• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Muku

Thanks muku!, got 5 eggs out of him, hopefully something good comes out from this first batch.

Awesome, hoping for the best for ya! Figured you'd go a round with him. Going to go through trouble for one egg might as well do a round. :) You're welcome.

Yeah I remember seeing some terrible legendaries back in the day, these days they have at least 3 perfect IVs I think, oh well, it's the thought that matters haha

Any caught Pokemon that cannot breed will have at least 3 perfect IVs.

Of course this means all the Legendaries in XY, but also the baby Pokemon that can be found in the wild.

I got a 4IV Huge Power Azumarill just by catching the first one I found outside Santalune City.

lupinko

I think some of the old wandering Pokemon from old games kind of had a glitch, didn't they? Where some were just so shitty? I know one or two of my dogs (legitimately caught in my old games) has some pretty horrendous stats. Though maybe that's why that poor bird made it into GTS circulation haha. :(

The Roamers glitch affected RS and LGFR.

So your Lati@s or Legendary Dog will always be bunk.

Edit: I decided I'll continue the Shiny Mewtwo Hunt in this LG, and go for a better Jolly in the other LG or in my SS or JP HG. Just the idea of Shiny Mewtwo X with actual awesome attacks from older games like Zen Headbutt and Drain Punch is too much to resist regardless I guess of nature and stats since rng is too hard for me.

Unless anyone else has any better ideas.

Oh right, my other reasoning is:

Mewtwo - Freeza
Mega Mewtwo Y - Majin Buu final form
mega Mewtwo X / shiny - Perfect Cell

Muku

Was supposed to be doing some things in this game but here i am, 40 mins later, just wondertrading.

Got bored breeding so WTing my breeding rejects (tend not to these days because prolongs process). But so bored this time it's actually at least a little entertaining. Except for all the dumb Charmanders today.

Sleepwalker

Got bored breeding so WTing my breeding rejects (tend not to these days because prolongs process). But so bored this time it's actually at least a little entertaining. Except for all the dumb Charmanders today.

I'm actually getting a good haul, Dratini, boldore, tepig, frillish all of which i didn't have.

I did get a couple pidgey, caterpie and eevee though

KiraFA37

Anyone got a spare rotom? I really can't wait till tuesday lol, i'll trade good stuff for him or if anyone is kind enough to loan me one and let me breed him that would be great.

Had I been on earlier I could have given you a perfect 5IV Timid Rotom (only missing attack IV). I've 7 of these lying around from the first time I tried breeding in pokemon. Anybody interested?

Toadette

Banned
can i get some help my little brother pokemon x wont start when on the 3ds xl home screen the box where the icon should be is empty and all his other 3ds games work so does my pokemon y

pokemon x wont work on my 3ds xl either

one_kill

can i get some help my little brother pokemon x wont start when on the 3ds xl home screen the box where the icon should be is empty and all his other 3ds games work so does my pokemon y

pokemon x wont work on my 3ds xl either
What region is the game and your consoles?

Raxious

Haven't played this game in a while, I'm even tempted to just get that Poke Bank thing, put all my pokemons on there and begin all over again.

Muku

Haven't played this game in a while, I'm even tempted to just get that Poke Bank thing, put all my pokemons on there and begin all over again.

PokeBank is worth it either way.

As for the Pokemon X not playing.. have you guys played it on the 3DS's you're trying, before? Wondering if it's also a region thing.

Thank ye RNG gods.

Timid Zapdos
Hidden Power Ice
28 / 3 or 4 / 20 / 31 / 31 / 31

Defence is *slightly* lower than I'd prefer, but eh... Keep or ditch? : o

Also, I wonder if there's still time to find+breed+train a replacement for Milotic for the April friendly (or VGC if I make it in)...

Wichu

Thank ye RNG gods.

Timid Zapdos
Hidden Power Ice
28 / 3 or 4 / 20 / 31 / 31 / 31

Defence is *slightly* lower than I'd prefer, but eh... Keep or ditch? : o

Also, I wonder if there's still time to find+breed+train a replacement for Milotic for the April friendly (or VGC if I make it in)...

