• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

lupinko

Yeah, he's just a stubborn one. Though still have my Masterball. My challenge this time around to myself was to catch the legendaries in Pokeballs. Mewtwo made me want to punch him.

For my Y playthrough I'm going to try using premier balls, or continue my using Quickballs.

I still did not know what an Adamant Orb was. In other words I never bothered to get Zygarde or Mewtwo.

hmmm , let me try it

qrYAWOC.jpg

nope , same thing
Right, I just figured it out. Sap sipper cancels an attack which is why bullet seed did not work (i.e. thew whole duration got canceled) which is why I suggested two attacks (i.e. Karn) as this would be two cancels.

However, in doing that I forgot one important thing. Assuming Sap Sipper works like Flash Fire (which similarly cancels the attack) the boost only applies once but nullifying that type will happen every time.

I just don't have the tools, I guess. I tried doubles and got stomped and then did 3v3 singles and got wiped by a fucking garchomp using EQ. What's the fucking point of EV training DEF on my Drapion if he just gets one-shot anyway.

I still wanted to train a Nidoking and Venusaur, but don't know wtf to do anymore
For online I really wouldn't try doing hazards (maybe if you've forced a switch, doubles or 3v3 you just don't have the manpower to take hits). That aside, Garchomp is quite often choice banded which (having not done the maths) I'm guessing made the difference. Air baloon might be a worthwhile hold item but I don't know if Banded Garchomp still wins with other moves.

As for Nidoking most people expect life orb, it might be worth sacrificing the life orb boost and going with choice scarf. The getting a Nidoran with Hustle is not the fun part, especially if you like non-Pokeballs like me (means getting a female).

For online honestly I'm someone who knows the rules, knows the tactics but can not formulate them into a strategy (this step is very hard) and so my victories come from when my opponent makes what I see as fundemndal errors (e.g. not running weakness policy on Dragonite, choosing to fake out the Medacham that switch out due to fearing a shadow ball from Gengar leaving Ninetales to heat wave).

Monotype teams may be able to work but are vulnerable. Someone in Japan qualified with monotype Psychic but maybe that types works for monotype. I was thinking of monotype Ghost but ghosts seemed rather imbalanced in stat spreads and I thought it woulds be too hard to use.

is there a way to hack gen 6 pokemon

i have my little brother on my back for diancie

dont judge him hes only 7
Assuming you have a cart there is powersaves but the codes for Diance have been C&D'd by the Pokemon company* so instead you'll have to find someone that a Diance before that and can clone one.

*-I think powersaves requires to connect to the web to make use of the codes and the codes have been pulled from the server.

Muku

Well, found out how to get the preorder movie tickets at the theater this evening (Went to see Cpt America). Gotta go to one of the approved dealers to do so. Daiei, 711, and some other places on the list. 711 is easiest to get to no matter where you are, haha. Gotta use the machine there. Costs 1400 yen. Got my code, but will redeem it after my dinner here in a few moments.

It was interesting because just a bit before we went into theater I found out there were special dealers for it (never saw it mentioned til my search while waiting on movie). But previews showed short clips and about the Darkrai thing and all and I guess 711 advertising "buy tickets here".

Before this generation I'd save my Masterballs for the stupid running legendaries. :( Though Gen 1 and 2 I used Masterball on Mewtwo.

I'm the crazy one that tries to catch a legendary inside an Ultra/Dusk/Quick/Timer ball.

Nearly gotten Zygarde in a Luxury ball lol

Wichu

I'm the crazy one that tries to catch a legendary inside an Ultra/Dusk/Quick/Timer ball.

Nearly gotten Zygarde in a Luxury ball lol

I Premier Balled shiny Ho-oh and shiny Mewtwo in HeartGold. It literally took me longer to catch Mewtwo than to find the shiny one.

lupinko

Well, found out how to get the preorder movie tickets at the theater this evening (Went to see Cpt America). Gotta go to one of the approved dealers to do so. Daiei, 711, and some other places on the list. 711 is easiest to get to no matter where you are, haha. Gotta use the machine there. Costs 1400 yen. Got my code, but will redeem it after my dinner here in a few moments.

It was interesting because just a bit before we went into theater I found out there were special dealers for it (never saw it mentioned til my search while waiting on movie). But previews showed short clips and about the Darkrai thing and all and I guess 711 advertising "buy tickets here".

