• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Muku

Aww, I really appreciate your generosity, but I'll be fine thanks. Sadly I didn't get a 6 IV thereafter (unless one of my four unhatched eggs has one), but I'm not too bothered.

My plan is to have a Special Attacker or Tank Sylveon, so my 5 IV Eevee missing Attack will do just fine.

That said, that female Eevee with Anticipation is REALLY tempting for Pixilate. It's just a pain how it can't learn Hyper Voice in X/Y >___<

If you don't mind, I would still love to grab a Modest (or Timid) Vivillon, preferably one with Compoundeyes.

Well, I could pull one of the other 6IVs to throw in to replace her. Still have a couple that I didn't get rid of quite yet. So if you'd really like her, you're welcome to it. Ultimately, I'd rather Pokemon get used than sit in my boxes forever.

You could grab Modest or Timid, depending on what you want. Only have one Modest and was a lucky fresh breeding IV fluke. Before I realized I had my 6IV Ditto in there and not the Timid one. xD Both are missing in Attack to make them combat ready.

Well, I could pull one of the other 6IVs to throw in to replace her. Still have a couple that I didn't get rid of quite yet. So if you'd really like her, you're welcome to it. Ultimately, I'd rather Pokemon get used than sit in my boxes forever.

You could grab Modest or Timid, depending on what you want. Only have one Modest and was a lucky fresh breeding IV fluke. Before I realized I had my 6IV Ditto in there and not the Timid one. xD Both are missing in Attack to make them combat ready.

Ahhh, this is a really tough decision; I don't want to be too greedy either. Haven't had time to breed any new good Pokemon between work and trying to hatch a good female Eevee.

But it's tough to resist the urge to troll with Pixilate Hyper Beam Sylveon... Yeah, okay, I'll take it X D

Does the Modest Vivillon/Scatterbug have Compoundeyes? If so, I'd like that one ^^

That said... Do you want a shiny Loudred? Found it when trying to find an Eevee safari and I'm not a fan of the Whismur line.

EDIT

I'll be gone for a hour or two.

Man, what a cold shower this site was. Seeing all those red squares makes me sad, after training my team so hard.

My real biggest threat wasn't even on my list. Take it with a grain of salt. Hell it had Charizard Y on there for my 3rd biggest threat. I'm not afraid of Charizard Y at all.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Man, what a cold shower this site was. Seeing all those red squares makes me sad, after training my team so hard.

Don't worry about it, I'm looking at it and it's telling me Mega Heracross is my biggest problem. I've smoked every single one of those I've come across. All it tells you is what to watch out for, if you play smart you'll be fine.

Also it doesn't seem to work for VGC very well, it still only takes into account single match-ups. It says Gigalith could break my GAF tourney team when there's no way in hell it actually could. Even with sturdy it would go down before it could get any move off.

RoySFNR

Getting increasingly annoyed with the amount of Pokemon that are sub-optimal without transfering them. Half of the ones I want to use lack some of their strongest moves because I don't have any form of move tutors or old tm's.

How can I use Hippowdon without Stealth Rock gosh darnit!

one_kill

Getting increasingly annoyed with the amount of Pokemon that are sub-optimal without transfering them. Half of the ones I want to use lack some of their strongest moves because I don't have any form of move tutors or old tm's.

How can I use Hippowdon without Stealth Rock gosh darnit!
Which ones do you want?

Muku

Ahhh, this is a really tough decision; I don't want to be too greedy either. Haven't had time to breed any new good Pokemon between work and trying to hatch a good female Eevee.

But it's tough to resist the urge to troll with Pixilate Hyper Beam Sylveon... Yeah, okay, I'll take it X D

Does the Modest Vivillon/Scatterbug have Compoundeyes? If so, I'd like that one ^^

That said... Do you want a shiny Loudred? Found it when trying to find an Eevee safari and I'm not a fan of the Whismur line.

EDIT

I'll be gone for a hour or two.

It's all good. I wouldn't offer it unless I was okay with it. You guys are my PokeGAF family, so I like to help out when I can.

I'm only offering the best of the best for GAF, so yeah, most of the 5IV ones have Compound Eyes. Think a small handful have Shield Dust. So you're good.

