• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Muku

For the new page, give folks a chance to see what I have. Let me know if anything interests ya.

Have gotten a few things that might be of interest to someone here.

Landorus (L100) ~ Timid ~ 31/x/x/31/31/31 ~ has HA ~ (listed as Outstanding)
Thundurus (L100) ~ Brave ~ 31/31/31/31/31/31
Palkia (L100) ~ Timid ~ 31/31/31/31/31/31 ~ has Draco Meteor
Shiny Rayquaza (L100) ~ Adamant ~ 31/31/31/31/31/31
Shiny Giratina (L100) ~ Bold ~ 31/31/31/31/31/31

Ultimadrago

I've been changing balls on my Pokemon Bank competitive trophy Pokemon (NO, not to all Luxury! Just a variety that fits the Pokemon's personal importance/type/reputation/look, etc) and as a result have many Pokemon in regular Pokeballs that some people may want. Planning on doing the giveaway soon so stay tuned if you're up for that.

Does anyone have a 6IV Ditto? I want to try my hand at this breeding stuff finally and make an army of super Tarous and Bouffalant (Seriously) simply because it seems like no one else will lol.

ugoo18

Alright PokeGAF what's your go to 'get out of jail' opponent's pokemon must die pokemon?

Essentially i'm asking what's the pokemon on your current team that you send out to take down something at all costs?

Also any specific opposing Pokemon you use this pokemon for most of the time?

Wichu

Alright PokeGAF what's your go to 'get out of jail' opponent's pokemon must die pokemon?

Essentially i'm asking what's the pokemon on your current team that you send out to take down something at all costs?

Choice Scarf pretty much anything (especially things that aren't normally that fast).

Bonus points if the move you use is Explosion/Destiny Bond/Final Gambit.

Ditto's often good to Scarf, since a lot of the times you want to hit the OH SHIT button it's because you've accidentally let your opponent get one too many boosts.

JulianImp

Pinsir's the most reliable heavy-hitter in my team... 198 base power Returns hits like a truck (neutral hits are nearly the same as SE Earthquakes, and better than Stone Edge due to the increased accuracy!), and it even gets a priority move that rivals Technician Scizor's Bullet Punch. Still, I'm forced to offer some support for it in order to play around Sturdy/Focus Sash, and Talonflame warrants a contingency plan due to it outspeeding Pinsir with Brave Bird.

While running Swords Dance could be a possibility, I often run Close Combat for that extra damage against dark and normal-types, and that 40 extra base damage against rock and steel-types, but I'd say it's a great option if your opponent gives Pinsir some breathing room and you've already taken precautions against faster priority users or sturdy/sashed mons.

RoySFNR

Slowbro is my answer to the Mega Khan's and Garchomps etc. who really enjoy setting up. Yawn them while they fail to ohko you and watch them take you out because they don't want to lose their boosts giving you a free turn. Enter a set-up sweeper of your own and watch them burn.

If they do switch, slack off -> repeat.

Since I started breeding pkm I now understand how to get 5ivs really fast.

I was even able to get a perfect piplup, feebas and gastly, but still no shiny at all.

Anyway... I have a perfect 6IV Modest Chlorophyll Bulbasaur that needs a good home..

I was thinking about using it myself, but I'm gonna try to run a mixed set with Brave nature instead and see how it goes.

Anyone interested?

Have gotten a few things that might be of interest to someone here.

Landorus (L100) ~ Timid ~ 31/x/x/31/31/31 ~ has HA ~ (listed as Outstanding)
Thundurus (L100) ~ Brave ~ 31/31/31/31/31/31
Palkia (L100) ~ Timid ~ 31/31/31/31/31/31 ~ has Draco Meteor
Shiny Rayquaza (L100) ~ Adamant ~ 31/31/31/31/31/31
Shiny Giratina (L100) ~ Bold ~ 31/31/31/31/31/31

You want Bulbasaur btw?

I never played Platinum/Pearl/Diamond, so I could use Palkia or Giratina.

bumpkin

Tyrantrum (formerly Tyrunt) is my go-to tank when an enemy is giving me trouble. Ironically he's also my starting Pokemon most of the time; don't start nothin', won't be nothin'.

Ultimadrago

Ultimadrago's Shiny Giveaway

yuuko51nrua7.png

As announced, I am giving away a variety of Pokemon in my possession since I have been changing from regular Pokeballs to a variety of others. PM for interest and please only ask for TWO for the time being and only ONE of the same. (a.k.a. Don't ask for both Azumarill)

If there are extras a bit after the first wave (which I am sure will happen now that the thread has slowed drastically) I shall offer seconds and so on. I will not be on for a while so don't fret if I don't get back to you instantly, I will send a PM (even if it's bad news and someone has beaten you to the punch on a Poke).

