• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Raxious

Sooo, apparently some of the pokemon I wanted to bring over from Black 2 into the Bank are considered illegal :s some of em are from the GTS and some were traded with friends, o well.

L.O.R.D

i am testing this new tactic
i have mega Heracross and sap sipper Bouffalant
when i do bullet seed , sap sipper is activated only once
and the attack is stopped , why ?

i thought i can rise the attack by 5 stages in one turn

i am testing this new tactic
i have mega Heracross and sap sipper Bouffalant
when i do bullet seed , sap sipper is activated only once
and the attack is stopped , why ?

i thought i can rise the attack by 5 stages in one turn

Man, if it worked like that i'd be scared to see the shenanigans that would pop up online.

You could always try having dought and mega kangaskarn instead because solarbeam is the only grass move karn gets. Well outside of HP grass I suppose. But for 2 stages might as well safeswag.

I just realized Unown is a stupidly rare pokemon as it's only gen 3/4 and dream world. Time to grab my unown farm from leafgreen and transfer them all the up to XY lol.

L.O.R.D

You could always try having dought and mega kangaskarn instead because solarbeam is the only grass move karn gets. Well outside of HP grass I suppose. But for 2 stages might as well safeswag.

hmmm , let me try it

qrYAWOC.jpg

nope , same thing

I finally went after the Moltres in my game and i'm not sure if it's a keeper or not:

Moltres - #146 (Hasty)
HP: 31
Att: 8
Def: 31
SpA: 31
SpD: 20
Speed: 31

Seeing 4 31's does make me happy but knowing it's hasty and not modest like I was going for does kinda suck. But what do you guys think?

LaNaranja

I finally went after the Moltres in my game and i'm not sure if it's a keeper or not:

Moltres - #146 (Hasty)

Seeing 4 31's does make me happy but knowing it's hasty and not modest like I was going for does kinda suck. But what do you guys think?

That looks pretty damn good to me.

Thanks a lot for the torchic darth!

No problem, enjoy!

Sleepwalker

Moltres - #146 (Hasty)

I'd say it's a keeper, after seeing all the crap moltres going around on gts, that one's amazing.

Moltres - #146 (Hasty)

How long have you been SRing and what's the Moltres for?

That Special Defence irks me a bit, but it's on par with my Zapdos's Defence, which I ended up keeping. So it's definitely worth thinking about at least.

Wichu

How long have you been SRing and what's the Moltres for?

That Special Defence irks me a bit, but it's on par with my Zapdos's Defence, which I ended up keeping. So it's definitely worth thinking about at least.

Hasty lowers the Defense even further. I wouldn't keep something without the right nature, regardless of the IVs.

I only started today so seeing that kinda surprised me. But even though hasty lowers his defense the speed goes up so it's like a (more fragile) timid one no?

Can someone help me evolve a Seadra in a couple of minute's time? Dragon Scale will be provided : )

I can help do a trade evolution or give you a breedable if you want.

I'll help, FC is in my profile ign is gabriel.

I'd like a breedable one lol.

That would be ace. My FC is in my profile too; IGN is GamerGuides.

I'll post again when ready (need to find somewhere to evolve Horsea ASAP).

Got these going spare:

Feebas w/ 2 egg moves [5 IV]
Fletchling w/ Gale Wings [4 IV]
Horsea w/ Sniper and Clear Smog [4 IV]
Male Eevees w/ 4 egg moves [5 IV]

Sleepwalker

That would be ace. My FC is in my profile too; IGN is GamerGuides.

I'll post again when ready (need to find somewhere to evolve Horsea ASAP).

Got these going spare:

Feebas w/ 2 egg moves [5 IV]
Fletchling w/ Gale Wings [4 IV]
Horsea w/ Sniper and Clear Smog [4 IV]
Male Eevees w/ 4 egg moves [5 IV]

I'd like a feebas if possible. Sure, i'll be on for a bit.

I'd like a feebas if possible. Sure, i'll be on for a bit.

Wise choice : D

BTW, if you send me a Prism Scale during the initial trade, I can evolve your Feebas during the second trade.

EDIT

Well, assuming you like the stats of the Feebas. It's female, Timid, missing Attack and has Haze and Hypnosis.

Sleepwalker

What do you guys think of a hasty Mewtwo X? Is that a good nature to run for him or is a regular timid Mewtwo a better option?

