• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Muku

So I seem to have been underestimating the GTS. Probably because I was always using it by looking for the thing I wanted and hoping I had what they were asking for. But I just finished out the last few kalos dex pokemon by putting up the most random things on GTS asking for what I needed and all the trades went through within 15 minutes. Hell, I said "why not try" and put up a 5 IV dratini asking for a Yveltal and someone traded me one almost instantly.

Also, I found it funny that the last like 10 pokemon I needed to register for my oval charm were all pokemon I had to breed because I could only find the evolved forms in the wild. Breeding 10 pokemon to get a charm to breed pokemon faster. I guess I will work on the shiny charm now, but I think I will do it very slowly...

Yeah, really only way to do it is to put something up and ask for it. You have to wade through too much crap otherwise, and the likelihood of exactly what you're need up is low. Especially if it's something that isn't crazy. Non crazy offers tend to go quick, mainly leaving up the junk no one wants to look through. Be it impossible trades (Sandstorm Vivillon for a Victini) or just trades that seem out of their league.

Man, putting up Monsoon Vivillon for trade, and they're finally trading again.. but damnit. I'm asking for like Cresselia, and get it, but it's shiny. >< There are times I like that, but not when trying to refill my extra legendary collection.

Edit: On a side note... anyone looking for a 4IV Landorus? Timid 31/x/x/31/31/31. None of the x's are 0's. Level 100.

Edit 2: Damnit, another SHINY CRESSELIA!

DAMMIT!

I was looking for a shiny gastly on GTS to evolve into Gengar and found one but never looked at the level.

Traded my only Kyogre for it and it was level 100. :(

Muku

DAMMIT!

I was looking for a shiny gastly on GTS to evolve into Gengar and found one but never looked at the level.

Traded my only Kyogre for it and it was level 100. :(

I have two Kyogre. Only one is level 100, but you're welcome to it.

So I seem to have been underestimating the GTS. Probably because I was always using it by looking for the thing I wanted and hoping I had what they were asking for. But I just finished out the last few kalos dex pokemon by putting up the most random things on GTS asking for what I needed and all the trades went through within 15 minutes. Hell, I said "why not try" and put up a 5 IV dratini asking for a Yveltal and someone traded me one almost instantly.

Also, I found it funny that the last like 10 pokemon I needed to register for my oval charm were all pokemon I had to breed because I could only find the evolved forms in the wild. Breeding 10 pokemon to get a charm to breed pokemon faster. I guess I will work on the shiny charm now, but I think I will do it very slowly...

The GTS is great when you have something in demand. Back in pearl I was just farming glameows to get EVERYTHING. Its when I started getting legendaries for the glameows is when the GTS clicked

JulianImp

Wow, thanks Muku! I don't mind whichever, and actually, the Gastly was level 100, so my plan was ruined, lol.

Anything you want in particular?

I have a spare Gengar gathering dust in my PC boxes I'd be willing to part with it if you could get me an Aromatisse or Slurpluff, or at leas their dex entries and trade me something else.

Sleepwalker

Speaking of GTS, what kind of pokemons can i put there to try and get legendaries? i've tried looking out for some mons but haven't really found it useful yet. I wish i could clone lol.

Muku

Speaking of GTS, what kind of pokemons can i put there to try and get legendaries? i've tried looking out for some mons but haven't really found it useful yet. I wish i could clone lol.

Milotic's used to work, not sure if they still do. Been putting up Monsoon Vivillon myself. What Vivillon type is in your game? If it's on more difficult side to get you can trade for legendaries.

Muku

Yesssss thank you for the regular Cresselia. LOL. Seems my luck with that on GTS today is too good. Haha

Muku

Have gotten a few things that might be of interest to someone here.

Landorus (L100) ~ Timid ~ 31/x/x/31/31/31 ~ has HA ~ (listed as Outstanding)
Cresselia (L100) ~ Bold ~ 31/31/31/31/31/x
Shiny Cresselia (L100) ~ Sassy ~ 31/31/31/31/31/31
Thundurus (L100) ~ Brave ~ 31/31/31/31/31/31
Palkia (L100) ~ Timid ~ 31/31/31/31/31/31 ~ has Draco Meteor
Shiny Rayquaza (L100) ~ Adamant ~ 31/31/31/31/31/31
Shiny Giratina (L100) ~ Bold ~ 31/31/31/31/31/31

Landorus (L100) ~ Timid ~ 31/x/x/31/31/31 (listed as Outstanding)
Bold Cressy? I kinda want one of those, actually...

