• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Ultimadrago

Cool, it's like 407pm Wednesday here in Japan. Lol

Well basically in less than an hour, I'll be ready if that's ok.

It's 2:15 am over here. lol But I'm mostly fine. Hmm, I'm starting to read online that they can't be traded. Lame.

We'll try anyways! If that doesn't work, I have a decent "consolation prize".

lupinko

It's 2:15 am over here. lol But I'm mostly fine. Hmm, I'm starting to read online that they can't be traded. Lame.

We'll try anyways! If that doesn't work, I have a decent "consolation prize".

Cool!

I don't know why I don't have the Shiny touch in my GBA games unlike X or even Pearl for that matter. :/

Type2

It's gonna be tough building an ou team without access to deoxys and those other legends everyone uses but I think I have some neat ideas.

Haven't found a single shiny yet in x.

lupinko

It's gonna be tough building an ou team without access to deoxys and those other legends everyone uses but I think I have some neat ideas.

Haven't found a single shiny yet in x.

I've caught in X for shinies:

pidgey, frufrou, snubbull, druddigon, Xatu and Siglyph. The last two just caught in the pass two days trying to catch a ha abra in FS, which became super easy once I remembered I had a Wobbuffett handy.

I've caught in X for shinies:

pidgey, frufrou, snubbull, druddigon, Xatu and Siglyph. The last two just caught in the pass two days trying to catch a ha abra in FS, which became super easy once I remembered I had a Wobbuffett handy.

The FS shiny rates are a whole lot better than regular wild encounters. And FS + shiny charm is completely silly.

Ultimadrago

So it seems like you can't trade unreleased HA mon. Makes sense I suppose. Ah well.

After training this Adaptability Dragalge I'm going for Rock Head Tyrantrum!

lupinko

The FS shiny rates are a whole lot better than regular wild encounters. And FS + shiny charm is completely silly.

The first three I caught in the wild, only the latter three in FS.

Thanks Ultimadrago for the Shiny Mewtwo and Axew!

With that said, I'm still going to SR in LG for Mewtwo and Breed Axew as a shiny still. Lol

Ultimadrago

With that said, I'm still going to SR in LG for Mewtwo and Breed Axew as a shiny still. Lol

No problem and good luck on your Shiny hunts~

Though it's unfortunate I wasn't allowed to hand over that HA Skrelp.

How do you chain?
To add to everything already said. Pokemon village is a good place for beginners as the grass regions are very large there.

There is a rumor that chains above I think it was 60 ensured 3 perfect IVs too (well I saw a few reddit posts noticing this on pokemon village ditto chains...of course now that 6IV Ditto is a thing this is futile).

The first three I caught in the wild, only the latter three in FS.

Thanks again for the Ivysaur and Abra. I only have 2 Psychic Safaris and 4 Grass Safaris and none of them had what I wanted. But I have like 20 Fire Safaris if anyone needs anything. :[

lupinko

Wow, I'm dumb, I got too excited and transferred Bold Uxie without giving it Stealth Rock in Pearl. sigh, I know I have my Diamond and Platinum carts still, but ugh.

Any ideas for a moveset for Bold Uxie?

Ninty PSX you're welcome!

lupinko

can't teach it in bw2?

My Uxie is already in X. Lol

I have both BW2 but again, I'm screwed for X I guess? :/

Edit: I'll do Sleep Talk Uxie, I can do a different bold Uxie next time.

Now, that's settled, any ideas for a Mild Mew? It's from MPR, and I rushed it up to X too, sigh.

Edit again, for vivillions, I see some countries have multiple types. My 3DS is Canadian, and there are different types for the various provinces/territories. I never set my Province but could I just change provinces over and over for those various Canuck Vivillions?

Muku

My Uxie is already in X. Lol

I have both BW2 but again, I'm screwed for X I guess? :/

Edit: I'll do Sleep Talk Uxie, I can do a different bold Uxie next time.

Now, that's settled, any ideas for a Mild Mew? It's from MPR, and I rushed it up to X too, sigh.

Edit again, for vivillions, I see some countries have multiple types. My 3DS is Canadian, and there are different types for the various provinces/territories. I never set my Province but could I just change provinces over and over for those various Canuck Vivillions?

I'm not sure if there is a "generic" Vivillon it sets or not. But even if there isn't and once a province is set, that's it for the game. Only way to get a different Vivillon is to start a completely new game. (Though even being Canadian, if you set your 3DS for elsewhere in world... assuming it's not on lockdown like JPN 3DS's, you could set up somewhere else, start a game, then go into your 3DS to change it back to your real place so you'd have whatever region's Vivi but have your correct location information.)

spiritfox

I'm not sure if there is a "generic" Vivillon it sets or not. But even if there isn't and once a province is set, that's it for the game. Only way to get a different Vivillon is to start a completely new game. (Though even being Canadian, if you set your 3DS for elsewhere in world... assuming it's not on lockdown like JPN 3DS's, you could set up somewhere else, start a game, then go into your 3DS to change it back to your real place so you'd have whatever region's Vivi but have your correct location information.)

