• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Quick stat check on this Zapdos? Been SRing for ages and this is the best I've had by far.

Timid / Hidden Power: Grass

19 / 22 / 31 / 30 / 31 / 31

Max HP is my biggest concern, but happy with everything else.

Wichu

Quick stat check on this Zapdos? Been SRing for ages and this is the best I've had by far.

Timid / Hidden Power: Grass

19 / 22 / 31 / 30 / 31 / 31

Max HP is my biggest concern, but happy with everything else.

If you really want Hidden Power Grass, then keep. I'd rather go for Hidden Power Ice to hit Dragons, though.

Are you Master Balling it, or catching it normally?

If you really want Hidden Power Grass, then keep. I'd rather go for Hidden Power Ice to hit Dragons, though.

Are you Master Balling it, or catching it normally?

Master Ball; it's the only legendary left and the only one I'm intending to use ^^

Ice does sound tempting. I had one with Ice but it had even worse HP and Defence o__o

Type2

I hope I'm doing this breeding thing right. I'm trying to either get a 6iv mawile or one with the imperfect in special attack but the imperfect stat ends up being something useful.
Example : spd or Def.

Anything I can use to help or is it all random at this point?

Infinite

I hope I'm doing this breeding thing right. I'm trying to either get a 6iv mawile or one with the imperfect in special attack but the imperfect stat ends up being something useful.
Example : spd or Def.

Anything I can use to help or is it all random at this point?

What's the IVs on the parents?

A rainy afternoon seemed like a good time to finally try chaining. I think I might have experienced a bit of beginner's luck. :p The Skiddo popped up after about 30 minutes on a 30-something chain. And the Swirlix was a 9-chain surprise. Two shinies in under an hour. :D It's a pretty interesting, maddening way to catch Pokemon.

Tp01oqCl.jpg
21NA5Xbl.jpg

Unicorn

A rainy afternoon seemed like a good time to finally try chaining. I think I might have experienced a bit of beginner's luck. :p The Skiddo popped up after about 30 minutes on a 30-something chain. And the Swirlix was a 9-chain surprise. Two shinies in under an hour. :D It's a pretty interesting, maddening way to catch Pokemon.

Tp01oqCl.jpg
21NA5Xbl.jpg
How do you chain?

Sleepwalker

Lol GG, I screwed up my Charizard, just realized after fully ev training him that he didn't get dragon dance as an egg move and he got dragon pulse instead.

Ugh.. I want to throw the 3ds out of the window lol.

Hobobloke

Have made my first foray into VGC after years of playing smogon 6v6 singles, had been thinking about doing this for a while but the main catalyst was the announcement of an official Pokemon tournament in my area with a trip to nationals for the winner.

Have been liking the format more than I thought I would, it isn't as silly as I'd thought it was and am enjoying learning a new metagame. Have settled on a team I've been having a good amount of success with and I'm pretty happy with it for now but still tinkering and would love suggestions.

Smeagol (Smeargle) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Moody
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Dark Void
- Transform
- Tailwind
- King's Shield

Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Crunch
- Fake Out

This is the base of the team and the normal two leads, first thing I thought about when considering my first VGC team was what things could I abuse that I couldn't in 6v6. Moody immediately came to mind and when I found out Dark Void hit two people I knew I wanted it.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Dragon Claw
- Protect

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SDef / 180 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Stone Edge
- Crunch

Zephyr Blade (Aegislash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- King's Shield
- Substitute

Gardevoir @ Choice Specs
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 60 SAtk / 20 SDef / 60 Spd
Modest Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

The rest, ask if you want more detail on anything, late and can't be bothered to do a full RMT.

The issue now is breeding the team on my 3DS, if anyone has breeding fodder for any of these Pokemon (particularly the ones with hidden abilities and a 0 IV honedge) please let me know. I also have no idea how I'm going to sketch Dark Void so I may need some help with that from someone.

Frost_Ace

Are you sure you want king's shield on smeargle? It doesn't block taunt and status moves, I suggest using spiky shield.

EDIT: I think I have a 0 IV honedge and a rough skin garchomp I can give you.

Hobobloke

Are you sure you want king's shield on smeargle? It doesn't block taunt and status moves, I suggest using spiky shield.

EDIT: I think I have a 0 IV honedge and a rough skin garchomp I can give you.

King's Shield let's me cripple fake out users, particularly other mega kang's. I'll use fake out with my kang on a taunt or status user normally, the main reason I use scrappy is so I can fake out thing's like Sableye.

That'd be fantastic, my details are on my profile.

Frost_Ace

King's Shield let's me cripple fake out users, particularly other mega kang's. I'll use fake out with my kang on a taunt or status user normally, the main reason I use scrappy is so I can fake out thing's like Sableye.

That'd be fantastic, my details are on my profile.
Added you! Unfortunately I checked and I don't have any 0iv honedge :( but I have the gible.

Muku

So how did the cloning go? :p

Ahh you're around, give me a sec. :) Got him right after you left for night LOL. Hunting stupid Zapdos in my other copy of X. Least fun part about the game.

Edit: Let me know when you're on. (Was on, but got 3DS's up at the moment and need space so ones gotta go at the moment, haha.) Also, thank you so much for lending me him!

Man I'm still getting shitty offsprings with 5iv parents and destiny knot

I have a spare 6IV JPN Ditto if that'll help. The worst you get with it and a 5IV parent are 4IVs.