Landorus (L100) ~ Timid ~ 31/x/x/31/31/31 (listed as Outstanding)

Can I have shiny Cresselia? I'm shiny hunting legendaries, lol.

Muku

Bold Cressy? I kinda want one of those, actually...

Sure, you're welcome to it. Just finally getting around to IV checking some of these extras.

Can I have shiny Cresselia? I'm shiny hunting legendaries, lol.

Sure. :)

If either of you have an extra: Entei, Latios or Latias, Rayquaza, Palkia, Giratina, or Thundurus would be really helpful. Otherwise I guess I'll take what yall can give.

JulianImp

Does anyone have a Defog Scyther? I went to Diamond to get one a few days ago, only to be told by the PokéTransporter that I can't transfer HM moves.

...Seriously, what's the issue with sending HM moves over to Gen 5 if you only get to do so once you've already beaten the pokémon league?

On top of that, grinding BP on previous gens was a pain due to getting a single BP per every seven fights, and a bonus of 20 BP for beating the leader on the 21st battle. I used to forefeit right afterwards that, because matches would get way longer and more difficult after the 21st, to the point where resetting and playing 1-21 matches forever was both faster and easier to do for the sake of griding BP.

macklelol

Does anyone have a Defog Scyther? I went to Diamond to get one a few days ago, only to be told by the PokéTransporter that I can't transfer HM moves.

...Seriously, what's the issue with sending HM moves over to Gen 5 if you only get to do so once you've already beaten the pokémon league?

On top of that, grinding BP on previous gens was a pain due to getting a single BP per every seven fights, and a bonus of 20 BP for beating the leader on the 21st battle. I used to forefeit right afterwards that, because matches would get way longer and more difficult after the 21st, to the point where resetting and playing 1-21 matches forever was both faster and easier to do for the sake of griding BP.

I should have a Defog Scyther. If I don't, I can just let you borrow my Scizor with Defog so you can breed one for yourself.

Muku

I actually still haven't gotten that Scatterbug. <_< >_> But yes, I do have an Entei.

Ah, then no worries. Awesome, an Entei would be great!

Edit: Son of a .... Today is shiny day on GTS. Ask for a Giratina... get a shiny GIratina. /sigh

Have edited my list above because I keep getting shit I'm not looking for that someone else might. :(

Beat the campaign for the umpteenth time and decided to finally but an end to casual Pokemon play and try going competitive. So I'm going around the region to find every single (free) TM as well as items. Then I'll need to figure out how the hell EVs and IVs work. This could be worth my time. ...Hopefully.

v1perz53

Beat the campaign for the umpteenth time and decided to finally but an end to casual Pokemon play and try going competitive. So I'm going around the region to find every single (free) TM as well as items. Then I'll need to figure out how the hell EVs and IVs work. This could be worth my time. ...Hopefully.

Competitive is fun because it puts a new spin on the game. Someone who has only ever played the campaign would probably say Protect and Toxic are shit moves that only exist to annoy you, but when you start to play competitively you see how amazing some of these moves are. You will be surprised which pokemon turn out to be amazing that you always thought were garbage, and which pokemon you always loved in the main game are actually terrible for competitive play. Gives a ton of new life to the pokemon games, especially now with online play.

Also, breeding a hidden ability mixed attacker is testing my patience. Need a 6IV with a hidden ability, and I can only replace the parent with a female that has the hidden ability and better IVs. Stupid Dragonite, wish you weren't one of my favorite gen I pokemon...

lupinko

Sure, you're welcome to it. Just finally getting around to IV checking some of these extras.

Sure. :)

If either of you have an extra: Entei, Latios or Latias, Rayquaza, Palkia, Giratina, or Thundurus would be really helpful. Otherwise I guess I'll take what yall can give.

If you want dream radar legendaries I can do that today if you want.

Muku

If you want dream radar legendaries I can do that today if you want.

I'm good, thank you. :) Just gathering those legendaries as extras to complete my extra legendary set again. Been spending 'em out and not replenishing. Keep 'em around in case folks need them.

lupinko

I'm good, thank you. :) Just gathering those legendaries as extras to complete my extra legendary set again. Been spending 'em out and not replenishing. Keep 'em around in case folks need them.

For yours I'll even get the OT as Muku too!

Top Bottom