• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Ultimadrago

Before Tyrunt hatching I decided to mess with AZ's Floette as well. Completely forgot about the special move: Light of Ruin!

img_0554c0clp.jpg

img_0552phfvx.jpg

The Shiny AZ Floette also is in a Love Ball. Double illegal~!

One of the great things about working with gamers is that when the call goes out for help tracking down pokemon they really come through.

Somehow I ended up with a ton of legendaries and all sorts of fun things, dropping my list down to a measly 56 non X/Y Pokemon needed to fill my dex. This is still daunting but at least I have taken a large chunk out of freaking out about not being able to find Mew and some others.

Ultimadrago

One of the great things about working with gamers is that when the call goes out for help tracking down pokemon they really come through.

Somehow I ended up with a ton of legendaries and all sorts of fun things, dropping my list down to a measly 56 non X/Y Pokemon needed to fill my dex. This is still daunting but at least I have taken a large chunk out of freaking out about not being able to find Mew and some others.

Agreed! What's the list of Pokemon you have left, btw? I may be able to help with some.

How do you get love balls?

They had to be transferred from Pokemon caught in HGSS with them since they're Apricot Balls (that were only available in Gen II). So to technically get it on a Pokemon in X/Y, you would get one from HGSS upwards and breed it down from a Female. Using Powersaves, you can just put a Pokemon in almost any Ball you want with some clicks.

Infinite

They had to be transferred from Pokemon caught in HGSS with them since they're Apricot Balls (that were only available in Gen II). So to technically get it on a Pokemon in X/Y, you would get one from HGSS upwards and breed it down from a Female. Using Powersaves, you can just put a Pokemon in almost any Ball you want with some clicks.

How?

Sleepwalker

I can't put Stealth Rock on this Mew because that was only a TM in gen 4. :/

That would be for the next Mews taken from MPR I guess. :/

Curse you stealth rocks! >>

Thanks tho.

I got the birds, I know at least I have moltes handy.

Depending on your party, sunny day/rain dance could be good, maybe sword dance/bulk up so you can baton pass to both a psychical sweeper and a special one.

Toxic spikes/spikes but i'm not sure if those are tms or not.

Do you want anything specific for the birds?

Type2

I missed out on so many goodies by not playing black and white 1/2.

I'm still looking for a magikarp with bounce if any of you guys have a spare I could use for breeding. Ivs don't matter.

How do I get knock off on my mawile? Is that another move tutor for an earlier game?

Agreed! What's the list of Pokemon you have left, btw? I may be able to help with some.

Thanks for the help. I sent you a list via PM.

lupinko

Depending on your party, sunny day/rain dance could be good, maybe sword dance/bulk up so you can baton pass to both a psychical sweeper and a special one.

Toxic spikes/spikes but i'm not sure if those are tms or not.

Do you want anything specific for the birds?

Let me figure something out on what I want. I have Moltes tho. Which I'll give regardless.

Sleepwalker

Let me figure something out on what I want. I have Moltes tho. Which I'll give regardless.

Actually, you need a recovery move unless using leftovers, so maybe this.

Mew
@focus sash/lefties
bold or spdef boosting nature/timid if you want speed

252hp/4spd or def and 252 speed imo.

spore/toxic
Calm mind/bulk up/sword dance/sunny day/rain dance
Recover/substitute
baton pass.

Something like that, you can ditch the recover and just use toxic if you want to cripple as many pokemon as possible. If you go with leftovers, by all means run Rock polish instead for more boosts.

As for the moltres, thanks a lot!, I'm available now for a few mins or in about a few hours i think.

lupinko

Actually, you need a recovery move unless using leftovers, so maybe this.

Mew
@focus sash/lefties
bold or spdef boosting nature/timid if you want speed

252hp/4spd or def and 252 speed imo.

spore/toxic
Calm mind/bulk up/sword dance/sunny day/rain dance
Recover/substitute
baton pass.

Something like that, you can ditch the recover and just use toxic if you want to cripple as many pokemon as possible. If you go with leftovers, by all means run Rock polish instead for more boosts.

As for the moltres, thanks a lot!, I'm available now for a few mins or in about a few hours i think.

I'm off to work now unfortunately, and the current Mew I have is Mild sadly, the poor man's timid. So I don't know if that would work with your timid set. It's going to be EV trained 252 spe 4 hp 252 spA.

The silver lining is that I found out that multiple carts go toward Mew and Phione in MPR, so I can easily farm Mews! And to a much lesser extent Phione.

So I can get a better nature Mews eventually. :)

I say that because I don't have a tv and I would need either a hdmi converter or VGA cable to use my Wii on my monitor.