Funny enough, Loudred is one of two wild shiny Pokemon I've found in this game. xD But you know what? I'll take it. I don't like the line either, but working on a shiny Pokedex, and I could change 'em to Exploud. :)

Okay, how is it that every egg I hatch has 31 in SpAtk and is always missing something I actually need? Breeding these Starly's has been hell. STOP HAVING SPECIAL ATTACK.

It was the same situation with Murkrow earlier. What is this trolly RNG.

Madao

i'm having a problem with the in-game postgame.

i can't seem to trigger the Looker Bureau sidequest. i beat the game but i don't get the holo caster call when i go to Lumiose City. is there anything else extra needed before that happens?

i'm having a problem with the in-game postgame.

i can't seem to trigger the Looker Bureau sidequest. i beat the game but i don't get the holo caster call when i go to Lumiose City. is there anything else extra needed before that happens?

Have you visited the train station and the last city on the map yet?

Just got back to my old HeartGold Wedlocke. I had stopped just before E4 and damn, am I doomed or not. My pairs are: Typhlosion (Arthur) and Noctowl (Ashara), Golem (Hodor) and Victreebel (Osha) and my main pair Quagsire (Brandon) and Butterfree (Meera). I can only switch between the pair during the battles, so I'll probably have to solo Lance with a Quagsire. Yikes. But I also love challenges like these, makes me feel more attached to my pokemons than a regular run.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
What does the Blue & Green dots on the home menu signify? I know it has to do with StreetPass & SpotPass, but what in-game benefit is there to it?

What does the Blue & Green dots on the home menu signify? I know it has to do with StreetPass & SpotPass, but what in-game benefit is there to it?

Pokemon or in general?

If it's Pokemon, it should be your Holo Caster.

Green means you've tagged a X/Y player and gives you Poke Miles. Blue is probably a notification, like Pokemon Bank being released.

EDIT

It's all good. I wouldn't offer it unless I was okay with it. You guys are my PokeGAF family, so I like to help out when I can.

I'm only offering the best of the best for GAF, so yeah, most of the 5IV ones have Compound Eyes. Think a small handful have Shield Dust. So you're good.

Funny enough, Loudred is one of two wild shiny Pokemon I've found in this game. xD But you know what? I'll take it. I don't like the line either, but working on a shiny Pokedex, and I could change 'em to Exploud. :)

Thanks! Now I just need to catch you, which isn't going to be easy since it's crunch time for me D:

Alchemy

How did you EV your drapion btw? I kinda want to use it.

Believe it is 252 HP / 4 Att / 252 Def, running Adamant. I made it back in Diamond/Pearl and used it as a mess around Pokemon because it was running Acupressure. Updated its moveset when I imported it through Bank to: Knock Off / Poison Jab / Toxic Spikes / Whirlwind.

Frost_Ace

Believe it is 252 HP / 4 Att / 252 Def, running Adamant. I made it back in Diamond/Pearl and used it as a mess around Pokemon because it was running Acupressure. Updated its moveset when I imported it through Bank to: Knock Off / Poison Jab / Toxic Spikes / Whirlwind.
Nice set for removing items from other pokemon

Alchemy

Nice set for removing items from other pokemon

It is also nice for getting up Toxic Spikes. Lots of people will switch in, see the first spikes, and try to set up when I go for a second layer. Against a lot of physical threats Drapion can take a +2 hit and Whirlwind them out.

I really should switch his ability to Battle Armor though.

one_kill

It is also nice for getting up Toxic Spikes. Lots of people will switch in, see the first spikes, and try to set up when I go for a second layer. Against a lot of physical threats Drapion can take a +2 hit and Whirlwind them out.

I really should switch his ability to Battle Armor though.
Interesting set dude
Might have to get one myself

Alchemy

Interesting set dude
Might have to get one myself

I pretty much cobbled it together when I did a pass on updating all my old Pokemon when I transferred them to Y. I would probably run some calcs to optimize the EV/Nature a little on the spread. Impish might be better for this kind of set, and Poison Jab hasn't been the most useful move so far.

Finished black 2 and now playing x. Still transferring all my pokemon from black 2...

Btw how do you find your friend code? Gonna need help trade evolving my shiny graveler

Top Bottom