Mewtwo X is terrible as far as cart goes, he has no access to moves like zen headbutt or any other tutor moves so you'd have to run brick break and stuff that's just subpar.

I'd suggest just running a regular mewtwo, only way mega mewtwo x is worth it, is getting one with tutor moves from past gens into pokemon x/y.

Okay, I'm all ready now : )

Just need to add your FC and go online.

BTW, this is the outline of the trade, in case I get things mixed up.

Trade 1: I send Seadra with Dragon Scale and you send me a random unwanted Pokemon with a Prism Scale

If Kingdra learns a new move, skip it don't let it learn it. Also, Seadra has Pokerus, but I don't think that should affect your Pokemon since you're not battling.

Trade 2: Immediately after trade 1 (and after Seadra evolves), I'll send you Feebas with my own Prism Scale while you send me back Kingdra.

Give me a shout if you're okay with everything and when you're ready to trade, thanks!

Mewtwo X is terrible as far as cart goes, he has no access to moves like zen headbutt or any other tutor moves so you'd have to run brick break and stuff that's just subpar.

I'd suggest just running a regular mewtwo, only way mega mewtwo x is worth it, is getting one with tutor moves from past gens into pokemon x/y.

Yeah I saw that. I still can't figure out why GF wouldn't sneak in a few extra fighting moves for him to learn in XY or a Mewtwo specific tutor.

Unicorn

I'm getting super pissed at online battles.

Tried making a poison team, but I can't win.

A fucking Greninja beat out my Crobat. Fucking going for Attack-boost nature instead of Speed is the only reason I lost that fight. So fucking annoying. Dealing with Tyranitar also sucks major ass.

I just want to cry. I can't do unranked because it's just fucking legendary wankery and ranked is try-hards using OU shit. They need another bracket that enforces sleep clause among other handicaps to assist other try-hards like myself to feel good about the hundreds of hours I dump into pokemon only to get my shit pushed in.

fek

How would you EV train conkeldurr? I plan it to use it in doubles with assault vest/flame orb

252hp/252 atk?
I'd go with that but with the boost of assault vest, going with points in sp def instead of hp works better for taking special attacks, so it depends on what you want.

Sleepwalker

Okay, I'm all ready now : )

Just need to add your FC and go online.

BTW, this is the outline of the trade, in case I get things mixed up.

Trade 1: I send Seadra with Dragon Scale and you send me a random unwanted Pokemon with a Prism Scale

If Kingdra learns a new move, skip it don't let it learn it. Also, Seadra has Pokerus, but I don't think that should affect your Pokemon since you're not battling.

Trade 2: Immediately after trade 1 (and after Seadra evolves), I'll send you Feebas with my own Prism Scale while you send me back Kingdra.

Give me a shout if you're okay with everything and when you're ready to trade, thanks!

Sounds about right, i'm ready now.

A fucking Greninja beat out my Crobat. Fucking going for Attack-boost nature instead of Speed is the only reason I lost that fight. So fucking annoying. Dealing with Tyranitar also sucks major ass.

I just want to cry. I can't do unranked because it's just fucking legendary wankery and ranked is try-hards using OU shit. They need another bracket that enforces sleep clause among other handicaps to assist other try-hards like myself to feel good about the hundreds of hours I dump into pokemon only to get my shit pushed in.
Yowch, sounds painful. I haven't bothered with online yet in fear of this happening to me o__o

BTW, are you (or anyone else) free to battle within the next hour? I had some friendly battles scheduled for today, but nobody's messaged me yet.

Sleepwalker

Yowch, sounds painful. I haven't bothered with online yet in fear of this happening to me o__o

BTW, are you (or anyone else) free to battle within the next hour? I had some friendly battles scheduled for today, but nobody's messaged me yet.

I'll battle you with my mono fire team.

Sleepwalker

I just do 6v6 singles against passengers, I can't stand 3v3 :(

Unicorn

I just do 6v6 singles against passengers, I can't stand 3v3 :(
I just don't have the tools, I guess. I tried doubles and got stomped and then did 3v3 singles and got wiped by a fucking garchomp using EQ. What's the fucking point of EV training DEF on my Drapion if he just gets one-shot anyway.