*Notes:
*-Most, but not all, are in standard Pokeballs.
- 99.9% of them have 5-6IVs (Some have Hidden Power sets so that will be noted)
- Many were nicknamed. Apologies, but I didn't know ahead of time that I would give them off.
-Some of the 5 IV marked ones may have 6 IVs.
-They are Shiny unless specified otherwise
-Most are pre-EV'd proper (mostly bopping off discovered, effective Smogon sets)
- I don't know all Egg Moves by heart so some may be missed in mentioning.
- A "Thank You" doesn't hurt.

List:

Pidgeot - Jolly Tangled Feet
Exploud - Modest Scrappy
Gliscor - Impish Poison Heal
Staryu - Timid Analytic

Garchomp - Jolly Rough Skin
Absol - Naughty Pressure
Togekiss (with Heat Wave and Nasty Plot) - Timid Serene Grace
Volcania - Modest Flame Body

Haxorus - Adamant Mold Breaker
Salamence - Naive Moxie
Druddigon - Adamant Rough Skin
2 1 Dragonite (NON SHINY with Extreme Speed) - Adamant Multiscale
Chaundelure - Modest Flash Fire (Hidden Power Set)

Steelix - Relaxed Sturdy
3 2 1 Lucario of varying sets - 2 1 Adamant 1 Timid with applicable EV sets and IV sets
3 2 Charizards (2 1 Shiny 1 NOT SHINY) - (Hasty/Naughty - Blaze, Non-Shiny Adamant Blaze)
Pinsir - Jolly Moxie
Jigglypuff - Calm Cute Charm
Clefable - Bold Magic Guard

Honchkrow - Adamant Moxie
2 1 Kabutops (Named after LORD DOME, One Shiny, one Not-Shiny) - Adamant Weak Armor
Espeon - Timid Magic Bounce
Wobbuffet - Bold Shadow Tag
Gardevoir (with Hyper Voice) - Timid Trace

2 1 Azumarill (with Belly Drum and Aqua Jet) - Adamant Huge Power
2 1 Starmie - Timid Analytic
Torchic - Jolly Speed Boost
Bulba-Bulba-Bulbasaur - Modest Chlorophyll
Umbreon (with Wish) - Calm Synchronize
Lunatone (Trick Room, 0 Speed IVs) - Quiet Levitate
Shroomish (with Bullet Seed) - Jolly Quick Feet

Feel free to PM any inquiries on particular Pokemon (besides where I got them: They are not Kalos bred. Take it or leave it).
I will be back later, FC is on my profile. Add for quicker service.

*Happy Choosing!*

That was quite a surprise to walk into. Really though, thanks for saving me some time on that Masuda breeding nightmare with Lucario. I sent over two males seeing as you said you were working on getting the right Pokeball on your Pokemon, hopefully the egg moves and high IVs save you some time.

Ultimadrago

That was quite a surprise to walk into. Really though, thanks for saving me some time on that Masuda breeding nightmare with Lucario. I sent over two males seeing as you said you were working on getting the right Pokeball on your Pokemon, hopefully the egg moves and high IVs save you some time.

Oh, thanks! I've actually already got them all in the balls I've wanted so no need to be concerned about me. ;)

JulianImp

I'll definitely get around to breeding a shiny Pinsir of my own someday, but I'm still struggling to complete my Kalos Dex, so that might take a while.

I deposited a female Zorua with Dark Pulse and Counter yesterday, and today I got the Sluprluff I wanted for it! Now I've deposited a second female looking for Aromatisse, and if I get that and level up a Machop until it evolves into Machoke and manage to get a Zygarde from somewhere, it'll finally be complete!

I can't believe this generation's regional dex has so many pokémon in it, but at least it means I'll be over halfway done with my national dex once the Kalos one is taken care of. I think my Dex currently has about 560 caught species, with most of them as part of my living dex.

By the way, does anyone happen to have any HA pokémon that are transfer only? Females in dream balls would be best, but I guess I can make do with other types of pokéballs as well. I have some Dream World pokémon of my own I can breed, but I didn't get too many since I didn't use it that much because of how clunky it was.

ugoo18

Choice Scarf pretty much anything (especially things that aren't normally that fast).

Bonus points if the move you use is Explosion/Destiny Bond/Final Gambit.

Ditto's often good to Scarf, since a lot of the times you want to hit the OH SHIT button it's because you've accidentally let your opponent get one too many boosts.

Pinsir's the most reliable heavy-hitter in my team... 198 base power Returns hits like a truck (neutral hits are nearly the same as SE Earthquakes, and better than Stone Edge due to the increased accuracy!), and it even gets a priority move that rivals Technician Scizor's Bullet Punch. Still, I'm forced to offer some support for it in order to play around Sturdy/Focus Sash, and Talonflame warrants a contingency plan due to it outspeeding Pinsir with Brave Bird.

While running Swords Dance could be a possibility, I often run Close Combat for that extra damage against dark and normal-types, and that 40 extra base damage against rock and steel-types, but I'd say it's a great option if your opponent gives Pinsir some breathing room and you've already taken precautions against faster priority users or sturdy/sashed mons.