Yeah, this is keepable.

Type2

So I've set up a team for the most part and then depression hit when I realized knock off and stealth rocks are move tutors from an older game.

So I've set up a team for the most part and then depression hit when I realized knock off and stealth rocks are move tutors from an older game.

I hate when that happens, the vetrans of Pokemon for the most part have the crap end of the stick. Being exposed to so much it is hard to keep it all sorted on what came from where and how or who.

JulianImp

So, I was breeding around ten eggs from my 6IV HA Hoppip in a Dream Ball before I began replacing its egg moves, and I got a freaking sweet shiny Hoppip with 31/xx/31/31/31/31 IVs and +Spd -Atk nature! It doesn't have its HA (got Clorophyl instead, which is really useful anyway), but I guess I could always try and build a team for it.

It's my first ever hatched shiny so I'm really happy that it's one of the pokemon I like, but I wish I could clone it myself so I could have one for doubles and another for singles, though. Getting it without even having the shiny charm or aiming to hatch a shiny makes it even better.

woolley

So can anyone explain PokeRus to me? So it makes your pokemon grow faster or better? And does it stay with some pokemon forever or is it temporary for all of them whether they hatched with it or not? If it's always temporary is there a way to tell how much longer your pokemon has it for?

Ultimadrago

So, I was breeding around ten eggs from my 6IV HA Hoppip in a Dream Ball before I began replacing its egg moves, and I got a freaking sweet shiny Hoppip with 31/xx/31/31/31/31 IVs and +Spd -Atk nature! It doesn't have its HA (got Clorophyl instead, which is really useful anyway), but I guess I could always try and build a team for it.

It's my first ever hatched shiny so I'm really happy that it's one of the pokemon I like, but I wish I could clone it myself so I could have one for doubles and another for singles, though. Getting it without even having the shiny charm or aiming to hatch a shiny makes it even better.

Congratulations! :)

So can anyone explain PokeRus to me? So it makes your pokemon grow faster or better? And does it stay with some pokemon forever or is it temporary for all of them whether they hatched with it or not? If it's always temporary is there a way to tell how much longer your pokemon has it for?

Pokerus makes the Pokemon infected gain twice the Effort Values from any given battle. So yes, it potentially can lead to stonger, faster Pokemon if you distribute Effort Values wisely. Not required to get an EV Maxed Pokemon, but makes the gain much faster while it's in effect. It's temporary permanent for all Pokemon (themselves. Can't be spread any longer after recovery), but may stay "frozen in time" if said Pokemon is placed within a Box.

I don't know how you can tell the duration left. Anyone know if it's a set amount of battles?

JulianImp

It basically doubles all EV gains. Once it "wears off", its EV doubling effect still applies but it can't be spread to other pokemon anymore.

I think the PokeRus timer resets whenever you deposite the pokemon into a PC, so you can keep one in there so you can spread the virus whenever the need arises.

Currently have a bunch of 5IV Bulbasaurs with various natures if anyone needs one? They're all male, and have Overgrow.

At the moment I've got:

2x Lax
1x Timid
1x Jolly
1x Sassy
1x Modest
1x Mild
1x Quirky
1x Brave
1x Quiet

Don't have time to check the spread on each, but if anyone's interested give me a shout and I can get back to you.

Grinding out these 6IV 'mons is a bitch. Plus, I need a female, which is like 1 in 10 hatch rate. I got incredibly lucky and received a perfect shiny Venusaur through Wonder Trade which has helped a lot, though.

Sleepwalker

Congratulations man! I know the feel, I hatched a shiny scyther in my 1st breeding attempt, was only like the 3rd egg lol.

So yeah he'll have Superpower, Yawn and Sucker Punch, I dunno if I can find a fourth.

I'm getting closer to the shiny charm in other news.

I think it's fine as it is, not sure if he learns flare blitz naturally but that would be a good 4th move for stab.

