• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

ngower

Whats with all the Umbreon love! I can't stand Umbreon, though I mostly attribute that to gold and silver coming out when I was in fourth grade, being super excited for new eevee evolutions and dark type, and buying a strategy guide just to figure out how to get that cool new dark type eevee evolution. Wasn't allowed to play video games at night as a kid, so I had to sneak because of the night evolution, and I had no idea how to get a pokemon with high friendship (strategy guides sucked back then). After a few nights of trying, I finally got my Umbreon! Only to learn that the damn thing's best attack was a 60 power Faint Attack! It was the biggest disappointment of my entire elementary school life. Damn thing was useless in game, which was really all that existed back in GSC days, aside from a random link battle with my brother.

I know that Umbreon is a pretty great tank now competitively, but I have never been able to get over how incredibly let down I was when I first used it, and cannot stand it to this day. Unfortunate, because I think it has a really cool design. I can see how people who first saw it in gen IV would have a different impression though.

Don't take your childhood angst on Umbreon!

I haven't played many online matches, but with the Elite Four Umbreon's Wish and Moonlight are awesome ways of depleting PP of powerful moves. I need to get the Toxic TM so I can teach mine that, but just sitting there and letting people destroy themselves is a slightly sadistic but ultimately satisfying tactic.

While trying to catch Nintendo Playstation's abra Ha Ina premier ball, I caught a jolly xatu with synchronize, and it's shiny too!

It's not magic bounce but unlike the other Shinies I've caught recently, I think I'll keep her. Not since the start of my X playthru last October with Shiny Pidgey who would go on to be shiny bird jesus have I been excited for a caught shiny.

Yay! Helping you get closer to obtaining your Shiny Charm is good shiny karma for me and helping me with my Premier Ball obsession is good shiny karma for you!

Sleepwalker

Breeding question.

I currently have 2 growlithes with flash fire, is there any way to breed one with intimidate? (this is not a hidden ability), every single egg seems to have flash fire. :/

fek

Breeding question.

I currently have 2 growlithes with flash fire, is there any way to breed one with intimidate? (this is not a hidden ability), every single egg seems to have flash fire. :/
Yes, it's possible, chance is said to be 20% if you are breeding with a female with flash fire.

Ah, how times have changed.

I remember in the GSC days, I was convinced I'd never get a Lucky Egg because Chanseys were so rare as were their Lucky Eggs.

Now you get a free one in X and Y and I farmed 5 Lucky Eggs (enough for a whole party) from a Chansey Safari in the space of a hour.

Fingers crossed the next games add more Move Tutors. I want a legit HA Eevee with great stats and Hyper Voice X D

Type2

I love the GTS. Was wondering how to get some trade evolved pokemon then I realized I should just ask for the previous form and when I get it it'll evolve.

And of course using Scatterbugs for the trade.
The scatterbug thing has really been helping me get a lot of the pokemon I want. I'm at the elite four now and looking to take them out tonight after work.

Soma

I finally got around to beating the Elite Four in X the other day so now I'm doing enough end-game content to feel comfortable posting in here now.

Found myself addicted to Wonder Trading. I usually get trash but every once in a while I get a cool starter or something I don't have and one time I got an Espeon! I noticed I've been getting a lot of Froakies and even one time I traded one away and got one in return haha. Sometimes I'll be nice and give away a something like a Haunter or Machoke so it'll evolve via trading.

I guess right now I'm just working on filling up my Pokedex and working on creating some teams for battling. (i'm doing soooo bad in online battles so far though lol)

I finally got around to beating the Elite Four in X the other day so now I'm doing enough end-game content to feel comfortable posting in here now.

Found myself addicted to Wonder Trading. I usually get trash but every once in a while I get a cool starter or something I don't have and one time I got an Espeon! I noticed I've been getting a lot of Froakies and even one time I traded one away and got one in return haha. Sometimes I'll be nice and give away a something like a Haunter or Machoke so it'll evolve via trading.

I guess right now I'm just working on filling up my Pokedex and working on creating some teams for battling. (i'm doing soooo bad in online battles so far though lol)
Nice.

I usually Wonder Trade my breeding rejects; I wonder (no pun intended) if anybody got any use from them?

Also, funnily enough I sent off an Espeon a few days ago. I doubt you were the "Dawn" that received it though : P

JulianImp

I once got a Shelmet while trading away my Karrablast breeding rejects. Sadly, the Accelgor I got was one that was just caught in the wild, so it had no cool moves or abilities at all.

Still, I feel like wonder trading takes way longer than it should. My internet went out once after the game had found a trading partner for me, and I still ended up getting the long trade animation and keeping the pokémon I got from the wonder trade, which probably means the whole trade animation thing isn't even needed, and you could end up saving lots of time if there was a way to skip it (or at least make it a little bit faster).

Unicorn

Is there a comprehensive guide to the Pokemon Bank? I've been holding off on transferring until now.

I have pokemon coming all the way from R/S and have been slowly going through White 2. Do I need to beat the elite 4 to do the transfer to Bank? What about if I have pokemon in White 1 I want to trade to White 2 before transferring? I'm sure I have some duped/hacked pokemon I've received over the years. Is there any kind of filter or what? I just don't want to lose some of these babies I've had for ~10 years.

Sleepwalker

You said it's a non-hidden ability you're after right? Why don't you just use an ability capsule to change it to the one you want after you're done breeding?

Sorry, I didn't explain myself properly, I already got a couple intimidate ones and they come up randomly, just had bad luck at the beginning, but out of 30 eggs or so i've only had 1 female which is what I needed to breed close combat from lucario into a growlithe, now I'm working the IVs up but already have the egg move.

