• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Korosenai

Don't limit yourself to one of each Pokemon. If you feel you can make more than 1 set for a Pokemon, then make more.
That's why I have a couple of Aegislashs now. I'm also gonna work on a timid Greninja and three different Togekiss (timid, modest, and calm). I also want to make a couple Trevenant.

Wichu

I am training my 6 IV timid protean froakie now
what should I ev train him?
I am thinking of sp attack and something else
hp or speed or defense ?

Speed. When people recommend a nature, 99% of the time you'll want to max out the stat raised by that nature.

Also, Greninja isn't surviving anything anyway. You need to make it fast so you can KO the opponent before they can move.

Quest1

Anyone up for some battles? Any format, just let me know. I really should be EV training some of these new dudes but... Meh. It's now the longest part haha. I'll do it later.

MicH

Alright, that's Togepi, Bagon, Vulpix, Tynamo and Goomy rebred. Feebas now. Only need Minccino, Mawile and Greninja x2 after this.

EDIT Woah, Minccino gets a lot of great egg moves .Aqua Tail, Iron Tail and Knock Off.. not sure if I should breed this onto him...

MicH

Man, cloning's a bitch.

What's the best method?
Practice, practice, practice :p i was really bad at first, getting 1 out of 15 or so. Now I get about every other one, so yeah.You need to get the timing down, that's the most important thing.

I would link to the guide I use, but I got told it was bad... soo :p

one_kill

I am training my 6 IV timid protean froakie now
what should I ev train him?
I am thinking of sp attack and something else
hp or speed or defense ?
Like Wichu said, don't bother with anything that isn't speed or sp.attack
Greninja will die in one hit in most cases

For unscarfed, you can try 252 Speed, 252 SpA, and 4 HP

Spinluck

Practice, practice, practice :p i was really bad at first, getting 1 out of 15 or so. Now I get about every other one, so yeah.You need to get the timing down, that's the most important thing.

I would link to the guide I use, but I got told it was bad... soo :p

I think I'm starting to find my rhythm lol. Just cloned 3 in 4 tries just now.:')

feels good.

MicH

I am finally home. I hatched a shiny ferroseed in my second batch. Ivs are shit again. Lol.
Another trophy shiny.
Jesus Christ. Meanwhile, almost 400 hours in, I still only have one legit shiny; my MM'ed Ralts from way back.

*sigh*

Anyway, really happy I'm rebreeding these Pokemon as many are now improved. 6 IV Bagon and now I'm breeding Mawile with Sucker Punch, Ice Fang and Fire Fang. Very cool

SeZMehK

Jesus Christ. Meanwhile, almost 400 hours in, I still only have one legit shiny; my MM'ed Ralts from way back.

*sigh*

Anyway, really happy I'm rebreeding these Pokemon as many are now improved. 6 IV Bagon and now I'm breeding Mawile with Sucker Punch, Ice Fang and Fire Fang. Very cool

In luxury balls right? :p

Thanks for the info on cafe Le Wow - slammin' through levels now.

At what point does it become inefficient? My guys are level 50 range now, so they're growing slower. Is it still worth the 100k pricetag to enter with a team of 50's?

MicH

In luxury balls right? :p
Yeah. Just got a 6 IV Mawile, lol. Guess I'll use that

On to Minccino; already got a male from Wonder trade with Aqua Tail! Cool! Now, should I breed Iron Tail and Knock Off on it just to be on the safe side? Dat 100 power Iron Tail, dat awesome Cinccino Knock Off

Argh!

EDIT Iron Tail is a tutor only move? Huh

At what point does it become inefficient? My guys are level 50 range now, so they're growing slower. Is it still worth the 100k pricetag to enter with a team of 50's?
Why do you want them past level 50?

SeZMehK

Well, competitive battling is capped at level 50. You can stop now if you have all the moves you want. You can continue if there are any more moves to learn that are necessary.
Today is the day. I will complete this pokédex! I have to!
Hurry up and join the club. :p

@Mich: Hey do you want to battle real quick so I can check the exact IVs on that shiny ferroseed?

