• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Muku

I'm frantically looking for a Charizard Y stone after Ultima gave me this awesome shiny 'Zard (Again, many many thanks :)) which it seems made for. Anyone? Unfortunately I'm a bit of a poormans poketrainer, so I don't really know what to give for it, but maybe we can figure something out.

I have an extra. But I fear we've not traded before. Since my list is full means I'd have to transfer stuff over to my other copy on my other 3DS and it's just a hassle. :(

Never thought I'd get to day when it was full, but now that it is, it's just a hassle all the way around. HINT HINT Nintendo, increase the damn thing. ;_;

bumpkin

Holy crap, WTF… Got to who I assume is the last boss
the Pokemon League Champion
, mowed through all five of their first Pokemon, and then they crushed my entire squad one-by-one with an OP mega-evolution fairy type. Seriously?

I think I'd be less pissed off if the game didn't make me beat all of the preceding characters all over again, and if my damage didn't keep getting wiped away by Full Restores every time they were almost beaten. :(

, mowed through all five of their first Pokemon, and then they crushed my entire squad one-by-one with an OP mega-evolution fairy type. Seriously?

I think I'd be less pissed off if the game didn't make me beat all of the preceding characters all over again, and if my damage didn't keep getting wiped away by Full Restores every time they were almost beaten. :(

I loved that last challenge actually. If it was not for Mega Gardevoir (and Gyarados getting 2 dragon dances in the water chamber), the league would have been ridiculously easy.

v1perz53

Rule of pokemon Elite 4, save before each battle so you don't have to do them all over if you lose one! But yea, honestly my team was all 70+ by the time I got to Dianthia even without using the Exp Share, so even her Gardevoir kind of fell over dead, but I can see how it would be pretty tough if you weren't overlevelled.

Also I have found my new least favorite thing when breeding pokemon, trying to breed an egg move on a pokemon that learns 4 moves in the first 10 levels. I finally get my 5IV baby only to notice it doesn't have the egg move because the day care made it forget the damn thing.

JulianImp

Also I have found my new least favorite thing when breeding pokemon, trying to breed an egg move on a pokemon that learns 4 moves in the first 10 levels. I finally get my 5IV baby only to notice it doesn't have the egg move because the day care made it forget the damn thing.

I've proved that the pokémon won't actually learn the moves it should by level-up while at the daycare until you withdraw it, so you might end up with a parent that has forgotten the moves, but the offspring will continue hatching with those moves until you do take it out of the daycare.

In case someone hasn't read my question before, here it is again: How does the game determine a pokémon's egg moves if its parents pass down more than four egg moves total? Also, are the moves that don't get through still re-learnable using heart scales, or am I limited to re-learning the four egg moves the mon ends up getting?

Is there some way to stop an area from raining?

I want to EV train via horde battles, but an area I usually use has been raining for hours >___<

Did a parent have the egg move when you put it in the day care? If so, then what you thought was an egg move wasn't actually an egg move. That's all there is to it in this gen.

Jinjo

I have an extra. But I fear we've not traded before. Since my list is full means I'd have to transfer stuff over to my other copy on my other 3DS and it's just a hassle. :(

Never thought I'd get to day when it was full, but now that it is, it's just a hassle all the way around. HINT HINT Nintendo, increase the damn thing. ;_;

Haha, it's ok. Would like to have it, but there is no rush. :) Just let me know when/if you decide that you're ok with going through the hassle.

Don't think there is any way. If you're trying to train Attack, Route 5 is a decent alternative. Just beat up Scraggy hordes.

Ah, that's too bad. But thanks for answering the question I was going to ask next X D

Man, I tried saving and resetting in different areas, going back and forth between different areas and playing the game at different times.

I guess the only thing I haven't done is leave the game running for hours. Which is probably the only thing that's going to work : (

one_kill

Ah, that's too bad. But thanks for answering the question I was going to ask next X D

Man, I tried saving and resetting in different areas, going back and forth between different areas and playing the game at different times.

I guess the only thing I haven't done is leave the game running for hours. Which is probably the only thing that's going to work : (
Why bother going through all that? Just find horde alternatives. Might have to be in the fight for a bit more, but it isn't so bad if you've got a fairly high level Pokemon with Rock Slide and Earthquake.

Just have power items and Pokerus and you're good to go.