There's a Vivillon pattern set for non-state/province US and Canada, so you'll get that pattern (which I don't remember right now).

Muku

There's a Vivillon pattern set for non-state/province US and Canada, so you'll get that pattern (which I don't remember right now).

Thought there was. Pretty sure I didn't have a state set for my 3DS originally when I started up X. :( Though no idea, but it's some shitty Vivi pattern I'm sure.

Edit: I want to say it's Modern, but I could be wrong.

Is Extreme Speed the only thing you need? I have a spare 3IV female Adamant Marvel Scale Dratini with Dragon Rush, Dragon Dance, Iron Tail and Extreme Speed.

Haha knew you'd like the ball, female too so she can pass it down!. I'm not sure if the one I sent you had any egg moves, (well just 1, hypnosis) but if you want that move i have many spares.

So if anyone needs drought vulpix + hypnosis, just ask, before i start wonder trading them.
If both of you still have any spares, I'd love to take one off your hands, please. :) FC is in my profile and my IGN is Hans.

By the way, heading into work at the moment so I won't be available until after 3pm Eastern time.

Is it possible to catch Dittos in the Pokemon Village with two or more perfect IVs? I know you can get better Dittos in the Friend Safari, but I don't have access to it (no friends).

I lucked out and got a Japanese Bulbasaur with 4 IVs through a wonder trade, but it's a grind trying to get a female hatchling with more than 1 IV.

Does anyone know where I'd be able to get my hands on a Justified Absol with Play Rough? I haven't got too much to give in return, but at the very least I can offer a near-perfect Pokémon with a good nature and egg moves. I've got tons of Jolly Pursuit/Night Slash Slakoth if that's what floats your boat!

Sleepwalker

I'll be home in like 30-40 min I can give ya abra then.

I'll take one just in case I change my mind on the quickball one I'm beeding.

Muku if you want to clone them, you can clone my shiny Siglyph and Xatu if you want, also Shiny pidgeot.

Sorry I went to bed lol, sure I'll save one for ya.

Anyone have suggestions on the best way to fill the National Dex. That is my next goal and occasionally I run into luck with some oddball pokemon on wondertrade but everyone seems to want Legendaries for everything else.

I have yet to start breeding so all I have is my love to give. But Advice is what I want more than pokemon.

Anyone have suggestions on the best way to fill the National Dex. That is my next goal and occasionally I run into luck with some oddball pokemon on wondertrade but everyone seems to want Legendaries for everything else.

I have yet to start breeding so all I have is my love to give. But Advice is what I want more than pokemon.

Go to a trade/discussion thread and start asking for the Pokemon you need.

Ask if anyone has Dittos with perfect IVs and/or a Ditto Friend Safari. Those help too.

spiritfox

Does anyone know where I'd be able to get my hands on a Justified Absol with Play Rough? I haven't got too much to give in return, but at the very least I can offer a near-perfect Pokémon with a good nature and egg moves. I've got tons of Jolly Pursuit/Night Slash Slakoth if that's what floats your boat!

I have some.

Is there a fast way of making money in this game? I can't even afford dining in le wow anymore ;(

Have you been selling your Balm Mushrooms that you get for completing Le Wow?
Amulet coin and Battle Chateau gives quite a lot of cash, too.

I have a Female 6IV Jolly Starly with it's Hidden Ability and Double Edge as an egg move from my Staraptor I've been breeding, and you're free to have that it you want it.
Just level it up to a level 57 or 58 Staraptor (whenever it's last move is), which you can do easily in the Battle Restaurants in Lumiose City, make sure you keep Double Edge, then breed it with a Ditto of preferably a 5IV or 6IV one, and put the baby Starly's (even 5IV ones) that have the hidden ability onto GTS for legendaries/anything.

I don't have a high IV Ditto to spare though sadly, although I'm sure someone else'd be able to help you out.

From my 5IV Starlys I've gotten a Rayquaza, Shiny Groudon, Shiny Giratina, Shiny Palkia, Dialga, Reshiram, and two Kyurem on GTS.

Just put something like HA-Jolly-EgM-5IV in the description when you deposit it.

I have a Female 6IV Jolly Starly with it's Hidden Ability and Double Edge as an egg move from my Staraptor I've been breeding, and you're free to have that it you want it.
Just level it up to a level 57 or 58 Staraptor (whenever it's last move is), which you can do easily in the Battle Restaurants in Lumiose City, make sure you keep Double Edge, then breed it with a Ditto of preferably a 5IV or 6IV one, and put the baby Starly's (even 5IV ones) that have the hidden ability onto GTS for legendaries/anything.

I don't have a high IV Ditto to spare though sadly, although I'm sure someone else'd be able to help you out.

From my 5IV Starlys I've gotten a Rayquaza, Shiny Groudon, Shiny Giratina, Shiny Palkia, Dialga, Reshiram, and two Kyurem on GTS.