I still wanted to train a Nidoking and Venusaur, but don't know wtf to do anymore

Currently it's this:

Pzn team with poisoning focus

Gengar
hex
disable
thunderbolt
sludgebomb

Drapion
crunch
EQ
agility
toxic spikes

Dragalge
draco meteor
venoshock
haze
toxic

Crobat
defog
brave bird
steel wing
cross poison

need roar or dragon tail or something to get the poison going around, but it's futile when all my shit dies in one hit. It's just frustrating because this is the team I've been wanting to make for almost 10 years, but now I'm so defeated. I have little faith Nidoking and Venusaur can pull this team out of the gutter.

Frost_Ace

I'd go with that but with the boost of assault vest, going with points in sp def instead of hp works better for taking special attacks, so it depends on what you want.
Think I'm gonna train it in sp.def like you said and maybe pair it with an intimidator to help with the physical defense.

Sleepwalker

I just don't have the tools, I guess. I tried doubles and got stomped and then did 3v3 singles and got wiped by a fucking garchomp using EQ. What's the fucking point of EV training DEF on my Drapion if he just gets one-shot anyway.

I still wanted to train a Nidoking and Venusaur, but don't know wtf to do anymore

Currently it's this:

Pzn team with poisoning focus

Gengar
hex
disable
thunderbolt
sludgebomb

Drapion
crunch
EQ
agility
toxic spikes

Dragalge
draco meteor
venoshock
haze
toxic

Crobat
defog
brave bird
steel wing
cross poison

need roar or dragon tail or something to get the poison going around, but it's futile when all my shit dies in one hit. It's just frustrating because this is the team I've been wanting to make for almost 10 years, but now I'm so defeated. I have little faith Nidoking and Venusaur can pull this team out of the gutter.

Venusaur is a great tank (specially his mega and has access to thick fat) he can also put mons to sleep with sleep powder.

As for Nidoking, be sure to get one with sheer force + life orb on the special side, sludge wave hits like a damn nuke and he avoids life orb recoil.

Also be sure to put items on those pokemons, I'm pretty sure a sashed dragalge can ohko Garchomp with draco meteor, since poison is weak to ground you also need coverage for that typing, so get someone with ice beam (nidoking, or even gengar but i'd advice king)

LaNaranja

What do you guys think of a hasty Mewtwo X? Is that a good nature to run for him or is a regular timid Mewtwo a better option?

My Mewtwo X is Modest. I didn't want to bother soft reseting because I liked the IV spread. Hasty should be fine.

I run Poison Jab, Psycho Cut, Rock Slide, and Brick Break.

It sucks but thus is life. I recently bred an all fighting Pokemon team which is fun to use but some stuff like Talonflame rips right through it. I pretty much exclusively play unranked though. I don't mind battling legendaries because I usually carry a Keldeo, Meloetta, or Mewtwo X.

So far that fighting team, not counting legendaries, is Machamp, Hitmonchan, Primeape, Infernape, and Scrafty. I still need one more if I want a team of six without legendaries. I have a perfect Torchic that I haven't gotten around to leveling up yet but it seems redundant with Infernape already there. Lucario seems like the better choice but he will take forever to breed. :/

Does anyone here have a Lucario breeding reject with 4 IVs and Bullet Punch? I could offer a breeding reject of my own in return.

Unicorn

What are you doing with your Primeape? I had one in D/P with Anger Point. It triggered one time and he swept the rest of the team. That one moment was worth all the failures I had before and since.

LaNaranja

What are you doing with your Primeape? I had one in D/P with Anger Point. It triggered one time and he swept the rest of the team. That one moment was worth all the failures I had before and since.

Anger Point w/ Scope Lens.

Poison Jab, Seismic Toss, Rock Slide, Close Combat.

I have played around with replacing Seismic Toss with a stat booster but he is so fragile he rarely gets the chance to benefit from it.

LaNaranja

Hey Orange? If you want I can breed a Riolu for ya.

That would be amazing. What would you like in return? Charmander? Zangoose? Tyrogue? Nasty Plot Togepi? 2 egg move Squirtle? HA Treecko? Something else? They would all have at least 4IVs.

I have a few different things and could always breed something quickly.

That would be amazing. What would you like in return? Charmander? Zangoose? Tyrogue? Nasty Plot Togepi? 2 egg move Squirtle? HA Treecko? Something else? They would all have at least 4IVs.

I have a few different things and could always breed something quickly.

Togepi sounds fine by me. I'm just hatching them Riolu now, they should be getting 5's since i'm using a 5 iv Lucario and the 6 iv god Ditto.

Top Bottom