• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

backlot

Yeah, sure, I'm just cloning these two for now though (have to prepare for exam on Monday)

Also cloning them on Keldeos just because so hell yeah. Look forward to that lol

Could I get one of those Keldeos by any chance? It's one of the few Pokemon I won't have when/if bank comes out.

Just put 252 EVs into speed and sp. attack on my timid protean froakie with hidden power fire. Where should those last EVs go? HP or maybe def/sp.def?

backlot

Just put 252 EVs into speed and sp. attack on my timid protean froakie with hidden power fire. Where should those last EVs go? HP or maybe def/sp.def?

HP is probably best but the single point isn't gonna make a huge difference no matter what stat you put it in.

MicH

You could have kept the Bagon if you wanted, backlot. 5 IV Naive Sheer Force w/ Hydro Pump and Dragon Dance

I always figured that, but wanted to make sure there wasn't a standard practice. Thanks, man!
I got a Bagon and Keldeo w/ Ability Capsule for you too, send me a trade req

So I wanna make a Doubles version of Rain Dance. The only problem is that I have never made a Doubles team in the entire time I've played Pokemon. I already use Kingdra, Ludicolo, Kabutops, Dragonite, Electrode, and others in my Singles version, but I don't know how to make builds for them that would work in Doubles. Help please?

LaNaranja

So I wanna make a Doubles version of Rain Dance. The only problem is that I have never made a Doubles team in the entire time I've played Pokemon. I already use Kingdra, Ludicolo, Kabutops, Dragonite, Electrode, and others in my Singles version, but I don't know how to make builds for them that would work in Doubles. Help please?

I just finished a team with Politoed, Manectric, Dragonite, and Pidgeot.

Edit: I'm still working out the specifics but right now it is:

Manecritic (Mega Stone): Protect, Thunder, Flamethrower, Snarl
Dragonite (Assault Vest): Thunder, Hurricane, Waterfall, Dragon Claw
Pidgeot (Sharp Beak): Hurricane, U-Turn, Round, Tailwind
Politoed (Damp Rock): Scald, Ice Beam, Hyper Voice, Round

Muku

Did you ever get the Ability Capsule to clone? Think I have one sitting on a copy of X if someone wants to borrow and clone it.

If you're going to have constant rain, then Gastrodon actually isn't a bad pick for your team. It'll attract Water-attacks away from your other teammates and dish out STAB Rain-boosted Scalds to punish physical attackers, while soaking up a respectable amount of damage in the meantime. Heliolisk might also work well, since its Dry Skin and Thunder-spam were made for rain.

Ended up snagging a Shiny 6IV Mew and a 6IV Non-Shiny Celebi just now on GameFAQs.

Gonna try getting Jirachi later. I really wanted Keldeo, though. u_u

Kirlia

Banned
Ended up snagging a Shiny 6IV Mew and a 6IV Non-Shiny Celebi just now on GameFAQs.

Gonna try getting Jirachi later. I really wanted Keldeo, though. u_u

Wow! That's really impressive. Is GameFAQs an ideal place to go if you want to negotiate for legendaries?

Have a perfect IV adamant dratini with hidden ability and extreme speed. What's an ideal moveset for the end result Dragonite?

Currently has:
Extremespeed
Dragon dance
Iron tail
Aqua jet

one_kill

So my search for another tank continues. Milotic wasn't as good as I expected. Jellicent is better, but it's not as bulky as my Porygon2 and Mega Venusaur.

macklelol

So my search for another tank continues. Milotic wasn't as good as I expected. Jellicent is better, but it's not as bulky as my Porygon2 and Mega Venusaur.
Don't expect other Pokemon to be as bulky as Mega Venusaur. You'll only end up disappointed.

Have you used Mandibuzz?

one_kill

What set did you run for Milotic?
Scald, Ice Beam, Recover, and Haze

What specific qualities are you looking for?
Just something that could take a whole heap of hits before recovering.

Either something that could burn or poison a Pokemon and just stall, or maybe something that could do damage fairly well before dying.

Don't expect other Pokemon to be as bulky as Mega Venusaur. You'll only end up disappointed.

Have you used Mandibuzz?
Yeah I have, just haven't gotten to it. I might check it out.

Evolite Chansey?
Would be nice, but I'm running Evolite Porygon2 and I'm trying to stick within Battle Maison restrictions.

spiritfox

Scald, Ice Beam, Recover, and Haze

Just something that could take a whole heap of hits before recovering.

Either something that could burn or poison a Pokemon and just stall, or maybe something that could do damage fairly well before dying.

Yeah I have, just haven't gotten to it. I might check it out.

Would be nice, but I'm running Evolite Porygon2 and I'm trying to stick within Battle Maison restrictions.

Maybe a Toxic Orb Poison Heal Gliscor? Unless you're looking specifically for a SpD wall.

Delio

So i was hatching Protean Froakie's and actually got a shiny out of my second bunch. It's running with x/31/31/31/x/31 should I train it? Going for a Special Timid set.

Top Bottom