As it stands, IIRC, your parent Pokemon are each missing one stat, but not the same stat? Sadly that's inefficient and you'll consistently get 3IV children. If they were both missing the same stat, the missing one would not be chosen twice (once from each parent) and you'd consistently hatch 4IV+ eggs.

Type2

I have a spare 6IV JPN Ditto if that'll help. The worst you get with it and a 5IV parent are 4IVs.

As it stands, IIRC, your parent Pokemon are each missing one stat, but not the same stat? Sadly that's inefficient and you'll consistently get 3IV children. If they were both missing the same stat, the missing one would not be chosen twice (once from each parent) and you'd consistently hatch 4IV+ eggs.
I believe if I had a power anklet and put it on my 6iv ditto I would get that speed stat I so badly want passed down.
I'd be okay if it were missing an iv I'm special attack but I can't seem to get a case of that to happen. They either fail short at one of the defenses or speed.

Btw I can always use more friends for safari!

Edit: just put my friend code in my profile.

Alchemy

Anyone have a Huge Power Bunnelby/Diggersby they can give me? Don't care about IVs or anything, I can do the breeding. Just need the HA.

Sleepwalker

Hey man, you still have that larvesta lying around?

Ahh you're around, give me a sec. :) Got him right after you left for night LOL. Hunting stupid Zapdos in my other copy of X. Least fun part about the game.

Edit: Let me know when you're on. (Was on, but got 3DS's up at the moment and need space so ones gotta go at the moment, haha.) Also, thank you so much for lending me him!

Nice! glad it wasn't one of those days haha, I'll be on for the next couple hours so whenever you get the chance to be around just send me a trade inv.

Type2

oh god, i finally got a 6iv adamant mawile with intimidate.
I have a ton of breeding rejects with 5ivs if anyone is interested.

Muku

Hate when you're scrolling and stylus hits a Pokemon and it's like "lawls, this one?" Fuuuuuuuudge no. I got too many Pokemon in my PC, so damn hard to find anything LOL.

Hey nintendoplaystation, thanks a lot for the larvesta! much appreciated.

Thanks for the HA Vulpix! Nice Premier Ball!

Hate when you're scrolling and stylus hits a Pokemon and it's like "lawls, this one?" Fuuuuuuuudge no. I got too many Pokemon in my PC, so damn hard to find anything LOL.

Thank heaven for Bank or I would've stopped playing ages ago. I have to unload my breeding rejects. I rarely use the stylus though, thankfully.

Muku

Thank heaven for Bank or I would've stopped playing ages ago. I have to unload my breeding rejects. I rarely use the stylus though, thankfully.

I keep all the stuff I want to store in Pokebank. My living Pokedex.. my living shiny Pokedex that I'm working on, event Pokemon. Right now my problem is Piplup army invading my box. Willing to sacrifice them to the shiny God when one pops up.

I use stylus because I feel like delay between buttons is too long. Drives me batshit insane.

Edit: Wow, what is with all these Charizards on GTS today?

Sleepwalker

Haha knew you'd like the ball, female too so she can pass it down!. I'm not sure if the one I sent you had any egg moves, (well just 1, hypnosis) but if you want that move i have many spares.

So if anyone needs drought vulpix + hypnosis, just ask, before i start wonder trading them.

Type2

Does anyone have a dratini with extreme speed? Dragonite is next on my list for breeding.

Edit: Nvm, looks like i had one from a wondertrade!

Does anyone have a dratini with extreme speed? Dragonite is next on my list for breeding.

Edit: Nvm, looks like i had one from a wondertrade!

Is Extreme Speed the only thing you need? I have a spare 3IV female Adamant Marvel Scale Dratini with Dragon Rush, Dragon Dance, Iron Tail and Extreme Speed.

Type2

Is Extreme Speed the only thing you need? I have a spare 3IV female Adamant Marvel Scale Dratini with Dragon Rush, Dragon Dance, Iron Tail and Extreme Speed.
Yeah extreme speed was all I was looking for. That wonder trade dratini was adamant with marvel scale!
Im looking to use him as a cleaner so his base moveset covers that well enough with extremespeed.

edit: these things take forever to hatch, qq

Yeah extreme speed was all I was looking for. That wonder trade dratini was adamant with marvel scale!
Im looking to use him as a cleaner so his base moveset covers that well enough with extremespeed.

edit: these things take forever to hatch, qq

Yeah they do. I asked here once upon a time regarding the viability of Iron Tail as a panic mode safety against Fairies but never got an answer. It really all comes down to RNG and luck.

lupinko

Yeah they do. I asked here once upon a time regarding the viability of Iron Tail as a panic mode safety against Fairies but never got an answer. It really all comes down to RNG and luck.

I'll be home in like 30-40 min I can give ya abra then.

Haha knew you'd like the ball, female too so she can pass it down!. I'm not sure if the one I sent you had any egg moves, (well just 1, hypnosis) but if you want that move i have many spares.

So if anyone needs drought vulpix + hypnosis, just ask, before i start wonder trading them.

I'll take one just in case I change my mind on the quickball one I'm beeding.

Muku if you want to clone them, you can clone my shiny Siglyph and Xatu if you want, also Shiny pidgeot.

Ultimadrago

It seems like using Powersaves, you can obtain certain unreleased HA Pokemon. I'm currently breeding/cloning Modest Skrelp w/ Adaptability in Luxury Balls.

Anyone interested in getting one?

Edit: If I can even trade them.

Edit 2: They are "untradeable" ;__;

Type2

Ah, I see. I just plan to use him last on a pretty offensive team. I should know about any fairies by then.

Top Bottom