Alchemy

Training my April Friendlys team... zzzzzzz. Thankfully I had 1 out of 6 Pokemon already made, but breeding 5 nearly perfect Pokemon and training them is tiring me out. So bored.

lupinko

I would put Mew on a team with my Bold Sleep Talk Uxie and a Timid Nasty Plot Azelf.

I haven't figured out who else to put, I wanted to round it out with Mesprit but I'm still trying to catch a preferred nature. I should have just kept the timid and brave ones but I got too greedy. >>

Baton Passer Mew would work but does Mew being Mild hurt baton passer Mew?

I also have a Wish Xatu, another defensive wall in Siglyph via Magic Guard. And can easily bring an adamant Haxorus to the fold.

This meta game is too deep! >>

Sleepwalker

Training my April Friendlys team... zzzzzzz. Thankfully I had 1 out of 6 Pokemon already made, but breeding 5 nearly perfect Pokemon and training them is tiring me out. So bored.

Wow I forgot about this, will have to make do with the team I have.. when it says kalos pokedex, does it mean only the ones with the hexagon?

@lupinko you can set up mew as a special tank if the drop of defense concerns you.

I took this one from smogon:

EVs 252 hp, 232 SpD and 24 speed

@leftovers

~ Taunt
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Softboiled
~ Psyshock / Psychic

It breaks stall with taunt, causes residual damage and cripples psychical sweepers with WoW and has psyshock/psychic so he can do some damage on his own.

You can also run my set but on the special wall side, maybe get WoW + spore + calm mind + baton pass. WoW so you can cripple and burn things after putting other mon to sleep if you're playing under sleep clause.

Alchemy

Wow I forgot about this, will have to make do with the team I have.. when it says kalos pokedex, does it mean only the ones with the hexagon?

I believe it is the same as the current VGC restrictions, meaning only Pokemon from the Kalos dex that were bred on X and Y (so blue hexagon plus an extra restriction).

lupinko

@lupinko you can set up mew as a special tank if the drop of defense concerns you.

I took this one from smogon:

EVs 252 hp, 232 SpD and 24 speed

@leftovers

~ Taunt
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Softboiled
~ Psyshock / Psychic

It breaks stall with taunt, causes residual damage and cripples psychical sweepers with WoW and has psyshock/psychic so he can do some damage on his own.

You can also run my set but on the special wall side, maybe get WoW + spore + calm mind + baton pass. WoW so you can cripple and burn things after putting other mon to sleep if you're playing under sleep clause.

I like your spore idea but I don't think Mew can learn spore anywhere. :/

But Mew does Hypnosis, and while I can't get softboiled (3rd gen MT), I can use Roost instead.

So with those suggestions and ideas right now either:

Taunt
WoW
Roost
Psyshock/psychic

Or

WoW
hypnosis
Calm mind
Baton pass

Curse these limitations!

Mew will be paired with the Super Pixies so that's a team of four set at least.

Sleepwalker

I believe it is the same as the current VGC restrictions, meaning only Pokemon from the Kalos dex that were bred on X and Y (so blue hexagon plus an extra restriction).

What kind of setup are you going to run?

So far all i've managed to read about is people running wild with mega kanga, xerneas, mega mewtwo and yvetal.

Ugh, I haven't really bothered with the ubers yet, will get owned.

@lupinko, 1st set would be great for a mew with heavy investment in defense thanks to WoW taunt + roost, usually a contact sweeper will not be able to kill you and will die of residual, also psyshock is better than psychic.

As for the baton passer, it looks good but if hypnosis fails and you get taunted you are going to be forced to switch out without passing boosts. I run hypnosis myself but it really is a lottery with that shady accuracy.

Alchemy

So far all i've managed to read about is people running wild with mega kanga, xerneas, mega mewtwo and yvetal.

Mewtwo, Yvetal, and Xerneas aren't allowed if it the same as VGC rules. Nintendo has been pretty good about banning legendaries in their formats in recent years. I'll be running some pretty non-standard (especially by Smogon standards) stuff because it will be Bring 6, pick 3 like the Singles Battlespot format. Bringing some bulky offense.

lupinko

@lupinko, 1st set would be great for a mew with heavy investment in defense thanks to WoW taunt + roost, usually a contact sweeper will not be able to kill you and will die of residual, also psyshock is better than psychic.

As for the baton passer, it looks good but if hypnosis fails and you get taunted you are going to be forced to switch out without passing boosts. I run hypnosis myself but it really is a lottery with that shady accuracy.

Ok well this Mew is decided, I think I will just catch a Jolly or Adamant Mewtwo now in LG, I'll put off the Shiny Hunt for my other LG cart. Also Ultimadrago already gave me a shiny Mewtwo so I can catch one later.