Still, nature is gonna be a pain in the ass since I don't have an adamant ditto, went to the village and caught 5 and all 5 turned out to be gentle (christ). I don't have a ditto friend safari in my FL :(

Sorry, I didn't explain myself properly, I already got a couple intimidate ones and they come up randomly, just had bad luck at the beginning, but out of 30 eggs or so i've only had 1 female which is what I needed to breed close combat from lucario into a growlithe, now I'm working the IVs up but already have the egg move.

Still, nature is gonna be a pain in the ass since I don't have an adamant ditto, went to the village and caught 5 and all 5 turned out to be gentle (christ). I don't have a ditto friend safari in my FL :(
Oh, well that's different then. I looked it up and I had no idea the male/female ratio was as bad as the starters. GL man!

Muku

I have an extra Growlithe that is Adamant. Not sure how egg moves get determined, since this one has some already. Though I imagine you can go to move deleter to remove the ones you don't need.

Adamant ~ Intimidate ~ 31/x/x/31/x/31 ~ Moves: Bite, Roar, Morning Sun, Close Combat

He's all yours if you want.

lupinko

I also have a bunch of Adamant / intimidate Growlithes 4-5 IVs, some female ones too.

I'm really liking Shiny Jolly Wish Xatu, she's only superior potential / 2iv but is a lot of fun. Kinda tempting me to do a perfect breed but I have enough of a backlog as it is. Lol

I'll just EV train this one while the Axew factory continues to chug along.

fek

Is there a comprehensive guide to the Pokemon Bank? I've been holding off on transferring until now.

I have pokemon coming all the way from R/S and have been slowly going through White 2. Do I need to beat the elite 4 to do the transfer to Bank? What about if I have pokemon in White 1 I want to trade to White 2 before transferring? I'm sure I have some duped/hacked pokemon I've received over the years. Is there any kind of filter or what? I just don't want to lose some of these babies I've had for ~10 years.
I don't think you need to beat the elite 4 to transfer to the bank, but you need to do it to transfer from gen 4. You can transfer to pokebank from White 1 too if that's easier for you.
If your pokemon is illegal it will just tell you that something is wrong with that pokemon and it won't be transferred, it won't be deleted or anything.

lupinko

I don't think you need to beat the elite 4 to transfer to the bank, but you need to do it to transfer from gen 4. You can transfer to pokebank from White 1 too if that's easier for you.
If your pokemon is illegal it will just tell you that something is wrong with that pokemon and it won't be transferred, it won't be deleted or anything.

But Bank will sometimes allow some variations of hacks yet other times will not transfer legitimate and legal and real pokemon like Shiny Wishmaker Jirachi. All because Gamefreak is lame.

Type2

Just beat the elite four. Azumaril was house!
The actual building and rooms were impressive. I really dig the art directions there.

Muku

I've had that happen once. It was horrible. :(

I never saw it until yesterday going through Victory Road on my JPN copy of X. (And I played around there a lot on my main copy and never saw 'em...) I ran. I was like no way I'm fighting this horde. Creepiest encounter I've ever had in Pokemon. :( Gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it.

Sleepwalker

I have an extra Growlithe that is Adamant. Not sure how egg moves get determined, since this one has some already. Though I imagine you can go to move deleter to remove the ones you don't need.

Adamant ~ Intimidate ~ 31/x/x/31/x/31 ~ Moves: Bite, Roar, Morning Sun, Close Combat

He's all yours if you want.

Wow, I'd love taking this one if you don't mind.

Muku

Wow, I'd love taking this one if you don't mind.

Please do. I have been meaning to breed Growlithe but finding I have 3 males I've got in my "to breed" box and if I can find one of them a home that'd be great since I don't think 3 males are going to do me good there. Just let me know when you're available and he's yours.

Sleepwalker

Please do. I have been meaning to breed Growlithe but finding I have 3 males I've got in my "to breed" box and if I can find one of them a home that'd be great since I don't think 3 males are going to do me good there. Just let me know when you're available and he's yours.

I'm available now if you can, I can give you a female growlithe with close combat not sure on intimidate or nature front but should be decent IV wise lol. Have tons of 5 IV.

lupinko

While trying to catch HA female Abra Ina premier ball, I just encountered and caught a shiny HA siglyph, female and calm. Lol

Edit:

I'm available now if you can, I can give you a female growlithe with close combat not sure on intimidate or nature front but should be decent IV wise lol. Have tons of 5 IV.

I'm online right now too, I added you awhile back.

Muku

Awesome, on now. (I'm hoping I am online on right DS though.. LOL..)

Edit: Ugh crap, sorry about that. Knocked 3DS over and it closed shut. ;_; Stupid E4 is pissing me off on my other copy

Sleepwalker

While where at it, anyone got larvesta breeding rejects?

Btw lupinko, what was your FC again? I think I have it wrong because I don't see you online.

Sleepwalker

Haha okay. Confusing myself though while battling E4 on one 3DS and trying to trade on other LOL

Edit: Hope he helps ya out. :) Thank you for the female! :D

That female is neutral nature (i think) 5IVs and has close combat, should be good enough for breeding. Thanks to you man!

Muku

My Fc 4124-5002-7452 / ign Black Mamba.

Muku you can take the hippo! I was just hypnotized by it briefly!

LOL you sure? I admit it's color is hypnotizing.. it's such a badass.

Edit: Outside of Aegislash screwing me up and me not paying attention, steamrolling this E4. It's been fun rolling with damn near perfect Pokemon this run. Pokemon are 80+ and eating the E4 for dinner. Champion is about to bite the dust now.

Also, thank you for the Hippo! What a badass. I traded the least shittiest thing I had at moment. (No one wants a Piplup army.) Plus it's the awesome version of that one anyway.

Top Bottom