Oh I can get a ticket from 711? So is it just purchase from the machine and get the cashier to print it for you?

Muku

Oh I can get a ticket from 711? So is it just purchase from the machine and get the cashier to print it for you?

The machine (never dabbled in one at 711...tbh didn't know 711 even had ones.. until this evening, only ever used Lawsons) you go through process and it prints out something for cashier. Take it to them and pay and they give you the ticket with your Darkrai code on it. :) Booklet they give you gives you directions on how to redeem it if ya need it.

Type2

Would anyone like some 5iv venipedes in heal balls? All jolly with speed boost .

Edit: muku I would love one for dex whenever the cloners get through with them.

Muku

I have x3 Darkrai with Phantom Force up for grabs right now. Really looking to give them to cloners, that don't mind helping pass them out. Let me know if interested. Comes with its Enigma Berry.

Edit: I'm sure once I hand them out a list will start forming. :) Would prefer to pass them to folks who can help pass them out, since I imagine it'll be a popular one.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I have x3 Darkrai with Phantom Force up for grabs right now. Really looking to give them to cloners, that don't mind helping pass them out. Let me know if interested. Comes with its Enigma Berry.

Edit: I'm sure once I hand them out a list will start forming. :) Would prefer to pass them to folks who can help pass them out, since I imagine it'll be a popular one.
I'd love one, although I'm not a cloner myself. I can wait.

I tried the Graffiti game today and I got 5/6 power items. notbad.gif

Edit: 7/6 now (double'd with a power band). For 3000 miles I think that's a heck of a better return on points than the ballon pop one is.

Azure J

Here with more trade requests since my last batch went so swimmingly (thank you based Ultimadrago and Infinite for reaching out). Anyone have an Adamant Torchic with Low Kick, Baton Pass and Knock Off they mind parting with?

Game gods were good to me last night and saw fit to bless me with a 6IV Premier Ball female Adamant Justified Growlithe with Flare Blitz, Close Combat, Crunch and Morning Sun :) I'm hatching her sons now.

I can help you clone

Here with more trade requests since my last batch went so swimmingly (thank you based Ultimadrago and Infinite for reaching out). Anyone have an Adamant Torchic with Low Kick, Baton Pass and Knock Off they mind parting with?

Torchic doesn't learn Knock Off, Blaziken can learn it via move tutor and it would have to be imported from B2 or W2.

I have some with Baton Pass, but they're all dudes I think.

But I do have access to field Pokemon with Knock Off and Low Kick, so it's doable for me in theory...

Do you have an Absol with Justified BTW?

EDIT Nevermind, Knock Off isn't an egg move.

Anyone got Vivillons/Scatterbugs with the following patterns that they can give?

Tundra
Sun
Sandstorm
River
Archepelago
Ocean

Need to complete my vivillon collection.

Anyone got Vivillons/Scatterbugs with the following patterns that they can give?

Tundra
Sun
Sandstorm
River
Archepelago
Ocean

Need to complete my vivillon collection.

I breed Ocean buggies. I have a bunch of 4IV and 5IV Timid females in Premier Balls or fresh-caught female Scatterbugs in PokeBalls. If you'd like a boy or a specific ball just let me know.

L.O.R.D

anyone got the Darkrai ?
i really want one
i can clone it

edit : oh , also the Diancie code is also stared ?
07.19.2014 - 09.30.2014

lupinko

anyone got the Darkrai ?
i really want one
i can clone it

edit : oh , also the Diancie code is also stared ?
07.19.2014 - 09.30.2014

The Diancie distribution is given via local wireless at the movie theatre playing the movie itself.

So you have to be there in person.

Muku: ah ok, that's like buying concert tickets or psn/XBL vouchers.

L.O.R.D

The Diancie distribution is given via local wireless at the movie theatre playing the movie itself.

So you have to be there in person.

Muku: ah ok, that's like buying concert tickets or psn/XBL vouchers.

i know that , and because i don't live in japan , i am asking if someone could lent me his Diancie for while and i will clone it and return it

how the movie anyway ?

lupinko

i know that , and because i don't live in japan , i am asking if someone could lent me his Diancie for while and i will clone it and return it

how the movie anyway ?

The only code given out right now is the prepurchase bonus for Darkrai. You don't get Diancie until the movie is actually out in theatres, so July.

Top Bottom