I took this from Gamefaqs:
Jolly/Adamant Nature
Mewtwonite X
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Zen Headbutt (Gen IV Tutor)
Drain Punch (Gen IV TM)
Ice Punch (Emerald Tutor)
Double-Edge (Gen III tutor)

That certainly can be done on my end, what do you say gaf? So basically Mega Mewtwo X, Mew and super Pixies.

Edit: I can also this Jirachi thanks to Wish Maker:

Adamant or Jolly
Ice Punch
fire Punch
thunder punch
Drain punch

Lol I'm so obsessed with elemental punches.

Sleepwalker

Mewtwo, Yvetal, and Xerneas aren't allowed if it the same as VGC rules. Nintendo has been pretty good about banning legendaries in their formats in recent years. I'll be running some pretty non-standard (especially by Smogon standards) stuff because it will be Bring 6, pick 3 like the Singles Battlespot format. Bringing some bulky offense.

I just checked, all pokemon with blue pentagon and in the kalos dex are allowed, this includes Mewtwo, Xerneas, Yvetal and Zygarde as the only "ubers" allowed.

It's time for mega kanga.

lupinko

Just got Jolly Mewtwo in LG, 246 hp/171 att/142 def/spa 212/spd 147/215 speed

Keep or continue SRing gaf? This is for older gen exclusive tms and move tutor moves, a real Mega X.

Edit I just found an approximate of what its stats should be. Oh well back to SRing.

Sleepwalker

Oh god, scratch the above post, volcarona learns bug buzz at lvl 70!!! and fiery dance (which I intend to use) at lvl 100?!! 100? are you frigging kidding me gamefreak? gosh.

macklelol

Oh god, scratch the above post, volcarona learns bug buzz at lvl 70!!! and fiery dance (which I intend to use) at lvl 100?!! 100? are you frigging kidding me gamefreak? gosh.

You should check out the Move Relearner once you get a Volcarona.

Volcarona and other Pokemon with late level up moves can get them from the Move Relearner at any level.

Sleepwalker

Volcarona and other Pokemon with late level up moves can get them from the Move Relearner at any level.

Lol didn't know that, was already assimilating the idea of grinding to lvl 100. Glad this is a thing.

Nvm larvesta evolves at lvl 59, zweilous is the one that evolves at 64 which is still excesive.

50-55 would be nice but oh well.

Yeah I know volcarona is worth the wait haha.

Yeah the Move Relearner saves lots of time but I level everything to 100 anyway. Pokemon X is the first game in which I ever had Larvesta & Volcarona, so I'm incredibly pleased with it.

I got ya covered. Actually have one 6IV JPN Ditto left after my last batch of cloning them. It's yours, if you'd like.

If you've got one you wouldn't mind parting with, that'd be great. I don't have much to offer in return at the moment, though I've got a half dozen or so 5IV Bulbasaurs now with various natures (a couple of Jollys and I forget the rest).

I'm on GMT time so schedules might not sync, but my details are below:

FC: 4957 4045 5559
IGN: Matt

Muku

If you've got one you wouldn't mind parting with, that'd be great. I don't have much to offer in return at the moment, though I've got a half dozen or so 5IV Bulbasaurs now with various natures (a couple of Jollys and I forget the rest).

I'm on GMT time so schedules might not sync, but my details are below:

FC: 4957 4045 5559
IGN: Matt

It's cool, you can trade me anything. Just clone these things to help folks out since someone helped me out with one here originally. :) First FC in my profile will work. IGN is Mukumuku. Just let me know when is a good time. Been around at odd times past few days due to work. (Plus this 3DS isn't my main so have to know when someone is on to get on with it.)

It's cool, you can trade me anything. Just clone these things to help folks out since someone helped me out with one here originally. :) First FC in my profile will work. IGN is Mukumuku. Just let me know when is a good time. Been around at odd times past few days due to work. (Plus this 3DS isn't my main so have to know when someone is on to get on with it.)

No worries buddy. I've added you now so I'll keep an eye out for you being online.

Cheers again.

Muku

Well, I'll be damned. Something I didn't know. At what point does it pick up at?

Macka

So I just heard that the National Championships are being held in Australia in May. I want to participate, but I just read in the rules that:

Players are restricted on which region Game Cards they can use, based on the country where they are playing.
- Players at European events may only use European Game Cards.
- Players at North American events may only use North American Game Cards.
- Players at the World Championships may only use Game Cards that are legal in their home markets.

Seriously? I imported a US 3DS...so I can't do this at all. So disappointing.

Finally gotten the damn shiny charm.

The only thing that was really frustrating was the friendship evolutions.

Now to get a noibat with switcheroo...

Top Bottom