MicH

Well, competitive battling is capped at level 50. You can stop now if you have all the moves you want. You can continue if there are any more moves to learn that are necessary.

Hurry up and join the club. :p

@Mich: Hey do you want to battle real quick so I can check the exact IVs on that shiny ferroseed?
Why not just use the Battle Test facility in Lumiose?

Ah I didn't even think of that... Although I need my charizard to learn something at an outrageous level like 77 or something.
Go to the Move Reminder in Dendemille and use a Heart Scale. He can relearn that move

MicH

Aron got nothing on a Skill Link Minccino using Bullet Seed. DEAD ARON RIGHT THERE

also I am totally breeding Aqua Tail, Iron Tail and Knock Off on my Minccino because I'm a maniac

ugoo18

Yes!!!!

After 2 previous flawed/failure shinies i finally got the ideal Shiny Timid Protean Froakie. Perfect IVs in everything but Attack.

47599_809270169098438_1372731642_n.jpg

Also in the interests of the MM and Shiny Charm, i've hatched 4 shiny pokemon out of 1000 or so (Max 1100, Minimum 900) eggs so far. In total i've hatched 4086 eggs but only from 3000 onwards was done with the MM and Shiny Charm. The previous ones where done without the MM or Shiny charm. All my hatched shinies came in the last batch.

MicH

shiny hax
I.. I don't even. Jesus Christ! Congrats, but seriously? Your third shiny Froakie? What the fuck man, you have amazing luck

Anyway, my Aqua Tail, Iron Tail and Knock Off Minccinos are ready. If anyone wants one, let me know. I'll rpobably release most of them, so please let me know if you're interested in one

Yes!!!!

After 2 previous flawed/failure shinies i finally got the ideal Shiny Timid Protean Froakie. Perfect IVs in everything but Attack.

Also in the interests of the MM and Shiny Charm, i've hatched 4 shiny pokemon out of 1000 or so (Max 1100, Minimum 900) eggs so far. In total i've hatched 4086 eggs but only from 3000 onwards was done with the MM and Shiny Charm. The previous ones where done without the MM or Shiny charm. All my hatched shinies came in the last batch.

Damn, he looks so slick.

Wichu

What Pokemon do you guys know benefit from having Assault Vest?

Dragonite?

SNORLAX

Yes!!!!

Female too. Lucky :p

But yeah, it does seem like the Shiny Charm boosts Masuda chances as in B2/W2, and the X/Y description is misleading. That's a relief.

ugoo18

I.. I don't even. Jesus Christ! Congrats, but seriously? Your third shiny Froakie? What the fuck man, you have amazing luck

Anyway, my Aqua Tail, Iron Tail and Knock Off Minccinos are ready. If anyone wants one, let me know. I'll rpobably release most of them, so please let me know if you're interested in one

lol thanks, you can have any of the other 2 if you want but the first shiny froakie is a torrent froakie with 4IVs and the 2nd one is a Protean froakie with 5IVs but it's missing SpA.

MicH

But yeah, it does seem like the Shiny Charm boosts Masuda chances as in B2/W2, and the X/Y description is misleading. That's a relief.
That definitely seems to be the case. Thank goodness for that.

lol thanks, you can have any of the other 2 if you want but the first shiny froakie is a torrent froakie with 4IVs and the 2nd one is a Protean froakie with 5IVs but it's missing SpA.
Thanks for the offer, but it's okay. I actually have one myself :p

ugoo18

SNORLAX

Female too. Lucky :p

I'm glad it does, i wanted a shiny team hatched by me and that was the sole reason i even bothered with the pokedex.

It seems like it's easier to hatch a shiny protean froakie with the correct IVs than it is to hatch a Protean female froakie with 6IVs lol -_-

macklelol

What Pokemon do you guys know benefit from having Assault Vest?

Dragonite?

TANGROWTH!

Conkeldurr and Machamp are also good choices, but some of their better attacks (mainly Knock Off for Conkeldurr) are only available from Gen 5 games.

I think I'm gonna go make an AV Machamp now.

Top Bottom