• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

TWILT

Banned
Okkkayy wow, got a shiny Eevee on my 5th egg (I wasn't even trying to MM Breed haha). IVs seem kinda bad for a Sylveon, but let me see...

EDIT: 20-23/31/31/31/0-3/15-18....Guess that's not too bad, but ugggh that special defense stat bothers me to no end.

I love Mew and got my hands on that cloned shiny one floating around. Was thinking of using him. He's timid with synchronize. Any ideal timid mew movesets out there? I'm not sure of the IVs.

Currently has:
U-turn
Psychic
Softboiled
Transform

LaNaranja

I want to try the Masuda Method! I think I am going to try and get the Shiny Charm first. I have 186 right now. Are the legendaries the hardest things to get? Because I have 8 non-Kalos legendaries at the moment and so it should be easy enough to get the remaining ones right?

Hey guys, I have some breeding rejects sitting around if anyone's interested.

5 X 5IV Impish Bergmite w/ Sturdy
too many 5IV Calm Frillish w/ Cursed Body to count. And one with 6 IVs!
2 X 5 IV Jolly Gabite w/ Rough Skin

Otherwise they'll all be wonder traded to people who don't deserve them :p

Edit oh and a 5 IV Adamant Corphish w/ Adaptability

Box

I'd be interested in the Gabite and the Corphish. :3

spiritfox

I want the Corphish! I'm out right now, so can you hang on to it for me?

Edit: Nevermind, Box can have it.

Delio

Can I have a Bergmite and Corphish?

Muku

Okkkayy wow, got a shiny Eevee on my 5th egg (I wasn't even trying to MM Breed haha). IVs seem kinda bad for a Sylveon, but let me see...

EDIT: 20-23/31/31/31/0-3/15-18....Guess that's not too bad, but ugggh that special defense stat bothers me to no end.

What nature? And congrats!

On a side note what is a good nature for Sylveon? Want to work on getting an additional shiny Eevee for Sylveon. Dat blue...

Box

Okay, I'm grinding at Le Wow so just add me and we'll trade soon. FC is 2320-6152-0406 and in game name is Nick

Spiritfox, I have a few 4 IV ones too if you want.

Thanks a lot, man. My FC is on the previous page. I'll be sure to use them.

Found it: 1564-2910-2989

one_kill

It's good, 5 IVs.

It's Boa Toh.
Take care of Merry x-mas!

Yes. Use Gliscor. I'll show you how good Milotic can be. Muahaha...

=P
I wouldn't even try to go against an Ice Beam user with Gliscor lol

I saw a moveset with Dark Pulse,Grass Knot,Ice Beam and Scald. Is that good?
Ice Beam and Scald are good. I'm not sure about Grass Knot as I haven't used it. And Dark Pulse is ok, but I would suggest changing it to something else. Maybe Extrasensory?

It's up to you, but definitely keep Ice Beam to keep Dragons in check.

Sorry, Crimson. I was using a bunch of overpowered shit. Wow @ Mega Pinsir's Return doing that much after a burn. I had the SD up but still.

It was awesome seeing Mantine lol. I wanna make one now.

spiritfox

Thanks macklelol, Cookiepants. I didn't know what you guys wanted so I hope Nidorans are ok.

Edit: I've found my team's weakness: Another Trick Room team.

ugoo18

Quick question about shiny egg hatching.

If i were to save before receiving an egg could i then just keep soft resetting each time the egg hatches till i got a shiny?

If i understand egg generation in XY correctly, the eggs info is only generated once you receive it from the daycare guy?

Does that only apply to IVs or the eggs shiny value as well?

CrimsonN0

whoo, most recent random team of recently trained pokemon finally succeeded in Battle Spot.

Butterfree took out a Reniculus, Lapras, and Golurk one game.
Crustle took out Lucario, Greninja, and Mewtwo in another.

EDIT: Back to losing badly.

backlot

Quick question about shiny egg hatching.

If i were to save before receiving an egg could i then just keep soft resetting each time the egg hatches till i got a shiny?

If i understand egg generation in XY correctly, the eggs info is only generated once you receive it from the daycare guy?

Does that only apply to IVs or the eggs shiny value as well?

I have no idea when the shiny value is generated but IV's are actually generated as soon as you take the previous egg.

*tear*

I wasn't even trying to get one! I just thought, "I've always wanted to use a dragon type. Haxorus looks the best, so I'll try that." Oh man, I'm so happy. I failed to get a shiny Chespin, but a black Haxorus is just as good! Only HP isn't perfect, and it has Rivalry so I'll need to get an Ability Capsule somehow, but whatever!

TWILT

Banned
What nature? And congrats!

On a side note what is a good nature for Sylveon? Want to work on getting an additional shiny Eevee for Sylveon. Dat blue...
You usually want to go Bold Nature and go 252HP/252DEF to maximize it's bulk (it's special defense is already really high). I think Modest or Calm could work depending on the set you want to run.

]
*tear*

I wasn't even trying to get one! I just thought, "I've always wanted to use a dragon type. Haxorus looks the best, so I'll try that." Oh man, I'm so happy. I failed to get a shiny Chespin, but a black Haxorus is just as good! Only HP isn't perfect, and it has Rivalry so I'll need to get an Ability Capsule somehow, but whatever![/QUOTE]
Congrats man! Haxorus is my favorite dragon and it has an awesome shiny!

Muku

You usually want to go Bold Nature and go 252HP/252DEF to maximize it's bulk (it's special defense is already really high). I think Modest or Calm could work depending on the set you want to run.

Sweet thank you. I honestly haven't converted an Eevee to Sylveon yet, so I don't really know jack about Sylveon or what sets can craft with it. Haven't really played with Fairy type yet either, so kind of want a cool Pokemon to jump into it with. (Really not a fan of most of the Fairy types in terms of looks.) Though sounds like it's more of a wall type deal, yeah? Was hoping to run a group with Sylveon and Umbreon, but sounds like it could be too much? Though I guess if I ran Sylveon as Modest it'd be better. Current Shiny Eevee I have is going to be an Umbreon.

*tear*

I wasn't even trying to get one! I just thought, "I've always wanted to use a dragon type. Haxorus looks the best, so I'll try that." Oh man, I'm so happy. I failed to get a shiny Chespin, but a black Haxorus is just as good! Only HP isn't perfect, and it has Rivalry so I'll need to get an Ability Capsule somehow, but whatever!

Congrats! He's beautiful. Actually.. seeing that makes me think I need to add it to my list of shinies to get! :O

one_kill

Just finished EV training my Gligar

Now I've got to duke it out a number of times at the Battle Maison to get the required items

spiritfox

How well does Cradily hold up against super effective attacks, particularly if they're dealt by legendaries?

I'll give it a shot lol

I remember seeing the prizes and thought I didn't really need them, but it should at least be fun for a couple of minutes. Hopefully I get a Razor Fang :D

I have a Razor Fang from popping. You want it? I'll take a Sun Stone or something.

BTW does anyone have a Stealth Rock Aron?

one_kill

Gratz. I find the rankings bit weird, since I get berries when I get a high ranking and stones when it's low.
I've been getting berries and stones too. Granted I haven't red how much each balloon is worth, but the game seems random.

Oh well, I got what I wanted :D

Tiamant

How well does Cradily hold up against super effective attacks, particularly if they're dealt by legendaries?

2 words: mirror coat. I've been slaying legendaries right and left with her. Also take in count storm drain, Kyogre runs away when sees it coming, and if he doesnt and tries to get cute with ice beam, well, mirror coat in the face.

Top Bottom