Slowbro is my answer to the Mega Khan's and Garchomps etc. who really enjoy setting up. Yawn them while they fail to ohko you and watch them take you out because they don't want to lose their boosts giving you a free turn. Enter a set-up sweeper of your own and watch them burn.

If they do switch, slack off -> repeat.

Tyrantrum (formerly Tyrunt) is my go-to tank when an enemy is giving me trouble. Ironically he's also my starting Pokemon most of the time; don't start nothin', won't be nothin'.

Nice

For me me it's Jolly Rocky Helmet Garchomp specifically for Mega Khan to either outright kill it or take it down with it using residual damage. As long a i switch in once Khan appears then Garchomp gets the job done since the initial Mega Khan attack will cost it about half or so of it's health thanks to Rocky Helmet and Rough Skin and because of Garchomp's speed Mega Khan has to use Sucker Punch to outspeed it which leaves Chomp with still enough health to KO Mega Khan either by residual damage or an attack.

My more general purpose one is a toss up between my Garchomp and my Choice Band Infernape. In terms of powering through Infernape usually gets the job done since it can't be crippled by Will-O Wisp. If i need residual damage against physical attackers and a bit of bulk to take a hit (That's not an Ice move) then be able to hit back hard then Garchomp gets the job.

v1perz53

Nice

For me me it's Jolly Rocky Helmet Garchomp specifically for Mega Khan to either outright kill it or take it down with it using residual damage. As long a i switch in once Khan appears then Garchomp gets the job done since the initial Mega Khan attack will cost it about half or so of it's health thanks to Rocky Helmet and Rough Skin and because of Garchomp's speed Mega Khan has to use Sucker Punch to outspeed it which leaves Chomp with still enough health to KO Mega Khan either by residual damage or an attack.

My more general purpose one is a toss up between my Garchomp and my Choice Band Infernape. In terms of powering through Infernape usually gets the job done since it can't be crippled by Will-O Wisp. If i need residual damage against physical attackers and a bit of bulk to take a hit (That's not an Ice move) then be able to hit back hard then Garchomp gets the job.

My favorite way to get rid of any pokemon that liked to set up back in B/W was perish song. Added bonus if it was a Baton Pass set. Looking into it now, I just saw that you can get a Honchcrow with Perish Song and Prankster, and now I kind of want to try a Perish Song and Pursuit. If only it could also learn U-Turn I would have a lot of fun using it on a less serious team. Yawn sounds like it could be good too, but what I like about perish song is that because people have three turns to switch they often try to keep their pokemon out as long as possible if they have been boosting, which you can punish for a free boost yourself versus yawn where they generally switch right out.

lupinko

I was even able to get a perfect piplup, feebas and gastly, but still no shiny at all.

Anyway... I have a perfect 6IV Modest Chlorophyll Bulbasaur that needs a good home..

I was thinking about using it myself, but I'm gonna try to run a mixed set with Brave nature instead and see how it goes.

Anyone interested?

You want Bulbasaur btw?

In general if you want the legendaries from the DS games, I can get then for you from dream radar, all with HA too, and I can give them your trainer name too as the OT providing it fits the ds character limit of 7 I think.

EV hoard training has been a shiny roller coaster the past couple days. Yesterday I found a shiny Geodude who was Magintude'd by one of his buddies before I could catch him (April Fools!). Then today I came across a shiny Roggenrola. My first wild shiny. :)

Ultimadrago

EV hoard training has been a shiny roller coaster the past couple days. Yesterday I found a shiny Geodude who was Magintude'd by one of his buddies before I could catch him (April Fools!). Then today I came across a shiny Roggenrola. My first wild shiny. :)

Congrats, Shiny Gigalith is a sexy beast!

v1perz53

Don't be too disappointed with the geodude, shiny Graveler/Golem are definitely two of the less impressive shinies. Shiny Gigalith though is awesome!

Ultimadrago

I got more requests than expected. lol. It seems they have died down so I will offer "seconds" on the giveaway for those that have already gotten Pokemon in the morning (for me, Central Time).

Muku

I'll take shiny rayquaza.

And I can trade back the Giratina for that one too.

Sure. Though got a Giratina yesterday, so no longer in need of that. Though if you have any of these, that'd be awesome: Lati@s, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Thundurus, or Landorus.

Anyone interested?

You want Bulbasaur btw?

Good luck in Piplup. I'm going month + with mine and jerk still won't come out shiny. Giratina is on hold, but the Palkia is yours if you'd like. I've yet to breed Bulbasaur (though have rejects from others to get started). 6IV one? That would be an awesome start. Do you have any egg moves on it?

My Super Double Battle streak was going superbly. No close calls. It was really smooth.

Then I decided to "YOLO" on battle 48. Woohoo!

EDIT: Dumb mistakes aside, I had the BP to buy all but one of the Maison TMs so I think I'll go and get every TM on this file.

Top Bottom