I still have 7 of those... FC is on my profile and IGN is Serena.

kk, adding you. Mine's in my profile, IGN Gabriel

spiritfox

It basically doubles all EV gains. Once it "wears off", its EV doubling effect still applies but it can't be spread to other pokemon anymore.

I think the PokeRus timer resets whenever you deposite the pokemon into a PC, so you can keep one in there so you can spread the virus whenever the need arises.

Pokerus wears off the next day, which means at midnight, but those Pokemon in the PC will be kept "frozen" so they'll continue to transmit even if you take them in and out many times. Just make sure they're in the PC at midnight.

WonderPup

Does anyone have a spare Bold Ditto lying around that they wouldn't mind parting with? I would even be okay with it being a loan. I'm trying to breed my first Murkrow, and I've never needed a Bold nature for anything in the past. : /

Type2

Currently have a bunch of 5IV Bulbasaurs with various natures if anyone needs one? They're all male, and have Overgrow.

At the moment I've got:

2x Lax
1x Timid
1x Jolly
1x Sassy
1x Modest
1x Bold
1x Mild
1x Quirky
1x Brave
1x Quiet

Don't have time to check the spread on each, but if anyone's interested give me a shout and I can get back to you.

Grinding out these 6IV 'mons is a bitch. Plus, I need a female, which is like 1 in 10 hatch rate. I got incredibly lucky and received a perfect shiny Venusaur through Wonder Trade which has helped a lot, though.
That boldasaur would be nice.
I have some drantini,mawile and honedge with 5ivs laying around.

Anyone got 2 spare reset bags that can use on two of my pokemon? I can't seem to get them in super training :(
You find them not from playing the games but being on the screen hitting the bag. Make sure to clear out the earned bags too (as you won't get any more if this is full).

If you have a Kee and Maranga berry you can make juice that acts as a reset bag (one per day* and has to be drunk on the spot).

If you get really stuck you could grow a load of EV down berries I guess...

*-IIRC if it were unlimited it would turn the leveling up from Furosade girls Audino (or le-wow) into growing Lanset and Starf berries to make level up juice (given how much work those two berries are its a bit of a lame reward)

Sleepwalker

33 straight win record in battle maison lost to a team of walls, eviolite lickilicky, quick claw steelix with earthquake and rock slide (missed a high jump kick on this one and lost my blaziken), reuniclus i assume with trick room but I managed to kill him before he moved and a sawk.

That boldasaur would be nice.
I have some drantini,mawile and honedge with 5ivs laying around.

No worries. I've checked its stats now and it's perfect in everything apart from HP. If you are happy with that then I wouldn't mind a Dratini. I'll be around for the next couple of hours and my FC is my profile. IGN is Matt.

Type2

No worries. I've checked its stats now and it's perfect in everything apart from HP. If you are happy with that then I wouldn't mind a Dratini. I'll be around for the next couple of hours and my FC is my profile. IGN is Matt.

added and yeah thats fine

edit: do you need any ditto?

Edit: i decided to give you a 3iv female one so youd have an easier time breeding with the right ability.
I have other 5iv ones but they are male

Unicorn

I'll help if you still need it. Are you still online? My FC is on my profile.

=====================================

And a picture example of the unreleased HA Dragalge (Modest Nature) I trained. Will put one up for Tyrantrum as well when I finish 'em.

wait... how did you get that dragalge?!

Frost_Ace

You find them not from playing the games but being on the screen hitting the bag. Make sure to clear out the earned bags too (as you won't get any more if this is full).

If you have a Kee and Maranga berry you can make juice that acts as a reset bag (one per day* and has to be drunk on the spot).

If you get really stuck you could grow a load of EV down berries I guess...

*-IIRC if it were unlimited it would turn the leveling up from Furosade girls Audino (or le-wow) into growing Lanset and Starf berries to make level up juice (given how much work those two berries are its a bit of a lame reward)

Oh I see, I'll try to get one that way.

Top Bottom