Why bother going through all that? Just find horde alternatives. Might have to be in the fight for a bit more, but it isn't so bad if you've got a fairly high level Pokemon with Rock Slide and Earthquake.

Just have power items and Pokerus and you're good to go.

Well, I was more interested in seeing if I can change the weather rather than actual EV training.

If it turned out there was a way to change the weather, that means I could return to the best spot and get more in the long run.

Plus I'm weird : P

JulianImp

Is there some way to stop an area from raining?

I want to EV train via horde battles, but an area I usually use has been raining for hours >___<

You have alternatives, such as the ice caves for attack (Cubchoo) and special attack (vanillite), and I guess you could grind speed EVs in that cave by the daycare which has zubat hordes.

PBalfredo

I've been thinking about maybe checking out the VGC '14 Utah Regionals. Has anyone been to those before? Is it fun to go to even if you're sure to get trashed? I image there will be plenty of people to have friendly games with and trades outside of the main tournament. I think I'd like to try it, but there are some roadblocks. It's an eight hour roadtrip and would require two or three nights hotel, and money is tight. Also, the Kalos pokedex-only rule means that I can't use Gastrodon or Galvantula, two of my main pokemon. I'll have to whip together a new team.

v1perz53

Did a parent have the egg move when you put it in the day care? If so, then what you thought was an egg move wasn't actually an egg move. That's all there is to it in this gen.

I really don't know what happened. I hatched a batch of five eggs (always do five plus flame body at a time), three of them have the move the other two don't. I definitely didn't change anything in between getting the five eggs, I never do. I've hatched hundreds of pokemon and I am pretty ingrained in my routine by now.

I honestly don't know what happened since multiple people have said that they don't forget a move while in the day care, but I have two Togepi in my party without Nasty Plot and no idea why. That was the only egg move also, would have been three moves total with Nasty Plot.

Alchemy

I've been thinking about maybe checking out the VGC '14 Utah Regionals. Has anyone been to those before? Is it fun to go to even if you're sure to get trashed? I image there will be plenty of people to have friendly games with and trades outside of the main tournament. I think I'd like to try it, but there are some roadblocks. It's an eight hour roadtrip and would require two or three nights hotel, and money is tight. Also, the Kalos pokedex-only rule means that I can't use Gastrodon or Galvantula, two of my main pokemon. I'll have to whip together a new team.

I didn't run into much trading or battling outside of the main tournament when I was at the Long Beach VGCs. I think most people were busy taking care of food and stuff between rounds.

If money is tight and you're throwing a team together at the last minute, I don't think it would be worth it unless you're going with a group of friends.

Guys,

1) What itens from the Battle Masion do I need to be 100% prepared for quick EV training?

2) Anyone has double of the X only Megastones to donate? I mean, mewtwonite X, charizard X, tyranitarite, manectite, pisirite?

I now have the dongle that can be used to clone my save game on a pc but I'm still afraid to use it and screw my game...

OceanBlue

I've always been curious about how Pokemon tournaments worked. With fighting games, it's really easy to get casuals in before the tournament because the setups are just there, and all you have to do is get in line. With Pokemon tournaments, do you regularly have people pulling you aside and asking you to play? Do people even normally warm up for Pokemon tournaments on-site?

Muku

Haha, it's ok. Would like to have it, but there is no rush. :) Just let me know when/if you decide that you're ok with going through the hassle.

Actually now I think about it, I have Pokemon Y in my other 3DS anyway. I can just straight up trade you that one and if I need one back that way I'll trade another back over. The 3DS information in my profile isn't accurate, as it contains my main 3DS (full) and JPN 3DS. 3DS FC you need is: 2681-0988-2351. IGN is Mukumuku. Just let me know when you're around. Since this is my off 3DS it's rare I'm on it.. even more rare I'm online with it.

Just added ya.

JulianImp

Guys,

1) What itens from the Battle Masion do I need to be 100% prepared for quick EV training?

All you need are the power items, which are six and cost 16 BP each (so 96 BP, which equals two runs up to the 20th match). Pokérus can be nice, but I don't use it despite having it, as EV training is really fast anyway. Eleven hordes max out any given stat's EVs, since you get 25 EVs per horde at least.

Alchemy

Man, playing with Mega Banette and it is pretty garbage. Wouldn't be so bad if Prankster was active the turn of Mega Evolving. Bleh.

