way better than I can.

Damn, cannot find any Soul Silver / Emerald / Platinum at a reasonable price where I live. I want so much to do a Wedlocke but just thinking about moving all my pokemons from Ruby and Fire Red to Diamond, from Diamond to Black 2, and from Black 2 to Y makes me feel tired already.

v1perz53

Damn, cannot find any Soul Silver / Emerald / Platinum at a reasonable price where I live. I want so much to do a Wedlocke but just thinking about moving all my pokemons from Ruby and Fire Red to Diamond, from Diamond to Black 2, and from Black 2 to Y makes me feel tired already.

Yea, it is really unfortunate. Emerald is close to $40 on ebay and soulsilver is near $50, both for cartridge only. Plus, you always have to be really careful with GBA games because fakes are so prevalent. Platinum is a little better, you can get that with shipping to the US for around $20, but still a lot for an older game.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Would anyone here be willing to help me evolve two pokés via trade? I just need to send 'em to someone and get them back. I successfully did it with a random person the other day to get an Alakazam, but then when I tried to evolve my Slowpoke to a Slowking with a second random, he refused to send it back. :(

FC: 2809-9444-0823

Would anyone here be willing to help me evolve two pokés via trade? I just need to send 'em to someone and get them back. I successfully did it with a random person the other day to get an Alakazam, but then when I tried to evolve my Slowpoke to a Slowking with a second random, he refused to send it back. :(

Still need help with that?

My FC is 4012 4420 7329

You should never do those trades with randoms. Too risky.

It has been revealed that America & Europe is to hold a new Battle Competition soon. The 2014 April Friendly is to be held in April. This Battle Competition is a Single Battle competition, with only Pokémon in the Kalos Pokédex eligible with no restrictions (so Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde & Mewtwo are eligible), and only if they were hatched/caught in Kalos. The registration period runs from April 17th 2014 to April 24thth 2014 and the competition itself runs from April 25th 2014 to April 28th 2014.

Who's in?
I'm getting in on this, wasn't able to participate in the previous competition.

Now I ask myself: To legendary, or not to legendary?

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Thanks, Pure! If you want me to try to breed any starters and send em your way, lemme know.

I can get you a Tepig, Charmander, Mudkip, Squirtle, or Totodile.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I don't even know what hidden abilities are. Haha. Those are just the starters I have females of, so I could breed them for whoever wants one. Especially if you send me something nice that I don't have. :)

onslack

Evening GAF

I have a few clones that I'm giving away, they are -

4 x 6IV JAP Ditto - Jolly Nature

I also have a set of Y Mega stone, I'd like to trade these for their X equivalents

Please PM me with what you would like along with your FC and IGN, We'll sort out the best time to meet and trade

My FC is in my Profile and my IGN is Terry

JulianImp

Evening GAF

7 x 6IV JAP Ditto
2 x 4IV Shiny Heatran ( with iirc HP Ice)
1 x 6IV Shiny Arecus
2 x 6IV Shiny Shaymin
2 x 6IV Kyogre
4 x 6IV Shiny Mew
1 x 6IV Shiny Genesect
1 x 4IV Keldeo ( with iirc HP Ghost)

I also have a set of Y Mega stone, I'd like to trade these for their X equivalents

Please PM me with what you would like along with your FC and IGN, We'll sort out the best time to meet and trade

May I take the Genesect, a Heatran, and possibly a Mew?

lupinko

Evening GAF

6 x 6IV JAP Ditto
1 x 4IV Shiny Heatran ( with iirc HP Ice)
1 x 6IV Shiny Arecus
2 x 6IV Shiny Shaymin
1 x 6IV Kyogre
2 x 6IV Shiny Mew

I'm interested in a Arceus, Shaymin, Keldeo and a Mew? If possible?

Evening GAF

6 x 6IV JAP Ditto
1 x 6IV Shiny Arecus
2 x 6IV Shiny Shaymin
1 x 6IV Kyogre
2 x 6IV Shiny Mew

If you don't want anything special at all I'd be happy to take a JAP Ditto and a Kyogre off your hands.
Only thing I have of worth currently is 2 5IV Goomys though, sorry.

Powersaves can be used to get 999 master balls. That is my assumption here.

If you can find the OT in your PSS list look up their playstats...
...You won't find anything conclusive. I have a Powersaves so I can confirm that the only suspicious thing you could really find is a low playtime. If they don't have a low playtime then you can't make a solid conclusion. It's likely, though.

Sleepwalker

Evening GAF

5 x 6IV JAP Ditto
1 x 6IV Shiny Mew

I'd love a mew and/or a heathran if possible please!

I'll post my FC in a bit, i'm in class.

Also if any of those dittos is Adamant/hasty/naive i'd love one too!

onslack

I'd love a mew and/or a heathran if possible please!

I'll post my FC in a bit, i'm in class.

Also if any of those dittos is Adamant/hasty/naive i'd love one too!

I'll set them aside for you.

PM me when ever you're ready

edit - I'll check the nature of the Ditto

edit 2 - The nature for the Ditto is Jolly

Muku

Yes please! Monsoon is one of the Vivillon forms I don't have yet. Want anything for it?

You can give me a breeding reject if you like, but willing to take anything for it. Just wanting to spread the Monsoon love since I'm breeding them on my JPN copy. Curious though, what Vivillon does your game have?

Aww... I cocked up and reset when I got a 6 IV Eevee. For some reason I thought IVs were set before you got an egg; was that IV inheritance only?

Tell you what man. I keep a stock of 6IVs around, that I don't give out. So when I do give 6IVs out means they're in excess of what I need. Do you have a male 6IV that you've bred since? In my stock I have one female Eevee with 6IV Anticipation.

Edit: Okay, so have a Monsoon Scatterbug for Wichu.. which means I still have a few left if anyone would like one.

x1 Modest 31/X/31/31/31/31
x6 Timid 31/X/31/31/31/31

Genders vary as do abilities.

v1perz53

Torchic can Baton Pass the speed boosts?

Yep, any stat boost gained in any way that is actually reported as an increase "X's speed rose" can be baton passed. Things that state they affect a stat directly are not passed, like swift swim doubling the actual speed stat during rain.

As an aside, Perish Song is also baton passed, which is my favorite thing to do with a politoed on an obvious baton pass team.

Okay, so have a Monsoon Scatterbug for Wichu.. which means I still have a few left if anyone would like one.

x1 Modest 31/X/31/31/31/31
x6 Timid 31/X/31/31/31/31

Genders vary as do abilities.
You got Timid Compound Eyes? I'll get that.... Sandstorm Scatterbug, was it? later.

Top Bottom