Just put something like HA-Jolly-EgM-5IV in the description when you deposit it.

That is Amazing thankyou. What can I give you in return?

Type2

You think the same could be done with other 6iv pokes?

Is it possible to catch Dittos in the Pokemon Village with two or more perfect IVs? I know you can get better Dittos in the Friend Safari, but I don't have access to it (no friends).
High Pokeradar chains 60+ will be 3IV at minimum but Pokeradar chaining does take some getting the hang of.

Honestly at this stage I'd see if anyone is willing to offer you a cloned 6IV Ditto (but be patient here, cloning is not exactly easy).

You think the same could be done with other 6iv pokes?

I assume so. Starly's are sort of unique though in the fact that the egg move was a move tutor move in one of the previous games I think (I got my Starly straight from GTS), and it seems to be fairly good at competitive battling, so it has both the appeal of being hard/impossible to get inside X and Y without trading/Poke Bank, and it is useful as well and has the right nature. As long as you have a 6IV Pokemon with it's best nature and ability, even if it's not it's hidden ability, I'd assume people would go for them.

So I finally got a preowned copy of Black 2 to try and fill in the gaps.

Of course, the guy playing it before had to have boxes of hacked Pokemon to tempt me (oh my gosh, Meloetta). However they were blatant hacks that wouldn't transfer, not even to fill my Pokedex : /

Well, at least they didn't bother catching the in-game legendaries, so I'm traveling Unova to catch 'em all (caught Latios and Cresselia thus far). I think I'll skip the pixies and 'gigas though X D

Also, had to give up SRing for Zapdos; will get back to it on a rainy day.

Type2

I assume so. Starly's are sort of unique though in the fact that the egg move was a move tutor move in one of the previous games I think (I got my Starly straight from GTS), and it seems to be fairly good at competitive battling, so it has both the appeal of being hard/impossible to get inside X and Y without trading/Poke Bank, and it is useful as well and has the right nature. As long as you have a 6IV Pokemon with it's best nature and ability, even if it's not it's hidden ability, I'd assume people would go for them.

Ah so my dratinis with extreme speed should work well. I managed to get a virizion for one today.

Next up on my pokesearch is a gyarados/magikarp with bounce!

Is there a fast way of making money in this game? I can't even afford dining in le wow anymore ;(

Always go dining with the prize money O-power. If you're going in with the lvl 2 one the trainers alone will give more than what you pay at entrance. Add in the mushrooms then you literally can go dining indefinitely.

Ultimadrago

Was wondering if anyone was available to help me trade evolve my Kadabra?

I'd appreciate the help!

FC: 1461-6195-0867

I'll help if you still need it. Are you still online? My FC is on my profile.

=====================================

And a picture example of the unreleased HA Dragalge (Modest Nature) I trained. Will put one up for Tyrantrum as well when I finish 'em.

img_0551q9k5z.jpg

lupinko

I forget if it's LE wow or LE yeah but you get a ton of super pricey mushrooms from them or whatever food that can be sold at high price.

I don't want to make it the same thing as my Nasty Plot Azelf so this is what I'm going for on my Hayley Mew:

Nasty Plot
psyshock
Blizzard
Aura sphere

Mild / 4hp / 252 spe / 252 spA

I shouldn't have rushed it up too, but I'll just get more from MPR and those will get the other TMs and Move Tutor moves from Gen 4 and Gen 5. Of course that won't be for awhile.

Mew is so hard for me to come up with moves since it can use pretty much everything almost. Lol

Any suggestions on a moveset in xy?

Sleepwalker

I forget if it's LE wow or LE yeah but you get a ton of super pricey mushrooms from them or whatever food that can be sold at high price.

I don't want to make it the same thing as my Nasty Plot Azelf so this is what I'm going for on my Hayley Mew:

Nasty Plot
psyshock
Blizzard
Aura sphere

Mild / 4hp / 252 spe / 252 spA

I shouldn't have rushed it up too, but I'll just get more from MPR and those will get the other TMs and Move Tutor moves from Gen 4 and Gen 5. Of course that won't be for awhile.

Mew is so hard for me to come up with moves since it can use pretty much everything almost. Lol

Any suggestions on a moveset in xy?

Spore
Stealth rock
Calm mind
Baton pass

lol..

This one's kind of a hard request but if someone got a spare Moltres/Articuno from cloning I would very much appreciate em or if you're looking for something in specific we can sort it out.

lupinko

Spore
Stealth rock
Calm mind
Baton pass

lol..

This one's kind of a hard request but if someone got a spare Moltres/Articuno from cloning I would very much appreciate em or if you're looking for something in specific we can sort it out.

I can't put Stealth Rock on this Mew because that was only a TM in gen 4. :/

That would be for the next Mews taken from MPR I guess. :/

Curse you stealth rocks! >>

Thanks tho.

I got the birds, I know at least I have moltes handy.

Top Bottom