PBalfredo

K who here wants to help me. I'm trying to a build a mostly eevee evolution team from the very start of the game. I want a Leafeon, Glaceon, Espeon, Vaporion. That's in order of preference. Preferably as lowest level as possible.

I could probably do this with some GTS/World Trade finagling but I know some of you are ballers so it would save me a lot of time. It's like my 20th new game lol. Always try something different each time.

So anyone? I have very few pokemon but some might be decent enough for someone to want if you want something in return.

I got Eevees for days, so I can help you out. Give me a sec to rub a few against mossy and icy rocks to make em evolve. I don't need anything in particular in return.

My FC is 0001-3764-1620
In-game name is PBalfredo

Be sure to let me know what your FC and in-game name is too.

I got Eevees for days, so I can help you out. Give me a sec to rub a few against mossy and icy rocks to make em evolve. I don't need anything in particular in return.

My FC is 0001-3764-1620
In-game name is PBalfredo

Be sure to let me know what your FC and in-game name is too.
omg yesssss thank you.

FC: 0189-8790-6356
In Game name is just Mikey

Got you registered. I got a Leafeon, Glaceon, Vaporion and Eevee for you, all with 4-5 IVs and hidden ability. It's night where I am so you'll have to evolve that Eevee into Espeon yourself.
it's night where I am too but it shouldn't be a problem, thanks a lot! More than I thought I'd get :)

edit: Checking em out, damn they are good, thanks again. GAF always comes through.

Muku

So, I've collected a set of Vivillon. I did it for fun. They come from different language regions, have different balls, and different natures, but all have their name in English or Japanese. Only two would be considered competitive (though not sure about one since it's missing stat that it's nature is built for). So mainly this collection is for collection purposes.

I'm not sure how many are actually looking to complete a set, but this comes as one whole set. I'd like to give it to someone who hasn't yet started or isn't far in it. If I have more than one group not sure how to determine how to give it out then. But I guess we'll see if we get to that point.

TLDR: I have a set of Vivillon for trade. Comes as a whole set.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
So, I've collected a set of Vivillon. I did it for fun. They come from different language regions, have different balls, and different natures, but all have their name in English or Japanese. Only two would be considered competitive (though not sure about one since it's missing stat that it's nature is built for). So mainly this collection is for collection purposes.

I'm not sure how many are actually looking to complete a set, but this comes as one whole set. I'd like to give it to someone who hasn't yet started or isn't far in it. If I have more than one group not sure how to determine how to give it out then. But I guess we'll see if we get to that point.

TLDR: I have a set of Vivillon for trade. Comes as a whole set.
Haha, nice. I actually decided yesterday that I'm going to try to collect the whole set. I want to try and do it on my own though. Taking yours would be cheating. :p

Kyzer

Banned
About to start my second run. Got a copy of X through the promo. Could anyone help me out with some breeding rejects for funsies?

PS over a hundred hours in since a long time ago and still haven't beat Y. More and more of my friends have gotten the game and were all going to beat the elite four together tomorrow

Muku

About to start my second run. Got a copy of X through the promo. Could anyone help me out with some breeding rejects for funsies?

PS over a hundred hours in since a long time ago and still haven't beat Y. More and more of my friends have gotten the game and were all going to beat the elite four together tomorrow

I have the following if you want:

Piplup (Modest) 31/x/31/31/31/31
Zorua (Modest) 31/x/31/31/31/31
Charmander (Adamant) 31/31/31/x/31/31
Eevee (Bold) 31/x/31/31/31/31

kris.

Banned
is anyone awake that can help me out real quick? i need someone to trade my haunter with real quick so i can get dat sweet sweet MEGA GENGAR. i'd be forever grateful!

I have plenty. Have we exchanged FCs before? I don't think we have but need to make sure as to which 3DS to take out.
Nope, we have not. FC is in my profile. IGN is Hans. I assume I should add your non-JP FC? lol
is anyone awake that can help me out real quick? i need someone to trade my haunter with real quick so i can get dat sweet sweet MEGA GENGAR. i'd be forever grateful!
I'm up. I can help you get that sweet Mega Gengar :p

Muku

FC: 4270-2360-6994
IGN: &#12512;&#12463;

Actually have some of the extras on my JPN copy of X so adding that is fine. :)

Edit: Added and online.

kris.

Banned
dirge i shot ya a pm cuz i'm new to this and

b7e.jpg

Top Bottom